shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC dirt-o-meter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
Hi gals-
those of you who own old mine cushion cuts over a carat, do they get as dirty as quickly as square cuts do? Just wondering what the cleaning will be like. I was washing my hands and got to thinking about hard water stains on those pretty chunky facets....

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily,

I don''t have a cushion, but I do have one of those dreaded square cuts (a radiant). You''re right . . . anything with large-ish facets seems to pick up noticeable water spots quicker than other cuts do.
14.gif

Here''s what I do: Every time I dry my hands, I also dry my diamond! LOL! Seriously . . . I make sure to wipe it off with a dry towel/paper towel (or even my shirt if nothing else is handy).
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a chunky faceted stone, but I do know that using rubbing alcohol wipes on mine gets the water spots right off! I read somewhere about someone keeping them in her purse!

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
haha about the alcohol in the purse- thanks ladies for responding, just wanna know what i am getting into.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My antique cushion is 1.75 ct. It doesn''t get any dirtier than any of my other diamonds, ie. 2.06 pear, 1.50 emerald cut.

I make it a habit to dry my hands with paper towels after washing in the restroom, then blowing sharply under the gallery, then specifically drying the diamond again. No water spots yet.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 5:32:07 PM
Author: purrfectpear
My antique cushion is 1.75 ct. It doesn''t get any dirtier than any of my other diamonds, ie. 2.06 pear, 1.50 emerald cut.

I make it a habit to dry my hands with paper towels after washing in the restroom, then blowing sharply under the gallery, then specifically drying the diamond again. No water spots yet.
Purrf, I''m glad to hear that I''m not the only crazy woman standing in the ladies'' room scrubbing at her diamond with a paper towel!
3.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock

Hahaha....I do this, too!
9.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock

LOL! I do that to my diamond too (when I forget to take them off)! I usually take my ring off and put it in my pocket when I wash my hands then put it right back on after I''m done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results