shape
carat
color
clarity

Oliver is limping again

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
You guys! Poor Oliver is limping again and not getting up. We are taking him in again tomorrow to the vet again. It looks like his other back leg. Have any of you had this happen to two legs on your cat? I’m freaking out.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry! Poor little guy! I haven't had this issue amongst my three, but please keep us updated! Sending oodles of good vibes your way!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!!

Yes, a lovely lady I talked to a while ago has a cat that’s had two FHO surgeries - both back legs! She healed up fine. But I hope that’s not the case!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could this be a case where the other leg is feeling so much better he has forgotten which leg to limb on
This does happen
So I really hope so

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am sending Oliver bucketloads of healing vibes and lots of well wishes.
Hoping it is nothing serious.

***********HEALING VIBES****************

healingvibes.gif

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!! I'm sorry that Oliver is limping.. my fingers are crossed that this is not something serious.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my 12 y.o. limps a bit when she gets up and it smooths out more as she walks around. She has confirmed arthritis, which the first time it happened it scared me terribly!

Is it that sort of limping or is it just all the time? Lots of dust for both of you thats its something that can be easily managed.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all. His limping is all the time again. He couldn't get off the bed last night he was in so much pain. We have an appointment at 5pm tonight, that was their first available emergency appointment. Friday morning he was meowing in a different way for long enough that I went into my daughter's room. He wasn't limping but I knew he was telling us something. Limping started last night.

We are hoping for nothing serious! But know chances are it is probably another fracture.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
We took him to the vet last night and he is back this morning for xrays. It was too late last night for the dr to sedate him and be able to wake him before closing time.

Dr did not feel anything to suggest a break when palpating the leg. Praying for an injury and not a break. Sweet boy was so patient while waiting almost two hours in the car.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We took him to the vet last night and he is back this morning for xrays. It was too late last night for the dr to sedate him and be able to wake him before closing time.

Dr did not feel anything to suggest a break when palpating the leg. Praying for an injury and not a break. Sweet boy was so patient while waiting almost two hours in the car.

Fingers and toes are crossed for no breaks on those xrays!!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed for Oliver!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet-looking kitty! Sending all best wishes and thoughts for Oliver!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor guy! Same injury and he will need same FHO surgery. Dr is running bloodwork to check if his calcium may be the issue. Sad for our boy :(

Oh fork it ;( Poor little thing!! Two FHOs, he really won the lottery didn’t he - and poor you!!

Ugh. I hope it goes smoothly. Like the last time. At least he’s young, he’ll heal up okay.

:(sad

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

He's a very handsome boy having an awful run of bad luck
hope all is well again soon with him and the vet works out what's causing this

As an aside our Borris thinks every time we go out in the car we must be going to the vet

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Such a cute cat! I hope he recovers swiftly. He's lucky to have you as his owner, taking good care of him.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Your handsome boy went willingly to the vet and waited 2 hrs. In the car? What a special cat you have! My grouchy girl would have killed everyone in the car by then. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry sweet handsome Oliver is dealing with this and I am sending bucketloads of healing vibes his way and lots of love to you both. (((((Hugs))))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww bucketloads of healing dust to sweet Oliver. And big (((hugs))). Fast and full recovery wishes!

Here we go again. Poor guy had an infection in his first incision we had no idea. C309B3AD-C3D1-4DC6-BEF5-8193D2011822.jpeg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this, @mom2dolls! I am sending so many positive thoughts and good vibes for you and Oliver. Please keep us posted, and take good care of yourself!

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
FHO is a good thing in a way, prevents some of the possible ageing issues, and prevents pain which is the most important ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we go again. Poor guy had an infection in his first incision we had no idea. C309B3AD-C3D1-4DC6-BEF5-8193D2011822.jpeg
On no, so sorry ;(

Hope poor Oliver recovers okay this time ❤️

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
So he needed the duplicate surgery in other hip, and on top of that, he had an infection in the first incision? Poor kitty !!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @mom2dolls ;( I hope Oliver recovers soon and heals quickly.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping for a quick and complete recovery. Please keep us posted.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and paws crossed here for speedy healing. Poor guy!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
He is doing well! We are surprised at how awake and aware he is. Even day one after surgery. He is eating throughout the day. My daughter says I am spoiling him. I may be hand feeding him. Hey, he’s been through a lot. He is getting up, stretching his legs. He is such a sweet boy! 47458B5B-C6F3-4576-9D6F-A8EDD725EF8B.jpeg

Attachments

• 72C5F362-8EF0-4638-BA3C-18568CF24FEE.jpeg
    72C5F362-8EF0-4638-BA3C-18568CF24FEE.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results