shape
carat
color
clarity

Oleg Cassini Gown - Possibly discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rebeclette

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I was searching on E-bay and I found two people selling this oleg Cassini gown style # CV091. I loved the style, I''m looking for something not strapless. But when I went to David''s Bridal I couldn''t find it on the site, and I don''t remember seeing it at all while searching for the past six months. Has anyone come across this gown? And do you know if it is discontinued? I was so heartbroken to find it not avalible : (

oleg cassini.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
It is an old gown.. so its probably discontinued. I remember it from when my best friend was shopping for her dress almost two years ago. It is REALLY pretty though. Very classic.

rebeclette

Rough_Rock
Oh no! how sad
39.gif
Thanks for the reply!
It seems like everything now is strapless with lots of beading, and I''m just not a strapless/beading kind of gal

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
for some reason it reminds me of the movie The Princess Bride
3.gif
Very pretty!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I bought an "older" style Oleg Cassini for my wedding. I don''t think the style being "old" should be an issue because I remember seeing the picture of my dress for YEARS before I got engaged and finally purchased it.
When I was trying on gowns I was told that mine was being discontinued, so of course I purchased it right away. As it turned out, they just stopped showing it on their site for approx six months before "returning" it to the collection (it was available the whole time). I would start calling local David''s if you''re really interested. I''m sure they''ll be able to help you out.
Beautiful choice btw. Let us know how it turns out.
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous wedding dress. I love everything about it. I so hope that you find it!

I wish you well,

Bridget

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t buy it from one of the sellers on ebay? Unfortunately, it sounds like that might be your only option.
7.gif

What about having it custom made?

Good luck!!

rebeclette

Rough_Rock
thank you ladies for all the helpful suggestions! I''ll try and call david''s bridal this weekend and see if they might still make it. Unfortunatly the dresses on ebay were way to small for me...and even though they are only around $200, which is somewhat comparatively cheap, I''m nervous about buying a dress I''ve never tried on. But I plan to keep looking, it seems that if by chance two people were selling it on ebay there might be more poping up.
Thanks so much for all the help!

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I looked high and low for a dress with sleeves and finally found one. When I took it to the seamstress I mentioned how hard it was to find, and she told me she spends a lot of her time putting on straps, making sleeves, etc. I had no idea that could be done. If you find a dress you love but it isn''t EXACTLY what you want, don''t be afraid to ask a seamstress if it can be modified, including adding parts. Had I known that, my search would have taken much less time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results