shape
carat
color
clarity

old family wedding photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm planning to frame some old family wedding photos to decorate our cake table. If anyone has done this, would you mind sharing pictures from your wedding of how you arranged them?

And also, anyone have frames they'd like the suggest??

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy had a great idea for this if you want to look her pics up!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 6:44:50 PM
Author: sunnyd
Gypsy had a great idea for this if you want to look her pics up!
Thanks, I''ll do that!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any help, but I just think it''s a great idea and I was thinking of doing it for my wedding.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did this. I just left them in the frames they were in. We had both sets of parents and all sets of grandparents. We got married at a CC so they had lots of furniture/extra tables that we displayed them on.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My cousin did this when she got married! There was a baby grand piano in the room where they had their reception (The Newark Club), and she had various aunts'', the grandparents'', and parents'' wedding pictures of various sizes in frames with a similar theme to them. It looked beautiful, and was a great conversation starter.
35.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I did that. I just had the cake in the center and one picture on each side.

I used pictures of each of our parents cutting their cake at their wedding. I thought it was cute and I know the friends of our parents loved it (as did our parents).

As far as the frames went, I went to Walmart and found the cheapest ones I could. My parents (and DH''s parents) both kept their photo in an album, so there would be no use for the frames after the fact. I think they were a few dollars each.

AIMG_1073.jpg

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning on doing this for my wedding. I bought a bunch of frames that mismatched at JoAnn (50% off) but I was planning on placing them with the guest book. The cake table is an awesome idea! I may have to place them there instead. I got the idea from gypsy''s photos. Her table was amazing!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 8:13:27 AM
Author: october2008bride
I did that. I just had the cake in the center and one picture on each side.

I used pictures of each of our parents cutting their cake at their wedding. I thought it was cute and I know the friends of our parents loved it (as did our parents).

As far as the frames went, I went to Walmart and found the cheapest ones I could. My parents (and DH''s parents) both kept their photo in an album, so there would be no use for the frames after the fact. I think they were a few dollars each.
Thanks for sharing! Your cake table looked very nice. I''m actually planning to scan and print new copies of the wedding photos, and then keep them in their frames to hang/display in our new house. Otherwise, I''d definitely be going with the cheapest frames I could find too! :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We did this, but had no cake, so no cake table. We displayed the photos on a bookshelf in the reception room.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We thought about doing this, but our family members couldn''t get their acts together to find pics
20.gif
3.gif
I love the idea, though!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I want to do this since my parents have such cool wedding photos and have been happily married for 43 years. My FI''s parents are divorced, however, so I don''t think I can put up just my parents'' photos. I really want to though.
20.gif

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 4:15:07 PM
Author: Lanie
I want to do this since my parents have such cool wedding photos and have been happily married for 43 years. My FI''s parents are divorced, however, so I don''t think I can put up just my parents'' photos. I really want to though.
20.gif
Yeah, I don''t think you can do just one set. That would cause hard feelings. Both of our sets of parents have been married for over 30 years, so I want to display the photos partly as a tribute to that! It doesn''t happen very often anymore, unfortunately.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am planning on a family wedding photo display. It will include parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and whoever else wants to get me their photos! I''m asking for them framed, so if people let me borrow them in their frames, I will use those. If they come to me unframed, I am just planning on buying some inexpensive antique-looking frames at Jo-Ann Fabrics. If anyone is looking for frames, I highly recommend Jo-Ann. They have a great selection of frames at the store closest to me, and they are seemingly always on sale!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 5:33:58 PM
Author: musincy

I want to do this since my parents have such cool wedding photos and have been happily married for 43 years. My FI's parents are divorced, however, so I don't think I can put up just my parents' photos. I really want to though.
20.gif
Yeah, I don't think you can do just one set. That would cause hard feelings. Both of our sets of parents have been married for over 30 years, so I want to display the photos partly as a tribute to that! It doesn't happen very often anymore, unfortunately.

Good thread!! I have wanted to do this too! But FI's mom is divorced, his dad has passed away, and his mom has remarried. Not meaning to threadjack, but do you guys think would that be a difficult/awkward table to put together? Maybe do what people have mentioned with multiple relatives up there, not just parents?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 9:46:25 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Date: 1/20/2009 5:33:58 PM

Author: musincy

20.gif
Yeah, I don''t think you can do just one set. That would cause hard feelings. Both of our sets of parents have been married for over 30 years, so I want to display the photos partly as a tribute to that! It doesn''t happen very often anymore, unfortunately.

Good thread!! I have wanted to do this too! But FI''s mom is divorced, his dad has passed away, and his mom has remarried. Not meaning to threadjack, but do you guys think would that be a difficult/awkward table to put together? Maybe do what people have mentioned with multiple relatives up there, not just parents?

Ask FI''s mom how she would feel about you putting a picture up of them. I don''t know the situation, but they were in love once so maybe she wouldn''t mind. We only plan to do our parents and grandparents but the idea of doing all relatives is great too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results