shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Color

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There is too much to see in pictures now - for me, at least, so my attention gets paid elsewhere; then, some things cannot be overlooked, such as a large diamond button of old cut colored diamonds! [I see a few top blues, one equally impressive purple, an incredibly clear dark grey with a particularly intriguing crown cut - pink, obvioulsly, & yellows, of course - they had to be, since diamonds do the colour yellow yellow so much more & so well! The series of crown styles is worth squinting for.]

Not a surprising source: www

01844.jpg

Color in old cuts seems mesmerizing - fleeting among the play of light, as it might be in an painting. [I have your marquise in mind @KKJohnson & some of your words @diagem]

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful collection of colors! :love: Historically very special too...1780! And yes, worth squinting for:D

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
At 18cm, you would hardly have to squint. That is a honker of a button...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@suzanne2 I hadn't noticed the typo on the page - 'cm' instead of 'mm'... The 65g makes me wonder how this thing is constructed - it is perhaps a third more than I would expect for a modern setting & I am likely wrong ... the point of platinum work is to be light [a question for Art of Platinum, if there ever was!]

I am intrigues by the simple cut of the 'sidestones' - the two larger stones right & left of the pink; they seem very simple, like some rounded table cuts were (1600' , tbd.)... as if the person who cared to collect the most interesting diamonds by colour, picked the most intriguing cut too.

rambling

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 I hadn't noticed the typo on the page - 'cm' instead of 'mm'... The 65g makes me wonder how this thing is constructed - it is perhaps a third more than I would expect for a modern setting & I am likely wrong ... the point of platinum work is to be light [a question for Art of Platinum, if there ever was!]

I am intrigues by the simple cut of the 'sidestones' - the two larger stones right & left of the pink; they seem very simple, like some rounded table cuts were (1600' , tbd.)... as if the person who cared to collect the most interesting diamonds by colour, picked the most intriguing cut too.

rambling
Are you going to buy it? :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results