shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay now, all you pregnant (or at one time pregnant) laides, help me out here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:26:03 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Date: 2/25/2008 5:06:27 PM

Author: Dani

You were on bc when you got preggo, Butterfly??!!! OMG....that makes me so nervous (only b/c I am on bc and dont want to be preggo right now)...Did you miss any pills or anything? What were you taking, if you dont mind me asking?
6.gif

Dani, yes, I have been on Depo-provera for about 9 months. I was planning on getting my tubes tied actually, but doing this in the meantime until I was ready.

The other wierd part is that I really can''t remember ''doing it'' around the time I would have conceived. I should have conceived around the 31st of December and it just doesn''t seem right. I worked the 30th, went to a party the 31st, and then worked the 1st and the 2nd. It''s just odd.
23.gif

OMG!!! And on Depo no less!!! Guess this kid is meant to be here!!!!
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that info Butterfly. It will be interesting (at the very least!!) to see what the next weeks bring.

Someone at work was talking about the pregnancy test that is supposed to be able to be used almost directly after conception, but I don''t want to rush things, and I also don''t want to get all hyped up (one way or the other) just to slam to the opposite side later on, when reality hits (again, one way or the other), if the test isn''t accurate. I''ll just hold out for a while and see what happens. I would also be heartbroken if I was pregnant and lost the baby, as is so common SO SO SO early on!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:43:32 PM
Author: Dani

OMG!!! And on Depo no less!!! Guess this kid is meant to be here!!!!
1.gif

Yeah, I guess so. It''s funny but I contacted a psychic ( I know, I am wierd, but my friend told me to do it) in Oct. 2006 and he told me that I if I bought the house that I was interested in, that I would have another baby and it would be a boy.

Well, he predicted the baby alright, now I am going to see if the boy part is right!
2.gif

Oophs, sorry, I don''t want to threadjack!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
fisher I got 3 negatives before my positive b/c I tested too early so really try to hold off until you are actually late.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It''s an interesting story, Butterfly. Thanks for sharing. You''ll have to post if it''s a boy when you find out!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:38:48 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Date: 2/25/2008 8:52:00 PM

Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 2/25/2008 8:03:20 PM

Author: snlee

Within a week after I ovulated, my boobs were sore and I had cramps. I definitely had lots of phantom feelings that made me think I was pregnant in the months before and I wasn't. The mind can play tricks on you! So this time around I didn't know for sure. At about 11 and 12 DPO, I had some implantation bleeding accompanied with period like cramps. When the bleeding had stopped by the day my period was due, I had an inkling that I was pregnant. Then the tiredness kicked in. A few days after my missed period I saw my first positive HPT! I still can't believe I'm pregnant! Italiahaircolor's comment about suddenly becoming dumb is so true That's how I feel now. I'm so out of it. I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things!

Italiahaircolor, lots of baby dust to you!

Is it normal to bleed before your expected period when you're pregnant? I would never have thought of that as a sign of pregnancy!!

From what I know, at least some stuff that I have been reading,
2.gif
it is normal to have implantation bleeding about 7 to 10 days (usually the 8th day) after ovulation. That is the time it takes for the fertilized egg to travel down the fallopian tubes, find a nice comfortable place in the uterus and start implanting itself in the blood-enriched lining that has been waiting for it's arrival. If a fertilized egg doesn't implant, then a few days later you get what you know as your period.

During this process some women experience what is known as implantation bleeding or spotting (not enough to notice on your underwear, but enough that you notice it when you wipe with a tissue). Some women get it just once and others have it last a few days.

Sometimes there is also some cramping or slight pain during the implantation, which is normal as well.

Of course not all women get this and some who do, dismiss it as a light period, that is until they never get that period. Then of course, it's time for the HPT!!
36.gif

I hope this helps!! I myself had implantation bleeding with my two girls, but not with my other pregnancies.
butterfly pretty much summed it up. I've read that implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. The time it happens differs since all women have different cycles. About a third of women experience implantation bleeding.

fisherofmengirly, I would wait till your a few days late to test. Keep us posted!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, I have heard of something called implantation bleeding, not sure it is true.

I always felt imminently about to get my period but did not get it.

I have a friend who bleed once a month for three months while pregnant! She did not even think she was because it was like having her period. Well, she was pregnant. Luckily she is healthy and not a drinker or smoker so those three months things were fine. Baby was fine too!

First morning urine is the most concentrated. A lot of the tests nowadays can tell the day you would be due, or earlier, but you can have false positives. So unless you do do a serum beta, I would wait til the day you are due and get up that morning and try the test. Cannot hurt.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:35:09 PM
Author: ephemery1
I had a bit of a ''sense'' before my missed period too, but I kept telling myself to stop imagining things.
2.gif
My first physical symptom was probably sore boobs, but I get that as a PMS symptom anyway. I also noticed some heartburn (unusual for me) and had to pee a lot more than usual... both around 10 days post ovulation. Oh, and my ketchup chips tasted ''off''!
31.gif

Just some info to clarify things: most early pregnancy symptoms are related to the production of HCG, and HCG is not produced until implantation occurs (usually 7-10 days after ovulation). So the earliest you could *really* feel anything is a week after conceiving. But a lot of people develop ''phantom'' symptoms each month because they have their hopes up so high... even to the extent of physical pain and vomiting! The mind is a very powerful thing. Overall, early PG symptoms are very similar to PMS symptoms, which can be frustrating.
Now, it would be just like me to have some "phantom" symptoms, Ephemery! We''ll see how it goes. I suppose I''m a tad too early to know anything for sure. It''s most likely that I have the bug that was going around the office. Still, just in case it''s not that, I''m not going to be taking any medications.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
My first symptoms were constant hunger and tiredness, from about two weeks before my period was due.

I am bad with dates and not really very observant or tuned in to my body to be honest, so I tested about a week before my period was due (I just got the dates wrong) and I still got an unequivocal dark line straight away. (And on the 20 or so tests I took over the next few weeks, in stunned disbelief!)

Fingers crossed for you,

Jen

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t notice anything or feel any different until after I missed my period and took the pregnancy test. I''m just clueless I guess.
37.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I had a very uneventful and symptom free pregnancy, so I didn''t notice very much in the early stages. We found out on the day my period was due, and left for Germany and Austria on vacation the next day. I found that the smells of some of the food in these countries, especially at the markets, would make me feel sick. So I would say that was my first "symptom".

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Butterfly--don''t know if someone already mentioned this but sperm can live inside you for a while before conception (don''t know the exact # of days) your partner may have some endurance runners and hence the reason you can''t remember having sex around that time--it may have been days before!
Also read (but don''t quote me on the exact science of this) that if you do have sex before ovulation and get preggo you have a higher chance of having a girl b/c the X sperm have the endurance and the Y''s have the speed--by the time you ovulate the Ys have burnt out and the X''s are still kickin, so you get a girl (maybe haha).....

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Jas12, your post made me LOL!!! I can just visualize those eager little marathon "female" sperm, still getting the job done after the "male" sperm have given up. Isn''t that just the truth in real life!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas I think it is 72 hours.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 10:59:02 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
OMG Jas12, your post made me LOL!!! I can just visualize those eager little marathon ''female'' sperm, still getting the job done after the ''male'' sperm have given up. Isn''t that just the truth in real life!!!!
LOL. Also, I find it amusing how on average women outlive men just like how girl sperm outlive boy sperm.
5.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 6:43:14 AM

Date: 2/25/2008 12:35:09 PM
Author: ephemery1
I had a bit of a ''sense'' before my missed period too, but I kept telling myself to stop imagining things.
2.gif
My first physical symptom was probably sore boobs, but I get that as a PMS symptom anyway. I also noticed some heartburn (unusual for me) and had to pee a lot more than usual... both around 10 days post ovulation. Oh, and my ketchup chips tasted ''off''!
31.gif

Just some info to clarify things: most early pregnancy symptoms are related to the production of HCG, and HCG is not produced until implantation occurs (usually 7-10 days after ovulation). So the earliest you could *really* feel anything is a week after conceiving. But a lot of people develop ''phantom'' symptoms each month because they have their hopes up so high... even to the extent of physical pain and vomiting! The mind is a very powerful thing. Overall, early PG symptoms are very similar to PMS symptoms, which can be frustrating.
Now, it would be just like me to have some ''phantom'' symptoms, Ephemery! We''ll see how it goes. I suppose I''m a tad too early to know anything for sure. It''s most likely that I have the bug that was going around the office. Still, just in case it''s not that, I''m not going to be taking any medications.
Haha... trust me, I am more than guilty of it myself! My first 2 months off BC, I don''t even think I ovulated... and if I did, we definitely missed the concepton "window". Yet I STILL convinced myself that every little twinge and pain and ache was somehow pregnancy-related. The month it actually happened, I did feel different. Watching those 2 lines form on the test was surreal, but somehow not surprising... almost as if I already knew. Very odd.

It definitely can''t hurt to avoid medication, but another little medical tidbit... you wouldn''t be sharing blood with the baby this early (I think the placenta forms around 6 weeks), so those things are probably okay for now if necessary. Good luck!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think we''ll be taking a test this weekend.

I''ve been feeling better in general, but have been continously sleepy, which isn''t like me. And yesterday someone made some sort of weird combination of foods for their packed lunch at work, and I all but puked all over them.

Last night I was organizing the pantry and a glass jar of stir fry sauce hit the ground and splattered every-flippin-where, and that smell made me gag, too. It is a strong smell, but Paul was fine while he helped me get it up.

I''ve also been waking up sore, but that goes away when I get up. Kind of odd.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck testing, Fisher! Do you know how many days post ovulation you are? If you are already having food aversions, it''s possible that you are farther along than you think... a test could definitely be accurate by now!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, will you just go and pee on something already?!?!?!
2.gif
Sounds like you''re having some serious symptoms. What are you waiting for--we''re all getting impatient here! I definitely hear you on the smell stuff. I''ve always had a strong sense of smell but the minute I get pregnant, it is even MORE heightened and I can smell things from miles away and gag. Go get a test ASAP!
1.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Fisher,
My first symptoms were a very odd taste in my mouth and leg cramps. I went to the dr. for the leg cramps b/c I''d never experienced anything like that before. They gave me a pregnancy test as a just in case and it was negative. Still having problems a week or so later so I went back. Another test and guess what, I was pregnant! I can''t remember how early in the pregnancy I found out but I think it was fairly early.

Good luck to you on taking the test! It''s exciting and a bit nervewracking, I''m sure.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
AAAH! The suspense! C''mon Fishy, don''t leave us hanging here...

We want a Fisherofmenbaby! We want a Fisherofmenbaby!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
No info. to share as of yet.

I''m not sure what''s going on. It''s funny. It''s like some days I feel *so* like I must be pregnant, and other days (like today), I think it''s all in my head. I''ve felt just fine all day today. Maybe it was some weird bug thing going around.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
haha, feeling fine can be a sign too, fishy!! I had consistent light pulling/cramping from the day I o''d (normal for me to cramp on o day) all the way to 7dpo. Then for 2 days I felt fine, glorious, energetic even! The only weird thing was one little tiny random brown bit of spot on 8dpo. Based on those 2 days, I gave up any idea that the unusual cramping meant pg and went back to normal life. And then I got tired and my bbs were like *instantly* fuller. Took an early HPT and it was negative. Took one the next day and it was faint positive :) The next day it was darker still and the day after that (yeah, I like to pee on stuff!) I got a positive on a digital :)

With my 3 boys I did NOT have the constant cramps from o, nor did I last month with my chemical pg (that sucked, btw). BUT I have always had early m/s with my pgs (that''s 10 now, took me 5 m/c''s just to have my first! then 2 and 3 were no prob...) Right now I''m feeling only a bit queasy.

My point is that not only is it different for every woman, it is different -- or can be -- for every pregnancy! Good luck to you and I am hoping that it''s a positive for you!! ((hugs))

Jen
EDD 11-6-08

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 8:21:07 PM
Author: sk8rjen
haha, feeling fine can be a sign too, fishy!! I had consistent light pulling/cramping from the day I o''d (normal for me to cramp on o day) all the way to 7dpo. Then for 2 days I felt fine, glorious, energetic even! The only weird thing was one little tiny random brown bit of spot on 8dpo. Based on those 2 days, I gave up any idea that the unusual cramping meant pg and went back to normal life. And then I got tired and my bbs were like *instantly* fuller. Took an early HPT and it was negative. Took one the next day and it was faint positive :) The next day it was darker still and the day after that (yeah, I like to pee on stuff!) I got a positive on a digital :)

With my 3 boys I did NOT have the constant cramps from o, nor did I last month with my chemical pg (that sucked, btw). BUT I have always had early m/s with my pgs (that''s 10 now, took me 5 m/c''s just to have my first! then 2 and 3 were no prob...) Right now I''m feeling only a bit queasy.

My point is that not only is it different for every woman, it is different -- or can be -- for every pregnancy! Good luck to you and I am hoping that it''s a positive for you!! ((hugs))

Jen
EDD 11-6-08
Are you pregnant? Are you? Seriously? Wow! When are you due?

I still don''t know anything. I''ve had a bad headache today, but other than that, I''m fine again. I made chicken on the foreman grill for lunch and didn''t eat any because it looked weird (not like me), but had salad and felt fine afterwards.

Sometimes I''m just random. So, it could be something, could be nothing. I think I''ll re-test in a few days. By then, maybe it''ll show something. I''m not totally, totally regular, so I can''t really go off not having yet started, either. It''s not abnormal for me to be at this point and not started.

Last night we went to a hockey game and we got on the kiss cam (oh the fun of a giant zoom in on two people zoning out, paying no attention to the screen!!) and I told Paul that may have been our baby''s first debut on TV. He just laughed.

It''s funny; when I first thought I might could be pregnant, I was nervous, but now I''ll be sad if we''re not. Paul will still get his surprise way of me telling him, but he''s caught on to my sleeping a lot and being sore and agitated at times, so I had to tell him about it. He still thinks I''m just feeling "under the weather" because of the bugs going around work. I might be.

Sk8r, don''t forget to post a picture of your house! :)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Jen's EDD is 11/6/08. Have you taken a HPT yet??? We are dying in suspense! Do you know how many days post ovulation you are?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 2:47:06 PM
Jen''s EDD is 11/6/08. Have you taken a HPT yet??? We are dying in suspense! Do you know how many days post ovulation you are?
I did take a test, yesterday, and it didn''t work right. The control didn''t show up right.
7.gif

I don''t know exactly when I ovulated, no. I recently came off the pill and my cycle is still regulating itself. That''s part of why I''m thinking I''ve gotten too excited that I am pregnant, because I likely am not. Still, I feel odd, different.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 3:10:04 PM
Date: 3/2/2008 2:47:06 PM

Jen''s EDD is 11/6/08. Have you taken a HPT yet??? We are dying in suspense! Do you know how many days post ovulation you are?

I did take a test, yesterday, and it didn''t work right. The control didn''t show up right.
7.gif

I don''t know exactly when I ovulated, no. I recently came off the pill and my cycle is still regulating itself. That''s part of why I''m thinking I''ve gotten too excited that I am pregnant, because I likely am not. Still, I feel odd, different.

I guess I''m living vicariously through you, but I''m really excited to see if the symptoms you''ve been having are PG-related or not.
4.gif
Will you try the test again? Have you missed your period yet?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always knew when I was pregnant. I just felt off and a bit funky. The signs were clear, even before I missed my period, and though they were a bit subtle at first I really knew something was up. Wait til the day you are due and do first morning urine.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Fisher :) EDD=estimated date of delivery...Nov 4th. I''ve known for a week but I am only 4 wks and 3 days along! I''m an early-symptom, have-a-feeling-i''m-preggo kinda girl, so I started testing early.... like I said, i had a couple of days where i thought "it must not have implanted" but then i got a faint BFP and so on and so forth :) I had a bunch of internet cheapie tests, but really the first response early result work the best for early testing. i still am using the internet cheapies up so i can watch my line get darker each time, but I had a BFP on the FRER the 2nd day I tested. I have a short cycle and early ovulation with a 16 day luteal phase.

Maybe you should start charting (doesn''t mean you have to actually temp) so you can get a feel for how your body works...try fertilityfriend.com and you''ll get a free tutorial. Of course you won''t need it if you are preggo :) i learned a lot from them and only checked it out after i was already pg!

Yes I''ll post some house pics...i really need to find that darned memory card and get those old pics on the computer, so i''ll make that my next project :)

babydust to ya, fishy!

(ps pee in a cup and test that way, less messy and you can retest with the same u if the test doesn''t work right....i think it''s easier to time that way too -- good luck!)

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 6:28:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
I always knew when I was pregnant. I just felt off and a bit funky. The signs were clear, even before I missed my period, and though they were a bit subtle at first I really knew something was up. Wait til the day you are due and do first morning urine.
I knew when I took the test it was too early (I think my egg dropped between the 18th and the 22nd), but I thought just maybe it''d say. Not yet, though. I''ll take another one later in the week. I''m still not regular, but I should know something by the end of this week. I hope.

I fell asleep on the way to church tonight; it''s only about a 12 minute drive. I have a totally hard time falling asleep, so it''s amazing that I was zonked out in that short amount of time. I''m still kind of like in this fog all the time, but I''m not known to be one of hte sharpest people at first attempt to tell me something, anyway.
2.gif

I have a slight fever today, which makes me think maybe this is a cold/flu/bug thing. I don''t have a clue what''s going on with me, pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results