shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay Ladies...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Lets have a fun topic. If you could pick out your venue right now. what would it be and your colours and theme ideas you have.I wanted and still do, want to elope. The SO doesnt want that, something about living in a city were its easy to get married. I think he's saying no because he knows deep down, i might be hurt if i didnt get the chance to have a wedding with friends and family. :roll:

So that leads me to look at venues locally. If i could, and had the money, this is were i would like to get married, with a nice afternoon lunch reception, than everyone goes takes a nap and relaxes. (We will have a lot of OOT guests) Than we meet back up with everyone for a dinner either at the resturant i list or some place close to it, than dancing at our favorite club. Luckily we know enough people in management to get a good deal on a booth, SO did that for my 21st Birthday :D

So Wedding cemerory would be here

http://www.mgmgrandweddings.com/venues/the-terraza.aspx

Or Here

http://mandalaybay.com/thingstodo/weddings.aspx

Than Dinner here

http://www.battistaslasvegas.com/index.html

Than Dancing and Cocktails( even though ddinner comes with wine and its good. We went for the SO brithday and i had a bottle of their wine myself :oops: ) Here

http://www.mgmgrand.com/nightlife/studio-54.aspx

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Great topic! I have not bought anything for my wedding yet, but these are my ideas for my wedding so far!

We want to do a wedding on a budget, we both do not make crazy amounts of money and we also do not know how much his family is contributing or how much my family is contributing. Although, we know they are contributing SOME!

So... we are getting married in a beautiful modern catholic church in our area. I can not even describe how beautiful this church is! Our reception would be at their reception hall at the church. They have a great round room that holds about 200 people. High ceilings, chandelier, just all around great for the price! They also have a decorator they hire that just makes the place look fabulous (not like some drab church halls, if you know what I mean!)

My colors are pure black bridesmaid dresses in any style they want as long as it matches the black theme. My flowers(because I want a splash of color) are hot pink and hot orange, and white. It looks amazing against the black!

Centerpieces will be the same flowers, in 3 different square vases in varying heights, sitting on mirrors with a few candle tea lights around.. White floor linens with a black topper on top of the table.. White chair covers, or we might rent white wooded chairs to match the decor.

Our cake, we want it to be completely white fondant, with black ribbon at the base of each tier, and our flowers (maybe 4) on some edges of the cake (real ones)...

These are my ideas..

Also each table number will be in a black frame with a black and white picture of us with the number displayed in our wedding colors (hot pink or hot orange)

These are ideas, but i can't wait to start planning. My boyfriend also likes the colors and ideas so I think once I get my ring we'll be able to get this party started!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would choose the Penthouse and Pavillion Suite at the Dorchester in London. You get 3 spaces to use for small weddings. I love how ornate everything is so I would keep the theme very simple.

312959_MEET_14_J.jpg

pavilion.jpg

Penthouse%20Terrace_j.jpg

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to go for "simple elegance." I don't want anything fussy. My colors: red and chocolate, would be incorporated here and there. (For example, red is my favorite color, so I'll be wearing red shoes. :bigsmile: )

I am actually thinking of a San Antonio wedding, Mashira! (My dad lives there and as an adult, I've really enjoyed the hotels and restaurants on the Riverwalk)

http://www.hotelvalencia-riverwalk.com/weddings.php

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Chloe I'm also wearing red high heels :wacko:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Maise, that just looks amazing. So pretty, you would hardly have to do any decorating.

Mashira- they both looks pretty. For some reason i really like the last location

Nicole- nothing wrong with going afford. Even though, those places i listed are abit pricey, i think they are affordable. If we go with those locations and everything, we are looking at maybe 10 K for everything. One of my sisters spent close to 12k and than i had another who spent over 100K, well mostly her parents, and her DH.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie I have been to several weddings at the Dorchester. It's pretty but ive been so many times, that we ruled it out for our own wedding. You got any other London suggestions?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
See, its a good place to get ideas too!!!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
jeeeeez, i want to get married in LONDON! :lol: Its beautiful there. My budget is 10,000 as well. As of right now, but I am sure I can possibly pull it off for 8,000 if I do most of the decorating myself! :bigsmile:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I would have mine at the Botanical Gardens near where I live. It's beautiful and I would love an outside wedding :love:. I don't think we'll be able to afford this though :???: oh well.

botgarden1.jpg

botgarden2.jpg

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Grls...that looks amazing!!!!

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
My dream venue (and I hope actual too) is the Bath and Tennis Club in Westhampton Beach, NY. It's right on the ocean so I can have my ceremony out on the beach (no church for me), then go inside/up on the deck for the reception. And it's so close for all my family (except the grandma in FL). My brother's friend had his there and it was sooooo nice. But the catering hall section is in the process of changing management. They better have that figured out for 2012!

I haven't even thought about colors yet. One of my favorite flowers are snapdragons, so I'd like to incorporate those. Maybe with some gerbera daisies.

On the other hand, I'd so do a destination wedding in some place like Tahiti. Would really cut down on the guest list :naughty:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
We're having two ceremonies. We would LOVE for the first to be at The Florida Aquarium, the second at his (Catholic) church. My church is too far away, and honestly our church service is going to be very small, like Father Oscar, my mom, his dad, and us.

The aquarium provides catering (which from what I understand is fan-freaking-tastic, yay) and music equipment, etc etc. Pretty much everything except flowers... also a very decent price. Oh, oh, oh, you can pay for a 20 or 30 minute session with penguins (which bf is obsessed with.. everyone is allowed their childhood dream, right?) and we can take pictures with them. yay.

Grlsbestfriend, I loooooove those gardens, so beautiful : )
NicoleBen, I wish his church was pretty... Actually for a Catholic church it's really plain. Mine is actually a Cathedral, so I guess I was a little spoiled growing up.

EDITED: Maisie, that is so beautiful.I think I'm in love.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Jessie702 said:
Grls...that looks amazing!!!!

Yeah i love it. They have around 6 or 7 spots for weddings that fit from 50 to 500 people. Every spot is gorgeous. I'm really not sure how big our wedding will be but if we have a small wedding I may be able to afford it. I am a little scared of having an outdoor wedding because you never really can be sure it won't rain.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
luckynumber said:
Maisie I have been to several weddings at the Dorchester. It's pretty but ive been so many times, that we ruled it out for our own wedding. You got any other London suggestions?

What size is your wedding?

When I was getting married we considered Claridges, The Landmark, Sofitel St James, Mandarin Oriental .... All the prices seemed to come in around the same for a wedding with 30 guests. I am sure there are more - I will have to remember. This was a while ago.

This room really made my heart go flutter at the Mandarin...

mandarin_oriental_london_the_loggia_wedding.jpg

heyme

Rough_Rock
I want a barn wedding. :lol: Not like cowboy boots and stuff, I just like how a rustic barn looks. I'm pretty sure my extended family and friends are going to be shocked and appalled because we live in such a materialistic place and everyone has big fancy weddings... even when they can't afford it. Nope, not for me!

I'm leaning towards here since it's IN my home town... and less than the next place I'm listing WITH tables and chairs included.
http://www.simihistory.com/closedbarn.htm

But if that one is toooooo rustic, I like this one
http://camarilloranch.org/home/?page_id=21

ORIGINALLY I wanted to get married at the Santa Barbara Zoo - and I would still love to... it's soooo us. But it'd be a 2+ hour drive for everyone and I don't wanna be a pain in the butt :)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
heyme said:
ORIGINALLY I wanted to get married at the Santa Barbara Zoo - and I would still love to... it's soooo us. But it'd be a 2+ hour drive for everyone and I don't wanna be a pain in the butt :)

I love the zoo and think that would be soooo cute. BUT I think a barn wedding can be beautiful and elegant. The Aquarium is sooooo us too : ) If there were more money available for marine research I would absolutely go into orca or shark research. I just don't want to stress myself out for like 40 years trying to find money that just isn't there. Instead I'll donate to marine research as a doctor : )

Oh and for my guest everything will be a two hour drive, unless we go married on the beach where I'm from. Then all of SO's family and all of our friends would have the two hour drive. I'm sort of in a catch-22 there.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
SO and i would both like (thankfully!) a destination wedding. Italy is top choice, Thailand second (and, alas, more realistic)...that said, im not fussed on rushing down the aisle so if we wait a few more years to have it in Italy i wont mind =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results