shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay Everyone, just how much faith do you have in your partner to do a small task?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehe.... This is kinda funny, got me thinking and wondering what everyone here has to say. Last week, I turned my wedding band in to my jewelers to have some of the scratches buffed out of the band part and to have it re-polished. Unfortunately, my jeweler is about 2 and a half hours drive from where I currently live. They called me this morning to say it was ready to be picked up. Well, my DH is actually in that area right now, as he stayed at his friend''s house last night to fix the guy''s car. So I called him and asked if he would mind picking up my ring on his way down to our home tonight. He seemed kind of *nervous*, like " I don''t trust myself with a tiny, expensive object in my car". Now I''m afraid he might lose it!! My husband tends to be kind of scatter-brained and clumsy!
20.gif

So.... this got me thinking: Do any of you have the same issues? Do you secretly not trust/have confidence in your man/woman to do a simple little (but very important!) task??? Or am I being crazy?!
9.gif

All I know is, I can''t wait to see my ring ( oh, alright... and my hubby), back home safely and shining on my finger again tonight!!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
None. Cflutist has a whole checklist for me! It''s probably 3 pages long now. I ignore it.
9.gif

Afterall, I am a hubbie/male....

LOL!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I do, but I''m working on it. I see many women with the tendency to infantilize our men. I think it has to do with the nurturing part of us that loves the little boy in them running amuck. My mother does it with my dad, and after all these years she''s basically convinced herself that he''s incompetent about everything. I really don''t want to look back 20 years from now and find myself acting and feeling the same way when it''s not true. So, I''ve learned to step back and not agonize over essentially unimportant matters, knowing that in real life he''s a strong, capable adult who would get along just fine if I didn''t exist.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2005 12:27:59 PM
Author: Feydakin
An emergency on your part is not neccessarily an emergency on my part..

Add to that, we are men, we are capable of only absorbing one piece of information at a time, unless it involves sports, dirts, motors, or horsepower.. You must make absolutely sure you have our complete and undivided attention beofer telling us anything.. Don''t tell us anything when we are eating, watching tv, walking, chewing gum, driving, breathing, etc..

Also, be sure to keep the message short.. If we are forced to stare at you for more than 30 seconds to absorb the message, we will see this as a sign of foreplay and promptly forget everything you are telling us as we begin to think of a way to turn the current situation into something more amorous..
LOLOL...This is great Steve!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Feydakin: LOL! Very accurate. I like the part where you say not to make men look at us for more than 30 seconds or it will turn into foreplay or whatever! I have learned that I need to be careful *when* I am asking him things
20.gif

Hest: I like you theory about the nurturing and then feeling they are incompetent. I think that is very accurate as well!

I know that men and women simply "hear" and "speak" from different parts of their brains. In a woman''s brain, hearing and speaking are "wired" into the same area ( I believe it''s the Wernicke area, but I may be wrong), in men hearing and speaking are in different areas ( hearing in the Wernicke area, speaking from the Broca''s areas?). So this explains why many times, us women are talking to our men, and they are moving around and doing things, which prompts us to get irritated and ask, " are you even listening to me?!". In reality, they are listening, it''s just not in the way that we listen ( sitting in front of a person, making eye-contact, listening intently with non-verbal cues such as head-nodding and "uh-huhs"). Learning that has helped me IMMENSELY in understand the male species
9.gif

I''m just being a dork! I''m worried about my little ring, and I do trust him with it, but I''m a paranoid person to begin with!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
HAHA, this thread is cracking me up. My DH is the more responsible one and I''d trust him with it more than I would trust myself :)

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
It''s like that Geico commercial where the woman walks in while her husband is reading the paper and asks " Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" To which he replies (without even looking up at her) " absolutely". She sulks off looking really pissed!!!
16.gif

Perfect example of the differences between us women and men!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends. I am a really heavy duty nagger so he either deliberately won''t do what I ask him to do or he will do it and say "there, you can stop nagging now"

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2005 1:44:54 PM
Author: Feydakin
I am absolutely fabulous at saying ''uh huh''.. But I plead the 5th on what that really means..

The ''uh-huh'' works just as well for me:

Hubby: What are we doing today?
Me: Shopping!
Hubby: When did I agree to that?
Me: Last night - you were watching footy and I asked you what you wanna do and you said you don''t mind, so I suggested shopping! You said ''uh-huh''!

Back to the original question - I figured if you tell him once and it doesn''t get done, he''ll just have to learn that it works both ways
2.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
With big important things, I have total and absolute trust in my hubby. He is wonderful with financial matters, medical issues, the kids, you name it. But with small tasks...NO WAY! With things that he considers to be trivial or unimportant, he usually screws up. Like if I as him to run to the store for chocolate chips when I run out in the middle of baking...he''s just as likely to return home with a bag of those little red hot candies. Or when he makes a run for take-out...he always screws up my order and I get mayo on my sandwich (I don''t eat mayo), or the wrong toppings on my half of the pizza...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results