shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay all you Canadians, it time for the Boxing Day sales!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
YUP..I can imagine how long the lineups will be at various stores around Toronto today. I live just North of Toronto, and the city bylaw states NO retail stores can open today..since it''s considered a holiday. I can drive to a small town about 70 minutes away to shop if I REALLY feel the urge! lol.
So..are there any of you who have a particular store in mind for great deals today? Will you be one of those people lined up at 5am outside Future Shop or Wal-Mart, wiating to get those door crasher specials ?Will you brave the malls, searching for those 70% off signs?? I am going to try a few online places (Future Shop) for a few little gadgets for my camera and my son''s X-box, maybe some movies too! If you find some fabulous bargains out there today..come back and share with us!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hey beau! I just wanted to pop in and say that I''m from Oakville and I''m actually heading out right now to go to Stylesense and the Bay to pick up shoes for myself and some things for by BF''s birthday dinner. I NEVER EVER line up at 5 am and I''ve actually avoided boxing day shopping for the last 5+ years but I thought I''d venture out today and be there when the doors are open. Thank goodness our mall is small (and kind of crappy)...I wouldn''t even think of heading to Yorkdale or Sherway! Uggh!!! Have fun scoring your boxing day deals!!
35.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Have fun!! Hope you come back and tell us what you bought!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m heading out right now! I don''t do the line up thing - now that Boxing Day has turned into Boxing Week it is rarely worth it.

Some stores have door crashers, but even they start their door crasher sales online on Christmas Eve (Future Shop and Best Buy).

If you are looking for where the good sales are, I always look at the forums on www.redflagdeals.com

Good luck you shoppers!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
OMG..Thank you Octoberbride! That link is fabulous! (love you!)
While hubby is watchng the World Juniors...I will be spending more money I think.
I will let you know what I find!
Again..thanks..that is a fabulous forum!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..it''s 10pm..getting tired of looking at online stores..shopping for bargains. I guess I will brave the mall tomorrow..and see what I find there. Old Navy has some great deals (looking at the flyer). I did just buy a new Gucci watch and diamond/sapphire eternity band, that I''m anxiously awaiting!! Can''t stop shopping!! lol

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 1:53:13 PM
Author: beau13
OMG..Thank you Octoberbride! That link is fabulous! (love you!)
While hubby is watchng the World Juniors...I will be spending more money I think.
I will let you know what I find!
Again..thanks..that is a fabulous forum!!
NP...I love it! I found my tv on there. The posters are pretty saavy. They catch all the great deals, misprints in flyers, etc. haha

Anytime you are looking to shop - just check there first. People will post coupons etc too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Things I wanted were for sale, but not "on sale". Bought it anyway. DH got a few bucks off a shearling, but not BIG deal.....

cheers--Sharon

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Awesome Canuk!!
I hit Old Navy yesterday morning, got a few sweaters for me, and for my honey!
Today I was looking for a hardrive for my son''s X-box, along with a charger for the DS, and they were sold out everywhere! Seems pretty busy out there, people around here are still shopping..HARD!! Cops out directing traffic again. I think the days following Christmas are worse (busier) than before Christmas. Today I decided to do a little more shopping, but online!!
28.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 1:25:15 PM
Author: october2008bride
I''m heading out right now! I don''t do the line up thing - now that Boxing Day has turned into Boxing Week it is rarely worth it.

Some stores have door crashers, but even they start their door crasher sales online on Christmas Eve (Future Shop and Best Buy).

If you are looking for where the good sales are, I always look at the forums on www.redflagdeals.com

Good luck you shoppers!
It''s funny that you mentioned redflagdeals.com...I was reading an article in the G&M about boxing day shopping and they said that the savviest shoppers would scope out the website before lining up early in the morning at the stores.

One of my friends saw people lining up at 9:30pm Christmas night at a BestBuy in Burlington! Her husband went there at 5am and said that the line-up was around the corner.
23.gif

I went out for a couple of hours on boxing day and the day after...not to shop for myself but to run errands. I ended up buying two pairs of shoes for really great prices for a wedding reception we''re going to on Jan. 3rd. I''d only like to keep one pair because I don''t know how often I''d wear them... Any thoughts?? (at the same time, I could easily keep both!
3.gif
)

samsbooties.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 9:46:39 AM
Author: sammyj

Date: 12/26/2008 1:25:15 PM
Author: october2008bride

Good luck you shoppers!
It''s funny that you mentioned redflagdeals.com...I was reading an article in the G&M about boxing day shopping and they said that the savviest shoppers would scope out the website before lining up early in the morning at the stores.

One of my friends saw people lining up at 9:30pm Christmas night at a BestBuy in Burlington! Her husband went there at 5am and said that the line-up was around the corner.
23.gif

I went out for a couple of hours on boxing day and the day after...not to shop for myself but to run errands. I ended up buying two pairs of shoes for really great prices for a wedding reception we''re going to on Jan. 3rd. I''d only like to keep one pair because I don''t know how often I''d wear them... Any thoughts?? (at the same time, I could easily keep both!
3.gif
)
I prefer the all black pair, but it really depends on what you plan to wear with the shoes. Is it a pantsuit? I can see both pairs being worn with pants. The lace up pair are quite different..you might get alot of compliments on those shoes..rather than plain black! All I know is that those heels are HIGH!! At 5''8"..I''d tower over all my friends if I wore heels that high! lol

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have to ask...what is boxing day? I''ve never heard of it.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Boxing Day is the day after Christmas - it is a statutory holiday so all non-retail workers typically get the day off. It is like Black Friday where most stores have super great sales with door crashers etc.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh, fun! Hope you all got some great deals!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 5:29:52 PM

Date: 12/29/2008 9:46:39 AM
Author: sammyj

23.gif

3.gif
)
I prefer the all black pair, but it really depends on what you plan to wear with the shoes. Is it a pantsuit? I can see both pairs being worn with pants. The lace up pair are quite different..you might get alot of compliments on those shoes..rather than plain black! All I know is that those heels are HIGH!! At 5''8''..I''d tower over all my friends if I wore heels that high! lol
Thanks for your response beau! For the most part I''d wear them with pants, but I''m actually planning on wearing them with a cotton metallic dress and nylons to the wedding (it''s a more casual reception). Your comment about the heels made me laugh...I think they''re only about 3", which is the highest I can go before toppling over. But with being 5''2" I''ll take all the height I can get!

We should also mention that boxing day has now turned into a week long affair...so it''s often called boxing week now! This year, most of the stores had similar (or better) sales BEFORE Christmas than after!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oooh i''m in calgary and i got some great deals.....work clothes mostly but very cute stuff at 50% off at my newly discovered favorite store (place called F Carriere, never heard of it before i moved to calgary....)

it was my first boxing day officially living in canada and i was not disappointed!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..I am officially all shopped out. Today was my last purchase. I found some fabulous bedding (duvet cover, bedskirt, sheets, and cushions) made of cotton and bamboo (who would have thought??). They were 40% off (still cost about $500), but they are 500 thread count, and SUPER soft. I think I''m on a shopping restriction now for about a month! lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got some Paige jeans 100 bucks off at Holts--but my DH always gets the best stuff...Loro Piana slacks for much for than 100 bucks off...I didn''t even make it to the shoe dept! Got some XMas wrap and cards, etc, 75% off elsewhere...sweet.....

cheers--Sharon

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Canuk gal...great finds! Sammy..did you decide on a pair of shoes, or did you decide to keep both??
I had the best sleep in my new sheets/duvet last night. I love this bamboo bedding. I am going back today to buy two pillow shams at 40% off, before the sale ends tomorrow.

n587530051_5366346_5402.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 9:06:17 AM
Canuk gal...great finds! Sammy..did you decide on a pair of shoes, or did you decide to keep both??

I had the best sleep in my new sheets/duvet last night. I love this bamboo bedding. I am going back today to buy two pillow shams at 40% off, before the sale ends tomorrow.
oooh, very pretty!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Pretty and comfy!
Thanks
I went back and got the shams today...I hope this set will last a few years (it''s reversible too..plain color on other side)
my husband thinks "you get what you pay for" and wants to get another set of sheets in a different color (they''ll be on sale for $199, until tomorrow)..I''m thinking about it..lol (King size bedding costs a small fortune!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results