shape
carat
color
clarity

OK to update guests by email?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
I started an email to inform our confirmed guests about some updates regarding our wedding, but then wondered if that would be considered proper?

We only have about 48 people coming now, so it''s not like this is a huge formal affair, however I feel like a few people might still be put off? or maybe I''m just overthinking things.

Basically I wanted to let people know that...

1) We''ve invited a wine "expert" to attend our wine/cheese welcome the night before to give a tasting tutorial. So I wanted to inform guests what time he will be there in case they''re interested in participating.

2) We decided to forgo valet parking since we have a lot fewer guests coming and the venue only required it if there was going to be more than 60 people. Our invitation directions mention valet parking, which is the only reason why I feel like we should say something.

3) Ask them to try to arrive at the ceremony site about 30 mins before the start time as we will have welcome refreshments waiting and also b/c our ceremony is only going to be about 20 mins long, so if anyone''s late, they''ll likely miss the whole thing. (Normally this wouldn''t be necessary, but a lot of our guests operate on "Asian" time and are used to going to Indian weddings, which are always late...and I had a particular friend who made us about 30 mins late to the last friend''s wedding, so I don''t want to take chances.)

Is it OK to relay all or any of this to our guests via email? I feel like it''s the quickest and most effective way to let them know. Anyone think we''d be better off taking another route?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 6:38:06 PM
Author:newbie124
(Normally this wouldn''t be necessary, but a lot of our guests operate on ''Asian'' time and are used to going to Indian weddings, which are always late...and I had a particular friend who made us about 30 mins late to the last friend''s wedding, so I don''t want to take chances.)
LOL, we refer to it as IST (Indian Standard Time). We were an hour late to OUR OWN wedding ceremony, but surprisingly, we were still the first people to get there.

As for the e-mail, I think it would be okay...given it''s a smaller size. You can also try calling if you know everyone well. I dont really see how else you can convey the message around. Also, I wouldn''t mention the deal with the valet parking. They''ll figure it out on their own...it''s not something they need to be prepared for in advance.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
i just updated people with an email about our hotel status, so it must be ok ;-)

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
I think for a small and informal wedding electronic updates are fine. You might want to opt for a wedding website so your guests can bookmark the url. I found that when we sent loaded emails, there were some things that our guests just forgot, or skimmed over so quickly the didn''t even see....

Try a wedding website and send them a quick email with a title like, " UPDATED WEDDING INFO, PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS URL"

Just an idea. We had 60 guest attend our wedding and this worked like a charm for us.

HTH.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its not okay...I''m a very naughty bride! I requested tux measurements, gave notice of hotel blocks, etc. But these were all because of others emails to me first! So I just responded to their questions and forwarded the info on!

I hope I didnt break a rul
23.gif
20.gif

I''m sure its fine. Give it another 15 years and the only invatations will be electronic anyways!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I hope it''s okay! The hotel where we''ve reserved rooms reduced its rates by almost $100/night (uh oh, economy!) and my fiance (god bless him) wanted to slip a little note into the envelopes with our invitations, but I convinced him to start an email list.
9.gif

Also, I was told by every vendor to make the "start time" on my invitations about 30 min earlier than we actually intended to start, so this is what we did. I guess it''s common for people to underestimate travel time and show up late for the ceremony.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the invitations have already gone out then I think it''s totally proper.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 7:51:10 AM
Author: TheBigT
Also, I was told by every vendor to make the ''start time'' on my invitations about 30 min earlier than we actually intended to start, so this is what we did. I guess it''s common for people to underestimate travel time and show up late for the ceremony.

You know, I really wish I''d thought to do that before our invites went out! It only recently dawned on me the percentage of our guests that have a history of being well...not very on time
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results