shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok. someone take a look at this...

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/11232122_10207014816352703_8002996025846788814_n.jpg[/img

So... I may not know a lot, but I can smell BS when I see/hear it. Someone tell me if I am crazy.. but I think I am smelling the rear end of a bull.

This is what someone posted about her ring

Well, forever in a day I have always wanted a yellow princess diamond. I went to the jeweler to have my ring check and I had to diamonds chipped. So either pay 12k for a 2k whole diamond or pay not even close to that for what I really want. Kept my little diamonds so one day will transfer the ones not chipped into something very special. So he took out the 12 small diamonds and replaced it with this 2 karat yellow diamond. I could not be happier and blessed! It is so much more beautiful in person! I won't ask for anything until I am fifty!!!!! This is worth a lifetime of birthdays and Christmas'.

Honey, that ain't a yellow diamond...

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
11232122_10207014816352703_8002996025846788814_n.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, BS!. First of all that is not a diamond. second, if it is a diamond that stone looks more like a 3.5ct... :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a citrine if it's real at all...

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
:wall: not a diamond

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
LOL, not even close to a diamond. Funny stuff first thing in the morning!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure why you posted this unless you are the diamond police.

24caratsequin

Rough_Rock
I don't begrudge the OP posting it at all. It's frustrating when you know a great deal about diamonds- more than the average consumer, at least- to see someone either being misled or attempting to mislead others, and this seems as good a place as any to share that frustration.

If there is a position of diamond police, it seems only fitting that we get a suitably blingy badge.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not that the OP is trying to be a diamond police; reading the post makes me sad that the lady was taken to the cleaners by her jeweller. :knockout:

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
Yeh, Not the diamond police. And thank you everyone. She was definitely taken to the cleaners. From her responses, the person who gave it to her is continuing the ruse or was screwed by a jeweler. I am sure she is trying to pass it off as real, as I know the person.. but then again, it is quite possible, she may have had someone convince her that it is reall... smh :wall:

Of course, I would never say anything to her, it would either hurt or feelings or she would be embarrassed cause she was caught or hurt since she was bamboozled.

I knew it was not a diamond as soon as she posted, and thought that others who knew gemstones and diamonds would have a take on it as well. Sorry you didn't appreciate my post Jimmianne.

I was thinking Citrine as well. but that is a DEAD Citrine if it is .. smh

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seemed unkind - "honey this ain't a diamond". It sounded as though you were dissing her for claiming it was a diamond, when in fact you are telling everyone that she got taken?
I think it would be better to talk with her than to post her personal stuff on a forum. I apologize, but it at first looked as though you were gossiping about her claim that it was a diamond, not helping her.

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
Sorry you read it that way.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MINE2015|1431965187|3878066 said:
Sorry you read it that way.
Tell her it is a fake diamond!... :naughty: I know I would... :devil:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel badly for your friend. If it were me, I would want to know! Also, it would be so easy to prove it's not a yellow diamond and she could definitely get her money back from the jerk (sorry if that's uncalled for) who sold it to her.

If she wanted to keep it, then she should at least pay for a citrine or whatever it is, instead of some inflated price for a fake. The jeweler should also be reported for fraud at the very least to the BBB or do a scathing review on yelp or something. That's just me….

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were that friend, I would want to know that I was scammed, even if it hurts to find that out initially. I agree with JDDN that the jeweller should be reported and your friend is very likely to be able to get her money back.

sani987cece

Rough_Rock
Update: I gently spoke with her last night about getting her ring tested ... and I was VERY diplomatic about it. I encouraged her to get someone to look at it, just for insurance purposes and to make sure it was exactly what was sold to her.

I was told (by her) that she bought it from a reputable jeweler and that I was just jealous that my ring was not a "Real Diamond" and instead just some cheap colored rock like my ering is..

Smh... I wash my hands of this...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results