carat
color
clarity

Ok so what is it with Cats and Jewelry?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1311935136|2979642 said:
Here's a question. One cat better? Or Two?

Three!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1311867582|2978944 said:
I don't understand.
You mean everyone isn't owned by at least one cat?
:bigsmile:

We have three. The Boys. Vince, Geddy, and Manny.
TyTy--Vince looks a lot like a slim, short-haired version of your Taz. Here's an old picture, but it's the best I can find where he's making a similar face:
HowieandVinceatPetsmart.JPG.jpg
And here are Geddy and Manny:
n1064133266_2057689_3444.jpg

Cute little guys you have there...Taz needs to go on a diet. I leave dry food out for them and they eat like there is no
tomorrow :oops: .

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine caught in the act.....

P4160004.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and another one... he's so bad!!! I had to ditch the parts cabinet...

P4160003.JPG

P4150001.JPG

PA070009.JPG

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He's so cute I can't stand it, Mayk! But what a baaaaaad boy with the jewelry, wouldn't believe it if you hadn't snapped him. :devil:

Everybody else's kits are adorable too. Love the fluffy white tummy -- Meat Loaf's is the same & it's so hard to resist burying my face in all that soft fur, except it would mean being skinned alive.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... have you actually Tried it? My cat lies on his back with all his legs up in the air to julienne anyone fool enough to continue aggravating him... but I've tried just going for it and calling his bluff before.

I just leap on him and bury my face in his tummy whilst rubbing his cheeks and stroking his head. He actually winds up purring a lot and sometimes runs away in a ball of of frazzled fur.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1311953852|2979771 said:
Hmm... have you actually Tried it? My cat lies on his back with all his legs up in the air to julienne anyone fool enough to continue aggravating him... but I've tried just going for it and calling his bluff before.

I just leap on him and bury my face in his tummy whilst rubbing his cheeks and stroking his head. He actually winds up purring a lot and sometimes runs away in a ball of of frazzled fur.

I am a class A idiot.

I tried just that. I now have a half inch gash on my cheek and my cat has buried herself in the larder and is probably not going to come out for hours. And I have a conference Sunday.

Lesson learnt.

:errrr: :-o :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1311935136|2979642 said:
Here's a question. One cat better? Or Two?

Two, definitely! They keep each other company (or at least that's how we justified getting another one a couple months after getting our male).

We wanted a dog (still do!) but we want to wait til we move to a bigger house with our own fenced in yard. I'm also not sure how the cats would get along with a dog because they've never seen one. I have a feeling it wouldn't go over well.

One of my cats insisted on playing fetch today. Twice. He is so stinkin cute when he does that. He gets very proud and carries his baby (little toy mouse) back while trotting. Right now I have 1,523 pictures on my iphone. Those were ALL taken on my phone. I'd say 30% are pics of jewelry, and at least 40-50% are cat pics.

<-- crazy cat lady

I have 4 (2 were mine, 2 were his) and it's a mad house.

r1.JPG

r2.JPG

r3.JPG

I mean, really! How can you not love cats? They have huge personalities.

really.PNG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
bean|1311977344|2980119 said:

Oh .... Oh... Oh. What a love. Merlin lies like this all rumpled and smooshed. Bean what a doll.

All my cats, except Lucy, will allow you to pet or fondle thier bellies without bloodshed. Duncan and Frodo even ask for it. Yssie, hope you and the cat recover soon!

Gypsy|1311980212|2980147 said:
bean|1311977344|2980119 said:

Oh .... Oh... Oh. What a love. Merlin lies like this all rumpled and smooshed. Bean what a doll.

All my cats, except Lucy, will allow you to pet or fondle thier bellies without bloodshed. Duncan and Frodo even ask for it. Yssie, hope you and the cat recover soon!

My two boys are total babies and you can touch, poke or pull on them. I actually annoyed them as much as possible as kittens so that when they got bigger and were around kids, it wouldn't be an issue. I guess kind of like putting your hands near a puppy as he's eating or on his dish so that he doesn't get food aggression. My boys are just perfect around kids- extremely tolerant cats.

DH two cats are.. "OK" they won't harm you but they really don't prefer it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted to have a kitten but my mother was principally against animals in the house, so my biggest pet was a turtle. As soon as I got my first house, I got my first kitten.

I'd love to have a dog, but we all work very hard and come home late, and with a young child, there is not much time for a dog. It would be irresponsible for us to get a dog now. If I were to choose a dog, it would be a German Shepherd.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
I have 7, yep, I said it, 7 cats. I think I'm one cat away from "crazy cat lady." All of them either came from shelters or were found somewhere, usually sick unto death. I can't imagine my life without them, they make me laugh every day! Stuie, the white and black cat, passed away 2 years ago, and I still miss that boy. I work from home, so every morning he would race me to my office so he could get in my chair before I did.

027.JPG

008.JPG

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
The link between cats and jewelry is that people who love the finest things in life adore both ;-)

We currently have two cats, a brother and a sister who cannot get along with each other.

IMG_0079_0.jpg Relaxed, much?

IMG_0337.jpg

Photos of cats make me smile. :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless you okie_girl for taking in all those kittys. Aint nothing wrong with being the crazy cat lady...actually I think its my cats
that keep me sane!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1311967656|2979994 said:
TristanC|1311953852|2979771 said:

I am a class A idiot.

I tried just that. I now have a half inch gash on my cheek and my cat has buried herself in the larder and is probably not going to come out for hours. And I have a conference Sunday.

Lesson learnt.

:errrr: :-o :nono:

I'm SOOOOOOOO SORRY!! I feel personally responsible for this. I actually test my cat's mood for a while before I go for it... like watching how he plays with us before he does his feet up thing.

I'm sorry Yssie - never meant for you to get hurt or to scare your precious cat.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
@Okie_Girl: Thank you for doing what so many of us wish we could, but have not the guts or the commitment to. Those cats are lucky to have you, and I hope you have a blessed life for the joy you bring to the lives of these unasking little gems.

Well, initially unasking anyway. TIll they realised that they adopted a pet human.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
tyty333- I think my kitties have kept me sane, too! I don't know what I'd do without them and their unconditional love. Well, unconditional as long as the food bowl is full.

Tristan, what a sweet thing to say. I have already been blessed beyond measure by having these sweeties in my life, and it is they who bring me joy. And you're right, they knew a sucker when they saw one!

And not to leave out the dog lovers, I have 2 precious pups, too. Both (of course) rescued. Both incredibly spoiled. Both incredibly loved and loving.

I was going to bore you all with more pictures, but I seem to be having trouble uploading, so you are all spared!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Tristan & Gypsy - we're both just fine ;)) she's asleep on my lap as I type. We picked her up off the street a couple of years ago, but she's a bit - wary, still. Our other two we can do pretty much anything to, much like yours it seems, and they won't complain - much!

IMG_0079_0.jpg

Ohhhh I just want to grab him and SQUISH him!!! Or is that the she?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie, that's a he, and he'd probably love being picked up and squished! Our son-in-law zips him up inside his jacket and carries him around all the time.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1312171039|2981414 said:
Yssie, that's a he, and he'd probably love being picked up and squished! Our son-in-law zips him up inside his jacket and carries him around all the time.

Too cute!

I actually want 2 cats in the future... (3-4 years time maybe, when the bunnies are in bunny heaven) which kind are the most laid back based on experiences here? I love cats. But I want a non jumpy laid back pair next.

Just a question too. Did you all get them spayed/neutered? Or are they intact?

I love this thread by the way. The fuzziness makes me smile no matter how many times I look at them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most DEFINITELY fixed. I can't think of a single responsible reason not to, unless you're a breeder (and not a backyard breeder). People who are "worried they'll antagonise their animals by hurting them w/ the procedure", "worried he'll be less *male*" or have some other ludicrous identity crises, who say their animals "don't need it because after all they're indoor-only" infuriate me. If they spent even a week volunteering at an animal shelter I imagine they'd change their minds right quick.

Aoife - I'm just picturing that :bigsmile:

Edit - Sorry, don't mean to rant. Kitten season is always such a painful time :(sad

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Tristan, I'm planning on getting two Ragdolls when I get settled in a place for grad school. They are totally laid back, but silly as can be like any cat. A few people on PS have them and just adore them, as is evident by this humongous thread about them, lol. I'll admit I haven't gone through all of it though
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-parents-this-threads-for-you-brag-and-post-photos-here.64808/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-parents-this-threads-for-you-brag-and-post-photos-here.64808/[/URL]

If you buy from a breeder, do your hw and make sure they are legit; if you rescue, fantastic! good luck on your kitty search! no matter what you end up getting I'm sure they'll be lucky kitties.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Tristan,our cats are Scottish folds, which share a lot of breed characteristics with British Shorthairs: they are mellow, strongly attached to their family, generally healthy, with cobby, cuddly bodies. The shorthairs (like the little dilute calico female) have distinctive rich, plushy fur, and the longhairs (like the very relaxed little guy) tend to have flossy, soft fur covering substantial, muscular bodies. We love our Foldies, and chose to acquire this pair when our previous Fold died of chronic renal failure. All that said, if we had it to do over again, we probably would choose to adopt rescue animals, which is what both our daughters did. If you choose to go the purebred route, make sure you know what you are getting into in terms of breed characteristics. Don't for example, take an Abyssinian or Devon Rex into your home, unless you spend a lot of time at home, and want to have constant interaction with them: those are breeds that really pine if they are left alone for long periods of time.

And definitely have the cat neutered. Males are less likely to spray if neutered, and you really do not want that behavior in your home. Females that have not been spayed come into season way too often, and are completely focussed on getting out to, umm, get their needs attended to. And millions of unwanted cats are put down every year because of irresponsible pet owners who couldn't be bothered to get their cats neutered. Like Yssie, this is something I feel very, very strongly about, as I think most animal lovers do.

A house isn't really a home without at least one kitty in residence. ;))

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
My kitty isn't with me, its at my folks now. So I'm missing a cat. I've got two adorable bunnies, but I'm missing the craziness that is catdom. Sigh.

I know fixing is the right thing to do. Hell, more humans should be fixed - imagine what men could accomplish if we weren't thinking about sex every 18 seconds. Frankly I would have no idea what to do with most of my days. :confused:

But it just seems... wrong to fix your pets. Like a choice that was made for them.

I did fix my rabbits too, and there will be no baby bunnies... and the pair have bonded and are so close it is adorable. And there isn't aggression, and there isn't crazy sex fights etc... but they also aren't complete. I don't know. I much prefer them this way - but I wonder if that is just selfishness as an owner.

My male cat is fixed too. But sometimes i wonder if I did right by him 8)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
TristanC|1312208515|2981586 said:
My kitty isn't with me, its at my folks now. So I'm missing a cat. I've got two adorable bunnies, but I'm missing the craziness that is catdom. Sigh.

I know fixing is the right thing to do. Hell, more humans should be fixed - imagine what men could accomplish if we weren't thinking about sex every 18 seconds. Frankly I would have no idea what to do with most of my days. :confused:

But it just seems... wrong to fix your pets. Like a choice that was made for them.

I did fix my rabbits too, and there will be no baby bunnies... and the pair have bonded and are so close it is adorable. And there isn't aggression, and there isn't crazy sex fights etc... but they also aren't complete. I don't know. I much prefer them this way - but I wonder if that is just selfishness as an owner.

My male cat is fixed too. But sometimes i wonder if I did right by him 8)

We make choices for our companion animals all the time. We don't, if we are responsible pet owners, allow our cats to choose where they defecate-- we provide litter boxes. We don't allow the resident rodent population to multiply so that our cats can hunt freely for their own prey in our living rooms--we provide the food of our choice. Let's not anthropomorphize here.

There is a plethora of information available on the web as to why companion animals should be spayed or neutered. It's one of the kindest and most loving things you can do when you take an animal into your home, because it drastically reduces the chance that you will end up abandoning or euthanizing that animal because of the behavioral issues that go along with an intact male or female. I like Yssie's suggestion: volunteer at a kill-shelter for a few weeks, and see the number of animals that are killed every week, and then come talk to me about "wrong to fix your pets."

Stepping off the soapbox now.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I love cats! I have three at my house including a new kitten (well I adopted her 7 months ago) She is a terrible handfull.

I grew up with 3 cats at my parents house. Recently the oldest one, Zebra, was very, very ill and I thought we would lose him. The vet did a wonderful job. He is diabetic but doing well.

I actually love all animals. I would adore having a dog, but my lifestyle is too hectic. Maybe one day!

Simba, my new kitten. I don't know why I decided to name her after a lion. Self-fulfilling prophecy....

223517_524451948144_121300260_30810391_3392863_n (1).jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Well, you all are in trouble now, I think I figured out my picture posting issue. So here I go, bragging on my babies.

First is De'Baby, a little old lady at 18. She was a gift from a dear friend on Valentine's Day 1994. She helped me get over a broken heart.

Mister was abandoned by his mother when he was about 2 weeks old. He can be crazy (and I'm talking about "hurt you" crazy), but he can also be extremely sweet.

Sister is, of course, Mister's sister. She was abandoned a couple of days after her brother was. She was the runt, but has since filled out nicely. Perhaps too nicely.

Next up: Rocky Sweeney. He and his brother were rescued by a friend...a chicken farmer had gotten these two babies to be mousers. They were both deathly ill, but are fat and sassy now. I think they have some ragdoll in them, I can hold both of them on their backs like babies and they never move.

More to come....

De'Baby.2.jpg

Mister.jpg

Sister.jpg

Rocky.jpg

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1312213743|2981616 said:
We make choices for our companion animals all the time. We don't, if we are responsible pet owners, allow our cats to choose where they defecate-- we provide litter boxes. We don't allow the resident rodent population to multiply so that our cats can hunt freely for their own prey in our living rooms--we provide the food of our choice. Let's not anthropomorphize here.

There is a plethora of information available on the web as to why companion animals should be spayed or neutered. It's one of the kindest and most loving things you can do when you take an animal into your home, because it drastically reduces the chance that you will end up abandoning or euthanizing that animal because of the behavioral issues that go along with an intact male or female. I like Yssie's suggestion: volunteer at a kill-shelter for a few weeks, and see the number of animals that are killed every week, and then come talk to me about "wrong to fix your pets."

Stepping off the soapbox now.

Hi Aoife, I know you are speaking from a position of great love and affection for the little fuzzies, so the 'lecture' is just fine.

I've neutered ALL my pets. For the record, the rabbits either needed to be neutered, or separated permenantly. I decided they need each other. For my cat... well, it was the 'right' thing to do. I wasn't speaking generally, or addressing the world with my question.

I was speaking of my own condition. I would never abandon an animal regardless of behavior (unless it is crazy violent and needs to be destroyed), and my cat is a rescue anyway. However, my self questioning continues. It should be done to strays (better than an uncertain life on the streets and the cruelty or deprivation they suffer), it should be done to irresponsible owners animals, less than passionate owners animals etc. In fact the animals most in need of neutering are the ones on cruel pet mills. But that is a different story altogether.

But for people who will love them and never allow them to be abandoned - how do we know for sure our decision is the best for our animals? Not for us. Mine is a housecat in an apartment, he never roams. It is an academic question too, as he has already been fixed. Sometimes I just look at him and wonder if I made the right choice.

Oh, and I never meant to say that it was wrong to fix your pets - heck that's what i keep doing. It just Seems that way. Especially when i look at them after the op.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results