shape
carat
color
clarity

OK long shot... proposal in Mazatlan, MX?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Now I''m not the kind of guy who looks for proposal ideas. I don''t like copying people''s ideas and what not, and I''ve never been the type of person who hatches some elaborate plan (my gf has a coworker who was proposed to by her now-husband, who pulled the car off to the side of the road and pretended to be violently sick until she came out of the car and he was on one-knee.)

My plan was to do it the simple way, take her to a pretty place, and without any small talk, just get down on the knee and pop the question straight forward. I''m going for the element of surprise, I don''t want her to guess for a moment what I''m doing until it''s done. We''re traveling to Mazatlan, MX next month and my idea was to suggest we take a walk up to the lighthouse that is at the shore, which is on top of a very tall hill (it''s one of the tallest operating lighthouses in the world.) to see the sights from up there. That was going to be my place.

Here''s my long-shot question: has anyone been to this particular town? If my plan backfires and we don''t go to the lighthouse, is there anyplace else in town that is significant?

nolimits

Rough_Rock
The friend idea was pretty cheesy. Don''t...repeat...DON''T ever pretend to be sick, etc. and *need* a reason to get down on 1 knee. Asking her is good enough reason IMO.

The light house idea is pretty good, but if something doesn''t work out you have the beach, beautiful views, etc. so I can''t see not having a good alternate idea. If your hotel is beach side, one alternate idea (rain or shine) would be to awake early and sneak out of the room. Go down to the beach and write out "Will you marry me?" in the sand. Take a knee, and wait for her to open the curtains to your room. Obviously some coordination is required so the hotel staff wakes her and tells her to look out the window.

Along that same lines, you may be able to pay the hotel staff to do the writing in the sand for you, and call her to the window and talk about how you''d love to spend every morning of the rest of your life with her.

Codependent Gal

Rough_Rock
It sounds like a good idea to me. I think that planning a proposal on a vacation is great because then you can always have fond memories of the place and you can go back to the place to celebrate for anniversaries!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results