shape
carat
color
clarity

OK ladies, tell me about Theory clothes/pants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was at Stanford Macy''s today and drifted by the Theory section. I tried on a jacket and FELL IN LOVE. I love the way the clothes are cut and the fabric - love it!! I looked at the pants and they were really nice also. I couldn''t try them on because DH was giving me the stink eye about spending more money on clothes
29.gif

Sigh...so I think I may have drifted to the dark side....my staples are pretty much BR petites and sometimes Ann Taylor and of course Gap kids.

For those who wear Theory clothes, please enlighten me. Mara and Roppongi, please feel free to chime in. I reeeeeaallllly don''t need to spend more money on clothes but I can''t help myself~~~
23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i love theory! their stuff really does fit fabulously and it lasts. my fave are their suits and dress pants kinda stuff, they fit like a second skin but not in a vulgar way, it's just a perfect fit and flattering. and they make me look tall and thin which is always a nice illusion.
9.gif

i get most of my theory stuff at loehmanns! there are a few around the bayarea and i have gotten stuff 50% or more off...and that is a BIG savings since their stuff is pricey. so instead of $250 for pants, it's $99. $49 for a sweater instead of $129.

anyway, they don't have the latest stuff you see in nordys right now, but i have gotten some deals. so i'd check them out if you want to try some theory stuff but not at retail. you can work them into your basic wardrobe as well with a few staples. and then sneak in some regular retail ones if you find something that you just HAVE to have. hahaa.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Mmm, I love Theory!

Great for a petite girl like myself, with the waist in the right place for the jackets and very slimming pants. As for my friends who are taller who wear it, well, they look even more elongated.
Their pants, actually, are known for their great fit.

Theory''s been a work staple for me for a long time. Sexy, but well-cut and looks super professional. Definitely try on the Max C. pants. They tend to use the same fabrics from season to season, and I''ve been able to get a suit separately, on sale as well. Anyway, can you tell I''m enthused?

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mara, I hope you saw that Theory had some nice stuff on sale at the Anniversary Sale though!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just finished persuing the Nordie''s sale!
21.gif

I need to get over to Nordstrom and see if I can find some stuff that''s left. What department would Theory be in? Savvy? TBD?

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Generally Savvy, I think. Mara is right about there being a lot of Theory at Loehmann''s. Oh, and also check out Ebay - lots there.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It''s in Savvy alright. However the Sale ended today. You might have luck online still though.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that's right...it ended today! Sigh....that's what I get for being in the dark about this brand!
7.gif

I will check out Nordie's and Loehmann's this week.

Mara, I am afraid that Loehmann's might not have my size! I have a feeling I might be a 00. Do you go to the one in Sunnyvale? I heard there's one in Milpitas as well?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee i was just at nordies today, i had a mission, SHOES. i didn''t even make it up to savvy or tbd! i got some new workout shoes, nike free in pink and brown and then two cute pairs of black sandals.

lucky...i go to the one in milpitas because i meet a girlfriend up there for lunch about 2ce a month...so i try to go by and see what they have there. i have heard there''s one in sunnyvale or cupertino or something...but i have not been to that one. the milpitas one is pretty good and has lots of designers as well as theory! i get some great juicy deals there.

in terms of the sizes i''ve seen, sometimes it''s hit or miss, but i think they do have XS''s...it seems like typically these discount places ALWAYS have XS or XL''s because those are the sizes that seem to not be sold as much in the mainstream stores, so when they send all the overstocks, it seems like its'' typically the super small or super large sizes left.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will definitely have to check out the small sizes at McCarthy Ranch and also have lunch there! I have a problem finding things that fit me at Loehmanns. I think I went to the one in Sunnyvale a long time ago, I didn''t find much but I was looking forward to going back.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky...we eat at this fab singaporean restaurant in mccarthy ranch...it''s called Banana Leaf. LOVE IT. you may have even been there already. we go there at least 2ce a month if not more. if you want to come along one time just let me know....hehee. we could go by loehmanns after!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, I love Banana Leaf! I haven''t been there in a long time, it would be great to meet up with you and your friend for lunch and Loehmann''s! Let me know in advance so I can take a day off.
31.gif
. Is Loehmann''s in the same strip mall as Banana Leaf?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol a day off, you go girl! yeah it''s in the same complex, even on the same side! it''s verra convenient. we typically go on wednesdays or thursdays for lunch, i will email you next time we plan.
5.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, I usually have meetings that run past 12pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I have to take off one of those days if I''m going to eat and shop at Loehmann''s! Heehee...

I had to take a vacation day today so I went down to the Sunnyvale Loehmann''s and had a great time finding some nice pieces. I actually found a pair of Theory charcoal gray pants in size 0!!! I was so excitied. However, I tried them on in the dressing room (why oh why do I have to get half naked in front of strangers?) and they were hanging off of me. So I couldn''t buy them - I''d have to alter them. I loved the cut though - they looked really nice. The pants were $119.99. If anyone wears Theory in size 0 and is near Sunnyvale, get them! They didn''t have that much selection. I ended up buying some stretchy v necks in long sleeve and short sleeve and a black crinkle skirt embellished with sequins at the bottom.

I do have a question though, I noticed the Theory pants were "scratchy" on my skin when I wore them, are they like that normally or did I try on something different? Wool makes me itch but I was hoping that the lycra would help with that.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
LH....ohhh, you are asking the wrong person if you want me to talk you out of anything by Theory. Seriously, I love that line, one of my favorites. Their fabrics are very much like Prada, a lot of micro fiber and 100% wool which drape really nicely. When I was in LV, I spent a good amount of time in their Store at Ceasars. I almost bought this terrific jacket/skirt suit in a micro fiber but it didn''t quite fit which surprised me. The pieces last forever and don''t seem to lose their shape when dry cleaned which is a plus. Given your size, I think you would fit a 00 with a couple of nips and tucks
2.gif

Roppongi

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Roponggi, I think you''re right...I think the size 00 will fit.
9.gif
Don''t know about the nip and tuck though! I wonder if they have 00 at Macys or Nordstroms right now at Stanford? Now I''m totally obssessed with looking for the perfect pants!
31.gif
I just loved the way the fabric feels with the microfiber and wool.

Where was the Theory store at Caesars Forum? I don''t remember seeing it but then again I wasn''t looking for it either. I remember they had the Marc Jacobs store and Scoop.

Bad, bad, bad for my wallet....
32.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally made it to NM in Palo Alto and found a 00! It fit a lot better than the 0, I even found a 00 pair on sale that they''re sending to my house but it''s cotton/lycra. The pair that was 00 (Max C style) wasn''t on sale, so I have to think about it. I also looooove their Audrey jacket, I wish that was on sale too! Sigh... I have to save more money!
23.gif
23.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just in case anyone wears a size 8, the Nordstroms Savvy at Hillsdale had a pair of Max C pants on sale for $139 and was in the Palisades material. It''s similar to the Tailor material (98% wool, 2% lycra) but the Palisades is 59% wool, 38% polyester, 3% elastane which is a bit thinner but not as itchy as the Tailor fabric IMO.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh don''t tell me that LH!!! hehee....it''s a good thing hillsdale is too far for me to go to shop this weekend as i spent way too much money at VF earlier this week...
41.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heehee....if you want Mara I can always pick it up for you and give it to you at our next GTG!!!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don''t tell me that!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MUAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!!
11.gif

Just let me know if you need anything, Mara!
27.gif

BTW how much damage did you do in VF?

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
oooh, I love Theory! I am in NYC and they hold Theory sample sales about twice a year - once in June and once in December. I am also a size 00 - this is really the only brand of clothes that fits on the first try. I agree, great fabrics too. I am addicted to their Preston C pants and their dress shirts. Did you know that they have outlet stores across the country too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lh i just saw the 'how much damage did you do in VF'...well i did more damage today. so the other day doesn't count anymore. hee.

anyway, i am so bummed! because i have lost some weight, my theory pants from last year don't fit me at all anymore. talk about baggy city. so i will have to get them taken in. and i have no idea where a good tailor is. UGH. and these pants are too sweet to not get them fixed up.

so i might be at loehmanns again soon trying to find new pants that DO fit me. hopefully they are getting some new theory stuff in! hehe.

oh and random side note for you size 00 gals. banana republic is now carrying 00 apparently. so i'd check them out as they do have some cute pants, i like the ryan fit ones.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, I don''t know any good tailors in San Jose but let me do some research, I''ll let you know what I find out.
1.gif
I know that Banana has 00 and tried them on but the pants are a bit big on me and I''d have to alter the waist. Apparently the Theory clothes fit smaller and I don''t need to take anything in except the hem.

taitai_s: I know about the Theory outlets! I''ve been buying up a storm
31.gif
I have a pair of Max C pants in the Palisades fabric (which I like better than the Tailor because it''s not as itchy and has more stretch), a pair of Max C pants in the stretch cotton, jackets in Hayward (Palisades) and Amanda (stretch cotton) and last but not least, a trumpet skirt and pencil skirt in Palisades. After all that, I''m done! I''ve completed my black suit/skirt quest. I want to get a couple of dress shirts, I think I should look into that next.

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,

I stopped shopping at Banana ages ago due to the fit but maybe I should check it out again.

Luckyhonu, Palisades is lovely! I love the Tailor too because its slightly thicker fabric keeps me warm in NYC winters. However, they are itchy, so I wear tights, hose, or lycra shorts underneath. Yes, do stock up on the dress shirts, they are heaven!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
taitai_s - I think the BR 00 is still too big, I think Theory is cut a little bit smaller. Their 00 pants fit like the Theory 0. I just got my Theory P shirt in eggplant today, it fits great and I hope to get a couple more in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results