shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, it's official!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Don't worry, I'll post some pictures when I can use my computer!

BF (now fiance) and i went to dinner tonight at our favorite restaurant. I had been doing my best to let him propose how he wanted and not take control (gosh, I'm such a control freak!) After we ordered our appetizers and drinks he said "ok, I'm going to give you your ring now because if I don't you'll just be thinking about it all night" I jokingly asked if he had prepared a speech and it turns out he did! He said lovely things about how we've been together a long time and we get along so well, etc. and he put the ring on my finger. The waiter was so cute and enthusiastic about our special occasion. He brought rose petals for our table and "happy engagement" was written in chocolate on our dessert plate. It was perfect and low key and very relaxed, just how BF and I wanted it to be. We had a wonderful dinner and experience.

The ring: Brian Gavin H&A ideal cut 1.261c J SI2 (eye clean) in a platinum halo legacy-style setting (I'm going to have the rubies set properly next week after I get back from my girls weekend with my best friend...because I have to be able to show her the ring!)

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
Yay, congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures, and I hope that your ring turns out exactly as you pictured :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your proposal sounded very nice . . . glad it suited you. Your guy sounds like a considerate sweetie. Can't wait to see your ring with rubies placed as you want them!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! So exciting!!!!!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! So exciting!!!!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Chloe!!! I'm so excited for you and I will be checking back in all weekend waiting for your pics! 1.26 is a lovely size especially with a halo!

Your proposal sounds just amazing! I love low key proposals!

CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Chloe!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet :love: Pictures please!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
cake456_0.jpg

hand123.jpg

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so the ring is gorgeous!! What's your ring size? Also, I don't want to threadjack, but is this a BGD signature H&A or a diamond from the virtual inventory? I know you had mentioned before that you were having a diamond called in for them to look over, and that Lesley didn't recommend that stone. But, I wasn't sure if you all called in a different one or ended up with a signature stone. I'm curious because since like last September there was a 1.26 J SI2 signature stone on their website that I had been stalking. It had been at the very limit of our budget, but I loved it so much and it was a bigger stone than I had ever dreamed of getting. Then diamond prices rose and the price for that diamond shot up $1000! So I stopped following it. I'm just wondering if maybe this is the same diamond.... ;-) It would be great if it was because it was a total beauty!!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring! Congratulations!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
MayFlowers, it is a BGD signature. I DID have a stone from the online inventory brought in at Denise's recommendation. The stones (the one I bought and the one brought in) were very similar to my eyes. Honestly, I picked the BGD due to price, it was about $1000 less than the other stone! We made the purchase right before some if the recent price increases. I am very happy with the purchase. The ring is a size 6 7/8. Thank you for the kind words about the ring, I'm having so much fun showing it off. :)

ETA: since we weren't ready to buy last fall, I wasn't seriously looking at any specific stones. It could in fact be the stone you were stalking!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your ring is beautiful!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful! I love the cake. :lickout: congrats on your engagement!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Sweet proposal and an awesome ring! Who can beat that?

I love the distinctive look of your halo setting - so classy!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Chloe!!!! Beautiful ring and what a cute proposal! :appl:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Chloe :appl: so happy for you, the ring is gorgeous and your proposal was so sweet - you sound like me with the control thing, how nice he didnt keep you waiting =) enjoy being enfianced :love:

(oh and i just got back from a weekend away hence my late reply!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and what a romantic proposal! :appl: :wavey:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I'm pretty sure it's the same stone! I'm so glad you got it! It looks simply beautiful on your hand! :love:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Your ring is gorgeous. I'll see you over in BWW!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet! What a lovely ring. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results