shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok,, I am completely incapable of making a decision!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
1st, warning, b/c I want my RING to look the same, I am going to get my ideal setting now, and a sim (I would rather a sim of the same size that I will get later, than a little real) - I just want the ring to feel the same. Make sense?

I am going nuts. So the plan was, I was going to pick a setting, let my BF pick the stone of a choice of 5 (round Asha, round Interlap, Regencz Interlap, Asscher Interlap or Asha, Flanders Interlap...can't remember which of those comes in smaller sizes, lol) - in a 6.5mm. (And yeah, I know those are all different carat sizes, but we won't be changing to real till I graduate law school, so we will actually have money, AND since I have giant hands, I don't love 6mm stones. I would go with 6.25 but those don't exist in fake stone world, lol.)

Honestly, i LOOVE ASschers and would rather that than anything, but I think the setting that I have been leaning towards (1st one I'll post) is too busy with an Asscher. Plus, part of me wants something sparkly and an Asscher isn't. So, I just don't know. That's why he gets to pick the stone.

BUT I CAN'T PICK A SETTING!!!!!! Obviously, I can't pick a stone, but that's ok. HE gets that job. BUT I CAN"T PICK A SETTING!!!

I was really sure I was set on
ME1294.jpg
this. Except the sapphires would be traps and bigger, and the band would be rounded. IN fact, I asked Wink for a quote for it and Daniel was going to order it as soon as he got the quote. But Wink left town, so I had time to keep looking. Oops.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
So then I saw some rings on here and thought maybe I just liked a simple, pretty wide banded solitaire look. Maybe like this:
59506-Lucida-with-Euro-shank.jpg

Or maybe even simpler.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Now, my original plan, before I began searching and became addicted to PS and betterthandiamond.com was somethign like this:
DM03500500_AS_150_zoom.jpg

And I do still really like that.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Then, yesterday I found this, and I LOVE the wavy things next to it, I would have sapphires not rubies, and have a different setting/head/prongy things so that a band could sit flush with it.

117010-rubyring3.jpg

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock

See my problem? I am VERY confused. Personaly, I LOVE the look of the pave set rings, and of the Liz C. ring that gettinghitched is getting, but for some unknown reason Daniel hates them. So they aren''t options

But, that is probably good, or I would be MORE confused. I would just let him choose, but...I don''t want to. I want to be decisive - so HELP me decide, lol:)

Anyway, I have big hands...8ish at my skinniest, at my current, law school weight (which IS going away) 10. And it is important to me that I can have it adjusted before it is made so that it can sit flush with a wedding band.

I liked my original choice, but...sometimes I look at it and it is SO busy - so many DIFFERENT things foinf on- that I am not sure I notice the center stone as much as I notice the RING. And as much as I like that ring, it is for an e-ring, so I want to notice the stone too. Does that make sense?

Plus, I really really like Asschers, I keep going back to those no matter where else I wander - and I think my 1st choice might take away from the asscher. Oh, I don''t know. LOL.

So- anyone want to help me? I am really about to get desperate enough to start a poll... "What e-ring should Kimberly get?" That would be sad, lol:)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I say go with an asscher shape if that is what you want. I don''t know ANYTHING about sim stones so I can''t help you there. but as for the setting.. for an asscher I''d either go with the simple setting woth the xprong (2nd pic) or the third choice with the channeled band. You''re right that the first one just would not work. I personally don''t like the fourth one either.. I can'' see what shape those side stones wold be.. but I think they would not look right with the square stone.

Layne

Shiny_Rock
My assesment based on the pics you posted- hopefully I will just be reflecting what you think but helping you break it down since you are a little overwhemled (aren''t we all when it comes to picking the perfect life-time jewelry?)
1) You want side stones. 3 of the 4 pictures you posted have sidestones. Sure, the solitare is nice but it came on a whim.
2) You want something with detail from the side. Again 3 of the 4 pics you posted have this. I must say I like the cathedral (I have it with a round).
3) You said you wanted a rounded band- all your pics have flat bands. Something to think about.
4) What do you want for a wedding band? This could help you narrow it down.

Good luck!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Also, I''d like to add, I would make a choice between an Ascher and having sidestones.
If you''re dead set on an Ascher then something with the pave would be nice.
Then you could eliminate some of the extras and just worry about the prongs.
IMO Aschers are too beautiful to compete with a setting.

Otherwise, I agree with Layne - it appears you want sidestones and ornate detail.

You have to make this distinction first.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
What about and asscher with sapphire trillion sidestones? You sound like me, I'm in love with a different ring everyday, although I'm the type of person that will love something, then find a million others a like, but at the end of the day decide that my original, is the best choice.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
117006-rubyring1.jpg

There is the front of the pic I only showed the side of. Not crazy in love iwth it, but that''s b/c of theradiant (NOT a radiant fan) and the ruby.

Y;all made some good points - I think I do want sidestones of some type. I really love the asscher, but I am still not sure. I don''t know if I would rather something more sparkly.

#1 - though I like it a lot, I think I may out grow. I am 23 now and it is a pretty ring...will it be too young when I am 40? I kind of think so.

As for the sapphires, I REALLY like sapphires and diamonds. I think:)

Basically I don''t have any idea, but y''all are brining up good points and good questions.
Thanks!

Brittany

Rough_Rock
When we went shopping I was originally resetting a diamond I already owned (otherwise we would NOT have gone shopping..)

Then I was messing around looking at rings and fell in love. Now the ring wasn''t super sparkly because it was an emerald cut and it was $4500 over our budget. (I was expecting to spend less than $1000 on a new setting for current diamond)

I fought with the notion it "looked old" "wasn''t sparkly enough" and i would "get sick of it"

But my heart loved it and I had to get those thoughts out of my head just because I had heard them from so many people

Get what you like that really turns your heart upside down!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Kimber: Hmm tough choice. I don't think that #1 is too young. My boyfriend gave me a sapphire and diamond ring center stone is 1 carat saphire and 0.25 trillion diamonds on the side (sorry can't take pics of the original. They turn out blurry). Ok. So the combination of sapphire and diamond is very, very beautiful. The only GRRRR part to the ring is... well.. lately I wear a lot of pink of red clothes, and it doesn't really match with my ring, so I leave the ring at home most of the time. Something to think about I guess.

I love the asscher too. It's my dream stone. But they tend to be a bit small for their carat weight, so I ruled them out. If I had a huge budget I would buy one. I've settled on a cushion (some have a nice spread for carat weight) although I heard that they might not be as sparkly.

So are those all of the settings you have narrowed it down to? Are you " in love" with any of them?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think something with saph sidestones would be gorgeous...that last one you posted w/ the rubies would be gorgeous w/ sapphires. I''m an asscher lover myself, so I understand your dillemma. What about something like this? (This is Leon''s)

leon12334.jpg

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Alleycat - Am I in love with any of them? I am REALLY liking the ruby sidestones (with sapphs of course). I am in love with some of the pave set rings (there is one Daniel K ring that makes me drool). But Daniel (my Daniel) thinks they are the ugliest things ever, so I am going to buy one with another stone in it (not FROM daniel k, I will have someone make a repro or something, can''t spend $5k on a setting) like a saph or a topaz as my law school graduation gift to me.

But I like them. A lot. There''s another one I like...

CM30400100_AS_100_zoom.jpg

I REALLY like having the sapphires there. And about the matching, I have a blue topaz ring that Daniel gave me years ago that I Have worn with EVERYTHING...so that doesn''t matter.

Oh, I don''t know...lol

Blueroses - that''s pretty too...DON''T show me MORE rings...I need to narrow, not ADD!!! LOL

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
i dunno, I kinda think that sidestones (especially sidestones with a lot of visual "weight", like colored or large) don''t do anything for asschers. And I think they''d overpower the quiet, simple beauty of the asscher. I think if you want to go asscher, you should go solitaire (since pave is out
2.gif
).

Otherwise, I think ring #1 is beautiful and no, I don''t think it will be too young when you''re 40.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I like Leon''s ring that blueroses posted - I think diamond baguettes would look nice as side stones next to an ascher - then you could put those sapphires on the outside where those small rounds are
That would be nice

Erin

Ideal_Rock
like this - it has trapezoid and baguette sides

asschertrapbag.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Kimber,

If color isn''t a problem for you THEN GO FOR IT! I really like the radiant/ ruby setting. Your boyfriend doesn''t like the pave Daniel K? Are these the boxter ones? My boyfriend doesn''t like the boxter/ halo set rings either. I told him, "You have no say on something I have to wear for the rest of my life
11.gif
)" and "If you try to foist anything other then my dream ring (Reena''s ring) on me, then I am going to say NO to your proposal."
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
. You are so much kinder and gentler then I am
9.gif
. Does he like the radient/ruby setting? What does he think about the different settings?

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
I think this just might be it. I don't know. But I am REALLY liking it. Plenty of Asscher showing, but...
Anyway, this is the Radiant/ruby ring, but someone on the betterthandiamond forum edited the pic so that it had sapphs and a 6.5mm asscher in it so I could see what it would look like. Anyway, it is the ring with the wavy sides...

Oh - I do think I would have the sidesstones be a little smaller, they are 4.5mm here, maybe 3 or 3.5mm would look better with the center.

118149-vtasscher2.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
KimberJeb, I literally just said "OOOOOOOHHHHH, YUMMY!!!" out loud when I saw that pic above. That''s gorgeous!! The sidestones are small enough that they don''t detract from the "asscher-ness" and it''s a great combo! Now the question is......where to find a good asscher sim? Love that setting!!!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
BR - never saw your reply, but...yeah, that ring makes me sigh everyt ime I see it. And the Asscher pictured in it is pulled off the Asha page, I don't think it looks 1/2 bad...lol.

But the problem, it WONT under any circumstances sit flush with a band. And I am not sure how I feel about that. My 1st thought is NO WAY, then I stare at that pic, and think...oh I LOVE it. LOL. I am SOOO confused.

Here it is w/ rubies, a larger radiant than my asscher would be, and a band...
117006-rubyring1.jpg

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Anyway, I am STILL having a ton of trouble deciding.
33.gif
For the past month I have been torn between the Asscher above, the 1st ring on this post and the Vatche Royal Crown.

The asscher ring is just beautiful, makes me gasp. But...I don''t like that it won''t sit flush

The 1st is pretty, and I think it will end up nice with all the changes I want for it, and it will sparkle and be different, but it may just be TOO MUCH

And the royal crown is so simply stunning. I tried one on and I loved the way the stone stood out, and the fact that it made the center stone look HUGE, and it sits great with a band. And...

I can''t decide. So I guess Daniel has to, lol. But I want to know which one I REALLY want:)

Ok, late at night, can''t sleep, so I figured I would come on here and babble about e-rings. What else, right?
26.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some more Vatche rings... Maybe a nice combo of the two? Love the Royal Crown and this 3-stone is nice. I think vatche is pretty open to making custom changes... but of course that means $$$. You could get someone local to custom make a combo!

338-a.jpg
261-a.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results