shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, here it is...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
Ok, so it's going down in a few weeks.

We live in Las Vegas and she'll be coming from work and I have an anniversary dinner planned at Bellagio (which is the one with the fountains for those who don't know).

Before that though, I have an appt. scheduled for her to get a facial and manicure/pedicure at the spa. This will give me time to get my nerves together and plan a last few things and so she'll feel extra special about that night.

I have a book that she gave me as a gift and it has some poems and pictures from various trips we have been on and some nice things about us and our past. She gave this to me last year and I am having it leather bound and engraved with a title. I'm also adding a page to the end of the book (more on this later). She also has commented in the past that I don't dress up and she's never seen me in a suit and tie and she has joked that the first time she will ever see me in a tuxedo will be at our wedding. (again...more later)

I'm going to get a penthouse suite at the Bellagio overlooking the fountains, but she won't know that of course. The restaurant we are eating has has a view of the fountains, but our table will be somewhat obstructed from a clear view. I'll comment a few times that I wished we could have a better view. We'll enjoy our dinner and talk and all that good stuff. Then, at the end, I'll pay for the meal and excuse myself for the restroom. Only I won't be going to the restroom, I'll be going up the penthouse suite.

I'll have the waiter give a wrapped copy of the book with instructions to give her to open it. She'll open it and recognize it of course, except on the last page, will be a short paragraph about the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. There will be the room key with the room number and an invitation to meet me.

Meanwhile, I'll quickly be changing into a tuxedo in the penthouse suite. I'll have rose petals on the marble entryway leading to me, standing by the window overlooking the fountains from 35 stories up. She'll enter and I'll have her favorite Sinatra song "Fly me to the moon" playing, and if lucky, the fountain show running. I'll turn and tell her how much I love her , get down on one knee and propose with hopefully will turn out to be a beautiful Ritani endless love princess cut with a halo. (pics to follow)

Cap with some champagne and the penthouse bedroom covered in rose petals and I think I have a winner.

Of course, that manicure earlier in the day will make for some great handshots that I get to share with you all when it's done. And since I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go, I figure we can take a stroll around the fountains for some more pictures before settling in for the night.

Thoughts? Anything I didn't think of? Ways to impprove?

WISH ME LUCK! (June 13th)

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! It sounds absolutely heavenly! I wish you all the best with your plans - I am sure she will be astounded! So romantic!
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That sounds positively amazing!! I love it!!
36.gif

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
I do have a question though for those who read it...

Which would you prefer:

I have the waiter "overhear" our complaint about not being able to see the fountains well and have him conveniently offer a solution of an unused room with a view and have him offer us the key. Then, when we get to the room, obviously, it will be all set up as described.

DOWNSIDE: No book. I could still have the book done and have it in the room, but I think it might be a little anti-climactic to read the book after she sees the room. I could maybe put part of the proposal in the book, or the ring in the book in the room. Also, no tux.

or...

the way posted. I'm a little concerned about the coordinating everything if I have to have her come up on her own. I have to get changed very fast, and if she gets lost or doesn't "get it" by opening the book, or the waiter doesn't give clear instructions. If I'm there, obviously, there is no room for error.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 6:50:16 AM
Author: ILoveBEDsoMUCH
I do have a question though for those who read it...

Which would you prefer:

I have the waiter 'overhear' our complaint about not being able to see the fountains well and have him conveniently offer a solution of an unused room with a view and have him offer us the key. Then, when we get to the room, obviously, it will be all set up as described.

DOWNSIDE: No book. I could still have the book done and have it in the room, but I think it might be a little anti-climactic to read the book after she sees the room. I could maybe put part of the proposal in the book, or the ring in the book in the room. Also, no tux.

or...

the way posted. I'm a little concerned about the coordinating everything if I have to have her come up on her own. I have to get changed very fast, and if she gets lost or doesn't 'get it' by opening the book, or the waiter doesn't give clear instructions. If I'm there, obviously, there is no room for error.
Maybe have the waiter deliver the book and have a note attached to the front, instructing her to read all the way to the end to find out what to do? That way the waiter doesn't have to do anything but give her the book and note (instead of trusting him to remember all the instructions), and she's got specific instructions on where to go. I really like the idea of you dressing up in the tux for her, so I think if you can, you should find a way to get her to come up on her own. I think it is the perfect finishing touch to the beautifully decorated penthouse suite proposal.
1.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I lovelovelove your idea! And I''m positive your soon-to-be-fiance will too! And I like it the original way you wrote it out. Gwens idea of the note on the book is great, and then maybe practice getting into the tux quickly once or twice beforehand so you have it down and aren''t as nervous about getting it all on quickly. But overall it sounds like a fantastic plan!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Your original idea sounds fabulous! Maybe have the waiter stall a bit for you? She''ll be expecting you to be gone for a few minutes anyway, so you could probably have the waiter/waitress hold onto the book for 3 or 4 minutes before giving it to her.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You are too cute!! It''s a wonderful idea . . . but . . .

That''s an awful lot to get ''perfect''. And remember, when guys go to extreme measures they have a way of tipping the gal off about the proposal anyway. If the waiter gives her the book, she''ll know.

Personally, I would want to go up to the room with you, be surprised that it was ''waiting'' for us, and then have you present the book. The tux wouldn''t matter. Don''t forget the bubbly!

And Congratulations! Whatever you do, it''s going to be lovely; you''ve already made sure of that.

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 6:50:49 PM
Author: HollyS
You are too cute!! It''s a wonderful idea . . . but . . .

That''s an awful lot to get ''perfect''. And remember, when guys go to extreme measures they have a way of tipping the gal off about the proposal anyway. If the waiter gives her the book, she''ll know.

Personally, I would want to go up to the room with you, be surprised that it was ''waiting'' for us, and then have you present the book. The tux wouldn''t matter. Don''t forget the bubbly!

And Congratulations! Whatever you do, it''s going to be lovely; you''ve already made sure of that.

That was exactly my concern. Of course she''ll know when she gets the book and I won''t be able to see that first reaction...but does that add or detract from the suspense/excitement. Put yourself in her shoes, which would you rather have....the book first when I''m not there with the instructions and the room key to the suite without knowing....or would you rather have me make up some random reason to go up to the bank of elevators when we have no business going to any room. I think either way, she''d be tipped off, and there''s something I liked about her coming to meet me in the room than I did about that awkward ride up to the room together. Remember, we''re not on vacation, we live here, so there''s no reason to be going to any room.

Thoughts?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 12:55:55 AM
That was exactly my concern. Of course she'll know when she gets the book and I won't be able to see that first reaction...but does that add or detract from the suspense/excitement. Put yourself in her shoes, which would you rather have....the book first when I'm not there with the instructions and the room key to the suite without knowing....or would you rather have me make up some random reason to go up to the bank of elevators when we have no business going to any room. I think either way, she'd be tipped off, and there's something I liked about her coming to meet me in the room than I did about that awkward ride up to the room together. Remember, we're not on vacation, we live here, so there's no reason to be going to any room.

Thoughts?
Well, here's the part of it that I think would be best if you had her meet you up there: yes, you miss out on her initial surprise/that 'realization' look when she gets handed the book, but a) the look on her face when she sees the room is going to pale in comparison anyway, and b) I keep thinking that, if your reason for going up the elevator is *not* really obvious (ie: "Hey, let's make out in the elevators of that one hotel like they do in the movies" "Don't be silly, Roy, we're not doing that. Let's get a taxi home."
3.gif
), she might not go along with you (since you live in LV and all), or she might question what you're doing, which then of course would make you feel like you've somehow flubbed this great plan because it didn't go as smoothly as you wanted. If you DID want to take her up the elevator, I don't think I'd choose a random reason like you said--I think I'd hint that you had something up there waiting for her, kiss her and smile mischeviously and not say any more. Then open the door, and voila!

Although chances are she'll have figured it out beforehand, she'll still be surprised and so so excited. And then you could decide whether you'd propose first and then let her see the book (to take advantage of 'the moment of surprise' and totally blow her away), or vice versa (slowly build up to the actual proposal by letting her read through the book, and maybe the last page could tell her to look at you, and you'll be on your knee with the ring?).

Like Holly said, though, you honestly can't go wrong because you've put so much thought and preparation into this. Just pick which approach seems the best to you, and go for it! It's going to be amazing.
1.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
I''d just go with your original idea...

Sure, it''s a bit ambitious and no doubt she''ll know as soon as she receives the book... but a little suspense and a few extra surprise elements never hurt anyone...

I think it''s romantic and thoughtful and the book / tux add a personal touch.

Love it.

I''m sure she''ll love what ever you come up with - and if not, a ritani princess halo should definately do the trick
2.gif
2.gif
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like a wonderful plan, but if you are already dressed in a suit for dinner, I see no reason to change into a tux. That seems like a waste to me. She will see you dressed up more than usual if you wear a suit for dinner. I think you should just have the room ready before you go out, you present her with the book at the end of dinner which will say there is a surprise waiting for her and include the key. Then you can go up there with her and propose when you get in there.

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
Ok, so it's been moved up to this Friday now! She's now coming up this weekend instead, so now I've had to scramble to get everything changed. Tux rental is switched, penthouse lakeview suite is switched, and we're all good. Whew.

(Oh btw, I won't be in a suit for dinner, just a nice shirt and khakis which is about as dressed up as I get in summertime in Vegas)

The only switch I have to make is I can't get the book leather-bound in time now, but I think we can always do that later together, maybe after adding some more stuff to it.

I thought it over a few times and I think I am going to go with one of the suggestions and just have the waiter give her the room key with a small note and give her the book in the room in private so she won't have to go through reading it alone in front of other people.

I think I've thought of everything now. Only downside is she's getting in around 7:30 so I don't think I have time to let her get her hair done and all that like I planned.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So exciting!! It''s going to be great! I can''t wait to hear about it!!

dvsone

Rough_Rock
It''s GO TIME!!

Good luck!! Waiting to see the follow up post and hear what happened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:21:41 PM
Ok, so it''s been moved up to this Friday now! She''s now coming up this weekend instead, so now I''ve had to scramble to get everything changed. Tux rental is switched, penthouse lakeview suite is switched, and we''re all good. Whew.

(Oh btw, I won''t be in a suit for dinner, just a nice shirt and khakis which is about as dressed up as I get in summertime in Vegas)

The only switch I have to make is I can''t get the book leather-bound in time now, but I think we can always do that later together, maybe after adding some more stuff to it.

I thought it over a few times and I think I am going to go with one of the suggestions and just have the waiter give her the room key with a small note and give her the book in the room in private so she won''t have to go through reading it alone in front of other people.

I think I''ve thought of everything now. Only downside is she''s getting in around 7:30 so I don''t think I have time to let her get her hair done and all that like I planned.
WOOOOOOO!!! Can''t wait to hear how it goes, mate!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I am a sucker for a man in a suit... or tux! Yay!

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
Ok it all went down and it went perfectly to plan! Here are lots of pics.

First, the ring.

DSC00138.jpg

ILoveBEDsoMUCH

Rough_Rock
Ok last one, the penthouse suite wet bar.

sdfhetrhseh.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don''t know where to start, you both look so happy and your fiancée is beautiful and the ring is gorgeous and I love the tux and the flower petals and the fountains and the penthouse suite bar and--WOW! It looks simply incredible! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results