shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok. Fine. I admit it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Dreamer. The way you guys lovingly design and select your jewelry, it is no nice when it can stay in the family. And yes PS does seem like a family.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I was going to wait to reveal it but people started making guesses so I thought time to spill.

I am very happy about this outcome of my whole bling renaissance the last few months. I have always wanted a five stone ring, but always hesitated a little because most of them are a little too simple or everyday for my liking. It was a critique I always had about my solitaire; the setting just was not special. The same concerns delayed setting my stones into a three stone as well. This turned out for the best anyways, given that I sold all the diamonds destined for that three-stone ring! I would have been out the cost of the setting.

Anyways, the Aurora is special in many ways, and unique and unusual, not to mention *extra* blingy, which we all know I enjoy immensely. I will wear it as a stand along ring of course, and enjoy the blinding lights. My fifth anniversary is actually coming up, so a five-stone ring is a wonderful piece to wear at this point in my married life!

I am also very pleased to get a good deal on the ring, and also to buy it from someone I know, and for the whole transaction be such a win-win, as Gypsy said. This outcome is about as good as I could have hoped from selling my diamond; over half the proceeds went to responsible things, our bank accounts look great :)) , AND I have a fabulous ring to wear!

Interestingly enough my husband is ridiculously excited about this purchase. It is very sweet. He loves that it is a *finished* ring that I can love as it is right away. I agree.

Can't wait to see it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cozystitches|1317303917|3028667 said:
Congratulations, Dreamer. Now I have yet ANOTHER thing to be jealous of in your sparklie collection!

Awww cozy. So sweet! My collection is smaller now, so not so much to covet anymore.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1317296309|3028615 said:
Yay!!! I'm guessing this is your ERing replacement?!?!?

Of course!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woooohoo, Dreamer!!! SOO exciting! Girl, you sure pick fabulous pieces!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't mean to push you out of the closet, I swear! I had a hunch IMMEDIATELY when it sold -- the timing was just too coincidental. But part of me didn't *really* think it was true .... Anyway, regardless: CONGRATS! Bling wins out. Five years, five stones - perfection.

vsc

Shiny_Rock
First of all, congrats Gypsy and Dreamer!

Gypsy:
Gypsy|1317281652|3028564 said:
I had a few offers and one was by a jeweler who was going to take it apart, and it broke my heart-- it really did-- to think of that.
total ditto. How could someone think of taking this beautiful work of art apart? It really doesn't make much sense to me, and sounds so wasteful. I'm so glad you were able to find a good home for it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto to what everyone else said about "keeping it in the family!"

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic news!!! Enjoy that beauty with health and happiness. :appl: :wavey:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamer! I love that ring! Enjoy it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is awesome! can't wait to see more pics of that beautiful baby!

edit : what a perfect way to downsize as you upgrade in a way - you're gonna love the bling you'll get with it!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! :appl: I was hoping it was a PSer. Please post pics as soon as you get the ring on your finger, Dreamer. I'll be waiting impatiently until then.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer I read your other thread about selling your diamond and I want to say how much I respect you for the choices you made. It can't have been an easy decision, but you did what was right for you and your family. Pricescope can cause us to obsess on what is bigger or newer instead of the things that are really important. However we are all diamond nuts on here so it is wonderful that you will still end up with an incredible, unique, and blingy diamond wedding ring! Enjoy this new beauty and post some hand shots for us please.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

What a perfect trade! Dreamer, I can't imagine you won't LOVE that ring - it's most definitely special. And Gypsy knows it went to a good home, and got some spare change to bring her old cut dream to fruition :bigsmile:

Can't WAIT too see your pics Dreamer! And what you think of the blinding bling :sun: It's so sweet that your DH is excited, too ::)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr:.. did you ask Gypsy for the PS discount?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1317349625|3029337 said:
:errrr:.. did you ask Gypsy for the PS discount?
Too funny!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following your recent threads, Dreamer, and I'm really happy for you on how everything turned out. I think you made all the right decisions and this new five stone ring makes perfect sense - lots of sparkle and reflective of your 5 years of marriage - I love it. I can only imagine how good you must feel about everything. Doesn't seem like this situation could have turned out any better, and anything from BGD is a wise buy if you ask me! Good for you. I can't wait to see Aurora on you! :love:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woohoo congrats!!!!!!!!! Things worked out perfectly, imo. It was meant to be!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
YAY DREAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR GYPSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A win-win! I can't wait to see your new pics of that beauty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So thrilled for you Dreamer, and Gypsy too! What a lucky ring - one delightful owner to another :bigsmile:

Can't wait for some of your trademark brilliant pics!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats that is one beautiful ring!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, I should really spend more time on Pricescope! ;)) DD, I am SOOOOO happy for you and so happy that Gypsy sold her beauty to someone who will truly love and appreciate it for the fine piece of artwork that it is.

Now, can I <<<smack>>> that jeweler that wanted to tear Aurora apart????? Gypsy, I don't know how you didn't blow a gasket as you read that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am behind, too, but just wanted to say what a great choice I think this was, Dreamer! A gorgeous diamond band and extra money in the bank! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so it's Tuesday...any updates???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She has a thread in SMTR. Takes much better pics that I do too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results