shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok. DIY Invitation Draft 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I hated this process more than I can tell you! Finally I have a draft to show. My printer is poo, so its smudgey and the alignment is not QUITE right.

Thoughts on the general idea?

n1480796660_193131_8110.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, the color of the font matches the color of the paper behind it really well. The feather kind of gets lost in the bow, I think the bow by itself will be okay. But you just started a thread about a feather obsession....
5.gif
Probably not what you wanted to hear, so feel free to disregard what I say.

All in all, I like it!

Side note, is it normal to not put the address of the ceremony on the invite? Where do you put it then?

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Good question about the address. I just don''t know. Its a destination wedding, and everyone will be receiving maps, address lists, and brochures when they arrive. What do you think? I omitted it because I was trying to keep it uncluttered. Do I need it?

Thank goodness I asked for help here!

I am not sure about the feather either. I love the hint of pink, bit I am not sure it works. Thanks for your honest opinion. it is much appreciated!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
The font color is a great choice. Could you take them to professional printers to avoid the smudging? Like Kinkos or Staples or something?

Also, I''m not sure about the pink feather either... but I''m not really a feather person, so it might just be my personal taste. I saw your other post about your concern over the DIY invites, but I think they''re really lovely. They will look very elegant and professional when they''re all finished!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I think you should leave it without the address. It seems like you''re going to provide a lot of info for them and it''s a destination wedding so no one''s coming from "in town."

I think maybe you can incorporate the feather somewhere else. I like the hint of pink but maybe you can put a pink crystal or something somewhere so you can have that bit of femininity (see Freke''s Save the Dates).

I''d also second Musincy''s suggestion of taking it somewhere to be printed. No point losing sleep over it if you can get it done somewhere else. You might need to change your vellum though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results