shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh, Swedish Bean!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, have you picked out a photog or figured out what you''re going to do in regards to that yet?

4.gif
I Just saw this.
3.gif

Short answer- NO. LOL I think I am severely behind on my bridal duties here... I keep making decisions and then going over them again and again. The actual wedding ceremony has taken a back seat to food reservations, hotel, airfare, my two bridesmaids being at each other throats, and my mother thinking the wedding revolves around here
32.gif
12.gif
10.gif
9.gif

I originally upgraded my wedding package for the photography but I believe I read on your wedding thread that the prints/ digitals were pretty crazy through cashman- right? I am thinking why would I bother getting more pictures when I won''t buy more pictures
20.gif
I was meaning to ask how your other pictures turned out then...? Did I miss stuff posted on that??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's about time!
2.gif

Unfortunately all of my paperwork is at my dad's house (moving up there) so I can't give you specific prices, but here is what I remember:

Digital negatives: $1,500
One 5x7 picture: $16

HAHA! Wait! I still have the email with the link to the site. I can look stuff up!

Ok:

Cashman Professional Package G- Includes (10) 4 x 6, (2) 5 x 7, & (1) 8 x 10 print.= $150
Cashman Professional Package E- Includes (8) 5 x 7 & (10) 8 x 10 prints.= $325
Cashman Professional Package D- Includes (5) 5 x 7, (2) 8 x 10, and (1) 11 x 14 Prints = $160
Cashman Pro Photography Package C- Includes (2) 8x10, (1) 11 x 14 = $75
Cashman Pro Photography Package B - Includes (2) 8x10, (1) 5x7, (8) wallets = $62
Cashman Pro Photography Package A - Includes 20 wallets of the same image= $42

8 x 10 color enlargement- $28
set of 8 color Wallet size pictures= $24
11 x 14 Color Enlargement= $60

Let me know if you want any other prices, and I'll look them up for you.

So here is the deal. They try to make an appointment with you for as soon after the wedding as possible. Then you get there, they have a big flat screen TV showing a slideshow of their favorite of your pictures. They have printed out a booklet of your pics (like a soft cover kids book), with framed pictures of you that they already have printed, sitting around. And then this salesperson hands you two piles of 5x7 or 4x6 photos and a select few 8x10s--the unretouched photos and the retouched photos with additional photoshopping. And you go through them trying to decide which ones fit into your package that you already paid for, and which ones you want to buy outside of the package. We spent about two hours going through the photos trying to decide which ones to buy, and which to leave behind. Our saleschick was being slowly driven crazy by me, the artistic type and D, the math type, so after a while she just left us alone. The pictures you choose that either fit in your package or you buy right then, you can take with you right then. If you want enlargements, you can buy them then and then pick them up the next day, or they can ship them to you.

So basically, they are trying to pull you in at an emotional time with emotional/sentimental pics and the convenience of it all. It's almost like a first date, I felt very romanced, if that makes sense?

Luckily we got out by paying an additional $250ish for a couple of the packages with more 5x7s, 8x10s an 11x14 and wallets. But it was hard. And we only had that photographer for 1 hour. He took about 170 pictures in that hour.

Also unfortunate is that they don't let ANYONE else take photos during the ceremony. So the only photos of the ceremony that exist are Cashman's. So really, they are basically forcing you to buy their product if you want those pictures at all. This is something that my wedding planner lied to me about, btw, so I was pretty pissed.

On the website it says that the digi negs start out at $500. Yeah, DO THEY. Ours, for 170 pics was $1,500 (as I said above).

Also, from various people who have gotten married in Vegas, Cashman will contact you 6 months from the date of your wedding with all of their remaining merchandise that you didn't buy at your initial trip, including those precious digi negs for a greatly reduced price. Should this happen, I plan on taking them up on it.

As for my other photographer. Jason James Skinner, I really could not have asked for more. His basic wedding package is as follows:

Included in every package:
DVD of full-resolution, watermark free images
Every image has minor retouching done by hand
custom printed photo label on disc
online gallery where you and your guests can view slideshow and order prints (you are always free to make your own prints at no extra cost)

Wedding Day base package $1,300
5 hours of wedding day coverage
free engagement session (one location)
additional shooting, $250 an hour

I have posted a handful of his pics over in the newlywed threads, but I really should post a thread over here too. His style is very very different from Cashman, which was apparent to my LOVELY but very inattentive husband, who doesn't register things like that. But I really can't say enough about Jason. He went way above and beyond any and all duties he had, and was just lovely to work with. The only other photog that I really took a liking to was three times his price, and I didn't like her THAT much!

I'll go ahead and start looking for pics I want to post...feel free to ask any and all questions you may have!

.... WOW!!! Those prices
32.gif
$1500 on digital negatives for about 15 mins of a wedding? NAH!

I showed FI your other thread and Jason''s website.. we are discussing it and other options. His pictures are gorgeous!! He did a really good job!

I do have a question... do you/ did you invite him to dinner with you? Is that customary? How did you like your engagement session? (Did I miss the pictures on that too?)

I think I had some other questions but I am really tired right now and need to sleep on it.
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 6:20:45 AM
Author: swedish bean
.... WOW!!! Those prices
32.gif
$1500 on digital negatives for about 15 mins of a wedding? NAH!

I showed FI your other thread and Jason's website.. we are discussing it and other options. His pictures are gorgeous!! He did a really good job!

I do have a question... do you/ did you invite him to dinner with you? Is that customary? How did you like your engagement session? (Did I miss the pictures on that too?)

I think I had some other questions but I am really tired right now and need to sleep on it.
21.gif
He was at dinner with us taking pictures, but I didn't invite him to eat. I feel bad about that now, because I think it would have been nice. I don't know.

I LOVED our engagement session. I haven't posted pics of it yet, I really should do that, but I've been lazy. And it seems weird to post them AFTER the wedding pics, yeah?

Feel free to ask whatever you want!

Okkkaaay I will!

:)

What time did he start? While you were having the actual wedding, did he basically just "wait outside" because the hotel wouldn''t allow him to take pictures? I''m curious because I think my wedding is at 4, dinner at 5.. would 2 be too early? I dunno. I''m having a real struggle here with the extras that I want to pay for, and how much of it. Do I do a suite hotel? nicer dinner? free drinks? pay for a whole dinner the night before the wedding too? (Basically Fi & I''s version of a grooms dinner, but paid by us?) I feel so lost here.
12.gif

Did you get to pick your engagement session location? I wouldn''t even know where to start with that. I really like his pictures and his prices are great too! I think that It would actually be cheaper to get 5hrs coverage with him, vs just doing 2 extra with cashman (which I think is at least $400 just for the extra time, not including any pictures if I remember correctly!)

And, P.s. I totally would love to see the engagement pictures! I''m sure others would too, but I understand if you don''t want to post them.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What time did he start? He met me and my MOH at Robert Cromeans at 12:45. Mandalay Bay let him into the chapel dressing room (and that''s it--no other part of the chapel could be photographed) and he left at around 3:45. During the wedding he went elsewhere--not sure where. I just know that he met back up with us around 5:30ish at Bellagio. And then he left us at the reception around 8-8:30 I think? I''m not entirely sure because I wasn''t keeping my eye on the clock.

While you were having the actual wedding, did he basically just ''wait outside'' because the hotel wouldn''t allow him to take pictures? I guess above answers this question too.

I''m curious because I think my wedding is at 4, dinner at 5.. would 2 be too early? I dunno. I''m having a real struggle here with the extras that I want to pay for, and how much of it. Do I do a suite hotel? nicer dinner? free drinks? pay for a whole dinner the night before the wedding too? (Basically Fi & I''s version of a grooms dinner, but paid by us?) I feel so lost here.
12.gif

I don''t think 2 would be too early. I just thought about what I wanted him to capture. I knew I wanted to classic getting ready photos, so that was really important to me. As for the rest of the questions...I think that''s all stuff you have to decide. We paid for the reception at a really nice restaurant, had an open bar, had a suite (because we went with the package we did, it ended up being cheaper than a regular room would have been on the deal that our guests got, the regular rate was astronomical because of the conventions that were going on at the same time.) But I''m a former chef, so that was really important to me. Having a nice hotel was important to my dad, so that''s whats up with that. We also went to ESPNZone the night before, but everyone paid for their own meal there. My dad was game to pay, but he was already paying for enough, so we chose a more moderately priced restaurant for that. I say pick what''s most important to you guys and choose that first. And go from there!

Did you get to pick your engagement session location? Yeah! He was open to whatever we wanted in regards to this. Originally we were going to go to the Boneyard, but we found out about a week before we left that they had closed (it''s the neon sign graveyard) for a while. Maybe for winter? I dunno. So then he suggested Fremont Street, somewhere outside of town for desert shots, and a ghost town. We ended up picking Fremont, since we''d never been there.

I wouldn''t even know where to start with that. I really like his pictures and his prices are great too! I think that It would actually be cheaper to get 5hrs coverage with him, vs just doing 2 extra with cashman (which I think is at least $400 just for the extra time, not including any pictures if I remember correctly!)
Yeah, the prices really won me over. He''s self trained and has only been doing photography for 4 years, but I think that his talent shines through, and it really helps with the budget.

And, P.s. I totally would love to see the engagement pictures! I''m sure others would too, but I understand if you don''t want to post them.
I''ll probably post a few...I have a lot of pictures to post today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results