shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh NO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
The fluffiest puppy has FLEAS!

He is 2 yo now and this is the first time he has ever had the little critters. He stayed at a friends house while we were out of town and I have found 2 on his fuzzy belly already! I scheduled a groomer appointment, but couldn''t get in until Wednesday! I did take him there this morning and they sprayed him with Frontline to kill what was there. YUCK! He had to sleep outside last night because we are trying to sell the house and the last thing we need is a flea infestation!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yuck, yes, you don''t want fleas any time much less when you have a home on the market!!!

may i suggest looking into essential oils and herbs for ridding the baby of these horrible fleas?! speaking for myself only, i''m not a big fan of treating baby animals [or adult animals for that matter] with chemicals.

yuck, yuck, yuck....really dislike fleas but even with 8 cats [all indoors] i don''t have the problem. no carpeting either so that probably helps.

i bought a home once that had fleas in the carpet...and outside as well. no choice: i had to result to chemicals.

good luck!!!

peace, movie zombie

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck with this and with selling your house. I''m pretty sure my cat had fleas at the time we were trying to sell our house and I continously vaccuumed and this helped. . . nobody seemed to notice or care. (and we put advantage on kitty, which helped keep the pests in check)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor you , I have had this problem in the past, but thankfully not for a long time. Frontline will really help by also killing flea eggs and larvae in your home. As Michelle Carmen says, vacuum often and empty the cannister or bag after each time. I haven''t tried this, but a well known animal expert recommends leaving a bowl of soapy water under a lamp, at a safe distance of course, in each room. The fleas will be attracted to the light and warmth, jump in the water and drown. Only works with soapy water, as the soap breaks up the surface tension of the water so the little blighters can''t jump out.

Hope some of this helps, I don''t think you have a big problem and you are well on top of it. A few years ago we had a really HUGE problem with fleas. Our dog used to pick fleas up at the drop of a hat and transfer them to our cats. This was before the days of Frontline. It was so bad I could see fleas ON MY SOCKS YUK YUK YUK YUK
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Anyway, all gone now. So embarrassing. Would be best to treat all the pets in your house for fleas, if you haven''t already done so. There, I''ve done rambling on!

Good luck with the house sale!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice, guys!
Boomer is our only pet (and a very spoiled one at that). I think he will be fine. I am going to have hip dipped, shampooed, groomed and deferminated (removes shedding hair and hopefully any possible eggs too).

I hope he is flea free after that because he is my snuggle bug!

Janna

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
We''re having MAJOR flea problems right now. We have a jack russell and a pomeranian. The pom is clipped short right now for summer, but she''s still pretty fuzzy. A couple bought the house next door to us....they have SIX dogs! And apparently a healthy colony of fleas.... They also have a BUNCH of ivy in their back yard (covers the wooden fence between our two yards).

I tried frontline, but have such a massive problem that I can''t use it anymore because I''m having to bathe the dogs (at least) once a week! I''ve treated the inside of the house, have sprayed the yard, sprayed the fence, sprayed the side of the house, and sprayed *their* yard, as well!!! They''re super nice people and I''ve talked to them, but they swear they don''t have fleas?
23.gif

Anyway, my point is that I SERIOUSLY doubt you''ll have a problem like this, but don''t be surprised if you see a flea or two even after your baby gets groomed. Sometimes it can take a few weeks to completely break the cycle. Just stay on top of it and you''ll be fine.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
When I brought my cat Rascal home as a kitten it turned out he had fleas. At the time, our vet would not allow Frontline, etc. on kittens under I believe three or four months of age. So we had to keep bathing him and putting some type of foam on him that the vet had given us. Finally when we used the Frontline, the fleas were gone pretty quickly. But it probably did help that we had hardwood floors at the time!!

I''m sure if you caught the problem this early that the Frontline will do its job! Plus a nice bath and flea dip can''t hurt!
12.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this evening after close inspection, the fleas appear to have left the premises.
emteeth.gif
It seems that the spray on Frontline the vet used did the trick. Yippee!
He is still getting groomed and defirminated (which I highly recommend to those of you who have long haired dogs who shed a ton in the summer). He loves going to the groomer so he can socialize with all the other pups.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bikergirl, I think that you can still bathe your dogs even after using Frontline, I don''t think it reduces it''s effectiveness if I remember rightly. I''ts jolly good stuff. Check the package leaflet, should say on there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results