shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh no he didn''t!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OMG!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That M''er F''er!!
29.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:15:12 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
OMG!
Right!!! I think I would have backed that car up and run his a$$ over! I pity the fool that tries that on me!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:16:49 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Right!!! I think I would have backed that car up and run his a$$ over!

You and me both. Doing that to anyone is horrible, but a 92-year-old woman?

My grandmother (whom I adore) was beaten and robbed outside her home ~fifteen years ago, rings stolen off her fingers. Just thinking about it makes me so mad, I shake. If I'd been there, I like to think I would have unleashed the beast. A wild cat ripping its claws into all parts of that man's body.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This thread title cracked me up but then:

Date: 3/9/2009 2:16:30 PM
Author: elledizzy5
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That M''er F''er!!
29.gif
lolol elle....HILARIOUS.

That is incredibly terribe and so very sad. I feel bad for that woman....
38.gif
I hope they find that guy and PUNISH HIM!
29.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That M''er F''er!!
29.gif

FREAKING DITTO.

Anyone that laid a hand on my grandma would be missing fingers when he pulled it back. How pathetic do you have to be to steal from a little old lady? It makes me want to cry.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That's horrible. What a loser!!!!
38.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG!
Sometimes aren''t you glad you know how to use a gun?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an a-hole!!!
29.gif

But hold on a second, $45,000 ring that "has a silver band with a five-karat round diamond"? There are some things that are off here!
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:43:20 PM
Author: musey
What an a-hole!!!
29.gif

But hold on a second, $45,000 ring that ''has a silver band with a five-karat round diamond''? There are some things that are off here!
3.gif

I was just thinking that this paper has pretty bad fact checkers and editors!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm, maybe silver colored?

When my mom was in her 50''s (Not "old", I know, but still), she closed up our grocery store and walked out to her car. A man came and snatched a little red fabric bag which usually contained the money made for the day.

My crazy mother chased the guy and hit him, trying to get the bag back. The guy was bigger and hit my mom back and pushed her off. She had minor injuries.

For years, this was the version of the story that I knew. For some reason, I asked her about this story a couple of weeks ago and heard the rest.

Apparently, she put the money in a different place that day. In the bag the man took was her bible - one given to her by my dad (thus sentimental) and had her notes in it.

Incredulously, I asked her, "You chased a potentially dangerous thief down the street because of a BIBLE???"

She said, "Well, I would have happily let him have it except it was in KOREAN and I knew he couldn''t read it anyway!!"

6.gif
41.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Tgal, that''s hysterical. I think I love your Mom!

You guys are right, the facts didn''t make sense to me either. But then I though about my Nanna when she gave me her rings, and she didn''t know the difference either, so it could just be an old age thing. All the articles say the same thing though.
As an FYI this is about 20 mins south of where I am. I actually used to live very close to there. Poor old lady! I hope the next person he tries that on has a lil more fight in them!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That M''er F''er!!
29.gif
DITTO, Elle!!!
29.gif

I have to say, this thread very clearly illustrates the difference between Supa Grannies and Non-Supa Grannies. If this lady had been a Supa Granny, she would have given this jerk the a$$-whuppin'' he so obviously deserves. TGal''s mom on the other hand . . . DEFINITELY a Supa Granny!!!
36.gif

In all seriousness, though . . . the article said he had FOLLOWED HER from a car repair shop where she had just gotten an estimate done. I guess he must have seen her ring while her estimate was being done, and decided to rob her, but wanted to wait until she was alone so there would be no one around to help her. SCARY!!!
32.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone who takes advantage of pets, the elderly, or children is sick sick sick....

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear God, what a loser
29.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a supa grammie? She''s 92 and apparently still driving!
41.gif
Honestly, I''d be happy she was safe and unhurt. If the ring wasn''t insured, oh well. Not worth dying over.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:16:49 PM
Author: CrookedRock

OMG!
Right!!! I think I would have backed that car up and run his a$$ over! I pity the fool that tries that on me!
Seriously!!

That is so horrible of that man. I can''t believe it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Grrrr... Too many dirty words to bleep them all out on here, so *insert every cuss word you know here*

38.gif
29.gif
38.gif
29.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:49:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal

When my mom was in her 50''s (Not ''old'', I know, but still), she closed up our grocery store and walked out to her car. A man came and snatched a little red fabric bag which usually contained the money made for the day.

My crazy mother chased the guy and hit him, trying to get the bag back. The guy was bigger and hit my mom back and pushed her off. She had minor injuries.

For years, this was the version of the story that I knew. For some reason, I asked her about this story a couple of weeks ago and heard the rest.

Apparently, she put the money in a different place that day. In the bag the man took was her bible - one given to her by my dad (thus sentimental) and had her notes in it.

Incredulously, I asked her, ''You chased a potentially dangerous thief down the street because of a BIBLE???''

She said, ''Well, I would have happily let him have it except it was in KOREAN and I knew he couldn''t read it anyway!!''

6.gif
41.gif

rotflmao2.gif
Classic.

And Ditto to Elle In regards to the article
38.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 4:54:05 PM
Author: lyra
41.gif
Honestly, I''d be happy she was safe and unhurt. If the ring wasn''t insured, oh well. Not worth dying over.
LOL! VERY true, Lyra! We should definitely give her props for that!
9.gif

And I totally agree . . . I''m glad she wasn''t hurt. Definitely not worth getting hurt (or worse) over!
32.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:42:29 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Not a supa grammie? She's 92 and apparently still driving!
41.gif
Honestly, I'd be happy she was safe and unhurt. If the ring wasn't insured, oh well. Not worth dying over.
9.gif

And I totally agree . . . I'm glad she wasn't hurt. Definitely not worth getting hurt (or worse) over!
32.gif

She's a super granny, that's for sure! But a SUP-A Granny would have taken the grease off his hand, greased her foot and jammed it up his a**!

But honestly, that is so scary. Recently in NY, we've been hearing a lot more warnings about muggings and pickpocketing. These are desperate times. Makes me wonder if I should wear my ring around. Thieves notice bling anywhere and they often follow victims home or until they're in some vulnerable spot to pounce. Trust your instincts, ladies! If something doesn't feel right and you think you're being followed, often you are. Take care, everyone!

TGal,your mom rocks. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt badly, though! Ooof. Sup-A Granny would have taught him a lesson! He'd be thinking it was the last chapter in the Bible if he ever met Sup-A G!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crime goes up when the economy goes down. Simple fact of life.

Having said that...
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I''m so glad she wasn''t hurt. What a freaking d-bag.

And I think I might just get a cheaper ring to wear out when I don''t know who is around or I''ll be in a strange place...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
the person who wrote the article needs to get their facts straight...it''s not SILVER it''s either WG or PL..come on. It is silver in color but don''t say it''s silver (sheesh)

now that Perp needs to get his butt kicked by the granny. He should be held down and she should be allowed to go off on him as she pleases.
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 10:09:12 PM
Author: Bliss

Date: 3/9/2009 9:42:29 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

41.gif
9.gif

And I totally agree . . . I''m glad she wasn''t hurt. Definitely not worth getting hurt (or worse) over!
32.gif

She''s a super granny, that''s for sure! But a SUP-A Granny would have taken the grease off his hand, greased her foot and jammed it up his a**!

But honestly, that is so scary. Recently in NY, we''ve been hearing a lot more warnings about muggings and pickpocketing. These are desperate times. Makes me wonder if I should wear my ring around. Thieves notice bling anywhere and they often follow victims home or until they''re in some vulnerable spot to pounce. Trust your instincts, ladies! If something doesn''t feel right and you think you''re being followed, often you are. Take care, everyone!

TGal,your mom rocks. I''m so glad she wasn''t hurt badly, though! Ooof. Sup-A Granny would have taught him a lesson! He''d be thinking it was the last chapter in the Bible if he ever met Sup-A G!
ROFLMAO!!!
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
They spelled carat wrong...

That b@stard!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:49:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal

When my mom was in her 50's (Not 'old', I know, but still), she closed up our grocery store and walked out to her car. A man came and snatched a little red fabric bag which usually contained the money made for the day.

Incredulously, I asked her, 'You chased a potentially dangerous thief down the street because of a BIBLE???'

She said, 'Well, I would have happily let him have it except it was in KOREAN and I knew he couldn't read it anyway!!'

6.gif
41.gif
Tgal..this made me laugh a little. Something similar happened to my mother, she was followed home from her bank after withdrawing 5K from her account.
The man held her at gunpoint in front of our house and tried to take her purse but my mother would not let go of the purse even though he had her at gun point!! He finally hit her several times in the forehead and took off with her purse. I remember seeing her forehead a few days later and it looked like she had an egg implanted!!
29.gif
Don't they know they shouldn't mess with a hard headed korean woman!?

The strange thing is that someone dropped off the purse and wallet on our doorstep a few weeks later.....
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results