clarity

Oh my Kataoka!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I live them all. Very unique design.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They just posted a video of it on IG!! Can’t wait to see how it looks on. Will share many pics to this thread once I have it!

M

maru8888777

Hello everyone! I've been thinking of biting the bullet and buying the snowflake necklace or the earrings (studs or the dangly drops). I am having a hard time deciding because of the price, and was wondering whether one of you folks had seen the jewelry in person. Are they all suitable for every day wear? How are the drops vs. the studs? Thanks!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! I've been thinking of biting the bullet and buying the snowflake necklace or the earrings (studs or the dangly drops). I am having a hard time deciding because of the price, and was wondering whether one of you folks had seen the jewelry in person. Are they all suitable for every day wear? How are the drops vs. the studs? Thanks!

I have the snowflake studs and I've worn them almost daily for about a year. I take them off for cleaning a few times a week, but aside from that they stay on even when I'm sleeping. I have three lobe piercings in each ear and the studs are perfect for pairing with other earrings.

I've seen the dangles but never tried them on. I like them a lot but figured I'd get more wear from studs.

As for the necklace, I've had it on my wish list forever. I love it layered with their other diamond necklace:

1578355717936.png

M

maru8888777

I love that layered look too! I also can't decide whether the necklace or the earrings should be first on my wishlist. I have the three cosmos ring, which I imagine looks like the earrings and/or the necklace somewhat, and I absolutely love it.

@JPie do you think the necklace could withstand not being taken off? I wear mine forever and keep them on in the shower and to sleep (I know, I know).

I have the snowflake studs and I've worn them almost daily for about a year. I take them off for cleaning a few times a week, but aside from that they stay on even when I'm sleeping. I have three lobe piercings in each ear and the studs are perfect for pairing with other earrings.

I've seen the dangles but never tried them on. I like them a lot but figured I'd get more wear from studs.

As for the necklace, I've had it on my wish list forever. I love it layered with their other diamond necklace:

1578355717936.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that layered look too! I also can't decide whether the necklace or the earrings should be first on my wishlist. I have the three cosmos ring, which I imagine looks like the earrings and/or the necklace somewhat, and I absolutely love it.

@JPie do you think the necklace could withstand not being taken off? I wear mine forever and keep them on in the shower and to sleep (I know, I know).

That’s a good question. Maybe you could send them a message and see what they say? I don’t have any Kataoka necklaces but I think the studs would probably stand up to the most wear and tear.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ll be going in store in a few days (omg so excited)!!! And will try to take some pictures for you. Anything else you would like to ask? I’ll have to write down a list!

M

maru8888777

I’ll be going in store in a few days (omg so excited)!!! And will try to take some pictures for you. Anything else you would like to ask? I’ll have to write down a list!

That's so exciting! Are you going to pick up your ring? (I saw it earlier in the thread... absolutely gorgeous). Photos would be wonderful, but just enjoy your time and tell us what you see!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those rings on the first photos! How did I miss this??
I clicked on this thread because I thought it said “oh my Kubota!”.
I love my Kubota LOL
And I love your Kataokas!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pics.

I love those rings on the first photos! How did I miss this??
I clicked on this thread because I thought it said “oh my Kubota!”.
I love my Kubota LOL
And I love your Kataokas!!
:lol: Kubota as in farm equipment? I'll hit you up if I'm ever in the market for some!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am HORRIBLE at taking pictures... and only having an iPhone 6 doesn’t help! But I am over the moon with my new ring!!! The paraiba just GLOWS. None of these pics have been altered in any way other than cropping. No filters here!

Apologies for my skin. It is super sensitive and marks up really easily (as in I accidentally scratch it and it will become red and blotchy). The necklaces are not irritating at all, I promise. It’s 100% my crazy skin.

Anis thinks the less is more necklace would be fine being worn 24/7 as he has a friend who has worn hers for 4 years straight!

I have so many pictures it’s hard to choose... and the quality is so terrible =\ sorry! Have to rush so these are just a few teaser pics to start :)

They only had the snowflake earrings in African opal in the Tokyo store but the size is the same as with the diamond pair. They are delicate and very pretty. I do worry (as I do with all studs because I’m a klutz) that they may fall out at some point if kept in at all times. If this isn’t an issue for you it should be fine.

816AED8C-46DC-4B16-99E9-BD0A5F44E62D.jpeg
54E3EFBB-32B5-4DEA-957A-30F464C17899.jpeg 60FC6957-48F4-4D25-A81C-BFB85B3B71E5.jpeg 195BC845-EDEB-49B2-BD21-DF6BC6B71DC3.jpeg 54AD8D8D-2154-4633-B474-EC47F00D8591.jpeg 7BF5CD6B-E8B5-42F8-921C-71EF58DC91AA.jpeg

M

maru8888777

That is one amazing ring! Thank you for sharing the photos with us, and for asking about the studs/necklace. I love the opal earrings, too! I don't think I had seen them before. I'm very tempted!

I am HORRIBLE at taking pictures... and only having an iPhone 6 doesn’t help! But I am over the moon with my new ring!!! The paraiba just GLOWS. None of these pics have been altered in any way other than cropping. No filters here!

Apologies for my skin. It is super sensitive and marks up really easily (as in I accidentally scratch it and it will become red and blotchy). The necklaces are not irritating at all, I promise. It’s 100% my crazy skin.

Anis thinks the less is more necklace would be fine being worn 24/7 as he has a friend who has worn hers for 4 years straight!

I have so many pictures it’s hard to choose... and the quality is so terrible =\ sorry! Have to rush so these are just a few teaser pics to start :)

They only had the snowflake earrings in African opal in the Tokyo store but the size is the same as with the diamond pair. They are delicate and very pretty. I do worry (as I do with all studs because I’m a klutz) that they may fall out at some point if kept in at all times. If this isn’t an issue for you it should be fine.

54E3EFBB-32B5-4DEA-957A-30F464C17899.jpeg 60FC6957-48F4-4D25-A81C-BFB85B3B71E5.jpeg 195BC845-EDEB-49B2-BD21-DF6BC6B71DC3.jpeg 54AD8D8D-2154-4633-B474-EC47F00D8591.jpeg 7BF5CD6B-E8B5-42F8-921C-71EF58DC91AA.jpeg

M

maru8888777

Also, did they provide the paraiba, or did you have it? It's gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This stuff is seriously beautiful. Holy. Moly.

cheers--Sharon

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone!

The paraiba was mine, purchased from Yvonne on Etsy some years ago. I’ve been hanging onto it, waiting for the right setting for ages! Kataoka set it into a custom snowflake ring for me :)

As per Anis, he had to modify the whole design and instead of the usual 3 layer model they work with, made a new 5 layer design to suit the size of the stone with larger diamonds.

M

maru8888777

Thank you everyone!

The paraiba was mine, purchased from Yvonne on Etsy some years ago. I’ve been hanging onto it, waiting for the right setting for ages! Kataoka set it into a custom snowflake ring for me :)

As per Anis, he had to modify the whole design and instead of the usual 3 layer model they work with, made a new 5 layer design to suit the size of the stone with larger diamonds.

It's the stuff of dreams! I love that snowflake design. Enjoy your ring!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if you have a name for your engagement ring but I think "Tempest" works :)

Syilop

Rough_Rock

Hi, for days now, I have been stalking the Kataoka website and instagram, and am really interested in getting the Diamond Snowflake necklace Victorian.

Is your necklace in beige gold or rose gold?

Also, I know the material is diamond and 18k gold, but are you ever conscious of cracking, scratching, or tarnishing for wearing the necklace?

Do you wear it at night or in the shower too?

Thanks in advance!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, for days now, I have been stalking the Kataoka website and instagram, and am really interested in getting the Diamond Snowflake necklace Victorian.

Is your necklace in beige gold or rose gold?

Also, I know the material is diamond and 18k gold, but are you ever conscious of cracking, scratching, or tarnishing for wearing the necklace?

Do you wear it at night or in the shower too?

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry to say I do not actually own the necklaces- I went to pick up my ring and tried them on at the request of a PSer and took some photos to show.

When I tried it on, I was not conscious of it scratching me. The red marks on my neck are literally because my skim is crazy and marks even when I accidentally brush against it with a fingernail. I have dermatography and my skin is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive. It goes red and blotchy with welts even if I carry my handbag on my arm. Through a layer of clothing.

From memory, the necklace was very comfortable. I don’t wear necklaces usually but it was easily as comfortable as (or more so) than my diamond Barbara pendant from BGD.

I have not noticed that there has been any change in colour to the gold of my kataoka rings or earrings. I own them all in beige gold. My crown ring is about 2 years old. The Paraiba is half a year old and my pearl studs (earlier in the thread) are the oldest at several years old. I have not had any issues with any of the pieces I have purchased at all!

Although I would not personally wear the necklace in the shower (I always take all pieces off before I shower), Anis did tell me that he has a friend who owns the snowflake necklace and she apparently never takes it off and showers with it on. It is a very delicate piece.

Syilop

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry to say I do not actually own the necklaces- I went to pick up my ring and tried them on at the request of a PSer and took some photos to show.

When I tried it on, I was not conscious of it scratching me. The red marks on my neck are literally because my skim is crazy and marks even when I accidentally brush against it with a fingernail. I have dermatography and my skin is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive. It goes red and blotchy with welts even if I carry my handbag on my arm. Through a layer of clothing.

From memory, the necklace was very comfortable. I don’t wear necklaces usually but it was easily as comfortable as (or more so) than my diamond Barbara pendant from BGD.

I have not noticed that there has been any change in colour to the gold of my kataoka rings or earrings. I own them all in beige gold. My crown ring is about 2 years old. The Paraiba is half a year old and my pearl studs (earlier in the thread) are the oldest at several years old. I have not had any issues with any of the pieces I have purchased at all!

Although I would not personally wear the necklace in the shower (I always take all pieces off before I shower), Anis did tell me that he has a friend who owns the snowflake necklace and she apparently never takes it off and showers with it on. It is a very delicate piece.

Thank you for replying so quickly, and taking the time out of your day to explain this!

Out of curiosity, was the necklace that you tried on that day (in the pictures you posted) in beige gold or rose gold? Do you remember?

Thanks so much!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tbh I don’t quite remember, sorry! They seem to look like yellow gold on my skin there (a bit different to my ring).

To be fair, because the chain is so very fine, the difference between yellow and beige gold is very subtle (far more subtle than yellow and rose gold).

Syilop

Rough_Rock
So I'm apparently very bad at photographing jewelry! But I have two Kataoka necklaces and I love them. Their chains are so delicate and glittery.

One is a tassel necklace from their Less Is More collection and the other is a snowflake necklace. The snowflake necklace is supposedly rose gold but it looks like yellow gold to me. I got them a while ago when they were less expensive.

I really want that crown ring and the snowflake earrings but everything is so pricey now. It's hard to justify.

20181020_233906.jpg

20181020_234039.jpg

Hey! I just saw that you own the necklace that I’m considering to buy. If it isn’t too much of a hassle, do you mind posting a couple more photos of the snowflake diamond Victorian necklace?

thank you in advance <3

Syilop

Rough_Rock

Hey, I just want to make sure. The snowflake necklace in this picture here is the rose-cut diamond necklace right? Diamond Snowflake necklace- Victorian

Not the regular diamond one: Sakura necklace

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it was the rose cut... but tbh I can’t remember for sure now!

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'll play! I have two of Kataoka's pieces- first up are these pearl and diamond earrings. They were my very first kataoka purchase, made several years ago in store in Tokyo. Loved them!

FFB41FB8-E7F7-4C0B-8D21-78C9D0ECC84C.jpeg

6A154B14-9503-443D-8F35-0AEC3899DB15.jpeg

The second piece I have is also the crown ring- but with MRBs rather than rose cuts. I love this piece! I decided to get mine in a stockist in Osaka during my last visit after stalking pics of yours in another thread lol! The bonus was that they hadn't put up their prices yet with the yearly price increases... AND they did tax back (which Kataoka's actual store in Tokyo doesn't do). So I got to pay the japanese price minus tax! yay!
1108C0E0-8B0C-4AF7-9155-84AC0FB72BB5.jpeg

1F2F050C-E11A-4D0E-97B6-F009794E35B3.jpeg

So jealous of your gorgeous Kataoka collection. His pieces are exquisite and delicate- but sooo expensive :wall:

I appreciate the aesthetic and workmanship that goes into these though. He handmakes everything in that tiny little workshop, refines all the gold from recycled electrical circuitry... it’s all very artisan. Guess that’s what I’m paying for!

hi! i know this post was from a while ago, but i was wondering if you had any shots of these earrings worn on-ear, as i’m currently considering these :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hi! i know this post was from a while ago, but i was wondering if you had any shots of these earrings worn on-ear, as i’m currently considering these :)

sure thing! Sorry for the quality of the pics. My husband took them for me and didn’t even notice the earring wasn’t on straight.
81A6524A-8A53-454A-8F7C-99DF4C2209DC.jpeg D054B755-198A-4A8F-8BE1-49C43C997410.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results