shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh my Kataoka!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been a huge fan of Kataoka since I first discovered his jewelry in 2014. I collected a few things here and there, and thought I'd share some pics. Please post if you have any of his pieces!

First up, the crown ring. 0.68 ctw of rose cut & brilliant cut diamonds, set in 18K yellow gold. Fun fact: there are two rose cuts in each station, stacked, to enhance the appearance of the top stone. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get this ring to look its best in photos.

uZ7Muh13R2ytm4UNCM+3OQ.jpg ZsM0ji+2R%6GSGnVA%KvoA.jpg IMG_4560.JPG

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, the snowflake earrings. These are much less camera-shy. Specs per the Kataoka site:
  • Diamond (total) 0.46 ct.
  • Center stone is two rose cut diamond set back to back
    (0.15 ct. and 0.055 ct.)
  • Size (snowflake): 3.5 mm x 3.5 mm
  • Picture: 18k beige gold
+iEVrpr8SgGSw76MV6UmMg.jpg UjunQa%yTjWF5f9AHZJPAg.jpg 1h+YvnYVQDyUqodTN4G29g.jpg IEp1JOXGQKiyes%kSmIiWw.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, I bought these two rings to be worn stacked. The flower ring is 0.12ctw in 18K yellow gold and designed to be stacked. The platinum half eternity band is 0.13 ctw. These two are also in my avatar.
fullsizeoutput_10de.jpeg fullsizeoutput_10da.jpeg lHfEaX2TS+eQP%pxkd1eZQ.jpg xu%gdw0CRDSK88rwrPw0YQ.jpg fullsizeoutput_10d6.jpeg x0VY8QqdRa6AmbE09724Hw.jpg %SLKuD++Sr2CggTbULbuiQ.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, some color! Natural unheated 0.35 ct sugarloaf ruby, 0.45 ctw paraiba tourmalines, and 0.10 ctw diamond accents. This was also a pain to photograph!

KONgcyyLQu2meX+44iaW8A.jpg %uvMlbjZTB2bgcAljvrpaQ.jpg
jgPXAffKRiGdEPdnMq+3HQ.jpg d5UcSzTxTyq77DAWD8YNVA.jpg qB2a%GnCT6uDSZM5PgkLtg.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last, my engagement ring. I've posted this in a few other places as well, so apologies for the repeat. Center stone was my own, and for our 10th anniversary we visited Kataoka in Japan to have him reset it. I knew I loved the snowflake design so I let him run with it. This was cast from Kataoka's hand carving.

Specs: 1.02 ct center stone, F color, VVS2 (prev. noted as 1.03 erroneously in other posts), with 0.38 ctw melee. Size 5.5.

SnLpyBKgTTGe8Q1C5AFnAw.jpg Nqt27xB0Styu%IfmFD5UlA.jpg 2fGioJT8QWKoSWEoNoHoSg.jpg IMG_4308.JPG iA%q1hEoRJ+a1NnKwcafUw.jpg 0lz+zHO3S6eru3iqiYOGSg.jpg lHMseljkSASK4jcLxhp5gQ.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, unique pieces! Thanks for sharing all of them!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your aesthetic. Like I said in the crescent club thread, your taste is like the adult lady style I aspire to have when i grow up.

Kah tah oh kah (hooked on phonics worked for me!):lol-2: is ladylike, not girly, kinda floral but in an architectural way. Delicate but not dainty. Balanced as duck. Deceptively simple. Love at first sight.:lickout::love::appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All are extremely beautiful! Can we get some more angles of that crown ring?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, unique pieces! Thanks for sharing all of them!!
Thank you!

I love your aesthetic. Like I said in the crescent club thread, your taste is like the adult lady style I aspire to have when i grow up.

Kah tah oh kah (hooked on phonics worked for me!):lol-2: is ladylike, not girly, kinda floral but in an architectural way. Delicate but not dainty. Balanced as duck. Deceptively simple. Love at first sight.:lickout::love::appl:
Thanks PB! I'm flattered. :kiss2:

All are extremely beautiful! Can we get some more angles of that crown ring?
Sure! Here are more pics; luckily, the indirect light indoors is much more flattering. As I was taking them, I noticed that it's stamped 0.70 ctw, not 0.68 ctw as I noted in my first post. My memory isn't what it used to be! :???:

9T+bIhN2TnuLvX+dA0qFzQ.jpg gO66JsnwSCyqF2wEzBEkyQ.jpg sCvmnSIJR3KOCHTrsnyDBw.jpg iXb3gfslT6+ye1t2E9fdLQ.jpg YTQ7Z0P7RQm9qOXQxwagIw.jpg zydO17RjR2aBBVOcmFLb%Q.jpg UMHqkZp7SjG582TI0nJ5FA.jpg vFGKuRwhSE6+f7vUYUVMLA.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I've been a huge fan of Kataoka since I first discovered his jewelry in 2014. I collected a few things here and there, and thought I'd share some pics. Please post if you have any of his pieces!

First up, the crown ring. 0.68 ctw of rose cut & brilliant cut diamonds, set in 18K yellow gold. Fun fact: there are two rose cuts in each station, stacked, to enhance the appearance of the top stone. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get this ring to look its best in photos.

uZ7Muh13R2ytm4UNCM+3OQ.jpg ZsM0ji+2R%6GSGnVA%KvoA.jpg IMG_4560.JPG

Exquisite :love:

Thank you for sharing!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're all so pretty! I love this designer's delicate but powerful sense of style.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:mrgreen:Very beautiful and unusual. Very interesting how they stacked the rose cuts. Is your engagement stone a crisscut?

Q

Queenie60

Lovely collection. Always nice when you find a designer that you like.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll play! I have two of Kataoka's pieces- first up are these pearl and diamond earrings. They were my very first kataoka purchase, made several years ago in store in Tokyo. Loved them!

FFB41FB8-E7F7-4C0B-8D21-78C9D0ECC84C.jpeg

6A154B14-9503-443D-8F35-0AEC3899DB15.jpeg

The second piece I have is also the crown ring- but with MRBs rather than rose cuts. I love this piece! I decided to get mine in a stockist in Osaka during my last visit after stalking pics of yours in another thread lol! The bonus was that they hadn't put up their prices yet with the yearly price increases... AND they did tax back (which Kataoka's actual store in Tokyo doesn't do). So I got to pay the japanese price minus tax! yay!
1108C0E0-8B0C-4AF7-9155-84AC0FB72BB5.jpeg

1F2F050C-E11A-4D0E-97B6-F009794E35B3.jpeg

So jealous of your gorgeous Kataoka collection. His pieces are exquisite and delicate- but sooo expensive :wall:

I appreciate the aesthetic and workmanship that goes into these though. He handmakes everything in that tiny little workshop, refines all the gold from recycled electrical circuitry... it’s all very artisan. Guess that’s what I’m paying for!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Queenie60 & @icy_jade !

@Crystal_Dreams I was hoping to see you here! I recalled that you were also a fan. Those earrings are so elegant and you have really nice hands! The crown looks lovely on you.

Did you meet Anis when you were at the shop? He works really closely with Mr. Kataoka to manage the business. I was chatting with Anis earlier this week and he said that prices keep going up because they can’t keep up with demand, and they don’t want to mass produce things. Might as well buy what you love before it get even more expensive. :D

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next, the snowflake earrings. These are much less camera-shy. Specs per the Kataoka site:
  • Diamond (total) 0.46 ct.
  • Center stone is two rose cut diamond set back to back
    (0.15 ct. and 0.055 ct.)
  • Size (snowflake): 3.5 mm x 3.5 mm
  • Picture: 18k beige gold
+iEVrpr8SgGSw76MV6UmMg.jpg UjunQa%yTjWF5f9AHZJPAg.jpg 1h+YvnYVQDyUqodTN4G29g.jpg IEp1JOXGQKiyes%kSmIiWw.jpg
These are so dreamy!!!! Love them. All of the lovely pieces in this thread look like they came straight out of a fairytale!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@JPie I wish I had met Anis! I think he was away on a trip when I visited, but I have emailed back and forth with him a few times with regards to custom projects that didn’t happen. Sadly, they didn’t get back to me for awhile and when they did, they told me the quote they had given me wasn’t valid any longer (there was a significant increase in price!) :( I understand they are super busy, but it was a bit disappointing.

Having said that, I still love kataoka’s pieces and it hasn’t stopped me from drooling over them! I have to say, your ering had me researching Criss cuts for ages. I first saw it on kataoka’s Instagram and was absolutely blown away! (It IS a criss cut, right?)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these pieces! There is something so, so delicate & pretty about them. And the crown ring is by far my favourite. It just sings to me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely!!! :love: The floral design reminds me of some of the VCA floral lines, except more delicate. These are beautiful, unique pieces!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous stuff!

cheers--Sharon

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful pieces!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie I wish I had met Anis! I think he was away on a trip when I visited, but I have emailed back and forth with him a few times with regards to custom projects that didn’t happen. Sadly, they didn’t get back to me for awhile and when they did, they told me the quote they had given me wasn’t valid any longer (there was a significant increase in price!) :( I understand they are super busy, but it was a bit disappointing.

Having said that, I still love kataoka’s pieces and it hasn’t stopped me from drooling over them! I have to say, your ering had me researching Criss cuts for ages. I first saw it on kataoka’s Instagram and was absolutely blown away! (It IS a criss cut, right?)

I’m sorry to hear about the custom projects falling through. That’s so disappointing. Anis is on the road a lot but I’m surprised they didn’t honor the original quote.

And yes, the ering is a Christopher Designd Crisscut.

@goldenfire @Alex T @diamondseeker2006 @canuk-gal @HS4S_2 @kathley @stonewell Thanks for the kind words!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last, my engagement ring. I've posted this in a few other places as well, so apologies for the repeat. Center stone was my own, and for our 10th anniversary we visited Kataoka in Japan to have him reset it. I knew I loved the snowflake design so I let him run with it. This was cast from Kataoka's hand carving.

Specs: 1.02 ct center stone, F color, VVS2 (prev. noted as 1.03 erroneously in other posts), with 0.38 ctw melee. Size 5.5.

SnLpyBKgTTGe8Q1C5AFnAw.jpg Nqt27xB0Styu%IfmFD5UlA.jpg 2fGioJT8QWKoSWEoNoHoSg.jpg IMG_4308.JPG iA%q1hEoRJ+a1NnKwcafUw.jpg 0lz+zHO3S6eru3iqiYOGSg.jpg lHMseljkSASK4jcLxhp5gQ.jpg
Love!!!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results