shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh My Good Gravy :)

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
So, my bf and I are ridiculously close. We tell one another absolutely EVERYTHING. He's truly just my prince- I could not imagine a more perfect man for me.

Anyways, this weekend we went out with my best friend for her birthday. She recently got engaged- and he knows I very much am hesitant about her engagement. (No details, but trust- this is not a jealousy issue- she's truly settling) On our way home we were discussing some things that were said over the night that just didn't sit well with either of us.

and then...

BF told me "I'm already planning how I will pop the question to you... and I've gotta get on the ball!"

I can't even explain to you how EXCITED I am about this!!!

So my question...

We've not yet looked at rings- and he's commented many times that he knows that every girl has their own taste in jewelry- and I clearly have unique likes/dislikes. He said he definitely wants to go to look at rings together- but he will never buy anything with me there in the store (which... is perfect... I'd rather have a surprise!) He's told me that probably half a dozen times--- I don't know if that's kind of his way of wanting me to say... hey, let's go look at rings... or... what. I guess I have no idea what kind of timeline he's looking at... Fairly certain it will be within the year- or he wouldn't be planning it out in his head already. I guess I just want him to instigate that conversation of going to look at rings.

While I'm on here, and just gushing like a little girl about him.

This weekend we were planning out our summer vacation together. We were on the phone with his sister and she just flat out asked if we were going on vaca to elope. Hadn't crossed either of our minds at all. I guess his whole family believes that we are going to. Which, I kind of find funny. His mom is afraid that we might- which we would never do. Now, just go off with parents and a few close friends- YES, that'd be perfect to me- but not eloping! His sister also said something pretty flattering- I've only met his parents one time- they live in a different state. The time that they met me- his sister said- on the way back they told her they just knew that we were going to get married. At that point we hadn't really discussed it- so I guess that was a nice thing to say.

Second, I'm soooo excited to see just how he asks me to marry him. Like I said, we are SO close- and just adore one another. He is also one of the most thoughtful men I've ever met in my whole life. We're not huge on gifts, but when he has given me things- he puts SO much thought into every aspect of it all! He just told me- I will be completely blown away when it all happens. I'm not even going to try to figure out what will happen- but I'm GIDDY thinking about the whole thing.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

To answer your question, I think he will let you know when it's time to look at rings. He seems pretty on top of it. I wouldn't do anything more than looking in a jewelry store window as the two of you walk past. :)

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I agree with amc that he will let you know when he wants to go look at rings. I went through this same thing a couple months ago with my BF because he said he would want my help to look at rings and so I started obsessing over whether I should bring it up on my own and ask him to go. Well, I didn't, and sure enough, he surprised me when we were on vacation by suggesting we look at rings. It was a fun experience to do that with him, but even more so because he brought it up and I didn't have to. So, don't sweat it - he'll let you know when he wants to go. This is a big purchase, and if he's a guy who wants your input, he's not going to go ahead without it just because you didn't ask to go shopping. Have fun! :love:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
That's so exciting!!! I know exactly the feeling you are getting when you describe getting giddy! Every time I think about BF proposing and how he might do it, I get the same feeling. So much so that I can't help but smile to myself. :love:

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Ok, ok I will wait til he brings it up... :twirl: He asked to see a picture of my best friend's e-ring so I used that as an excuse to kinda peruse through some pretty sparklies online.

Thanks ladies for the input. We are going away to a wedding in a LONG car-trip (12 hours there and back) in a few weekends. I'm so excited for our first real 'trip' away together. Just knowing how we are- we'll probably talk the entire time.

This weekend we were talking in one of our famous Saturday all-nighters (we get talking and don't stop til like 4-5 am... it's ridiculous! but always good conversations), and somehow got on the topic of what wedding colors we will have and who will be in the wedding party... lol. --All of the sudden he was like "WAIT, we're not even engaged- WHAT are we talking about??" But, I love that he and I can wonder into these topics and it just seems so natural!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
This stroy is SO cute. Congrats and good luck in the near future!!! DUST!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results