shape
carat
color
clarity

OH MY GOD...we have a date!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
the day i never thought would arrive is here.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
i''m pumped. after getting engaged, struggling with where to have the wedding, deciding, beginning church prep, moving across country, & beginning the whole process again, WE HAVE A DATE!!!! finally heard confirmation back on our engaged encounters weekend & called to officially book the church today! scary thing is, it''s less than 6 mos away & i have minimal planning done. oh well, i''ll get there!

SEPTEMBER 18th, here we come!

gonna be a busy beaver this weekend, printing & addressing STDs. but yay
36.gif
36.gif

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!

Happy planning! :) people thought I was crazy choosing a date exactly 6 mts from the engagement date but I''m terribly excited to marry him!

Are DIY''ing your std''s??

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your date.

9/18/2010

September 18, 2010

It has a nice look to it!
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the date being picked!!!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on setting a date. By the time we are married, my fiance and I will have had a 7-month engagement. It is PLENTY of time. You will have to choose the big picture things (venues/vendors) quickly, but after that, you''ll have plenty of time to plan the details. At least that has been my experience. I''m guessing the weeks leading up to the wedding will be busy like the first few weeks of the engagement, but 6 months is totally doable.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on picking your date lulu! I''ve been following your threads about being stressed out about all your wedding plans (or lack of plans due to moving and all). Have fun planning in speed-mode now!
2.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 5:33:26 PM
Author: FutureMrsMRS
Congrats!!

Happy planning! :) people thought I was crazy choosing a date exactly 6 mts from the engagement date but I''m terribly excited to marry him!

Are DIY''ing your std''s??

STDs are DIY-ed. they are postcards...i posted them on here at some point, looking for some editing help. i''ve changed them a bit since that post but i''ll make another thread once they are all done.

a 13 month engagement w/6 mos to plan
3.gif
i''m crazy.

no, it will all come together. in my mind a lot of it is planned already & vendors are being met w/very shortly (if we haven''t met w/them already!).

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You are going to be a busy little bee, how exciting!!
9.gif

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Oh, can''t wait to see them!

And yes, it''ll all come together!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu--The title of this thread made me smile.
9.gif

YAY for picking a date!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! :)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Another
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
for you! That is too exciting! Congrats!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh yay! September is the BEST time to have a wedding!!!! that planning will come along in no time :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Are we life twins? The same hiccups happened to us, and when we finally decided on a date, we had minimal time for planning. But, it worked out, and you have plenty of time for an amazing wedding!

Congrats!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for sharing in my excitement, ladies!

Date: 4/21/2010 10:39:46 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Are we life twins? The same hiccups happened to us, and when we finally decided on a date, we had minimal time for planning. But, it worked out, and you have plenty of time for an amazing wedding!

Congrats!!

and,BR, sure we can be life twins??
9.gif
how did the cross country move work out for you? we''re adjusting, slowly but surely.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! September 18th is a lovely date. Congrats!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
lulu - congrats!!! it must feel SO good!!! now you can do the fun stuff :D we also just set our date, and it already feels like a HUGE load off. your wedding will be lovely, whether you have 6 months or 6 years to plan! :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:46:37 AM
Author: lulu66

Congrats!!

9.gif
how did the cross country move work out for you? we''re adjusting, slowly but surely.
Yay! We are still adjusting as well, but so far, so good! Did you move east-to-west to west-to-east?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 3:32:43 PM

Congrats!!

9.gif

Yay! We are still adjusting as well, but so far, so good! Did you move east-to-west to west-to-east?

we moved west. from KY to the smallest town in CA (i seriously think this is the smallest town in the whole state!). so, we''re trying to adjust to country living. i thought i was pretty good at that coming from KY but this is on a whole new level
37.gif
but we''re dealing. for me, the hardest was leaving all of my best friends. we were all super close & had lived in the same town (mostly together) for 12 years. now i''m here with fiance & our dogs but no real friends yet. i know it takes time, though. how about you all east-to-west or west-to-east?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 6:01:37 PM

Congrats!!

9.gif

we moved west. from KY to the smallest town in CA (i seriously think this is the smallest town in the whole state!). so, we''re trying to adjust to country living. i thought i was pretty good at that coming from KY but this is on a whole new level

37.gif
but we''re dealing. for me, the hardest was leaving all of my best friends. we were all super close & had lived in the same town (mostly together) for 12 years. now i''m here with fiance & our dogs but no real friends yet. i know it takes time, though. how about you all east-to-west or west-to-east?

We did east-to-west as well. WV to CO. Small town to big city. We are still getting used to it, and have few people we know. It''s so tough to meet new people after a certain age. Are you northern or southern CA?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 11:35:18 PM
Date: 4/23/2010 6:01:37 PM

Congrats!!

9.gif

37.gif

We did east-to-west as well. WV to CO. Small town to big city. We are still getting used to it, and have few people we know. It''s so tough to meet new people after a certain age. Are you northern or southern CA?

we haven''t quite figured out if we''re considered in northern or southern cali yet (sad, i know). we''re in that weird in between that isn''t northern or southern...central, i guess. really, it took me the first month to figure that out
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
i''m not the fastest.

it is really hard to meet people & it seems like since this is a smaller, more isolated town, the few people our age are married & have [many] kiddos. which is great but it just means their priority is not making new friends; they more than likely grew up here & know everybody they want to. but big cities are tough too. that can be overwhelming. colorado is beautiful though!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I bet uh... central CA is beautiful too!
2.gif
There are so many places in CA that we want to visit! Hubs and I would prefer a smaller city than where we''re at now, but a big city had a bigger chance of finding a job. So, here we are. I love it so far. I''ve thought about joining some groups or something on meetup.com, but I''m pretty shy, but I''ve got to meet some girl friends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results