shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh... bloody HECK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
CAT PEE.

We decided to try those litter crystals instead of clumping sand and I guess the Siamese doesn''t fancy it. He decided that one of the Restortion Hardware sofas would be his new litterbox. Not just once, but repeatedly. I''m so irritated right now...

I''ve used about a 2 gallons of Petastic (the original Nature''s Miracle formula) on it and covered it with wee wee pads - but he scratched up the pads and peed some more. I''m thinking this piece is a lost cause, but I''m going to try some of the peroxide, baking soda, oyxyclean and other tips I''ve read online.

Just wondering (hoping) if anyone here has a cat pee removal success story they could share.

29.gif
_____
29.gif
_____
29.gif
_____
29.gif
_____
29.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh no! For starters -- I think covering the sofa with wee wee pads was a bad idea! They have some kind of scent in them that ATTRACTS animals to pee there. That probably confused the cat even more! Covering with thick plastic sheets (like ones used in hospitals) or something else scent proof & waterproof is probably a better idea while you sort out the cleaning of it.

ALWAYS change litter (or food) SLOWLY to get cats adjusted. Ours act out when anything is upset. Most recently one peed on our ELECTRIC STOVE HEATING ELEMENT. Aiigh. We really thought we were going to need a new STOVE. Got it sorted thank goodness -- but the fix was not FUN.

Maybe a professional upolstery cleaning svc? Try that before disposing of the whole couch for sure.

GOOD LUCK!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remove the cover and clean it separate then have the foam replaced.
That is the only 100% way.
Replacing the foam isn''t that expensive at an furniture repair shop.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm.. on a sidenote.. I HATE litter crystals. They''re bouncy little urine soaked balls that ended up ALL OVER our apartment.

UGH! Hate hate hate!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Once we rented a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet, and said "what the heck, let''s try it". We sprayed the cat peed sofa with the PetZyme, and used the carpet cleaner to clean it afterwords. Then we took it outside to dry in the CA sun. It worked pretty well, but I didn''t think it was worth the hassle. Moving sofa is not fun.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhhh, DecoD. I had a cat that pooped in a floor heating grate once. I thought I would die.

I''ve saturated the two afflicted cushions with white vinegar/peroxide (50/50). It doesn''t smell like cat pee at the moment ... more like a monkey crap salad. It''s just festering over there. I''m going to whip up some baking soda paste in a while. GEEEEZ.

I am going to have the slip covers cleaned and the sofa guts dealt with, somehow - thanks Strm... In the mean time, I''m playing mad scientist.

No more crystals... back to klumpy kitty sand. I was hoping it would help with tracking (I have black floors)... and poop-munching puppies. Gross.

I love my pets.

mad_scientist.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ninama, I have absolutely no advice to offer you (just lots of sympathy!), but I want to tell you that "monkey crap salad" is the most hilarious phrase I''ve read all day.

I hope you get it sorted out--if it makes you feel any better, my very large dog had a massive diahrrea attack this week after drinking some stagnant water while on a hike in New Hampshire. I used so much bleach that I couldn''t smell (or taste) anything for two days.

The joys of pet ownership.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ninama I am so sorry that is the worst but man your writing cracked me up. Could not stop laughing about your description of the heating grate incident and the smell of the cushions. Pets are creative little guys. Luck with the clean up!

Mrs.2Artists

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results