shape
carat
color
clarity

October2008bride is MARRIED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 3:19:30 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Wow, October...you are a stunning couple! Congratulations! I''m terribly sorry to hear that you were feeling bad, but it sounds like you were surrounded by the warmth of love and family...which I''m sure more than made up for it!

Beautiful pictures, btw (who is your photographer?) One of my favorites is the one of you two coming out of the church and being showered with petals. I dream of doing this for my own wedding, but often wonder about the logistics (being that you leave the church before your guests, how do you get them to line the walkway outside the church?) If you have a minute, please let me know how you made this happen. Thanks!
Thanks IDOC! I credit the flower toss to my best friend/MOH who did it at her wedding so I knew what to do. We did the ''receiving line'' at the church - so when we walked out of the church, there was a bit of a foyer where we stood with our parents and as the guests left the church, we greeted them and my bridesmaids handed out the petals. The guests then waited along the stairs for us to exit and once we had greeted everyone, we made the big exit!!!

It was hilarious - people were seriously THROWING the petals at as - it is not as graceful as the pictures show but it was fun! I had to pick a few out of the top of my dress haha. Plus someone stepped on my train at the end but all in all it was a fun part.

I almost didn''t do it - I was so tired of cutting paper after doing the rounded corner fan programs that I gave up on the petal cones. My best friend had just flown in on the Thursday night and convinced me to do it - she had a great idea of using paper doilies (you know the paper snowflake looking things?) since they were already round! I''m really glad I did it though!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats October
36.gif
You look beautiful and your photos are very glamourous
30.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Congratulations!! What church did you use for your ceremony, it is breathtaking?!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I am late to this party but may I just say - CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look AMAZING! Absolutely gorgeous - that dress is amazing.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous wedding! Your pics are stunning and you were just beautiful on your wedding day! Can I ask who did you hair and makeup?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations...

And I loved, loved, loved picture #3...and #5 (you can see the emotion in your face).

Everything was beautiful!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:23:39 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Wow what a gorgeous wedding! Your pics are stunning and you were just beautiful on your wedding day! Can I ask who did you hair and makeup?
Thanks ILTW - it was Angela at www.glossmakeover.com but unfortuantely she is on maternity leave now - she was great though! My bridesmaids all looked fabulous too and were really happy with their hair/makeup.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:32:05 PM
Author: October2008bride

Date: 10/23/2008 4:23:39 PM
Thanks ILTW - it was Angela at www.glossmakeover.com but unfortuantely she is on maternity leave now - she was great though! My bridesmaids all looked fabulous too and were really happy with their hair/makeup.
Sweet! I will contact her and see just in case. My wedding is in June so maybe she will be back in bussiness by then! If not - I am also trying Lisa Vella. Have you heard anything about her?

www.lisavella.com

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:03:51 PM

Sweet! I will contact her and see just in case. My wedding is in June so maybe she will be back in bussiness by then! If not - I am also trying Lisa Vella. Have you heard anything about her?

www.lisavella.com
I haven''t - but I''ve heard great things about Heather Snowie - give her a try :)

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah, you''re back
36.gif
Your pix are stunning! I loved all of them, but I really like that one of you and your parents walking down King Street. Your wedding day synopsis was amazing, by the way - very descriptive. I''m sorry you were sick on your wedding day, but I''m glad it didn''t ruin your celebration. Congratulations again on your marriage and please post more pix!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:09:09 PM
Author: pocahontas
Yah, you''re back
36.gif
Your pix are stunning! I loved all of them, but I really like that one of you and your parents walking down King Street. Your wedding day synopsis was amazing, by the way - very descriptive. I''m sorry you were sick on your wedding day, but I''m glad it didn''t ruin your celebration. Congratulations again on your marriage and please post more pix!
Thanks Pocahontas! That is one of my fave pics so far too :)

I will post more pics soon (non-pro).

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 3:45:17 PM
Author: meresal
Your pictures are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Congratulations!! What church did you use for your ceremony, it is breathtaking?!
Hi Meresal - the church is St. James Cathedral at King and Chuch in Toronto!

It was gorgeous - and they did a great job organizing everything. I was totally happy with it!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I have a few non-pro pics!

Here is the back of my hair...

back of octobers hair.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
My super cute niece!

cutie flowergirl.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing with my dad at the reception.

dancing with my dad.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Another - my friends thought my dad was hilarious on the dance floor!

dancing with dad2.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Exchanging rings (sorry - out of order)

exchanging rings october.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a pic of our last dance - so fun!

last dance october.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now - have to go to bed! From the last dance as well...

wooooo last dance.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Whooohoooo, look at you Miss "I have dimples for days"....
1.gif

Awesome pictures. I can''t wait for more<------------yeah, big hint!!

Congratulations!!!
35.gif
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Miracles! I used to hate the dimples as a kid - other kids made fun of me for them! Thanks for the sweet comment though!

More pics are forthcoming - I promise!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I love your pictures, and your story made me laugh. Sorry to hear about your back, but I''m happy to hear how successful your wedding was.
My favorite picture is the one you first posted- and the one of you and your dad walking up the aisle with all the guest standing. I absolutely LOVE that one (picture #4), it''s a framer- and one I think your dad will appreciate.
Very sweet!

Tally1977

Rough_Rock
Hi October2008bride,

CONGRATULATIONS! You guys looked absolutely stunning and I can''t wait to see more pics.

I''m brand new on here and trying to get the hang of it. We are getting married next October 2nd, 2009 and we are just about to sign the contract with the Rosewater Room. I love the venue - think it''s so beautiful and minimalist - without being too plain. Plus, I love the little touches there (private entrance, elevator, terrace, etc) and the open bar package. With my relatives, that will be a good thing. LOL

Anyhow, I am dying to talk to someone who had their wedding there before I sign on the dotted line. Would love to know how it went, how the food was, etc. I think you are back from your honeymoon (or should be soon) - can you please let me know ASAP?

Thanks so much and again, you looked gorgeous!

muffindowd

Shiny_Rock
OHHHHHH what an awesome picture!! I can''t wait to see more!! Have an amazing honeymoon...enjoy every minute because it is TOO FAST!!!!!

Tally1977

Rough_Rock
p.s. I only went through the whole post after I sent my original message. I came upon your wedding day synopsis after the fact. I am soooooooo sorry to hear that you were feeling so rotten on the day. What a trooper! Glad to hear that it cleared up for the honeymoon....

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 12:06:44 PM
Author: Tally1977
Hi October2008bride,

CONGRATULATIONS! You guys looked absolutely stunning and I can''t wait to see more pics.

I''m brand new on here and trying to get the hang of it. We are getting married next October 2nd, 2009 and we are just about to sign the contract with the Rosewater Room. I love the venue - think it''s so beautiful and minimalist - without being too plain. Plus, I love the little touches there (private entrance, elevator, terrace, etc) and the open bar package. With my relatives, that will be a good thing. LOL

Anyhow, I am dying to talk to someone who had their wedding there before I sign on the dotted line. Would love to know how it went, how the food was, etc. I think you are back from your honeymoon (or should be soon) - can you please let me know ASAP?

Thanks so much and again, you looked gorgeous!
Hi Tally! The food was outstanding (or so I hear) and the service was impeccable. I would totally recommend it as a great wedding venue. The communication during the year before I found to be lacking, but as the wedding came closer, the coordinator there was totally on top of things.

Sign on the dotted line girl - you won''t regret it!

If you have other questions let me know - I''d send you my email address but can''t on here. Best I could suggest is emailing the coordinator and asking her to send you my email. My wedding was October 4 :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 11:42:31 PM
Author: October2008bride
I love this picture, so sweet!

Great pictures and you are a beautiful couple. Many Congrats
35.gif

Tally1977

Rough_Rock
Hi October2008,

Welcome back from your honeymoon and thank you for responding so quickly! How was the trip?

Am so relieved to hear you had a great experience at RWR and that you''d reco it. I just wanted to hear from someone who''d actually booked there that it was as great as it seems. I am waiting for the contract as we speak!

I would so love to ask you more questions via email - you seem to have be a detail gal like me - and also totally cut of the same cloth when it comes to getting distracted by all the options out there. Miss Decisive is becoming more indecisive by the day. There are so many forums and websites that it''s pretty easy to convince yourself that you "just need to do a litttttle bit more research". On the other hand, I''m so grateful for places like this where I can ask people questions. It''s not like I''ve planned a wedding before...

I will definitely ask the coordinator for your email but don''t want to until I have the contract in hand. One thing at a time.
28.gif

In the meantime, can you tell me if you went for a mediterranean package or one of the more traditional? And if you went with one of the DJs they reco''d or your own? You looked absolutely stunning and your pics were fantastic.

Thanks again for your help!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 2:36:32 PM
Author: Tally1977
Hi October2008,

Welcome back from your honeymoon and thank you for responding so quickly! How was the trip?

Am so relieved to hear you had a great experience at RWR and that you''d reco it. I just wanted to hear from someone who''d actually booked there that it was as great as it seems. I am waiting for the contract as we speak!

I would so love to ask you more questions via email - you seem to have be a detail gal like me - and also totally cut of the same cloth when it comes to getting distracted by all the options out there. Miss Decisive is becoming more indecisive by the day. There are so many forums and websites that it''s pretty easy to convince yourself that you ''just need to do a litttttle bit more research''. On the other hand, I''m so grateful for places like this where I can ask people questions. It''s not like I''ve planned a wedding before...

I will definitely ask the coordinator for your email but don''t want to until I have the contract in hand. One thing at a time.

In the meantime, can you tell me if you went for a mediterranean package or one of the more traditional? And if you went with one of the DJs they reco''d or your own? You looked absolutely stunning and your pics were fantastic.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey Tally - our menu was as follows:

Spinach/Mixed greens salad with roasted pear and goat cheese

Wild Mushroom Risotto (THE BEST)

Beef tenderloin with scallopped potatoes and carrots and asparagus

duo of desserts - creme brule and flourless chocolate cake

So yummy (or so I hear!)

I booked my own dj (Mike from Prodigy Entertainment) - totally recommend him.

So here are a few more pics (non-pro) for everyone!

at the head table.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results