shape
carat
color
clarity

observatory?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daniel456

Rough_Rock
ok....so i got the ring, a beautiful porcelain ring box...now i just need the place.

my gf has been bugging me to go the York University observatory for about 1.5 years now.....we both went to York, but we did not know each other then. i think it would be the perfect time. we go see the stars, then walking around the beautiful campus, i propose....

good? bad? cheesy?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds perfect! Not only is it romantic, but it holds special meaning for the two of you - the ideal combo for a proposal location in my opinion!
9.gif
Good luck!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It sounds great! I love the idea! Good luck!

daniel456

Rough_Rock
plans fell through!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a cloudy night so we skipped the obsevatory. she later asked me if i was planning to propose (because i was acting weird) and i gave in.....i cannot lie to my love!

now i NEED to think of something else!!! restaurant has been "done" by everyone.

i have an idea or two, but do not know how to go about doing it. here it is:

we sometimes like to grab a coffee and park the car near the beach and just talk. she also likes to play "scratch and win" tickets sometimes....i wish i could get a ticket that has "will you marry me?" once the area is scratched....there are some gag gifts that i found on google, but they look so fake. can i make one?

if not that, i might just go to niagara falls or something.

any help???

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great idea!

Tell us about the ring?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 2:37:51 AM
Author: daniel456
plans fell through!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a cloudy night so we skipped the obsevatory. she later asked me if i was planning to propose (because i was acting weird) and i gave in.....i cannot lie to my love!

now i NEED to think of something else!!! restaurant has been ''done'' by everyone.

i have an idea or two, but do not know how to go about doing it. here it is:

we sometimes like to grab a coffee and park the car near the beach and just talk. she also likes to play ''scratch and win'' tickets sometimes....i wish i could get a ticket that has ''will you marry me?'' once the area is scratched....there are some gag gifts that i found on google, but they look so fake. can i make one?

if not that, i might just go to niagara falls or something.

any help???
Oh, I''m sorry your plans fell through!
7.gif

I''m not a fan of the "scratch and win" ticket idea because I favour romantic proposal as opposed to fun proposals.

What about a proposal on the beach at sunset?

daniel456

Rough_Rock
you are right....the fun proposal is not "us"

i will make reservations at really nice restaurant here in toronto (anyone ever eat at nectar???), dress up, ask her parents, pick her up, eat a wonderful meal, drive over to our "special place" and ask herr to marry me!
30.gif

she knows its coming now, so might as well be straight up.

daniel456

Rough_Rock
ok....so engagement went GREAT last saturday. she was sooooooo happy. i asked at her home and then we went for a wonderful (and $$$) dinner. all in all, it was great.

i want to thank everyone at PS forums for helping with everything relating to the e-ring. she loves it and doesnt really understand much about diamonds, but she knows it "sparkles" more than her friends' rings. i saved money and got a stone i was happy with.

we are now in the process of planning the wedding....we already have the church booked (july 21, 2007) and need to find a hall now. i am now on the weddingbells.ca forum...great site for planning a wedding or getting ideas in canada.

thanks again!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I''m so glad to hear it went well even though the observatory plans fell through!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

But now......where are the ring pics?? Handshots please!!!
9.gif
12.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
I'm so glad it went well...
9.gif
Do you have a ring thread? I'm Canadian too, so I'm curious as where you made your purchase, and thanks for the wedding planning link!
28.gif

Ring pics please?
27.gif

daniel456

Rough_Rock
i would love to post ring pics....anyone know what setting i should use on the camera? everytime i try, the pics appear blurry.

i have a 4.0megapixal HP camera with 18x zoom. what settings should i use????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results