shape
carat
color
clarity

Obnoxious People

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Okay- I just have to vent to my fellow PSers because I know you will understand.

Last night I went to a Gala/Charity Auction- cocktail dresses, champagne, people with incredibly too much money. The company I work for had a table. I am extremely new to this Company, to California and I know diddly squat about the people I work with and the same goes for them- they no bupkiss about me.

My sweet bf was out of town at a conference, so I was stag- no biggie (just trying to paint a complete picture here for your reading enjoyment). Well, dinner is over, and the auction is starting and I have reached that happy-full on gormet food, zoned out coma stage and the 2 glasses of champagne are starting to kick in. I had my chin rested against my hands and didn''t realize I was scratching slightly at a tiny dry spot on my face. I wasn''t doing anything obvious- obviously- I didn''t even notice I was doing it-geez!

Well, in front of the TEN others at my table, a co-worker (who shall remain nameless) calls out at me, "Janna, don''t pick at your face, dear." DEAR? Are you kidding me? I am a g-d adult, we are at a formal event and you just SCOLDED me in front of our piers and I don''t even know you?
Of course I didn''t say any of this to avoid looking like a complete crazy person, but instead made the "I am so embarrassed" face. At this point others at the table are curious about what has transpired and ask, "What happened?" to which I answer shortly, "Nothing" casting a cool gaze over at my nameless co-worker who also, smartly (or we would have had words) said, "Nothing". I wanted to die. I felt like I was living a moment in Bridget Jones'' diary.

I AM SO SURE! WHO DOES THAT?
I would appreciate any hilarious comments from you. Please- I need a laugh.

-Janna

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes?
you called?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you handled yourself very well. Oh and the word DEAR from a co-worker???? I would have given her a very cold stare, glad I wasn''t there.
11.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
There are so many things I like about California, but I miss that southern hospitality so easily found in Texas. We are polite to your face and just make the comment behind your back. Hee Hee (only kidding)
12.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
sounds like what your Mom or Dad would say when you are a little child out to dinner! What a snooty biotch!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

obnoxious.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh how rude... cleary that woman has no sense of tact. I doubt she will do well in life if she cannot learn to hold her tounge. Really.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea there''s no excuse for that. Id probably have snapped back with "snooty bitch, stop getting plastic surgery and donate some of that wealth to those who actually need the money".

But that''s because I too am obnoxious.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it took everything in me (especially considering I was working on my third glass of champagne) to hold my tongue. I have to write it off as a character flaw. I think she is just one of those know-it-alls who thinks of anyone younger than her as her children. If I am basically a perfect stranger and she scolds me, imagine the sheer torture she put her own flesh and blood through- BRUTAL!

Ame- you are NOT obnoxious. You ARE HILARIOUS!

Thanks for the tips gals!

I must admit this move to Cali has been a much bigger adjustment than I ever anticipated.

-Janna

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Janna,

I''m so sorry that you have to work with such a rude, obnoxious B**TCH! Unfortunately I have a twofaced co-worker who I absolutely loathe beyond words and keep a smile on my face around her while I imagine a most horrible death for her!

Isn''t it awful?

It makes me feel better so what the heck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was really rude of her sorry you had to go through that!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 3:31:11 AM
Author: Jelly
Unfortunately I have a twofaced co-worker who I absolutely loathe beyond words and keep a smile on my face around her while I imagine a most horrible death for her!

Isn''t it awful?

It makes me feel better so what the heck!
LOL, that must be terribly hard! I''m not sure I could keep that up!

Janna, that was completely obnoxious of that woman!!
11.gif
How unbelieveably rude! But I would probably have done the same thing you did, just bit my tongue.

But that wouldn''t stop me from going home and making a voodoo doll of her
2.gif
hehe, jk. Did you ever make those dolls, I forget if they even had a name, out of toothpicks and some colored string? I think they had little beads as heads...maybe they were supposed to be good luck? I forget...but anyway, I would make one of those and then break off of her arms and legs ;-) hehe. It would make me feel better if nothing else!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results