shape
carat
color
clarity

Obama''s Speech....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang, I stumbled upon PS when I was trying to find some sassy, sexy, smart and supportive ladies while my daughter was planning her wedding...who knew I would find a COMMUNITY!!
30.gif

I can''t help myself from responding because I am a passionate political activist. Personally I think Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same screwed up coin. But then again, I think that there should be no labels for any human beyond, Male/Female/Undecided/Used to Be...
11.gif

And then Adult/Child. Anything after that and everyone thinks they "know" a person based on some label they inherited, chose, or were designated as...
20.gif

At the very core, we are all human children of the universe. We are destroying our eco-system which is directly threatening our species. Just like many other species have become extinct, we are on the same downhill spiral. Second to the destructive of our planet (and on a micro level, we are all part of the earth), violence is the second greatest threat to our longevity.

My father was a gay man, who married my mother right out of catholic school, but came out of the closet and divorced her in the early 60''s. Very brave, even when he contracted AIDS. She refused to divorce and says she would have lived her life as a virgin because her religion prohibited divorce. (I like to tease her and say "Yeah, right, like you could have done that...but honestly, I think she might have...she still goes to church everyday, but is remarried).

Oh, and my totally out gay dad lived with a black man who was divorced with two very lovely daughters. We were too young to get it, and all five of us, me and my two sisters...white...would not think it was abnormal. Until we got back home. Schools were still segregated...wow things have changed. But have they?

I just attended a Jane Goodall speech the other night and hearing her was like hearing myself on a daily basis. Nothing like a bit of validation.
30.gif

Humans are currently the only species on Earth that have the ability to be aware that they are aware. We are the most intelligent species, yet are the only ones that have shown they can join together specifically to destroy each other.
38.gif
39.gif

I hope one day, I dream for the day, that we individually and collectively recognize that we are all human and have the same needs. That one day we will build our social structures to maximize having these needs meet. It''s not odd that people in third world countries are more hospitable and less fearful of strangers (without weapons) than people in America are. Powerful corporations and politicians play to and off of our fear. Our democracy is a fragile experiment and one that would not survive without diligent discourse from the populace. I applaud all of you for caring, for reading this thread, for hoping, and most of all for listening to each other.

Let''s not be violent with each other...unless venting, and that is always good...just see my strangle thread in Brides and Grooms Grooves.
10.gif
But let''s be compassionate as to another point of view and understand that everyone is capable of learning and changing to evolve into more today than they were yesterday.
35.gif

My daughter supports Hillary. I don''t feel that she effectively supports her reasoning for doing so. I suspect it''s because Hillary is a woman. I don''t even have a point here, except to say that I wanted to cancel her vote, but I got disenfranchised during the primary, and I was
29.gif

No President can fix our problems. Congress is a reactive body. Only when the people seize their power will there be change. And until the amazing capacity of the human mind is joined with the depth of compassion in the human heart, will that change occur.

Peace out chickas...love you all. I could type a book on this, but I will spare you for now. I have to go review some floral quotes
32.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the post miraclerule! You''ve lived quite an interesting life. Maybe you should consider writing a real book. I think people would find it enlightening.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 8:30:14 PM
Author: MoonWater
Thanks for the post miraclerule! You''ve lived quite an interesting life. Maybe you should consider writing a real book. I think people would find it enlightening.

So wierd that you would say that. Everyone says that. At some point, I think I should listen to this message.
36.gif

But I don''t anything about writing a book. I just try to use sarcasm and humor to entertain people...and myself. It''s a crazy world
28.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, you are wonderful!

Just do not strangle anyone without just cause! (jk)

Saw this and HAD to laugh...poor Bush, said facetiously, he is NOT leaving a legacy that generations can be proud of...

this is from the April 18th issue of THE WEEK, a great weekly update type ''zine...

in a column called A Good Week and A Bad Week For:

Under the GOOD WEEK mind you...(what follows is a direct quote)

the 43rd President of the U. S., after a San Francisco community group launched an initiative to rename the Oceanside Wastewater Treatment Facility the "George W. Bush Sewage Plant". Organizers said the name would provide the president with an "appropriate and enduring legacy".

Could not resist this.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2008 12:58:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
Miracles, you are wonderful!

Just do not strangle anyone without just cause! (jk)

Saw this and HAD to laugh...poor Bush, said facetiously, he is NOT leaving a legacy that generations can be proud of...

this is from the April 18th issue of THE WEEK, a great weekly update type ''zine...

in a column called A Good Week and A Bad Week For:

Under the GOOD WEEK mind you...(what follows is a direct quote)

the 43rd President of the U. S., after a San Francisco community group launched an initiative to rename the Oceanside Wastewater Treatment Facility the ''George W. Bush Sewage Plant''. Organizers said the name would provide the president with an ''appropriate and enduring legacy''.

Could not resist this.
Well, considering that any that "constitutional" considerations have been going down the crapper under Bush, it''s even more fitting.
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Political talk and a dose of reality - making promises is easy. Delivering on those promises - not so much.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/dems-hedge-on-healthcare-2008-04-23.html

“We all know there is not enough money to do all this stuff,” said Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), a Finance Committee member and an Obama supporter, referring to the presidential candidates’ healthcare plans. “What they are doing is … laying out their ambitions.”

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Whether one is interested in the Obama/Clinton race or not. The focus of our national news media makes me ill. Obama won Guam today but it didn''t make the headline article on CNN or MSNBC. The race that did make that headline spot was the was one that ended up with a euthanized horse. Very sad indeed. But that race isn''t as important to our country as the Presidential Race. Really...Really???
::::taking a very deep breath::::::

::::heavy sigh::::::

Okay, I feel better now. I will post my peace in the other thread.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/108450.html

In reference to a few earlier posts...

A new poll shows that Barack Obama would do nearly as well as Hillary Clinton among Jewish voters in November.

The poll, released by Gallup a day after Obama''s strong performances in Indiana and North Carolina, shows Clinton winning 50 percent to 43 percent among Jewish Democrats. The findings were based on aggregate tracking from April 1-30, including interviews with close to 800 Jewish voters and nearly 600 Jewish Democratic voters.

According to the poll, Clinton would win 66 percent of the Jewish vote versus 27 percent for John McCain in a general-election matchup. Obama would do nearly as well, winning 61 percent to McCain''s 32 percent.

At the same time, either matchup would represent an improvement for the Republicans compared to the performances of recent GOP presidential nominees among Jewish voters.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting article.....and very true.

movie zombie

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results