shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Wedding Gowns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know of a place in NYs garment district(in the 30s) that sells all wedding gowns? My mom remembered shopping with her cousing many moons ago in a building where there was nothing but gowns. She said that they just went in and out of different areas looking at dresses. I guess I''m referring to a warehouse of some sort.

Thank You

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
you might be thinking of RK Bridal, 39th b/ween 8 and 9 aves

samanthameg

Rough_Rock
definitely SKIP rk bridal -- i bought a dress there in november, my wedding is may 5 and as of this past friday the dress is ruined because the seamstress messed up!! the owner is lying and conniving and only out to make a buck - after looking at the dress on friday, acknowledging that the mistakes were theirs and asking what he could do to help me, he promised to have another one shipped asap -- we spoke this evening and he denied the whole conversation and ever having known about the problem!! he is going to try to charge me the $2,000 for the dress and the alterations -- and i still have no dress! save yourself the stress...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just go to Kleinfelds and be done with it. They have everything, dont they?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Kleinfeld''s is out to make a buck too - I had a horrible experience there. Check out the details from my post:

Previous post

I think your best bet is to go to an actual salon which is a lot more credible than some of these places that sell hundreds and hundreds of dresses. Or go looking at other salons and if you find a dress you really like which is sold at Kleinfield''s, then make an appointment (their dresses are 12% less than the designer dresses sold in the salons). But, I would never recommend that place to any bride who''s just starting out her search and doesn''t know what she wants. BTW - I have a few married friends who also live in the city and an awful experience there too!
38.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for a deal, make an appointment and check out the bridal garden. It''s a non-profit that sell samples and donated dresses. Google it to learn more...

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I went to Kleinfeld last Thursday. My experience in terms of customer service was great; however, I felt that they were a bit overrated. I have been going to a few bridal salons over the past 4-6 weeks. I found a dress by Eve of Milady that I absolutely love. In every salon that I have visited my eye kept going straight to THAT one dress. I think that means that''s the one.
emsmile.gif
When I went to Kleinfeld I was surprised that they didn''t have that dress especially since it''s an ''07. They carry Eve of Milady but just didn''t have this particular one. They told me that they could get it for me at the same price that I saw it for; however, their alterations start at $575. I am getting it at another salon and alterations are included in the price of the gown....I''m soooo excited. I took 2 of my BMs yesterday to see and they loved it and told me not to look anywhere else!!!!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I have heard mixed things about RK Bridal, though they do have a great selection. I ordered my dress from Adrienne''s which is on Orchard Street on the Lower East Side. They are a small boutique and give lots of attention and service. They carry a selection from most of the major lines and also do custom work. Good luck!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
any suggestions on places for veils in NY?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
janinegirly,

i am not in the NYC area but wanted to let you know about a great online veil experience i had-
www.obridal.com (occansey designs)
i went there after reading many raves on the knot, and i had my custom veil within a week.

i was appalled that the salon wanted over $200 for a very simple one layer fingertip length veil on a comb.
i paid $40 for mine at obridal, and got it with a pencil edge and scattered crystals

they will send you fabric samples for $1 and do all sorts of custom work- there are some very elaborate veils in their gallery-

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, which Eve of Milady dress???

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Ladyciel...it''s funny because I have not been able to find my Eve of Milady gown anywhere online. I know it just came out within the past 2 months or so. I''m guessing that it''s too early and that maybe it will be added to the Eve of Milday website soon. But anyway the entire bodice is detailed with Swarvoski crystals. It''s a big ball gown and the front is completely plain. Many of her gowns have detailing all down the front and on the bottom of the gown but I preferred to keep the beadwork on the bodice only. There is a row of beading that goes straight down the back of the dress...from the top all the way down to the end of the train. The train also has a lot of detailed beadwork. It''s absolutely gorgeous...I love to talk about it...can''t wait for my hubby to be to see me in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results