shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC GTG?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, ladies - anybody in the mood for an NYC GTG, or a GTG in another NYS location as-yet to be named? If we were to meet in NY before June 6th, perhaps we could start out the the Van Cleef exhibition that's running at the Cooper-Hewitt (I know a few of us were interested in that), and progress down to 47th if it were a weekday, or maybe do 5th if it were a weekend .... alternately, the Antique Jewelry show that runs from July 22nd to 25th sounds like it might be the PS cup of tea: anybody game?

http://www.newyorkantiquejewelryandwatchshow.com/

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm down! I have a few things coming up in the next couple of weeks but I'll try to make it to whatever date everyone decides on.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Excellent! And if we go to the Antique Jewelry Show, we can find you a gorgeous eternity band .... :naughty:

(Heck, we can do that on 47th, too, but I have the sneaking suspicion that a lot of the 47th St. dealers will be there, anyway - two birds, one stone!)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I were closer! NYC is too far for me to manage, as much as I'd LOVE to go :(

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
manderz|1304394700|2910807 said:
I wish I were closer! NYC is too far for me to manage, as much as I'd LOVE to go :(

Ah, drat! Perhaps there will be a show or somesuch closer to home that we can all attend - or perhaps we can start having regional state GTGs! That would be lovely ... :D

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'll actually be in NYC visiting a friend for Memorial Day weekend, so I'll keep checking this thread for updates. At the very least, thanks for the heads up on the Van Cleef exhibition!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, awesome! The end of May is usually gorgeous - you guys will have a blast.

How's about it, everybody else? NOBODY wants to go to the Antique Jewelry Show? Just imagine a very sad Circe making big puppy-dog eyes at you at the notion of going alone .... ;(

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Haha, oh, I desperately want to go to the antique jewelry show. Too bad my dates are a *little* off!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanna go to the antique jewelry show! Plus that's far enough away that people can plan around it! Count me in.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woohoo! We are going to have FUN. We will try on everything, and take many pictures, and love them and hug them and call them Geor- wait, sorry, got carried away. :twisted:

C'mon, people! The more the merrier!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwwww I wish I can come =((

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1304554698|2912514 said:
Woohoo! We are going to have FUN. We will try on everything, and take many pictures, and love them and hug them and call them Geor- wait, sorry, got carried away. :twisted:

C'mon, people! The more the merrier!

HA! Yeah we will! I thought there were lots of NY PSers...where you at?!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!! If my baby boy wasn't having health issues right now I would be in....I live nearby and my in-laws live in the city so they are perfect babysitters but right now his wound care from his recent surgery is too much to ask of anyone :(sad

I'll keep an eye on the date though and if he miraculously heals I'll be there :D I would love to meet some other PSers and try on some bling!!

Edited to add: if it is later July then I just might make it ---he should be healed by mid-July!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1304390739|2910763 said:
Hey, ladies - anybody in the mood for an NYC GTG, or a GTG in another NYS location as-yet to be named? If we were to meet in NY before June 6th, perhaps we could start out the the Van Cleef exhibition that's running at the Cooper-Hewitt (I know a few of us were interested in that), and progress down to 47th if it were a weekday, or maybe do 5th if it were a weekend .... alternately, the Antique Jewelry show that runs from July 22nd to 25th sounds like it might be the PS cup of tea: anybody game?

http://www.newyorkantiquejewelryandwatchshow.com/

I would love to go, but this spring/summer is crazy... wedding on july 1st- honeymoon until JUly 20th, and then I have weddings everyweekend BUT July 31st this summer. Tis the season and the age! But I want to be kept in the loop in the future so that I can maybe attend a GTG in the future :appl:

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Sign me in if is during the weekend or after 5pm on weekdays!! :wavey:

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I want to go too. I just need to make sure it's my weekend off only though. What day did we have in mind?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in!!! I will drag myself to the city on the LIRR

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I would love to go to the antique jewelry show, but I have a wedding that weekend. ;(

Have fun and take pictures!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping this!

Circe-what weekend is the antique jewelry show? What day were you planning to go? I want to make sure I make it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'll be in NYC from the 11-16th of July--could we GTG around then?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I'd be interested in going! Let me know when you were thinking.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
thing2of2|1307808989|2943300 said:
Bumping this!

Circe-what weekend is the antique jewelry show? What day were you planning to go? I want to make sure I make it!

The jewelry show is July 22nd to 25th, but, irony of ironies ... I won't be able to go! I'm doing my annual summer visit to Sweden and London from July 9th to 26th - had planned to be back by the 23rd, but the tickets were SO MUCH cheaper once the weekend was over, we slotted in another couple of days. And then I remembered the jewelry show ....

But if any of y'all wind up doing it, I want to hear DETAILS. In the meantime, perhaps we can either plan for a meet earlier than that ... or later? The next big jewelry thing in NYC is in October:

Date: 23- 25 October 2011
Show: JANY Special Delivery Show
Venue: New York, USA
E-mail: [email protected]
Show Information: The New York winter show will attract more than 500 jewelry designers and manufacturers and is perfect for jewelry retailers to buy the latest designs and jewelry styles for the busy holiday season. (http://www.naroka.com/jewelry_trade_shows)

Alternately, I am totally up for just a plain 'ole "have lunch, gossip, tool around the jewelry district" kind of a GTG.

IndyLady said:

Aaaaaand, given my wretched timing, I leave two days before then. ;( It is a pity - I would love to meet you in person one of these days! Again, if the rest of y'all meet up, I want to hear details so I can at least live vicariously.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1308156286|2946655 said:
thing2of2|1307808989|2943300 said:
Bumping this!

The jewelry show is July 22nd to 25th, but, irony of ironies ... I won't be able to go! I'm doing my annual summer visit to Sweden and London from July 9th to 26th - had planned to be back by the 23rd, but the tickets were SO MUCH cheaper once the weekend was over, we slotted in another couple of days. And then I remembered the jewelry show ....

But if any of y'all wind up doing it, I want to hear DETAILS. In the meantime, perhaps we can either plan for a meet earlier than that ... or later? The next big jewelry thing in NYC is in October:

Date: 23- 25 October 2011
Show: JANY Special Delivery Show
Venue: New York, USA
E-mail: [email protected]
Show Information: The New York winter show will attract more than 500 jewelry designers and manufacturers and is perfect for jewelry retailers to buy the latest designs and jewelry styles for the busy holiday season. (http://www.naroka.com/jewelry_trade_shows)

Alternately, I am totally up for just a plain 'ole "have lunch, gossip, tool around the jewelry district" kind of a GTG.

IndyLady said:

Aaaaaand, given my wretched timing, I leave two days before then. ;( It is a pity - I would love to meet you in person one of these days! Again, if the rest of y'all meet up, I want to hear details so I can at least live vicariously.

Single tear! As a side note, I love Sweden! I went last summer around the same time, and my sister is there now making me jealous. (My SIL is Swedish so her and my brother and their kids live there now.)

Anyway, I'm up for an earlier or later GTG! The next 2 weekends are a no for me but other than that I'm free. Let me know what works for you!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay - why don't we set it for the weekend of July 30th? 47th St. is out on weekends (bah), but there are still plenty of places for glorious eye-candy, and it'd be nice just to meet after all this time knowing one another on here!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The weekend of the 30th works for me! I should be able to come either day. Any preference for Saturday or Sunday?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man. I'm back from my honeymoon but I'll be in NYC with the inlaws for dinner and a show.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results