shape
carat
color
clarity

nyc bar outfit...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi All –

My boyfriend and I (in our mid 20s) live around the Princeton area and are going to meet up with some of our college friends (most work as brokers in large companies in the city) at a bar in nyc - I wish I remembered the name of it... I looked at the website a few weeks ago and it was like a nice restaurant-ish style upscale bar, pretty generic, but def. NOT a club scene or a grimy dive bar... On the weekends, we dress very preppy/casual - think him: khakis, polo shirt, boat shoes. Me: polos, seven jeans, uggs/sneakers. My bf thinks that men don’t wear khakis to bars in nyc and I KNOW that my style isn’t what people generally wear to bars… Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that we don’t feel comfortable wearing what’s in our closets, but it’s always fun to have an excuse to shop/wear something out of the ordinary -- What do you wear to go out in nyc? What is popular right now? What would a typical outfit for you be? (men & women)

Thanks everyone!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
my husband and i went out to dinner and a bar for a friend''s birthday the other night. here was what we were wearing. oh, we live in san francisco.

him:
dark wash american eagle jeans
white polo
black velvet blazer
black cashmere scarf
black dress shoes

me:
dark wash A pocket jeans (my first pair of expensive jeans!
5.gif
man, they make my butt look fabulous!)
black 3/4 length sleeve t-shirt with rock ''n roll animation on front in silver ink
dark wash (slightly different shade from jeans color) form fitting blazer with black velvet trim
turquoise and silver skinny scarf
pewter color peep toe pumps
and my balenciaga ice blue first!

9.gif

i say wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. dark jeans are a good alternative to dress pants or slacks if you want look dressed up, but not too much.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
milly that's pretty much how i'd dress...some nice flattering darker wash jeans, a trendy kind of top..maybe kind of floaty since that's what's in now, high heeled sandals or pumps, with a cute tight fitted blazer, my white gold hoops and of course, my balenciaga! for greg it'd be banana republic jeans and something basic like a dark fitted sweater and then black slip on flat front dress loafers. we're pretty simple and we find our outfits (mostly dressier jean outfits) work almost anywhere, whether we are in a restaurant or bar in SF or Vegas or NYC etc!

Thanks girls!!

VERY helpful... can''t wait to find some time to shop now!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually do black slacks fun heels and a fun top. If it's cold out I wear jacket or blazer. Normally in NY for bars... I wear black velvet blazer/jacket usually a cream lace, silk silver or gold top... and silver or gold heels. And jewelry. Blingy earrings.
Black's wear its at in NYC bars for me... DC bars too, but not as much as NYC.

ETA: I lived in NJ (by the shore.. went up to NY with good frequency) till 6 months ago... live in SF bay area now... and lived in DC for several years in my twenties. SF is the most casual in terms of its nicer bars, I've noticed. Dc is more tailored... Burberry, Brooks Brothers... NY is sleeker... SF is more casual.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LA ok? This was last Saturday, my bday, right after 7 course dinner with wine pairings...still tipsy.

Gray top with sparkles that you can't see.
Black jacket
Dark wash blue jeans
Calvin Klein slingbacks...yeah, this shot is mostly about the shoes

metro224.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my first legal drink, hypnotic and champagne

candp224.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 11:10:14 PM
Author: JulieN
my first legal drink, hypnotic and champagne
Hee hee - YAY, Julie! Happy b-day!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Happy B-day JulieN, you hottie!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 21st JulieN. That''s such a great pic!!! Looks like you had a great time. Love the shoes!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you alj, wmw, and Kaleigh. I had a great time. I actually do have a shot of everyone's shoes...
3.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I lived in NYC for a while, and have similar college friends....Dark Dark jeans, heels and a nice going out top (a dressy top) and for a guy, dark jeans, and a button-down shirt...REMEMBER: BLACK IS SAFEST IN NY!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Julie......

Nice outfit..... what''s in it isn''t so bad either....

Rockdoc

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy B-Day Julie! GREAT shoes!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 9:52:01 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy B-Day Julie! GREAT shoes!!!

ditto. great pic too, I love being able to put a face with and avatar
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results