shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Antique Jewelry and Watch Show: Anyone been??

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Anybody going or been before?? I am considering driving up from DC (with a 2 and 4 year old lolol) to paw through Grace's collection. I am also on the hunt for some antique charms/chains. Is it worth the 4 hour drive? Are treasures at these shows reasonably priced? Negotiable? I'd like someone to tip the scale before I load up the car with snacks (read: bribes to let mommy try on jewels).

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Following! I'm in the DC area, too!

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Are you going to the NYC show this weekend?

Stop it right NOW! You're in DC????? You can borrow my Moi et Toi if I can borrow your golden ray of sun :lol: :lol: Message me on LT if you want to meet up! I'd love to go jewel hunting in DC with a fellow bling lover!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always check out the websites of the exhibitors to see if there is something of interest.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sunfish|1477582205|4091164 said:

Stop it right NOW! You're in DC????? You can borrow my Moi et Toi if I can borrow your golden ray of sun :lol: :lol: Message me on LT if you want to meet up! I'd love to go jewel hunting in DC with a fellow bling lover!

I'm new to the area, sort of! I used to live here years ago and moved back at the end of this summer! I can't go this wknd b/c we have family in town. Must. Entertain. Let me figure out LoupeTroop, and I'll hit you up! We can at least get together for coffee and a blinding joint pic of our OECs!

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1477582443|4091167 said:
You can always check out the websites of the exhibitors to see if there is something of interest.

Thanks PintoBean :) yes I have looked through some of the websites, and there are multiple vendors that have interesting collections! I guess I am looking for feedback on whether the items are over priced at shows like this, negotiable etc. Have you been?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I go every year to "window shop." I am not an expert but many prices seem reasonable for what they are and sometimes things are very negotiable, especially on the last day. There is also a simultaneous show at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, which has some affordable things.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to call ahead to be sure they will let your kids in. Security is tight.

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
LadyMCh|1477582470|4091168 said:
Sunfish|1477582205|4091164 said:

I'm new to the area, sort of! I used to live here years ago and moved back at the end of this summer! I can't go this wknd b/c we have family in town. Must. Entertain. Let me figure out LoupeTroop, and I'll hit you up! We can at least get together for coffee and a blinding joint pic of our OECs!

I made a link on LT for you to contact me there: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/ladymch-message-me-here

I totally understand the entertaining thing. My family is down in Richmond so they come up regularly. It's exhausting haha. Look forward to meeting you!

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
boerumbiddy|1477583048|4091172 said:
You might want to call ahead to be sure they will let your kids in. Security is tight.

Yes, I contacted the Palm Beach Show director and she said it was a kid/stroller friendly. Is the show where Grace/Jogani exhibiting different than the one you mentioned? Do you need a separate ticket to get into that show?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry I didn't see your question till now! The one Jogani is at is the Palm Beach show at 125 West 18th, but there is also the big Lueur show at the Javits Convention Center way west at the end of the 7 train. That's the one with tight security. On West 18th, I looked seriously at this little Art Nouveau charmer for $950. img_6543.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Ah I totally missed the other JAWS thread. Sadly I couldn't go, my 4 year old got a bad concussion this week. So scary. I hope you had a fabulous time and found some great treasures! I'm hoping to go to Miami!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results