shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
Good morning!

I have been trying to book accommodation in New York for later in September (week beginning 21st). There seems to be very little availability. Is there something special on in New York that week that might account for this or am I just being naive to think I could book only a couple of weeks ahead?!

Secondly, any tips on where we could stay? Ideally I am looking for a pretty inexpensive place- we don''t plan on being in the hotel much anyway! SO has never been to the US so I am trying to plan a fun trip...looks like we''ll be camping in Central Park at this rate (although you probably can''t do that??!
emwink.gif
).

Thanking you!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 4:52:17 AM
Author:EmptyLeftHand
Good morning!

I have been trying to book accommodation in New York for later in September (week beginning 21st). There seems to be very little availability. Is there something special on in New York that week that might account for this or am I just being naive to think I could book only a couple of weeks ahead?!

Secondly, any tips on where we could stay? Ideally I am looking for a pretty inexpensive place- we don''t plan on being in the hotel much anyway! SO has never been to the US so I am trying to plan a fun trip...looks like we''ll be camping in Central Park at this rate (although you probably can''t do that??!
emwink.gif
).

Thanking you!
Don''t know if there is anything going on - but I just checked hilton.com and prices seem inflated that week. The only hotels that were under $300/night were airport hotels. How much are you willing to spend per night? Also, what are the exact dates?

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I live in NYC and as far as I know, there''s nothing special going on in the city that week. My experience from word of mouth is that hotels here greatly inflate their prices if you plan on booking only a few weeks in advance. I''ve gotten so use to that around here that when I travel, I usually book my accomodations months in advance. Also, when you say inexpensive, what is your price range?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am currently staying in NY and we booked at the pod hotel, the prices were the most reasonable I found - I am liking it :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results