shape
carat
color
clarity

NY Brides-Filene''s ROTB Today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is a little late notice but I haven''t seen anyone else mention it. I saw that the (in)famous dress sale is happening today till 10pm in Union Square. Is anyone planning on going? Or been there already?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the one in Boston last year. I didn''t find a dress, but it was a BLAST!!! I suggest wearing a bathing suit or shorts and a sports bra because you''re literally running around without your clothes on.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m not going, but I did listen to it on the radio this morning. The morning show sends their kind of idiot stunt guy out and he runs with the brides. It''s pretty funny, actually, because he''s yelling "Ouch! That''s my head! Ow, I''m stuck against the wall!" lol I think he usually trys to bring back a few dresses and then they give them away to listeners.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Bathing suit! Good idea Hudson Hawk

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Did you go, Mayachel? I got my dress at RotB, and, while it was crazy, I am happy I did it. I would love to hear the report.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to say katamari , I did not go. I was hoping to bring back oodles of pics to share at the very least, but the day got away from me. Before I knew it, I was having dinner with df and realizing there was no way for me to make it before they closed. Maybe another one?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:30:39 PM
Author: mayachel
Sorry to say katamari , I did not go. I was hoping to bring back oodles of pics to share at the very least, but the day got away from me. Before I knew it, I was having dinner with df and realizing there was no way for me to make it before they closed. Maybe another one?

It is something worth checking out, just for the spectacle, but I think it is probably far less common to find a dress than to not. I would say that 90% of the dresses (if not more) have been traveling with the sale for a decade--and the design shows it. Hopefully you can find your dream dress another way!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:47:15 PM
Author: katamari

I would say that 90% of the dresses (if not more) have been traveling with the sale for a decade--and the design shows it.

Wow!
6.gif
That makes me glad that I didn''t stress out my day to get there. Mostly I wanted to go for the spectacle "experience". With my wedding so far out, I''m just antsy to feel "bride like" besides running around with the ring.

I''m not too worried at this point, just excited to start. I like to think I''m going to be a pro-bargain dress finder, what with having a year and 6 months or so to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results