shape
carat
color
clarity

NY Bride Buys $300k Diamond Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm coulda put this in Bride WorldWide but figured it would get more eyeballs here...plus its DIAMOND
2.gif

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030718/od_nm/life_gown_dc_1

Insanity! I could use a diamond dress WAY more than she could I am *sure*.
11.gif
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
There's nothing quite like shamelessly conspicuous consumption, is there?

I found this quote intriguing:

"I've never heard of a gown that high," Woon said. "That's probably three times what most people spend on their entire wedding."

"Most people"? How many people spend $100k on a wedding, even in NYC?
11.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
That's insane! But then again, she's only 23 and her daddy paid for it. They must have craploads of money in order to pay for such an extravagent gown.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LG..I thought the SAME THING....HAH...$100k wedding...try 'thats 30 times what people spend on their wedding' and you may be more accurate!
2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
It was a saleswoman at Bergdorf Goodman who gave them that quote, but even then I doubt that "most" of the women who shop with her, whether you're talking old money or double-income NY professional couples, spend $100k on their wedding. Some, yes, but that has to be a rare exception.
3.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
My ex-husband and I spent $8,000.00 on our reception, $600 on my gown, and virtually nothing on our rings. I thought that was a fortune to be spending.

Bill and I eloped in the church with our immediate family; we paid $32 for the license, a donation of $100 to the church, and my gown was purchased over a year in advance and cost $300. The in-laws threw a small home reception at grandma's and paid for everything. Everyone had a blast, and no one was in the poorhouse because of expenses.

As I get older (I'll be 34 on 8/1) I just can't see spending money frivilously (forgive any typo's, haven't finished my tea yet) on things that don't last. I don't mean a marriage won't last, I mean it's insane to spend anywhere from a downpayment to the entire cost of a new home on one day. A wedding is just one day that gets stored away in the memory banks. Some couples invite anywhere from 200 to 1,000 people to their wedding...how many of those guests send a first anniversary card to the couple? I'd rather put that money into our home or a savings plan for our children's college education.

Ok, I'll stop my hormone-induced rant now.
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Even worse! It's an ugly dress! Check this out.

$300,000 just to look like a heap of vanilla ice cream!
14.gif

300kdress.jpg

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Ugh!
errrr.gif

And even if it was pretty.....A diamond is forever, and a wedding dress is only worn once! What a waste.
sad.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just think of what her personality must be like. I see a spoiled, little, rich bridzilla (bi***). Most, if not all, down to earth women wouldnt even consider this. She wants fame & notariety. She wants people talking about her in a big way. She doesnt want her date published? Hmmmm, somehow I see wedding pictures "being leaked & by some possible guest" in the future. She must have a huge set of balls.
eek.gif

Judy
:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bottom half of the dress but the top is horrible!! Even on the stick thin model it does her no justice (always a bad sign). Where'd you find that LG...I thought it was supposed to be a SECRET.
1.gif

CC...I have a feeling maybe she doesn't want the notoriety that *this* will bring her, I highly doubt many people are impressed..but rather appalled at such waste! I'm really curious to know who she is!

mmm ice cream....

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/24/2003 12:32:25 PM Mara wrote:

I like the bottom half of the dress but the top is horrible!! Even on the stick thin model it does her no justice (always a bad sign). Where'd you find that LG...I thought it was supposed to be a SECRET.

----------------

It was on the web site of the NEW YORK POST (!!). ...which tells me she's not all that concerned about her anonymity--someone in her entourage leaked that photo to the press.
3.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ba-a-a-a-loney!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results