shape
carat
color
clarity

Nuts I tell you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So friends of ours are getting married in November. They started the major planning of their wedding. Well a whole bunch of us were hanging out the other day and we had to listen to them talk about the cake tasting, venue, flowers and it was exciting just to hear about everything (I can''t wait to taste the cake...duce de leche) but I kept thinking... MAN when is it my turn!?

My SO jus looked at me like he knew EXACTLY what I was thinking and gave me a little smirk. He knows I''m going nuts over this, i think he secretly likes to drive me mad.

Sigh, boys.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boys... Hopefully he isn''t doing it to make you mad. When do you think you will get engaged?

I know it would be fun to join in on the conversation now when everyone else is talking about weddings, but at least when you get engaged the spotlight will be on you and they can listen to your weddings details.
3.gif

Also, you can use this time of listening to others to get a better idea of what you do/ don''t want for your wedding.

I know hearing and talking about wedding details makes the wait even longer, but your time will come when it is perfect for you and SO. :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:16:12 AM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Oh boys... Hopefully he isn''t doing it to make you mad. When do you think you will get engaged?

I know it would be fun to join in on the conversation now when everyone else is talking about weddings, but at least when you get engaged the spotlight will be on you and they can listen to your weddings details.
3.gif

Also, you can use this time of listening to others to get a better idea of what you do/ don''t want for your wedding.

I know hearing and talking about wedding details makes the wait even longer, but your time will come when it is perfect for you and SO. :)
I think sometime in April. It''s our 2 year we are going out on a romantic fun vacation and going to our favorite restraunt which would be perfect for a proposal. So Im thinking around then. But he might not so I gotta keep my self in check and NOT get my hopes up. He has been giving me little hints and April fits into HIS timeline that he gave me ages ago... I just don''t know

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
at least he didnt run away in fear, or quickly change the subject, right? :)

i hear ya!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:34:17 AM
Author: jcarlylew
at least he didnt run away in fear, or quickly change the subject, right? :)

i hear ya!

Ditto. I know it''s frustrating, but it sounds like you/the future are on his mind. I''d trust him to do it in his own time in his own way. This is coming from someone who basicallt ruined her FI''s surprise...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
The cute little smirk tells me... all in good time. It is when they shuffle uncomfortably, and want to avoid marriage talk - that you may have an issue.... a cute smirk, is just that... a cute KNOWING SMIRK.

It will happen. He knows WHEN... hence the smirk, and HENCE YOUR AGONY!
32.gif

HUGS!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:26:47 PM
Author: tlh
The cute little smirk tells me... all in good time. It is when they shuffle uncomfortably, and want to avoid marriage talk - that you may have an issue.... a cute smirk, is just that... a cute KNOWING SMIRK.

It will happen. He knows WHEN... hence the smirk, and HENCE YOUR AGONY!
32.gif

HUGS!
I agree! He didn''t run away, groan or beg to change the topic...he''s comfortable around wedding talk which is always a good sign! I totally understand how other people talking about their upcoming weddings can be so exciting one minute and incredibly agonizing the next! Hang in there...April is really soon!!!
21.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it happened to me, I would be forced to view the smirk as a "he''s got something up his sleeve" kind of smirk.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 2:46:08 PM
Author: JulieN
If it happened to me, I would be forced to view the smirk as a ''he''s got something up his sleeve'' kind of smirk.
that''s what I''m thinking...or rather hoping.
It was a cute smirk tho.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results