shape
carat
color
clarity

Nutrisystem/ Diet Plans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is coming up fast (August 3rd) and I still have about 10-15lbs that I would like to lose. I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and working with a trainer and my weight hasn''t changed much at all. I need to find a good diet plan to follow. I would love to start losing 1-2lbs a week. Those Nutrisystem commericals are starting to call my name. Has anyone tried or know someone who has tried Nutrisystem? How did it work? Anyother suggestions for a good diet plan to follow?

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
My FMIL has it and she doesn''t exercise. She''s dropped 10 lbs. gradually, but she hates the meals. It tastes horrendous to her, and that''s because she''s a fabulous cook. So if you love, LOVE food (as in handmade pasta type of love) then it might not be a good fit.

Ask your trainer to see why you haven''t seen a difference given the amount of time you''ve spent. It could be how you''re working out and not necessarily diet. Weight training immediately after cardio boosts your metabolism for hours afterward. Think about how much effort you''re putting into your cardio and how much time. Ultimately that helps to knock out those calories. Also try to start 6 small meals--it might jump start your metabolism too.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I did ask my trainer and his response was that muscle weights more than fat and to not be concerned with my weight. I usually workout on the elliptical for 30 minutes and then about 45 minutes of strenght training. I think I need to really focus more on my diet. I eat well during the week... but then the weekend rolls around and I mess up the good I did. My clothes do fit better though.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I had a roomie who did nutrasystem. I''m not gonna lie - that food looked GROSS. I never saw the frozen meals (I believe some are?) but she had packages and packages of freeze-dried crap where you added water and put it in the microwave.

If you want to diet/lose weight quickly, I highly suggest going to a bookstore and grabbing a cookbook written by the american diabetes association - tons of HEALTHY meals with real ingredients, and you can decide how many calories you want to eat, etc.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would ignore the scales and start focussing on your measurements. The scales are just a number, and if you are putting on muscle mass, you will be looking slimmer and then the number on the scales doesn''t matter does it? By keeping a track of your measurements you are seeing real results, which don''t rely on the whole muscle weighing more than fat idea.

Good luck!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:50:56 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81
I did ask my trainer and his response was that muscle weights more than fat and to not be concerned with my weight. I usually workout on the elliptical for 30 minutes and then about 45 minutes of strenght training. I think I need to really focus more on my diet. I eat well during the week... but then the weekend rolls around and I mess up the good I did. My clothes do fit better though.

I would stop stressing about the pounds. Measure yourself and go by the change in the measuring tape. If your clothes are starting to fit better then you're on the right track.

Unless you're going WAY overboard (like 5,000-10,000 calories a day) on the weekends you shouldn't really notice an effect on your progress. It all balances out in the end. Some days of the week you eat less and work out harder and other day you may work out less and/or eat more. 3500 calories is the calorie deficit the average person needs (through diet and exercise) to lose 1 lb per week. So that's 500 calories/day you need to cut out of your diet. It's really not healthy to try to lose more than 2lbs/week. So for 2 lbs it would be 1000 calories/day.

So measure yourself, focus on decreasing measurements, and write down everything you eat/drink to hold yourself accountable for your indulgences (I feel SO guilty when I do this and I go overboard). You might also want to try tracking your calories on the weekends to see how bad you really were. If you restrict too much, you'll fail in your diet. I'm a true believer in this. In fact, I save 100 calories/day for candy. And I eat my candy every day. it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results