shape
carat
color
clarity

nukerwave omelet pan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked up a microwave omelet pan the other day and shockingly like it better than fried.
No grease and no messy clean up.
Anyone else use them?
its the best $3.99 iv spent.

My favorite omelet:
4 eggs ham sharp cheddar cheese on potato bread :}

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe you storm but it just seems weird to me to actually use the microwave to cook anything. I re-heat or heat up tea water, but that''s about it. oh yeah, and microwave popcorn of course.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one of these but it''s worth checking out - I do sometimes quick cook an egg in the microwave to make a quick homemade ''egg mcmuffin'' sandwich and then out the door!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have one of those--my husband uses it every weekend. He loves it, but i end up having to clean out the leftover gook. I don''t know if it''s supposed to be nonstick or if he just puts so much cheese on it that it ends up sticking to the contraption. Anyway, he says the microwaved omelettes are top notch!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 3:43:41 PM
Author: monarch64
We have one of those--my husband uses it every weekend. He loves it, but i end up having to clean out the leftover gook. I don''t know if it''s supposed to be nonstick or if he just puts so much cheese on it that it ends up sticking to the contraption. Anyway, he says the microwaved omelettes are top notch!
1.gif

As soon an he takes the omelet out he should run hot water in it and the "gook" washes right out.
I put a dab of dish soap in each side, hot water, wipe with dishrag, rince and dry with paper towel and its ready for the next use.
The secret is dont let it set.
By then the omelet is at the perfect eating temp and yummy :}

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, thank you for the excellent advice. I can tell you are properly trained in Kitchen 101. I have a saying--"you can lead a man to water but you can''t make him rinse." That, and "pick your battles" LOL! Next time he gets out the omelette maker I''ll make sure to be on standby so I can make a suggestion, though!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah - dried egg = cement.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What if you spray it with a non stick spray like Pam?? I always thought cooking eggs in the microwave would be well kind of rubbery?? Storm I will give it a try.
32.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 8:31:43 PM
Author: kaleigh
What if you spray it with a non stick spray like Pam?? I always thought cooking eggs in the microwave would be well kind of rubbery?? Storm I will give it a try.
32.gif

That would defeat the reason to use it.
They clean up easy if not left sitting.
No it doesn''t turn out rubbery I was surprised! :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results