shape
carat
color
clarity

Now the REAL waiting begins!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
SO decided just over a year ago now that he wanted to get married (I knew a few years before that, but I was waiting for him to be ready). He''s been saving for the past year, and a few months ago we both started looking at rings online.

Yesterday, we visited a lovely jeweller who had a variety of rings. We found 2 we both liked and that were within budget. We talked to him for a while about the rings, then SO kicked me out of the store to talk ''business'' (I know what the budget is, so I''m not sure what this was about!).

Anyway, until this point I have known exactly where we were at. Now, I am in the dark, and I will be until he pops the Q. I have no idea if he went back yesterday afternoon and ordered one, or if it will take him another 6 months to decide between the 2 (he''s a hopeless decision maker!). I''m coping with it better than I thought I would so far, but I am strongly resisting the urge to go back and look in the window to see if either ring is gone!

I know he doesn''t have it yet, because I have enormous hands so whatever he buys will need to be resized. But, theoretical

How do others cope with this?

PS: For those who are interested, one of the rings was a 1.37ct Dark blue sapphire with 2 small pear diamonds on either side. The other was a 5 stone ring, with 3 sapphires and 2 diamonds (not sure on sizes sorry). I would never have thought to try on the 5 stone, but once I had it on my hand it was so lovely. I have big hands, so wider rings suit me better, and this one sat quite high. I loved them both!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw waiting can be tough!!! But at least you now where you are headed. Realx and enjoy the excitement!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
My story is very similar to yours. In June SO took me ring shopping, originally just to look, but we ended up finding a ring that we both loved, and he bought it. I was even there when he bought it (it needed some negotiation and, being a law student, I was the best one to do that). He now has it hidden in the house and I don''t know when he will be proposing. It is even a blue sapphire ring like yours (although different design - 1ct centre stone with diamond halo).

I actually found it very calming. We have had a lot of issues over the last 18 months in relation to LIW stuff and I was getting very resentful and feeling as though him telling me that he wanted to marry me was just lipservice. So for him to actually take steps to make something happen felt good.

I now know that he is serious, and that it will happen, because he has made the large commitment of a ring purchase to ensure that it will happen. I think it will be within the next six months. Occasionally I still get very impatient, but now I am able to look forward to the engagement without the resentment of not knowing if it will happen.

Hopefully you will be able to do the same - feel more secure in the knowledge that he is taking steps to make it happen, and that means it will happen sometime in the near future.

OOHHSparkly

Rough_Rock
I also am in the same boat. BF and I have been together 6 yrs and as of the beginning of this year have been looking at rings FINALLY! I think the ONE has been found. He doesnt ask my opinion about rings anymore and has told me that he REALLY wants me to br really suprised and told me to stop talking about it! haha I know he has something up his sleeve so as ckrickett said im "sitting back and enjoying the excitment". I have NO IDEA when he will do it, which is exactly what I wanted. I was skeptical about looking at rings because I thought that it would take the excitment out of the whole magical-ness (not even a word haha) of it all. But he has me stumped! He talks about it enough to know its coming, but doesnt give any info! So as of right now I am enjoying my anticipation feeling! Of course I get impatient at somes want to scream, I remember that this is special for him too (i hope lol) and when he is ready it will be the most amazing thing!

martini.gif
So cheers to my fellow LIW!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:33:44 AM
Author:Lozza
SO decided just over a year ago now that he wanted to get married (I knew a few years before that, but I was waiting for him to be ready). He''s been saving for the past year, and a few months ago we both started looking at rings online.

Yesterday, we visited a lovely jeweller who had a variety of rings. We found 2 we both liked and that were within budget. We talked to him for a while about the rings, then SO kicked me out of the store to talk ''business'' (I know what the budget is, so I''m not sure what this was about!).

Anyway, until this point I have known exactly where we were at. Now, I am in the dark, and I will be until he pops the Q. I have no idea if he went back yesterday afternoon and ordered one, or if it will take him another 6 months to decide between the 2 (he''s a hopeless decision maker!). I''m coping with it better than I thought I would so far, but I am strongly resisting the urge to go back and look in the window to see if either ring is gone!

I know he doesn''t have it yet, because I have enormous hands so whatever he buys will need to be resized. But, theoretical

How do others cope with this?

PS: For those who are interested, one of the rings was a 1.37ct Dark blue sapphire with 2 small pear diamonds on either side. The other was a 5 stone ring, with 3 sapphires and 2 diamonds (not sure on sizes sorry). I would never have thought to try on the 5 stone, but once I had it on my hand it was so lovely. I have big hands, so wider rings suit me better, and this one sat quite high. I loved them both!
The highlighted part just made me laugh so hard at my desk because my FF is the same way!!! It took him like 3 minutes at a restaurant one day to decide between white and wheat bread for his sandwich! My mother calls him "deliberate", LOL. She loves him dearly, so I know it''s just her nice way of saying "honey, he''s indecisive and you''re gonna have to learn to live with it"!!!

OOHHSparkly

Rough_Rock
<--- also has a VERY VERY indecisive BF.... probably why I am also waiting so long! But hey at least we know then when they do finally chose a ring it will be perfect!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Lozza!

They sound beautiful! I''m so excited for you! :) good luck!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The rings sound great!!! Here''s to hoping you don''t have to wait long!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!

ckricket - Thanks! Yes, it is a relief to finally know where we are headed.

bobbin - I have to admit that I do feel a bit calmer, knowing that we have made some progress and that it will happen soonish. My birthday is in December and I''m really hoping it''s before then.

OOHHSparkly - I was worried about looking at rings too, I didn''t want to know for sure what I was getting before I got it. But I have to admit the shopping was a lot of fun (SO said he could ''hear'' me grinning from a mile away!).

vc10um - so glad I''m not alone! I''m very impulsive, so sometimes it drives me nuts!

purelily and pricessplease - thanks, they were both lovely. I''m so glad we managed to find something that looks nice on my big hands and was also within budget!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results