carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bangle is drop deal gorgeous @MamaBee. :kiss2:

Ouch @mrs-b, that sounds horrendous, hope the cream works. Fingers crossed for negative tests for you and Tim.

Just heard back, despite offering full asking, they want another 25,000, so we’ve said no thanks. We’d even offered them free leaseback on the house as they’re remodelling another home. In reality, the house was too big for us (4600 sq ft), but the convenience of it being so close to Adam and Kim was a huge draw, but we’re not going to play that game, so we’ll keep looking.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ouch @mrs-b, that sounds horrendous, hope the cream works. Fingers crossed for negative tests for you and Tim.

Just heard back, despite offering full asking, they want another 25,000, so we’ve said no thanks. We’d even offered them free leaseback on the house as they’re remodelling another home. In reality, the house was too big for us (4600 sq ft), but the convenience of it being so close to Adam and Kim was a huge draw, but we’re not going to play that game, so we’ll keep looking.
Maybe it just wasn't ment to be
i wouldn't play those games

This is what i don't understand about buying property
When we bought our house we offered him what he asked completly ignorant of the way of things
Lucky we got it becsuse he favoured us as owner occupiers/ a family over property investors

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate this kind of thing. I hate the price that says "Above $XXXXX". I mean - what the heck does that mean??

Burn cream is working a little. My typing is more creative than normal, tho.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi friends...It’s been crazy here. It looks like she will go directly into rehab from the hospital. It will be a minimum of two weeks but most likely longer. I’m so happy because there’s no way I can lift her to give her the care she needs.
It‘s a gloomy day today..so I only took two pics of Bee. I need to take some when I have light..I love it!

@MamaBee. Thinking of you and your family. I know how hard it is not being at your Mom’s bedside. Prayers continue.
BTW bangle TDF.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I love your new bracelet. How do you like it? I’m glad mom is going into a rehab. That will make your life easier for sure.

@missy wow! I’m so sorry about Greg’s stitches opening! What a trooper indeed! I’m sure it is nostalgic to go into the apartment. Home is where the heart is so wherever you and Greg are together is home. Enjoy reuniting with those beautiful earrings and your delicious opal ring!

@mrs-b I hope you are feeling a little better this evening. Sending you virtual gentle ((hugs)) that you get some relief.

@Bayek Ugh to all of the delays and problems with the new construction. I’ve heard this can be the case but after it’s all complete, you’ll have exactly what you desired. Hoping it’s all worth it. Take care of your mouth! Make sure you don’t have infection still. This has been the longest road for sure!!

Hi @Austina hope the wedding went well and the newlyweds are happy!

Hi to all! Off to eat dinner but didn’t want to not say hi!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you to everyone..I’m going to bed early tonight and sleeping in as long as Bailey will let me. I think I had two broken hours of sleep Last night.. My brain is mush..
A social worker called me in the afternoon to tell me that my mom will go to an inpatient rehab facility directly from the hospital. She sent a link to choices that were in my area...They will even transport her there. She has good insurance as a secondary after Medicare so Medicare will pay for twenty days. If she needs more than that there’s a 20% copay..but she has the secondary insurance so they should cover that. The problem will be making sure my mom doesn’t try to get out in two weeks. I told her she should do everything they say..no more..no less. I could see her trying to be Rocky and hurting herself just to get out. lol
I love my bracelet. It really made me happy today..
Big hugs..I’ll catch up when I get my brain back from sleep. Goodnight girls..XOXO :snore:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate this kind of thing. I hate the price that says "Above $XXXXX". I mean - what the heck does that mean??

Burn cream is working a little. My typing is more creative than normal, tho.

Im all for creative typing :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

EXTRA shout out to NIRDIs! So much to unpack!

@MamaBee good grief! Devastating your Mother would fall and break her pelvis. Unfortunately pelvic fractures have a painful recovery. She will need a lot of help. FWIW, perhaps she doesn't need to know she can leave after 2 weeks in rehab. You will need a lot of help at home and a lot can happen between now and then. On a happy, note, your bracelet is gorgeous!!!

@mrs-b It made me sad to hear of your recent burned hand--that just adds insult to your other issues. Sniffles are common this time of year--I know that doesn't help your worry but healing vibes your way.

@missy I CANNOT believe Greg's wound split! Lord love a duck. Please take it easy! And I am sure your trip "home" left you awash with unsettled feelings...how could it not? Life decisions often bring us to our knees. I am glad your brought your Opal ring a slurpee!

@marcy you work with a great bunch!:-o

@Austina I am certain you will find a wonderful house that suits your needs--it just might not be next door to the newlyweds!!! It is freeezzzziiinnnggg here also. But short lived I hope.

@Bayek I eschew violence but I'd like to punch your contractors. Twice.

Had a decent day at work. That's something.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I hope your mom will be okay. How awful for her and you! Glad they are sending your Mom to rehab after the hospital. Bee is so pretty. Beautiful flowers; how thoughtful of your son and DIL. I hope your Mom does what they say in rehab and doesn’t push it to come home. The places that like here do a very nice job with their patients. Sweet dreams; I hope you can sleep in.

@Slick1 I can see why you totally love Astrid. It is gorgeous!

Hi @springerspaniel

@missy ha ha - work is a killer bunny for sure. I just now had to call my boss because 2 employees just had another on air error. WTH? What is Coming Undone about? I wish winter was over; sadly it will get worse before it gets better here. Phooey!!! I am totally with you ladies on sad animal movies; I rarely shed a tear if people die in movies but have an animal get hurt or worse and I lose it. Oh no that Greg’s stitches in his leg came open. Glad you got in the safe and oiled up your gorgeous opal. Ooh to pretty earrings.

@Bayek I totally agree with you about how wrong and demoralizing those appraisals are; I absolutely hate them. Even the best employee will quit trying so hard. Yes, everything is better with butter. I am keeping your friend in my thoughts; mega dust to her. How cute Auti wants you to make her cc cookies. Grandma’s cookies are the best! Hoping your house is all fixed and has no more issues SOON - like yesterday.

@Austina yes I am truly considering how fun it would be to just say “bye” at work. We just had another on air error moments ago; tomorrow will be another fun filled day in the office. Joy! Glad you found my story amusing. Getting my shoe stuck in that store can still make me laugh, the noise of the glue pulling off the floor with each step was so funny. I am so sorry our Wyoming weather ventured your way as well. We are running pretty low on snow total this year but ssh don’t tell Mother Nature I said that. Nice to have your kitchen floor finally tiled again. Darn that your house offer wasn’t accepted; that means your perfect house is sitll out there.

@mrs-b I would think ice cream goes with almost anything. I’m not much of a fan of whiskey either. Ice cream yes - whiskey no. Major suckage at work certainly sums it up. Sigh. Ouch! Your poor fingers and hand. Burns are so painful. I hope the burn cream continues to help. I got the whole side of my hand once, I was pulling a skillet out of the oven and it went to tip on me; dumped the entire contents in the drawer below the oven and basically fried the side of my hand in the process when I tried to grab the pan to stop it from spilling. Bad idea! I hope you and your DH don’t catch COVID.

@Daisys and Diamonds I am with you - honest appraisals are fine; I can take criticism but when it’s not fair and your score is determined by a quota it is a bitter pill to swallow. Not looking forward to delivering them.

@canuk-gal that’s great you had a decent day at work. I am seriously doubting my sanity staying with this company. Not counting teaching I’ve only had 2 jobs post college. Maybe I should become a job hopper, huh? No surprise here but the 4 employees I have were all “given” to me either during some employee swap or they were working in some department that got eliminated. I didn’t get the cream of the crop.

Not much new here. Snow, cold, wind. Marty “might” get his truck back tomorrow. Poor guy - his cortisone shot must have warn off as his shoulder started complaining at him lifting tonight. He warned me via text before leaving the gym he was grumpy.

I think I am heading to Denver next Tuesday to maybe get a chunkier ring for my new sapphire. A friend of mine said she’d go with me. I’m guessing her DH will squash that idea; her ering doesn’t have the nicest diamond and she sure wants a larger, clearer diamond so he probably doesn’t want her jewelry shopping with me.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy (I hope) Tuesday.

@MamaBee very good news and I am keeping good thoughts for your mom and continued healing vibes. Big hugs to you my dear friend. That bracelet TDF gorgeous. Yes bling helps soften the blow of harsh events and makes life bearable at times. One day at a time. And your mom is in good hands thank goodness. She is where she needs to be and you guys can rest easy knowing she will be well taken care of...your DIL is a precious gem as are you. So pleased you have such a lovely daughter in law. Those flowers beautiful but your DIL's heart even more so. Just like her MIL. (((HUGS))).

@mrs-b aww my sweet friend I am so sorry you got those second degree burns. OUCH. Sending you continued healing dust and good thoughts for a speedy healing process. And NO covid. Absolutely not allowed. You and Tim are not going to get it. You might remember Greg and I saw the first surgeon for a consult, initial visit. And he did ultrasounds on both of our necks up close and personal for quite a while. Two initial consult appointments. In a closed exam room. Pretty tight quarters. And next day his Covid test was positive. Yup. But we didn't get it. So like I said NO Covid allowed and you and Tim are going to be Covid free. Big hugs and much love. Be well stay safe and nasty burn go away. And happy Australia Day! Australians are among my very favorite people in the world. ((((HUGS)))).

@canuk-gal sweet that work was good yesterday. May that continue to be the trend. Warm hugs being sent your way. Snow is on its way to us and I am Olang ready lol. Periodontal appointment today. Sometimes I wonder if I should just delay all medical appts til after I get both vaccines but then I think carry on...and live my life. But no mask during my periodontal appt today so it makes me wonder am I doing the right thing? Hugs to you and have a wonderful day.

@Slick1 how was your Monday? Rest of the week looking good I hope? Any updates? Big hugs. XOXO.

@Bayek my sweet friend Great Kate. Thank you for asking about me. I am doing OK. I have had the permanent chemical cauterization re my toe but not sure if it worked yet as you cannot really see what is happening there as he put the purple gentian dye on it and it still obscures much of the site. My thyroid and parathyroid have not yet been addressed re the surgery as I put that oh hold til Greg is well. So one day at a time we go. I am not in a rush to be cut open seeing what Greg went/is going through but I am not ignoring it either. Just can only take care of one big health issue at a time. Greg first, and I will be evaluated more completely later. Continued big hugs and much love. Can you believe how fast 2020 went? Did it go that fast for you? Or no because of all the house building issues? Well we are firmly into 2021 and this year is going to be a better year for us all. (((HUGS))).

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you sweet lady. Greg's leg was all (re)sewn up again. It was not a pretty sight to see and I had to insist he contact the derm (I did that actually) to get it restitched. I will include a photo but spoiler it so anyone who is squeamish can skip it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 4.42.31 AM.png

How are you Nicky? How is Gary? How is Melanie doing? I am keeping all of you in my thoughts. XOXO.

@springerspaniel how are you lovely lady? And how is your sweet dog and your sweet DH? Big hugs. Hope work is going well and life is good.

@Austina how did the tiling go yesterday? And how exciting re the house news. I would be thrilled to have you two doors down. That would be so wonderful for you and Adam and Kim and Colin. My fingers are crossed for you. Big hugs.

@Polabowla how are you feeling? Keeping you and your DH and children in my thoughts each day. Big hugs and continued healing vibes being sent your way. XOXO.

@Aerielle Max thank you so much. Hope all is going smoothly for you and your loved ones and sending you many good wishes and blingy dust too. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Big hugs.

Warning, vent ahead. Health insurance woes. What else. Oy to the vey.
So I got a letter from our health insurance company yesterday. Saying my GYN is no longer covered as of Dec 13, 2020. Whhhaaaaat. I am pissed. I just started with her for BHRT (Dec 3) and am in the middle of it and do not want to switch. I was on the phone with Cigna for 45 minutes yesterday and basically they need her to call them and see what can be done. Arghh. Is this the new normal? Take the doctors we are seeing and take them off our insurance? Take the meds we are prescribed and no longer cover them? Not cool. Not OK. Greg is like don't worry we will pay out of pocket. But we already pay out of pocket for so much of our health needs and what is the point of insurance then? So I am not giving up without a fight. We shall see. We shall see.

This morning I have my periodontal cleaning. I definitely do not enjoy this appointment. Nope. But it's a necessary evil. So that's my exciting day. Oh and snow is coming our way today. IDK what time. But I (hope) am ready.

((((HUGS)))).

Leaving you with a bit of bling that brightened my day yesterday despite the fact there was very little sun at all.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 4.58.35 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy ha ha - work is a killer bunny for sure. I just now had to call my boss because 2 employees just had another on air error. WTH? What is Coming Undone about? I wish winter was over; sadly it will get worse before it gets better here. Phooey!!! I am totally with you ladies on sad animal movies; I rarely shed a tear if people die in movies but have an animal get hurt or worse and I lose it. Oh no that Greg’s stitches in his leg came open. Glad you got in the safe and oiled up your gorgeous opal. Ooh to pretty earrings.

Thank you Marcy! PS is wonky today and I accidentally hit send without my reply to you but because PS is acting very weirdly and slowly I decided a separate post to you vs editing my first one and risking losing it. Coming Undone is about an unfaithful husband and what happens to his family as events unfold. I don't want to give anything else away. I went into it without knowing and it is more exciting that way I think. I believe you will enjoy it so give it a whirl if you have HBO Max. And boo to the employees who are making all those errors. Sounds like they are coming undone. LOL. Not.

Not much new here. Snow, cold, wind. Marty “might” get his truck back tomorrow. Poor guy - his cortisone shot must have warn off as his shoulder started complaining at him lifting tonight. He warned me via text before leaving the gym he was grumpy.

I think I am heading to Denver next Tuesday to maybe get a chunkier ring for my new sapphire. A friend of mine said she’d go with me. I’m guessing her DH will squash that idea; her ering doesn’t have the nicest diamond and she sure wants a larger, clearer diamond so he probably doesn’t want her jewelry shopping with me.

Good luck to Marty in getting his truck back tomorrow. Argh re the cortisone shot wearing off. I would be grumpy too. Pain is no fun at all. Oooh yes to chunkier ring. I love chunky :) Sweet your friend might keep you company. Hopefully her DH won't squash that. It's more fun shopping with friends though during Covid it's less fun but keep those masks on that is for sure. And please keep your Wyoming weather away from us too lol. Oh wait, too late. Sigh. Big hugs to you Marcy and enjoy a quiet calm peaceful uneventful work day. XOXO.

And just because you enjoy my opal (and thank you for enjoying it) I have another photo to share. It's a bit blurry but still a nice photo showing the colors and a bit of the profile.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 5.08.05 AM.png

Enjoy a good Tuesday. XOXO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina ooh I hope they accept your offer, Austin is so hot it's on fire. Where Adam lives is very much in demand, a beautiful area, beautiful homes, near all good things Austin has to offer, I so hope it's accepted, but if it isn't! there's always tomorrow.. Great news though that you guys are looking on line too. Soon enough we will all be inoculated and this will be a horrible memory. xoxoxo (oh glad the tiler came!)..

ETA: just read they want 25K more, that is absurd, these brokers use the starting price and the 'start' so why have a starting price if you want more? I dunno, it's one thing to pay the going price it's another to overpay (like I did with this house).. we were told last year to 'make our BEST offer on the land' I was annoyed.. I don't play games. They said also that they had another offer which I was SURE was a lie, but John wanted it so we overpaid :) I like it here, altho my mother always said, marry in haste - repent in leisure - and I feel that today... xo

Hello lovelies

You must be getting closer and closer to telling them to shove their job @marcy, oy, what a palaver and how awful that someone will have to go. Typical management passing the buck and making someone else do their dirty work. We’re channelling Wyoming here too, it’s absolutely freezing, and the snow has slowly started to melt, but it’s going to refreeze over night, so there’ll be lots of ice about tomorrow. I totally :lol: At your shoe getting stuck on the glue and you trying to extricate yourself.

How’s your Mum doing @MamaBee? I know it’s not charitable of me, but I can’t help think this is going to make your life much more difficult having to deal with her. I hope her pain is being managed and she’s comfortable. I’m really looking forward to seeing your bangle.

Your poor friend @Bayek, it would’ve totally made sense to vaccinate her in the hospital before sending her home, but it seems common sense is in short supply. I’m sorry your shoulder is still painful, and you’re still dealing with house crap, hopefully you’re on the home straight and it’ll all be finally done. Auti looked so cute in her Christmas dress, like a proper little girl. No travel for us for the foreseeable future, we’re not allowed to leave the country and we’re persona non grata everywhere anyway!

Oh no to Greg’s stitches opening up, and thank goodness you could get an appointment so quickly to get it seen too. It must have felt very odd going back to the apartment after so long, and yes, I can see how unsettling that was. You know, I was never a fan of opals, but every time I see yours, I’m always stunned by how beautiful it is, a real kaleidoscope of colours, isn’t it amazing what Mother Nature can do? I’m with you, I can’t bear watching nature documentaries either, it might be the circle of life, but I don’t want to see it happening.

How are you and the pooches @springerspaniel, I hope everything is ok?

The tiler turned up this morning and replaced the tiles, and now we have to wait for the adhesive to set before they can be grouted.

In other news, we’ve put an offer in on a house :shock: It’s 2 doors away from Adam and Kim:lol: We don’t actually expect it to be accepted, we’ve offered full asking, but as usual the realtors are trying to push us to offer more but we’ve said no, take it or leave it, and we’re prepared to walk away. We did actually have a walk through on another property today too, but it was too small and very dark inside, so not for us.

The vaccination programme is going great guns here, let’s hope they can keep it up, so we can get our jabs soon.

Big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee Bea is lovely! gorgeous, and looks smashing on you, and your flowers are so beautiful, and there is a lot of love going around your life for you! as it should be.. I have DIL I love too, she loves my son and Auti with all her heart and is great to me! lucky us, I hope your mom is doing well Joanne, may she mend quickly and with no problems! xoxo

@mrs-b so sorry about your hand, I am sure you will take great care of it, just rest! I sincerely hope you Covid test comes back clear, I read that sniffles is usually a cold but that dry cough and loss of taste and smell, those are real kickers.. so please enjoy your weather, Door-Dash if you can! or pizza.. be good to yourself :) sending healing dust to you and a KATE HUG! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal yeah! you and me! beating up the liars! I'm ready, yesterday 2 guys showed up and were walking around in back and John went out and they said they thought no one was home and they were there to move the automatic filler for the pool from the back to the shed, well we never heard about this, now the pool builder may have said that but he never alerted us, we tried calling the pool builder, swear this is his recorded message "can't come to the phone, try calling back" no ability to leave a message.. only in texas, only in texas. take care, stay warm and be safe! xoxoxo

@marcy ugh on the AA errors... which probably no one noticed. Yup those appraisals are terrible, my husband's company stopped them years ago, went back to the more traditional ones where manager rated you, peers rated you and you respond, all BS also but less than the ranking, filing and firing.. ugh.. and yup on Grandma's cookies.. Auti LOVES cookies... Hope the truck is back today for Marty! xoxo

@missy well, glad to read about the toe, I do so hope this worked! :) I understand and would do the same for John before me, let's get one of us on the straight and narrow and feeling better before the other goes for continued treatment/surgery, but I know you will place your probs in stasis till Greg is up to what you consider fine before you forge ahead BUT I won't forget :) (nor will you) but I plan to be there for you.

WTH! your doctor is no longer on CIGNA? this makes my blood boil, as of 12/13?? what happened to 12/31! I am so so sorry, and girlie it's not a rant, we could all here turn it into a treatise - a tome! it's really disgusting Missy and I am so sorry, your gyn has probably not accepted the rates Cigna wants to pay, I'm guessing, and so therefore - bye!, it's truly disgusting what we put up with after working, and being good members of society and life to have to grovel for health insurance that doesn't take all our savings or corrupt our lives with bad medicine! sorry I am ranting.. I hope it can be worked out with your gyn.. and so sorry :(

I hope the periodontal cleaning went well, or passable.. I know it's a necessary evil, but I also know they hurt.

The collette (? sp) earrings are regal! I love them on you and they do sparkle! and okay THAT OPAL! sigh.. love.. :) xoxoxo love you!!

Greetings and happy Tuesday to all our NIRDI's.. hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying winter (well as much as we can ya know ;-) )

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 Hi Slick, thank you for your kind words and yup this road has been a beatch. I suppose I've become so paranoid I think I always have an infection in my jaw, no pockets or anything like that but if they drill in! dunno.. hope you are doing well! xoxoxo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope the dental visit went well @missy. If your dental practices are anything like ours, I know even in normal circumstances, the cleaning protocols and safety measures are already quite strict, so now they’re even more rigid. Insurance companies, Shysters, the lot of them. I hope Greg’s leg has been attended to and he’s feeling a lot more comfortable now. Is Greg’s coughing due to the operation itself, or from being intubated? That can be incredibly irritating for some time after.

Thanks @Slick1, Adam and Kim are actually becoming official this coming Sunday :mrgreen: Have you managed to get a new appt for your vaccination?

That’s such great news that your mother will be going straight to a rehab centre, @MamaBee, I hope I didn’t sound uncaring, I was worried that you’re already so stretched , the extra work of her coming straight home would be the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. How sweet of your DIL to send such beautiful flowers, what a pick me up, and shows what a wonderful MIL you are. I’m glad you‘re enjoying your fabulous bangle, it’s turned out beautifully.

Glad you had a decent day at work @canuk-gal, long may it continue. Our arctic scene is slowly melting, just got to hope we don’t get an overnight freeze or it’ll be a skating rink.

Yep @Bayek, I know it’s not personal, but I still think these tactics stink, and I’m sorry they pulled that on you. We’ll get there, we’re sure of that, it’s just a question of time.

I hate it too @mrs-b. If they expect more money, then just ask for what they want. That’s not the way it works here, you put your house on the market for the price you want, people will either offer you the price, or slightly less, and you say yes or no. We’re always very straight dealing with people, so this really doesn’t sit well with us that after seeing the proof of funds, they suddenly wanted $25,000 more. How’s your hand today, I hope it’s not so painful.

Glad your house worked out for you @Daisys and Diamonds.

Oy @marcy sorry there‘re more work woes. I hope Marty’s truck is all fixed and oh no to the shot wearing off so his shoulder’s groaning. How fun to be able to look for a new setting for your beautiful sapphire, and I suspect your friend’s husband thinks you’re a bad influence :lol:

Thanks for all the support over the house. We have always been very philosophical, we’ve missed out on houses in the past, and something we’ve preferred has come along. We’ve only been looking for the last couple of weeks, so we’re confident ‘our’ home is out there. As things stand, we’re not sure when processing for applications will begin again, and we can’t go up to London for an interview anyway till things improve, so we have plenty of time. Hopefully, later in the year, once we’re vaccinated and travelling has been reinstated, we can get over there and be on the spot to look.

Lazy day here, fortunately not as cold as yesterday, the snow is melting, let’s hope it goes away completely. We’ve decided to have a break from decorating this week, and start again next week.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are staying safe and well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy how are you and Greg doing today? That is really crappy about Cigna no longer offering coverage for your gynecologist. I know doctors and insurance companies play that game but I don’t remember why. I sadly don’t have HBO Max but who knows what Marty might sign us up for on streaming services. Sadly Marty didn’t get his pickup back. My friend is going for sure jewelry shopping and I believe she is going to look at diamonds. Fun for both of us! The colors and glow in your opal are so fabulous! It’s stunning. I hope your dental appointment went well.

@Bayek that is awesome you have a great DIL. That makes such a difference. Speaking of Door Dash my SIL had supper delivered twice here when she was visiting. Such excitement for me. From what I understand a lot of companies have done away with appraisals; I wish ours would as well. Mmm cookies. I hope everything is going well with your house. Did you hear how Kath is doing today?

@Austina Marty didn’t get to pick up his truck today; he should be home soon so maybe he knows something on it. I am anxious to go jewelry shopping and I think my friend is actually going to look at diamonds. I’m already pricing out things for upgrades. Good philosophy on finding your house; we did house shopping off and on and both times it worked out perfectly. Enjoy some lazy times and warmer days.

@MamaBee how is your mom doing today?

@mrs-b how is your hand doing today?

No calamities at work today. Woo hoo. Of course the day isn’t over yet. There didn’t seem to be any backlash from our mistake last night which is surprising. My boss is having his team start back in the office every day next week. I imagine my team will be next if we continue to have mistakes. They are all last minute changes so it makes it so hard to catch. I’ll be more diligent.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy and Wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies.

@marcy thank you. And darn that Marty didn't get his truck back yet. Yay your friend is going bling shopping with you. Thank you for your lovely opal compliments. She really is a stunner. IRL even more so. The dental appointment went well thanks. Yay for no calamities at work yesterday. Relief. I hope you don't have to go back daily to in office work yet. Hope today is a good day at work for you and that Marty gets his truck back soon. XO.

@Bayek thank you for the earring love and the sympathy/empathy too. It makes little sense re the date they stopped coverage. I have my next appt in February and I am hoping somehow this issue is resolved in my favor at least temporarily though I may be dreaming. My periodontal appt went very well. The dental hygienist and periodontist are impressed with how far I have come and my gums are good now. I am still going to see them every 3 months and insurance doesn't cover that either. I am over this insurance BS and just very grateful we can afford to see the doctors we want to and can pay out of pocket. My heart goes out to everyone who does not have or cannot afford good health care. It is a right IMO and not a privilege. I will step off my soap box for now. Please update us re the house and your sweet family and what is going on...big big hugs Kate the very great. XOXO.

@Austina you did the right thing. 100%. I am sorry it didn't work out but as I said yesterday I am hoping the sellers come back to you and say they will accept your full price offer now. Fingers crossed. And if they don't your dream home is still out there then and waiting for you. This one isn't meant to be if they don't come back and say they will accept your initial offer. The dental hygienist didn't get the Covid vaccine and isn't planning to as she said she is in good health and too much is unknown about it. Sigh. I really like her and she is great at what she does and she loves the clarinet and plays in a band in her free time. She is a wonderful soul. I am disappointed about her decision though and if more people feel like this and don't get the vaccine this pandemic won't end. I do feel it is the selfish decision though I get where she is coming from...her dear friend was hospitalized with Covid in November and yet she still doesn't want to get the vaccine. I get it for people who have severe allergies (marcy!) and shouldn't get it but for someone like the hygienist who is healthy well she should get it for the sake of all around her to end the pandemic. OK Off my soapbox.

Have a good day and hugs.

@MamaBee glad your mom is being directly transferred to the rehab center tomorrow (I think that's what you said) and before you know it she will be good to come home and safe to come home too. Glad finally things are working out. And BEE-autiful is your new bangle. Banglelicious and Bee-reathtaking. Swoon! Hugs.

@Slick1 dear friend hope your week is going smoothly. Big hugs.

@MMtwo how are you doing? Continued well wishes and hugs being sent your way. XO.

@canuk-gal hope work went well yesterday and your weather is calming down. It's still freezing here. But we are closer to spring now than we were yesterday woohoo. Hugs.

@mrs-b glad your hand is feeling better and yup see I felt so empathetic for you I had to go burn myself lol. My burn is much better and wasn't near the severity of yours. I iced it on and off while Greg and I played cards yesterday and it is almost not hurting anymore. Just a 3 pain level. A big nothing now. Big hugs and continued healing vibes to you. And no Covid vibes being sent your way. I hope your test came back NEGATIVE. Fingers crossed.

@Daisys and Diamonds good morning/good evening and hugs.

@bling_dream19 how are you sweet friend? How goes January? We are just a couple of months away from Spring woohoo. We spoke with J the ice cream guy the other day and he is well. When things are good (ie pandemic over) we are all going to go there and treat you and your sweet DH to his delicious ice cream. Hoping he will still be at his shoppe then...he has been offered a lot of money to sell the space as he owns the land and he is in a valuable area. I am (selfishly) hoping he doesn't sell but I do want him to do what is best for him. He said he would look to reopen in another area but we spoke about it and there really is no better area and his business might not make it somewhere else. Though with the pandemic every small business is struggling. OK enough about that. Big hugs to you and your DH.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going well and hugs.

As I wrote above my periodontal cleaning went well. Both the periodontist and hygienist are impressed with how far I have reversed my gum issues and they are pink and healthy and non inflamed with no bleeding or gum disease anymore. So yay.

We are still waiting for the pathology report from Greg's thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Greg texted the surgeon last night and he said he will check on it again. It's strange it hasn't come back yet a full 2 weeks post surgery and that worries me but I am keeping good thoughts and hoping and praying it is a clean and good report.

It was a hail/sleet/snowy day yesterday but nothing has really stuck on the ground. And I forgot to tell you girls that we had our tree taken care of yesterday and hopefully this will help it be healthy. It was double the cost of cutting it down but we wanted to save it and hoping this works. They also trimmed all our other trees on the property so yay for that. I did not want Greg doing that. Nope.

Have a wonderful (I hope) Wednesday and leaving you with a photo of my "AVR" that I wore yesterday. I really enjoy mixing it up re the bling. I wore it with MaryAnn and Ginger. :)

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 7.09.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 7.12.19 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Hi! hope you are having a nice early evening. Wedding is this Sunday? how exciting, Adam and Kim are probably exciting, if you can, post a pix of them (sans face :) ) they are very Austin! very cool.. I saw your pix of your dress when you married yesterday - I thought it was gorgeous and looks a bit big on you now.. Hope the snow is all melted and warmer weather is coming. As to your house here, it's waiting for you guys it just hasn't shown its face online yet! fun times ahead for you Austina, def. sending hugs and love. xo

@missy So very very happy to read your gums are in much better shape and the perio cleaning went smoooothly :) We had some trees taken care here last summer, we shall see if any survive, we have horrible oak wilt disease and we will have to start planting trees soon, Texas is full of oak wilt unfortunately, I hope your tree is happy and will bloom in the spring! Burns, ugh I look like I stuck both my arms in an open flame, I have never been able to NOT burn myself.. so sorry you had a burn :( it sounds like you feel better and playing cards with Greg! good news that he's feeling okay! glad to read it. Re: Hygienist, I don't get it, you work in people's mouths, why not get the vaccine, she's lucky her employer hasn't asked her to leave, one plays with fire if one does not get the vaccine, wishing her well. Our FAVORITE Tex-Mex restaurant almost went under, they got a loan from somewhere, they didn't say but they are still there.. it's so crazy.. talked to Chris before coming on, he's said it's cold and grey today! ooh I love those kind of days.. miss them... his lease is coming up, they didn't offer any months free and only raised his rent 5.00$ ha! he's going to research and see what kind of deals he can get in the Clinton Hill area, compare and then approach the landlord, if they don't budge, he will move.. miss him.. so my dear and wonderful friend, you stay warm, you stay safe, you stay healthy.. miss you miss missy! love you too! xoxoxo

@mrs-b hola! how is your burn??? how are you? I hope you don't have covid and watch for you to post your results.. sending you a elbow hit since you have your burn and love to you and thinking of you and hope to see you post soon how you are doing! xoxox

To all of us NIRIDI's it's another day closer to being able to move freely again! time...

Yesterday they showed up and plastered the pool! yeah, we are getting there.. close...

pix! love you guys!

1611772759994.png

1611772818205.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon, ladies!

Hand was considerably improved yesterday and no pain today. Blisters - but not really painful - just sort of tight.

We had a telemed visit with our dr yesterday, and she said that, since our symptoms were so mild and it was so long since we'd been exposed to our physical therapist, it was too late to warrant testing. But then yesterday, Tim, who is almost *never* ill, started getting worse, and today is very blocked up. His symptoms started on Monday, so we basically went our separate ways at that point and have been living in different parts of the house since then. My throat is getting more sore and so now I'm really wondering if I should go back to her and ask for a referral for a test. Tim seems more ill than me - tho not a lot - but our symptoms seem *exactly* the same as the ones our PT and her staff has/had. All three of them had what seemed like cold symptoms, and not really any more serious. They felt very tired with sore throats and runny noses. So hopefully that's what we've got. Or maybe nothing at all? Sigh. how on earth do you tell?? Altho - Tim is blowing 'green', so whatever it is, it's not nothing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I'm sorry Tim and you are not feeling well and I think a Covid test would be a good idea. Just so you know what you are dealing with..hopefully though it's not Covid. Continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent your and Tim's way. (((HUGS))).

@Bayek yay pool. I am with you. Anyone dealing with patients all day long should get the vaccines but people have their own ideas. Sigh. It is cold and gray here too. Hope Chris gets the apartment he wants and that his landlord cooperates. The big tree we are trying to save in our yard has wire around it to help it along. Fingers crossed it works. Our favorite Mexican restaurant went under :( in Park Slope. Glad yours is hanging on. I feel for the small businesses and restaurants. Impossible situation for everyone. Love you and miss you too Kate the Great. XOXO.

Update:
Finally we got the pathology report. Of course we were out of the house and hiking when the surgeon called lol but the upshot is for now we wait 3 months and see if RAI is needed. The cancer was papillary thyroid cancer and it was in more than one area so it's called multifocal. That wasn't picked up during all the scans etc before the surgery. The one lymph node he biopsied right next to the thyroid was clear yay. The parathyroid he removed was cellular meaning very over active. So just like I thought he should have removed more of it but OK we wait and see.

The cancer at this point looks contained :pray: but we will know more in time. The surgeon is presenting Greg's case at a medical conference next month and will get more opinions. He leads the conference so he was joking he tells everyone to shut up lol. As of now we monitor Greg and remain vigilant and do what we need to do.

The surgeon gave me the hugest compliment today. I was taken aback honestly and was not expecting such accolades. After all the surgeon did all the hard work. But he said (he was on speaker with the both of us thank goodness the woods were deserted) he never had such a great patient caregiver as I was/am to Greg. He said he wishes all his patients had such wonderful care. He went on to say how impressed he is with how well I am taking care of Greg and that Greg should listen to me haha. Wise man indeed. :)

In the meantime Greg is coughing so much and his throat still hurts but that is probably from the intubation and the surgeon said it takes a while to heal fully from all Greg has been through. We see the surgeon next week for another follow up. All in all good news.

I would have loved to hear that the cancer definitely has not spread (we just don't know anything for sure) and that Greg doesn't need RAI but we just don't know and in time we shall see. And of course the parathyroids remain a big concern and Greg might need to have more of them out with time. But one day at a time and we shall do what we need to do. And we are pleased and relieved re the pathology report so will take it and continue taking it all one day at a time. Which is all any of us can do.

Thank you girls for being the most wonderful support system and caring individuals on and off line. Big hugs to each and everyone of you. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of our hike today.
It's very cold and dreary out but the good news brightened our (shorter than usual because Greg is still quite fatigued) hike .

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 3.02.34 PM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek - that pool looks HUGE! What are its dimensions? It looks fabulous! How is your friend? I've been thinking about her a lot. Hang in there, my friend - you have so much on your plate at the moment. oxo

@missy - those OEC studs.... :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Goodness me! How is *your* burn today? And is Greg's leg holding up ok? I'm glad your perio appt went well and things sound much improved.

@marcy - when the heck are you going to get some good news re Marty's truck?? I'm glad work has been a little better, tho. Can you tell me what you do for a living? I've been trying to work it out from your posts and I just can't guess it.

@Austina - I'm glad you're having a week off decorating. I know from experience - one's marriage can only take so much of that!! Did the snow melt? I love it when it's falling and I love it just after it's done falling. But after that - I just want it to go away.

@MamaBee - how is your mom doing? Has she gone into rehab yet? If not, when does she go? I hope her recovery is fast and solid. Are you enjoying your new bangle? How could you not be?! <3

@Daisys and Diamonds - how is Gary doing? How are his eyes and do you have any progress re getting medical assistance and the testing he needs? It's just madness that he's not getting more help. I'm so sorry for all the pressure you're under and am sending you big hugs!

@Slick1- how are you doing?

@Polabowla - any improvement? How are you feeling?

@springerspaniel - how is your pup? Thinking of you....

@MMtwo - I'm thinking of you. I know you're doing it tough; my thoughts are with you.

Hugs to NIRDIs!

ETA @missy - I just saw your update. I'm so glad you have the results, finally! I'm with you, tho - I wish you'd heard definitively that the cancer had not spread. And I'm sorry Greg's throat is still sore. I wish there was nothing *to* share at a conference - but I have to say, I, personally, have always had good success from a group of people focussing on one of my health issues, so I think good will come from it for Greg.

And yes. You are an awesome caregiver - both for Greg, but also for all your friends here. We love you. ox <3

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, that IS good news, and your mantra of one day at a time is particularly relevant now. I think (and that’s just me) that if they thought it would be detrimental, they wouldn’t be recommending waiting 3 months to see if more treatment is needed. That’s interesting that Greg will be getting extra attention and more opinions at the medical conference your surgeon is going to, best of all worlds to be the subject of special scrutiny. I’m not surprised the surgeon is impressed with your caregiving skills, we all know you to be such a caring person, especially for the love of your life. Good job on getting your gums back in good order, more good news. We cancelled our dental appointments this week, but I can’t wait to go for a good clean, hopefully if things have improved by March, we’ll reschedule. I do recall when I had my wisdom teeth out, that not only did my chest hurt from where they’d obviously been leaning on me, but my throat was so sore from the intubation that it took quite a while to feel normal.

Oh no @mrs-b, I’m sorry to hear you’re both feeling so unwell, hopefully just the seasonal snots and nothing worse. Good idea to give yourselves some distance at home, the benefits of having the room. I do hope you’ll start feeling better soon. Glad to hear your burns aren’t too bad now. I hope you can see the floor in this photo, one of the tiles has been replaced right by the table.
576CB6BA-10CA-40BF-B204-EA89C7554F6B.jpeg

Woohoo, glad the pool is coming along @Bayek, progress at last, it’s going to be gorgeous, and in time for the good weather. I hope Chris finds a great apartment and that you’ll be able to visit soon, it’s not much fun missing them is it. I’m not sure they’ll even take photos on Sunday, it really is such a low key event for them, but if they do, I’ll definitely show you.

I hope your Mum is as comfortable as possible @MamaBee and can start her rehab soon.

Oh phooey @marcy, I’m hoping Marty has had some news re his truck. Honestly, these idiots that cause accidents really have no idea the aggravation they case for others.

We had another walk through this evening, I really like the house, despite the fact it’s got the worst decor you’ve ever seen, and the carpets, oy, I think they’ve been used as dog toilets :sick: We’re going to have a good think about it as it’s a bit of a project, but nothing I feel we can’t handle.

All the snow has gone today and it’s definitely not as cold. Our friend John has got his appointment on Monday for his first dose of vaccine so hopefully Colin’s will come through soon.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Well, you should call your doctor and get a strep test, you may have strep throat, I never had but once and that was after a doctor visit sitting next to a child was there to be tested and was coughing.. I'm sorry you and your husband are still under par, with Covid it's just so dang scary, take care, hot tea! lemon or honey.. xo Kate

ETA: thank you for asking about my bestie, she's back in the hospital with not a ventricular storm just your run of the mill arrythmia that sent her AED device shocking her and they headed to the ER and in the ER they re-tuned her AED and meds and then kept her overnight (last night) because of the fluid in her lungs, she had emailed me that they found staph infection in her lung before leaving the hospital last week, so I am not sure what is going on, but her husband said the heart docs where deciding on what to do about the fluid and should they go into the lung and drain or antibiotics, Jim thought that they wouldn't do that and that she may go home today, but not heard anything yet and it's 5:30 pm here so I'm guessing she's still in.. Thank you for asking again and I'm sure this is more than you asked for but it has helped me writing it! The pool? don't know the dimensions, but I do know it's 14K gallons, not real big, okay size, good enough for me! I do so hope you are feeling better soon and your husband also. xoxo

Good afternoon, ladies!

Hand was considerably improved yesterday and no pain today. Blisters - but not really painful - just sort of tight.

We had a telemed visit with our dr yesterday, and she said that, since our symptoms were so mild and it was so long since we'd been exposed to our physical therapist, it was too late to warrant testing. But then yesterday, Tim, who is almost *never* ill, started getting worse, and today is very blocked up. His symptoms started on Monday, so we basically went our separate ways at that point and have been living in different parts of the house since then. My throat is getting more sore and so now I'm really wondering if I should go back to her and ask for a referral for a test. Tim seems more ill than me - tho not a lot - but our symptoms seem *exactly* the same as the ones our PT and her staff has/had. All three of them had what seemed like cold symptoms, and not really any more serious. They felt very tired with sore throats and runny noses. So hopefully that's what we've got. Or maybe nothing at all? Sigh. how on earth do you tell?? Altho - Tim is blowing 'green', so whatever it is, it's not nothing.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina it's always amazing to me when people allow their animals to piddle and don't do a good job of cleaning up, seriously, they have the enzymatic cleaners today and they are good :) I know it's low key for Adam and Kim but how wonderful, so happy for you I really am.. and YES how much do I miss my son? the world size, I talked to him today, his hair is so long.. and hopefully he get's a good deal on an apt!.. you take care and new title: Mother-in-law! hah! i love it. xoxoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Overall this is GREAT news, of course I immediately stopped at the multifocal and went reading and I read in Wiki that it is VERY common to have this, so much hooray YAY for the lymph node being clear, such good news there - I know we'd rather not be there but this is the best news I think you can get really about the lymph node, good chances they got it all.. hugs hugs and more hugs.. AND of course all people should be like Missy! I'm not at all surprised that the surgeon thought you the BEST caregiver and that Greg should listen to YOU.. Team MissynGreg! best of the best of the best.. It does not sound like the para's are cancerous, but if they are enlarged, off they go, I read after my sister died that all they need is like 1/2 of one and they don't even have to put it in the neck, Greg does not need overactive parathyroid glands, nor anyone. BIG HUGS to YOU, we all love you here but Missy you have been SUPERIOR, really, I don't know anyone who would have handled this the way you have.. you put on your doctor coat and became the clinician and the loving wife, so proud to know you, hugs hugs hugs.. GREG! hugs to you hugely! xoxoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee Hola lady! how's your mom and you and the family etc doing? hope EVERYONE is well and that your mom is improving. xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was an all together upsetting day. My mom is in extreme pain. The doctor at the hospital was going to release her to the rehab center. I told him he needed to get her pain managed first. She said the pain was “excruciating“. They were giving her large doses of plain Tylenol and Tramadol. I convinced him to keep her in the hospital until she has better pain relief. He’s going to try different meds. It was sad talking to her today. She sounded so fragile.

I love my new bangle but it’s a little too big. It keeps turning on my wrist. I emailed David. He will shorten it...So I will be without Bee for a while again.

I‘m also upset that my ACA will most likely not be shipped tomorrow. Vera said I should soon
have the results of the I color diamond I upgraded. I don’t know why it’s taking so long. The only thing I can think of is they delayed sending it out when I had the F diamond sent to GIA. I’m so disappointed...

@missy I’m so happy Greg’s report looks really good. It made my day..
@mrs-b I hope you and your hubby are well and don’t have Covid. Please call your doctor back and get the test. XO
I promise tomorrow it won’t be all about me..I’m having a whine party today..but I’ll be back to normal tomorrow...haha

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy glad to hear your dental appointment went okay and they were pleased with your progress. Marty did get his pickup back. The new exhaust pipe got scratched so they ordered a new one and he’ll take it back when it comes in. The electronics seem to be working fine. Good deal to get your trees taken care of and trimmed up. Glad to hear Greg’s cancer hasn’t spread. That is awesome the surgeon complimented you on how well you take care of Greg. Of course we know Greg takes awesome care of you as well. I am sorry Greg is still coughing and sore; it was such a major surgery though so I hope he gets better every day. Mega dust to him and big hugs to both of you.

@Bayek yay for getting the pool plastered! That’s nice your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant found money to keep going. Quite a few mom and pop places have gone under here. I hope Chris finds a good deal on rent. Of course I don’t even want to imagine the price of rent there for him. I hate to hear your friend had to go back to the hospital but glad they found what was going on with her lungs.

@mrs-b I am relieved to hear your hand is doing better. I hate to hear you and Tim are both getting sick; hopefully you both start feeling better right away! Mega dust coming your way. Marty is happy to get his truck back. I run an editing department for television and one of our biggest responsibilities is applying blackouts on sporting events. Cancellations to live games due to COVID are making it vert difficult to stay ahead of things. So even if we make a tiny mistake millions of people can see it.

@Austina beautiful flowers on your table. Ford was going to keep his pickup until his replacement tail pipe, exhaust came in and Marty said no he was tired of paying for the car rental. Glad you saw another house you like; darn that this one would take some work. Nice your snow has melted. I wish I could say that.

@MamaBee I am sorry to hear your mom is in so much pain. I am glad they are keeping her to try different pain meds. Darn that your ACA isn’t shipping tomorrow. When I ordered my dangles from WF in the spring I know they were having problems with vendors either closed or only operating part time and I can easily believe that is still common. Doesn’t make it easier waiting on something like your beautiful new diamond.

I was a walking klutz today. My work laptop died from the battery running low so I had it plugged and moved my cup of ice water so I wouldn’t spill it - naturally where I moved it to wasn’t smart because I knocked it over on the floor. I had to move the loveseat, fold up the rug and rug pad to keep the floor from getting wet. I dropped and broke a dish, dropped my phone on the floor, missed the rack putting the barbell back when lifting definitely will have a bruise from “blocking” it with my arm. Luckily I made it to the bank and back without incident.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results