shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

@Slick1 my heart is with you. We've lived the (exasperating) experience of (years of) restorative dental work for my DH. Miles and piles. And you, beauty, are worth it! Stay safe! Don't work too hard! And your ring is superb--a thousand hugs for those photos alone!

@Bayek if I could fix your caulking and secure your gas fittings, I would!!! Your home is beautiful..and when it is performs like a super ideal diamond, we'll all be at peace. When settled, I'll bring , good booze.:cool2:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!
It's freezing (literally) here and super windy. Keeping my fingers crossed we don't lose power.

We had a wonderful hike yesterday. First hike since the surgery. Not a difficult hike but more challenging than the walks we have been enjoying since the surgery. It was muddy and fun lol. And we did a bit over 4 miles so woohoo. I don't want to jinx it but knock wood Greg is feeling a little better. Still tired but hopefully that will improve once we figure out the right dose of meds and the right meds.

@Slick1 I am drooling all over my keyboard (figuratively lol) over that ring of yours. Swoon! I am thrilled for you and it is perfection. You deserve that and more. Enjoy a wonderful weekend. And yes I cannot wait for your dental work to be complete. It has been a long journey for you and you are a brave and strong individual. You rock. Literally and figuratively. Congrats to J for making the paper. She is super talented and a special person all around. Doesn't surprise me in the least. She is yours and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Yay for her new apartment and moving in April. I share your vaccine reservations due to my AI issues and my highly reactive allergic responses. That makes me nervous. While I am going to get the vaccine when it is available to me despite my health issues I am a bit anxious about it. I won't lie. It isn't a slam dunk decision for me but for the fact I want the pandemic to end and the only way for that to happen is for most of us to get the vaccine. XOXO.

@MamaBee have a wonderful weekend and stay warm and cozy. Soon you will have your icy white bling to cool you off and warm your heart simultaneously. Hugs.

@Bayek girlie, no need to apologize. I love you and we all have our problems. No need to categorize whose problems are worse lol. Our problems matter to us because they are our problems and I don't play the comparison game. I am hopeful your home woes will be completely worked out soon and you will be so pleased it is over and you are finally done with this aggravation. It has been a long journey.

By the way, I did text you the other day...are you getting my texts Kate?
Big hugs and much love. LOVE the photos and Auti is the sweetest. :love:

@Austina what is on your weekend agenda? It is so cold here we are staying inside pretty much the entire weekend unless we go to Brooklyn to get our mail. Haven't been there for a very long time. I am feeling lazy though lol. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend. Any vaccine updates?

@canuk-gal enjoy a wonderful weekend. Stay warm and cozy. XOXO.

@Polabowla I hope each day brings you more relief and that you are feeling better and stronger and I am keeping your DH in my thoughts. Hugs.

@GK2 I am thinking of you and your DH and sending continued bucketloads of healing dust. And gentle hugs.

@sarahb hugs and more hugs. Hope life is sweet right now and all is well. I am thinking of you.

@PierreBear aww you are the sweetest. Big hugs.

@Keeliamira hope your recovery continues to go well and you are feeling great. XOXO.

@marcy yay it's the weekend. Enjoy. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 my dear friend hope your work week ended on a good note and you are enjoying a wonderful and happy weekend with your sweet DH. Hugs.

@Scandinavian hugs to you and your sweet family. I just came across photos when you all visited us and they brought back very happy memories.

Hi to everyone else. Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

Leaving you with a few pics from our hike yesterday. Swans up first.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.18.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.19.31 AM.png

@marcy @MamaBee can you find Greg? 8)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was cold but I ventured out to my favorite bakery and fish market--got some yummies. I actually found a pair of leggings in my drawer (leopard no less) and wore them with my high boots. Naturally my parka covered everything anyway. LOL

Work was actually nice for me yesterday--I was on the computer a lot so I got to see my little ring all day--and no one noticed! Fulfilled my goal of being under the radar! Monday....will be busy however......

I am glad Greg is up to short walks @missy . I hope his fatigue and pain continue to diminish.

NIRDI shout out! Everyone stay safe and warm. It will continue with LOW temps all this week. I guess winter is finally here.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 thank you so much Slick! I've not started restoration, I mean frankly I could still have a slow moving infection in my jaw still, I had an oral surgeon here look at my jaw before my shoulder surgery this past July and he said it looked fine, but EVERY TIME a surgeon cut into my gum - infection, I am just a jaded old Irish woman :) glad your work is going well and hope your teacher work is going well too!! xoxo
and a BIG OOOO WOW on your new ring, it's gorgeous, I love the stone and the setting is COOL! and beautiful! xoxo again ..

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon !!! thank you so much - today John found a broken pipe outside for the septic system, it's just an effing laugh a minute.. pfft.. I am so sorry that your husband has needed oodles of restorative work, and as a victim myself, I can tell you that minimum I've paid for two implants and never got the 5K back.. ... I get thisclosetothinking about yanking them all out.... anyway.. hope all is well in Canada and you are having wonderful winter weather! xoxoxo

@Polabowla thank you and back to you !!! all my best xo

@missy Marvelous Missy, I am so happy to hear that you had a short hike yesterday.. and boy those pictures are beautiful and make me miss the NE so much... so beautiful.... miss you but am glad you are getting out with Greg, I would bet he's tired Missy, so much and such a hard 2 years for you guys.. jeeze, I am glad he's on the mend.. he's such a sweetie, you deserve him! give him a Kate the GReaT hug.. hugs to furbabies.. I'm here anytime Missy.. love you. xoxoxo and sending hug vibes and healthy healing vibes for Greg and you too, you deserve hug vibes and don't let YOU get sick... xoxoxoxo

@Keeliamira how are you doing? I hope well, I am doing better with handling life right now and hope to read soon that all is good. xoxoxo

@MamaBee give me the skinny on your new ring! cannot wait, I'm a bit G R E E N, but not really, your taste as always is impeccable. hope the grands and sons and Shotzie and YOU are all well. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hey Junie, how's your life? are you in the NE or the SE? how are the kids and husband and YOU! xoxoxo miss you.

So can anyone tell me what is up with Jimmianne aka MarionC? Jimmi if you read this, miss you.. @MarionC text me if you want. !

my friend now has pneumonia - they think, before she came home the hospital did 3 xrays and all showed fluid in the lung and they checked it and it's staph.. never rains but pours and pours for this woman.. best place to be when sick if one can be - at home.

xoxo to all

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday girls!

HI:

I was cold but I ventured out to my favorite bakery and fish market--got some yummies. I actually found a pair of leggings in my drawer (leopard no less) and wore them with my high boots. Naturally my parka covered everything anyway. LOL

Work was actually nice for me yesterday--I was on the computer a lot so I got to see my little ring all day--and no one noticed! Fulfilled my goal of being under the radar! Monday....will be busy however......

I am glad Greg is up to short walks @missy . I hope his fatigue and pain continue to diminish.

NIRDI shout out! Everyone stay safe and warm. It will continue with LOW temps all this week. I guess winter is finally here.

cheers--Sharon

Yup it is winter here too. I thought the winds were going to diminish today but nope. It is 25 mph winds all day and it sounds ferocious outside. Greg is doing well thanks for asking. He is sleeping OK and feeling better each day. Still tired but that is to be expected. Stay warm and comfy cozy Sharon and happy Sunday. And haha yes to leopard leggings and high boots. Love that look. And yummm to baked goods. Hope you enjoy(ed). XO.

@missy Marvelous Missy, I am so happy to hear that you had a short hike yesterday.. and boy those pictures are beautiful and make me miss the NE so much... so beautiful.... miss you but am glad you are getting out with Greg, I would bet he's tired Missy, so much and such a hard 2 years for you guys.. jeeze, I am glad he's on the mend.. he's such a sweetie, you deserve him! give him a Kate the GReaT hug.. hugs to furbabies.. I'm here anytime Missy.. love you. xoxoxo and sending hug vibes and healthy healing vibes for Greg and you too, you deserve hug vibes and don't let YOU get sick... xoxoxoxo

Aww Great Kate thank you. He is on the mend. I hugged him from you and am now hugging you from us. Hope you can feel the love. Stay well and stay happy and soon we will be past this. Ugh about your dear friend having pneumonia and I hope she recovers quickly and fully. I am glad she is home and hopefully being in her own bed surrounded by her loved ones is the best medicine. That and antibiotics if necessary. How is your shoulder Kate? How are you feeling in general? Big hugs to you.

@Slick1 hope you are having a lovely weekend and staying warm. I am with you re driving a long distance for the vaccine. Nope. Looks like the USA might delay the second dose for people who are getting the first dose now. I wonder about its efficacy and it makes me question getting it soon because if one gets it now and then is delayed by months how effective is the vaccine? Seems quite risky and if one gets it and then second dose delayed you cannot start all over again with the first. So yeah it's confusing to say the least. Enjoy this Sunday and be well. XOXO.

@MamaBee have a wonderful Sunday. Big hugs. I don't remember did your mom get the first vaccine? Any luck registering for you and your DH?

Yesterday we stayed home as it was bitterly cold and windy. We played cards and the day, as all days lately, went by quickly. Today we are debating going to Brooklyn to get the mail. I am so not in the mood as it is really again a bitterly cold windy blustery day. I just feel like doing nothing, but we shall see. Doing nothing is not an option of course and I have to start vacuuming and cleaning the house and then my workout and then, perhaps we will head to Brooklyn to get the mail. We shall see.

Have a wonderful warm and cozy day girls. Big hugs.

Leaving you with a painting by our favorite local artist. Suits the season and the day I think.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.21.13 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s winter here! Woke up to it snowing quite heavily, but it’s stopped now, and the snow has settled for a while.

I’m with you @missy, I had breakfast, had a shower then put on a lovely clean pair of fleecy pyjamas, and that’s the way it’s going to be today. I’ve been down on my hands and knees cleaning the kitchen floor, and we’ve moved the table ready for the tiler tomorrow.

I’m so glad to hear that Greg is slowly feeling better day by day, he seems to be doing remarkably well considerably everything he’s been through. He’s made of strong stuff.

Oy @Bayek, what the hell? Another problem you really don’t need. I’m so sorry to hear your friend now has pneumonia, the poor soul is really going through it. Hopefully, she’ll do better at home and soon start feeling better. These days it definitely is safer to be out of the hospital environment if you can. Adam and Kim have managed to pre-register for the vaccine for when it’s available and their turn.

I didn’t realise Marion C is Jimmianne :shifty: What a dope I am.

I really hope you’re on the home stretch with your restoration work @Slick1, what an horrendous journey this has been for you. Your ring is absolutely WOW, you must be thrilled with it, I love the matte gold it really gives it a unique look.

I bet you looked da bomb in your leopard print leggings @canuk-gal ;-) I miss not going out anywhere, I feel like we’re living the lives of hermits, but better to be safe than sorry.

Continuing to send lots of healing vibes your way @Polabowla, and hoping things improve for you.

Hope you’re having a relaxing weekend @bling_dream19 .

How’re things with you @marcy, hopefully Marty’s truck is nearly ready?

Kim’s Berricle purchases arrived yesterday, and she’s found a style that fits with her ring. She’s going to live with it for a while before committing to the real thing.

I think it’s this one. https://www.berricle.com/sterling-s...e-wedding-anniversary-curved-band-r1277-b.htm

Have a safe and lazy Sunday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hello Sweet lady! My shoulder is good, hurts sometimes but life is quite a bit better with the new shoulder, my left hip is going to need something tho, it's getting very painful again.. c'est la vie.. Aw thank you so much for your kind hug Greg and Missy - I feel it.. I'm glad he's on the mend, and I'm glad you two have each other, I was telling Christopher yesterday how great you two were and hopefully at some point we will all 4 get together, plus Katie, Kate is good, working hard, worrying about my BIL - her dad of course, cause he's not a computer person and can't register in portal to get to a shot venue.. my BIL has 2 sisters and 3 brothers and somebody up there in the north of NY should be able to help him. I should call him. Talked to my little brother today and he's doing well, if not looney! but he's my only living sibling and he is always so happy to use Duo and he get's to see me and I him, I've not been to see him since my Dad died in 07, altho we talk every week and email.. blah blah.. the septic is fixed.. we'll see. How's the family? are your parents being safe? is your sister practicing? Since I've had my first shot Missy I think the same as you? What will the efficacy be if I go past 6 weeks after the first shot? I've registered at another site.. I'm number 45,671 :) your picture is beautiful Missy, lovely lovely, it's how I see the winter.. my kind of life.. love you girlie and Greg and everyone! xoxoxo

@Austina well, I knew at some point last fall she changed her name, but I couldn't remember Jimmianne! I think of her real name when I think of her.. so it took me a while.. the 60s are fun years imho but Covid has messed us ALL up. Austina, people here wear their masks under their nose, yup, no wonder Travis Cty is so full of covid.. England is no different than us, except the cuckoo heads run around with guns here.. ugh.. sending love to you Kim and Adam, and you and Colin! xoxoxo

Hope all the NIRDIs are doing well in their Covid Cave. xoxoxo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw the snow in the UK on the news
wrap up warm, and as if you didn't have a good enough reason to stay at home.
Stay safe everyone

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@mrs-b it’s nice your granddaughter will come stay with you soon. I am missing having my SIL here even though she did get on my nerves on those few days. Sounds like you had fun with your whiskey tasting. Mmm to ordering ice cream and I can’t say I’m surprised you would wake up feeling less than stellar. Over indulgence in alcohol is much harder on me than it used to be. Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

@missy great pictures as always. That’s a treat to find Costco not very crowded. I need to make a Sams Club run soon. That is amazing to hear Greg has been working through all this. I hope he is feeling better and more rested. Are you getting enough sleep? I am glad you and Greg are enjoying some nice walks. It’s freezing and windy there - I didn’t send our weather your way; I swear!

@Austina I hope they get your kitchen tiles get replaced Monday. That reminds me of a very funny incident with floor tiles and glue. I used to wear the hard, rigid contacts and got a split in one of my cornea from over wearing them. I had to go months without contacts and the only glasses I had were these horrid coke bottle glasses that I could barely see with. I was in a store that was being remodeled and stopped to read the labels on some lotions trying to determine what to buy. I ended up stepping in a spot that had no tiles but had sticky glue there and of course since I was there a minute or two reading labels my right food got stuck. I had to bend over, untie my shoe and get my foot out of it then I pulled my shoe off the floor. I put my shoe back on and head towards the checkout stands and every other step my right foot kind of stuck from the glue and when I picked the foot up you could hear this loud noise from the shoe coming unstuck again. I was crying I was laughing so hard. You know if that was caught on their security camera it is frequently played at company parties. I do like my new sapphire setting but will probably look in to a different setting some time. I saw your neck of the woods were going to get snow. Stay safe and warm. Was Kim able to get sapphires put in her band? It looks like it would go well with her ring (or what I remember of it). It sounds like Marty could get his truck Tuesday!

@canuk-gal did you get to bed on time? I am so bad staying up way past where I should get to bed. I am kind of a night owl. Yay for staying under the radar at work and enjoying your ring while working. Before they closed all our conference rooms (so they don’t have to keep cleaning them) I used to hide if the one by my desk. It was warmer in there plus no one could find me. Ha!

@bling_dream19 I love how your look for the perfect setting or gemstone and then how them come together to be a perfect ring! I did chuckle that you done’t need anymore RHR - I keep saying that too and how many did I buy in the last year? Four I believe but who’s counting? Can we really have too many RHR? I think not.

@seaurchin I don’t envy you downsizing; it’s a chore but worth it. When we moved to our current house we went to a larger home but threw out 4 full construction dumpsters full and still moved too many things. Good luck!

@Bayek I am glad to hear your friend Kath is at home but I hate to hear she has pneumonia now. Autie is adorable in her Christmas dress even if she didn’t like it. Your house looks amazing; I am sorry it turned in to such a pain and too many unexpected expenses. Hopefully that is all behind you soon. I am glad your arm is doing okay but hate to hear it still hurts sometimes. I hope that gets better with time.

@Slick1 gorgeous ring! Thanks! Marty’s truck got smashed about 6 weeks ago and it looks like he’ll get his truck back this week. We are hoping for the best on that. Cool your DD had a write up in the paper - congratulations for whatever she was recognized for in the article. I think our teachers are in the first round of vaccines here; good luck getting yours.

Hi @Daisys and Diamonds. I hope you are doing well.

Friday was not fun at work. Our senior management must believe horrid appraisal scores motivate people. They have mandated 10% can get exceeds expectations and 35% have to be needs improvement or develop towards improvement. To make that 35% worse it is not based on your total number of employees it is 35% of those salaried and 35% of those hourly. Our general manager was so stinking mad about it he was asked to hang up from the meeting and calm down. He started crying when talking to me and my boss - I think he is like me that he cries when he gets mad which of course makes me more mad that I am crying. So I had to drop one of my employees to the develop towards improvement and she sure doesn't deserve it. I might have to drop another one too depending on how our general manager spreads it out over the 47 employees under him. What a bunch of CRAP.

Our weekend was uneventful. We had snow and wind. Shocking that would happen in Wyoming. I worked on my article for the local paper and started the February club newsletter. I washed all of our bedding and did the rest of our laundry. We went out for breakfast yesterday and Marty grilled some steaks on the stove. They were really, really good but I found out he basically kept basting them with butter. No wonder they were so good - he was channeling Paula Dean. We picked up our grocery order today and ordered in pizza for supper.

I rented 2 movies this weekend. Both were pretty good - they were Born a Champion and Our Friend. I like they are releasing movies straight to PPV.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to call 911 for my mom. I think she broke her hip. I had the house full of paramedics..during covid...OMG They wouldn’t let us go with her either. When are the nightmares going to end...:(2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I am so sorry your mom might have broke her hip. Sending mega dust her way. I am sure the paramedics are tested and take lots of precautions. Big hugs to you!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @marcy and @bling_dream19 Sorry I panicked. The doctor just called. It looks like she broke her pelvis. They will do a cat scan to see if there’s any hairline fractures in her hip. She’ll stay there tonight and we’ll go from there. We had trouble lifting her from the floor. I can’t lift her by myself so I don’t know what will happen..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @MamaBee, I hope your Mum is going to be OK. I think (here at least) paramedic staff and Drs have weekly Covid tests, so try not to panic about that.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @MamaBee sending you warm ((hugs)) and good vibes. I hope she isn’t in too much pain! ❤️

Thank you @marcy and @canuk-gal and all for the compliments on my new Astrid. I love it!

@marcy hope your DH gets his truck back this week. Stay cozy.

@missy hope Greg is feeling well! Stay warm and dry this week!! ((Hugs))

Have a great day NIRDIs! ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to call 911 for my mom. I think she broke her hip. I had the house full of paramedics..during covid...OMG They wouldn’t let us go with her either. When are the nightmares going to end...:(2

Thank you @marcy and @bling_dream19 Sorry I panicked. The doctor just called. It looks like she broke her pelvis. They will do a cat scan to see if there’s any hairline fractures in her hip. She’ll stay there tonight and we’ll go from there. We had trouble lifting her from the floor. I can’t lift her by myself so I don’t know what will happen..

Oh my goodness I am so sorry Joanne. I was so hoping she had not broken anything. :(
Keeping your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee I am hoping your mother has an uneventful recovery--so sorry this is happening to you. I want to echo what @Austina said about frontline folks having regular testing and vaccination, so that should be less of a worry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, I wish it was a better Monday for some of you. @MamaBee what I said holds strong and true and sending you and your mom so many good vibes. And big hugs. It's going to be OK.

@springerspaniel how are you doing? I hope all is going well at work and in your personal life and I am sending you lots of hugs.

@Bayek Great Kate my dear friend. You always make me smile. Yes life has been super challenging for most of us this past year plus and we continue taking it one day at a time. Poor Greg was coughing much of the night but I hope it is nothing but a residual side effect of the surgery. I am so happy your shoulder is feeling good yay. And I am sorry about your left hip. One body part replaced at a time and I can say that because soon Greg will need his other knee replaced probably. Oy to the vey. Life is not easy. But it is worth it. I keep reminding myself of that. And of course you see the bright future in your sweet granddaughter and your wonderful children and your sweet niece. We will all get together again. Of that I am sure. (((HUGS))).

@marcy wow Wyoming weather doesn't disappoint and I am ready for winter to say bye. LOL I like it only to a point if you kwim. Sorry work continues to be a bear. We should rename it killer bunny though lol. I will look up those movies you recommend thanks. We watched on HBO Max Coming Undone thanks to the rec by @LLJsmom. Finished it last night and loved it. And we watched Harold and Maude after that. Greg had never seen it. I couldn't believe it. It's a cult classic and we enjoyed it. Hugs and have a good Monday.

@Slick1 that ring. TDF. AMAZbling. Thanks for your continued good wishes and right back at ya. Hope the work week goes smoothly. XOXO.

@Austina we went to Brooklyn yesterday to get mail and check on things and also my black opal needed some care. It was nice but weird to be there as I hadn't been there since May. It felt bittersweet but I am not sure of all my feelings and I am still processing them. IDK. It's hard having 2 full time homes and that is how it sort of feels. Despite the last 2 years being here more than there they are still both our full time homes if you kwim. Anyway, soon you will have a new home and things will be brighter for us all I hope. Sending you hugs and love and hope all goes well this week. Good luck with your tiler today. And another vote for fleecey PJs in the house during the cold days inside.

@Daisys and Diamonds I am with you. No way am I going to watch the Octopus movie and a huge thank you to @mrs-b for warning me. Thank you @mrs-b! I almost was about to go and watch it based on Kenny's strong rec and he meant well but doesn't know me the way you do. I would have been devastated. I could barely read the last part of your text without crying so yeah I cannot watch that movie. As I wrote in that thread I couldn't get through March of the Penguins in the movie theater without bawling my eyes out. Anyway @Daisys and Diamonds you and me and mrs b are on the same page with animals. Unnecessarily cruel and awful and wrong. Hugs to you both. XOXO.

@Polabowla how are you feeling today? How are the kids? And your DH? Hope you had a lovely weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 how was your weekend? How are you? Big hugs and much love and lots of blingy joy to you my sweet friend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal how was the rest of your weekend? What does your workweek look like? Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. It's Monday already. Wow. Greg's leg biopsy stitches (9 days in) totally opened up yesterday morning. I emailed the derm and sent him photos of the open site and this morning they called to come in now. It's always something. Thanks to @MamaBee for her help yesterday and honey I am here for you anyway I can be. Keeping good thoughts for you and your mom Joanne.

But as always Greg is a trooper and he insisted on going all the way to Brooklyn and back despite the open wound. He cleaned it and tried putting a bandaid on it and in Brooklyn I found butterfly bandaids so that helped a bit. Anyway he will be restitched soon. I hope.

As I wrote above it was hard being back to our apartment where I had not visited since May when we left. It was so nice and clean though as Greg had gone back sometime this past summer/fall and cleaned the entire place really well. And so that was nice. The safe batteries were dead and I had a moment of uh oh because I wanted to get the opal and check on it and give it moisture. Luckily after Greg filed it and replaced the batteries it worked. Whew. 3 safes all had to have batteries replaced and refiled.

And that was our Sunday.

Today not sure what we will do but I am sure it will go pretty fast whatever it is we do. LOL. And tomorrow I have a periodontal appointment. The fun never ends.

Have a wonderful Monday lovely ladies and a big shout out to @MamaBee. Bucketloads of healing dust being sent your mom's way.

Leaving you with a photo of my Cartier Opal from yesterday after I gave it some moisture. Slurrrrpp.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.19.02 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and when we finally got the safe opened I had to take two pairs of earrings back with me to the beach. I miss my earrings! I like the many flavors of earrings I have and don't just want to wear one or two pairs.

Please excuse the cat hair haha. It's a necessary ingredient around here. ;-)

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.24.07 AM.png

It was hard choosing what to take back so I just chose the first two I got out of the safe. :wink2:

@MamaBee ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Those earrings are delicious...I tend to wear my studs every day. I’m going to start rotating them more..
In the midst of this with my mom...my “Bee” bangle is coming today. A little bright spot in a terrible time..I truly feel better staring into a diamond. I don’t have Libby now so “Bee” will be my distraction...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy, the house, girl I will write a book at some point.. so those effing appraisals, can not a team all exceed requirements is there always a loser who has to be let go or downgraded? I believe teams can all be horrid, great, mediocre, but their algorithm sucks for many reasons, but one especially is that it can and probably is UNFAIR, it is very demoralizing to a probably already demoralized group of people fearful of covid, life etc.. and their jobs. the GREAT and wise John left management because he could not stomach downgrading a good employing to meet some dumb asses above who only care about their 'take' of profits or RSUs etc. I am sorry you have to do this and send you a Kate hug or two. About time Marty get's his truck back.. I've never drank whiskey but my son's and John love the stuff.. MrsB is totally cool :) hmm to the pizza! and butter? it's the best.. I could eat a stick a day. :)

1611595161000.png truthfully she looks like my mom, my mo was white haired by 30. :) enjoy that butter..

@missy YEs we will get together again, hey I'll bet Greg would be coughing, what a surgery, his body has to re-adjust and his throat area (duh right :) ) has been affected, sounds like his body is doing the right thing.. he MUST take it easy, recovery is always slow and steady, with my dumb butt shoulder I went waay too hard toooo fast and it showed, more pain than I should have had.. hey girl, those earrings - again a HUGE THUD! - so beautiful, so you Missy, seriously all class, and distinction and blingtastic! and that opal ring.. there are really no words actually, everytime I see you post it and hope to see it in real life - I think gosh, that is magnificent.. so you !!! stay in, start a fire (or if you have gas, turn 'er on).. enjoy winter, you and Greg and family have had one hell of a year, I'm hoping 2021 slows down things. How are YOU feeling, how's your thyroid? how's the toe? don't overdo it.. altho an emptyish Costco I gotta say I would love to see. Miss you Miss the Magnificent.. you are a role model for all of us in graciousness and class, lucky lucky us NIRDI's. I am terribly sad that Greg's biopsy stitches opened up.. that stinks..

@MamaBee EEKK I am so sad to read about your Mom, I am so sorry her pelvis is broken, my MIL broke her hip and lived 15 years, tripped over a hose, how is she today, I hope they are not skimping on pain meds for her.. I think any one of the trauma's, drama's, pain of the last year would be easy to handle but with COVID and the never ending fear of getting it, your mom getting it, son, it's very very hard to always be under the stress and threats we've had endured in 2020 and now 2021, I send you the usual big, FAT, HUGE Kate hug and healthy dust for your mom, I'm sorry you couldn't go with her, but she is where they will take good care of her Joanne.. text me if you need to talk, I'm sorry I've not been around and been feeling very sorry for myself, new year, and so many people have serious things like broken pelvis's, cancer that I feel embarrassed really, I do care and hope you are bearing up and your mom is getting better.. so sorry.. xoxoxoxo

Oh and can't wait to see the BEE bangle, betcha it's gorgeous! xoxo

@springerspaniel Hola SS, how are you? how's things going? wishing you a happy Monday and forever actually, hope your pup is doing well.. sending a Kate hug your way! xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds sending a huge HOLA! xoxo

@bling_dream19 hey! hope all is well with you and that gorgeous jewelry you keep getting, my jealousy is max, but my love is maximum! such great taste girl. Happy Monday! xoxoxo

Hola to everyone!

Have not heard from Kath in 2 days, heard from her husband tho, only that he wanted to know how John and I got our first shot for Covid, he said the Austin Public Health site now has about 90K people on the waiting list, we were just lucky in that John was talking to a friend of his and he had gotten the shot so John went over to APH site and we signed up and got shots the next day and me on Saturday, just plain dumb luck, I didn't ask but I wonder why Kath didn't get the shot in the hospital? she was on the ECMO for 2weeks! she had to have CPR to bring her back (again, she had that 4 years ago), she has a dang home health aid, why aren't they giving her the shot, Jim said "we are trying to get the shot" well you would think her many heart doctors would be putting her 1st.. just don't get it. Anyway, talked to Auti last night, she wants coocoo's, ! hah her word for chocolate chip cookie! I'll oblige of courses.. made some last night and will drop some off later this week if we don't have our washer/dryer by this week we will have to go down to Mike's and do laundry again.. and I'll bring the coocoos for her! :) windy here in Liberty HIll, TX but finally have a bit o'sun.. pools still not plastered cause they came a week and 1/2 ago and we were having 25mp winds and I didn't want the plaster sprayed EVERYwhere and the plaster guy agreed, but that made me go to the back of the line again.. oh well. May all you guys have a great week and Monday.. sending Kate dust. xoxox

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

You must be getting closer and closer to telling them to shove their job @marcy, oy, what a palaver and how awful that someone will have to go. Typical management passing the buck and making someone else do their dirty work. We’re channelling Wyoming here too, it’s absolutely freezing, and the snow has slowly started to melt, but it’s going to refreeze over night, so there’ll be lots of ice about tomorrow. I totally :lol: At your shoe getting stuck on the glue and you trying to extricate yourself.

How’s your Mum doing @MamaBee? I know it’s not charitable of me, but I can’t help think this is going to make your life much more difficult having to deal with her. I hope her pain is being managed and she’s comfortable. I’m really looking forward to seeing your bangle.

Your poor friend @Bayek, it would’ve totally made sense to vaccinate her in the hospital before sending her home, but it seems common sense is in short supply. I’m sorry your shoulder is still painful, and you’re still dealing with house crap, hopefully you’re on the home straight and it’ll all be finally done. Auti looked so cute in her Christmas dress, like a proper little girl. No travel for us for the foreseeable future, we’re not allowed to leave the country and we’re persona non grata everywhere anyway!

Oh no to Greg’s stitches opening up, and thank goodness you could get an appointment so quickly to get it seen too. It must have felt very odd going back to the apartment after so long, and yes, I can see how unsettling that was. You know, I was never a fan of opals, but every time I see yours, I’m always stunned by how beautiful it is, a real kaleidoscope of colours, isn’t it amazing what Mother Nature can do? I’m with you, I can’t bear watching nature documentaries either, it might be the circle of life, but I don’t want to see it happening.

How are you and the pooches @springerspaniel, I hope everything is ok?

The tiler turned up this morning and replaced the tiles, and now we have to wait for the adhesive to set before they can be grouted.

In other news, we’ve put an offer in on a house :shock: It’s 2 doors away from Adam and Kim:lol: We don’t actually expect it to be accepted, we’ve offered full asking, but as usual the realtors are trying to push us to offer more but we’ve said no, take it or leave it, and we’re prepared to walk away. We did actually have a walk through on another property today too, but it was too small and very dark inside, so not for us.

The vaccination programme is going great guns here, let’s hope they can keep it up, so we can get our jabs soon.

Big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends...It’s been crazy here. It looks like she will go directly into rehab from the hospital. It will be a minimum of two weeks but most likely longer. I’m so happy because there’s no way I can lift her to give her the care she needs.
It‘s a gloomy day today..so I only took two pics of Bee. I need to take some when I have light..I love it!

Attachments

• C286E643-5205-4276-A41B-9DC032B93597.jpeg
    C286E643-5205-4276-A41B-9DC032B93597.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 8973E8A5-86CB-4592-9F24-31090805FE1A.jpeg
    8973E8A5-86CB-4592-9F24-31090805FE1A.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 8

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got these beautiful flowers from Allie and Scott! I always call them by their first name followed by Bean..That’s why my original user name here was Mamabean. The note is so sweet! I was having a hard morning so a little bit of tears were involved...My daughter-in-law has the biggest heart. I know she sent them because I can tell from the note..❤️
3813AF35-680B-4DB4-9792-ECE67E08C29D.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be as quick as I can make it.

@MamaBee - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother - hugs to you and prayers for her! Your bangle looks AMAZING.

@Bayek - Kate - thinking of your shoulder and the whole house debacle. and of course, your friend, too.

@missy - Greg's leg opened up?? Ugh! When do you get the rest of the biopsy info? If I've missed it, I'm sorry. I'm glad the apartment was in good shape - what a nice thing to walk in to!

@Slick1 - when did that piece of gorgeousness turn up on your hand?? It's sublime!

@Austina - I hope you get the house you offered on for the price you offered - just to spite the realtor! I hate a hard sell. Photos when the tiling is done pls?

@bling_dream19 - hugs to you, lovely lady!

@canuk-gal - sooo jealous of your fish and bakery trip! And - boots and leggings?! Woo hoo, hot stuff!!

@Polabowla - Are you feeling any better? How is your family holding together? I'm still thinking of you.

@marcy - I had no idea ice cream afer whiskey is so fabulous! Altho - it's *possible* the whiskey made the ice cream even more delicious than usual. I'm really sorry about the stuff going on at work re the staff appraisals. Major suckage.

@springerspaniel - how is your pup going? I hope all is well for you.

@Daisys and Diamonds - how are things going for you? it was 12 degrees fahrenheit here this morning, with wind chill factor of zero. I sure wish I had your weather right now!

News here - about an hour and a half ago I grabbed a heavy tray that had just been in a hot oven. I've blistered all the finger tips on my right hand, and right down the side of my index finger. it's excruciating and Tim is currently out buying me burn cream. I can type for about 10 seconds, then I have to rest my hand on an ice pack till the pain subsides.

Earlier today my physical therapist called me. She has covid. I've had contact with her. Tim and I both have had mild sniffling and blocked noses recently, so have to get tested. I doubt we've had it tho - it's so cold here, virtually EVERYONE has a blocked and runny nose. The bad news is all my med appts will have to be cancelled till I get the results. Or maybe that's good news...

My hand hurts like a mo... Well, you get the idea. I seriously want to scream.

You ladies are wonderful. Stay safe and hugs to all.

OOOWWWWWWW!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee that's good your mom is going to a rehab place, thank goodness it wasn't her hip

@marcy im appealed by those appraisals
Personality i absolutly hate them, but im sure you'll deliver it with kindness and caring
With my last employer it was just a popularity contest some years, the year our raisers depended on it i got brave and contested mine
I don't mind hard so long as its fair and uniform

@missy poor Craig
Beautiful earings

Hola back at you @Bayek
I watch a bit of Spanish on netflex

best wishes to all you lovelly NIRDI ladies
Stay safe (and stay warm)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results