Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's snowing!

snowbythesea.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek:

After the mean girls were really mean to me, coming here hurts me, I should be a better person, but it does, except for NIRDI's...

I send my love to all of you. and will catch up.

Kate
Your comments above reminded me of the photo below, and it certainly brought out the same gut reaction from me. I know you can look after yourself, but...even so....

Me with Ballin.jpeg

I so feel for you re all the house shit. I'm sorry it's been so difficult and I know what house reno depression is like. I hope things calm VERY SOON.

I'm glad your friend is off intubation and I hope a new heart comes for her as quickly as possible; the situation is obviously acute.

Try to stay out of the depression, my friend - it's a black hole that's far harder to climb out of, than what it is easy to fall into. Walk a lot - it's calming for the brain - the literal, actual brain - and affects your mood largely like hypnosis. Try to do at least one thing you like each day - anything at all; at least that way you can look back on every day and say "Well, there was *that*..." Stay off stimulants and sugar. (This is the abbreviated list I used to give my clients who were fighting depression and pls forgive me if these are all too basic and things you already know.)

On the other hand, I am SO PLEASED you've had your first shot! I'm very jealous, but love you enough to hope you have no negative responses, that the second shot goes without a hitch, and that you never, ever have to battle this terrible virus.

And if in doubt - please remind yourself: it could be worse - you could be ugly!

I'm sending you big, socially awkward, Aussie hugs. <3

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning NIRDI's....Happy hump day.

I'm quiet but following right along.
@missy I continue to follow you and glad that Greg is feeling more himself. Finding just the right dosage can take a while.
As mine went offline years ago due to autoimmune disease. It also took a while (a year) to settle that dosage, but now it holds steady year in and year out.
Sending love. Forgive my brevity. Still working on my project - the deadline was pushed back.
I will make a proper post soon.

Nothing new here. The smoke alarm battery outside the bedroom door gave out at 1:30 AM. Scared the cat and annoyed hubby and me. The issue is that the smoke detector is 14 feet in the air next to a balcony drop-off to the basement level. Looking back the tall ceilings were such a lovely feature. I wish I knew then what I know now.

I held the ladder as he scaled the wall up the ladder resting over the doorway and twisted in a dangerous way. We were both fully awake and full of adrenaline at this point.
I got up and messed around on the computer for a while. Finally falling asleep with the cat settling in beside me with his tail on my face. 20210120_082532.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday girls! @missy I'm sooo relieved Greg is healing well and biopsy is clear! Woo-hoo time to party! Love you girl. You're doing great.
@Bayek Sending you love and hugs. So sorry to hear of the home stress. I hope things get better.
@Austina i love that you have a chill day, its so fun to chill out and watch some TV! I have a light day today thankfully.
My Summer preloved BG setting arrived and I love it! It will hold a pink spinel that I bought from Precision Gems after Christmas sale. Hopefully a little bling brightens everyone's day! I'll send it to Klass to be set and sized in next few days. Love and hugs to all!
20210120_083438.jpg 20210120_083627.jpg

Attachments

• 20210120_084009.jpg
    20210120_084009.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with downsizing @missy is that everything is scaled down, and I don’t want a tiny living area. I still want a proper dining room because I do like to have friends over for dinner, and like that when you’ve finished, you can get up, leave everything and close the door! :lol: We’re finding the houses that are around 3000 sq ft, still have 4 or 5 bedrooms, that we don’t need, but the ‘great’ room, is too small. I’m not bringing much, but I want my dining and living room furniture, not just because I love them, (and they’re relatively new) but I want some familiar things around me, when we’re picking up our whole life and moving across the ocean. Hopefully something suitable will turn up soon, the housing market in Austin is really hot at the moment, and everything is selling really quickly.

I love the setting @bling_dream19, your ring is going to be gorgeous.

OMG @MMtwo, we had a similar problem recently, the smoke detector on the top floor started beeping, and the idiot that had installed had put the battery side over the stair well. Needless to say it was a devil of a job to change it whilst dangling on a ladder with Colin holding on to my ankles so I didn’t fall backwards over the bannister. As I said in my earlier post, some people seem to lack simple common sense.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I‘m so excited..and also a little sad. Libby came back from GIA as a vs1 F!!!!! I got what I asked for so she is sold...I get the check tomorrow...:appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: Glad it all worked out with Libby @MamaBee. Someone else will love and enjoy her as much as you did.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday girls! @missy I'm sooo relieved Greg is healing well and biopsy is clear! Woo-hoo time to party! Love you girl. You're doing great.
@Bayek Sending you love and hugs. So sorry to hear of the home stress. I hope things get better.
@Austina i love that you have a chill day, its so fun to chill out and watch some TV! I have a light day today thankfully.
My Summer preloved BG setting arrived and I love it! It will hold a pink spinel that I bought from Precision Gems after Christmas sale. Hopefully a little bling brightens everyone's day! I'll send it to Klass to be set and sized in next few days. Love and hugs to all!
20210120_083438.jpg 20210120_083627.jpg

It’s a beautiful setting @bling_dream19! You have a knack for finding beautiful stones and settings!
I meant to tell you that I thought it was so generous of you to donate your hair to Locks of Love..You have beautiful hair.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The problem with downsizing @missy is that everything is scaled down, and I don’t want a tiny living area. I still want a proper dining room because I do like to have friends over for dinner, and like that when you’ve finished, you can get up, leave everything and close the door! :lol: We’re finding the houses that are around 3000 sq ft, still have 4 or 5 bedrooms, that we don’t need, but the ‘great’ room, is too small. I’m not bringing much, but I want my dining and living room furniture, not just because I love them, (and they’re relatively new) but I want some familiar things around me, when we’re picking up our whole life and moving across the ocean. Hopefully something suitable will turn up soon, the housing market in Austin is really hot at the moment, and everything is selling really quickly.

I love the setting @bling_dream19, your ring is going to be gorgeous.

OMG @MMtwo, we had a similar problem recently, the smoke detector on the top floor started beeping, and the idiot that had installed had put the battery side over the stair well. Needless to say it was a devil of a job to change it whilst dangling on a ladder with Colin holding on to my ankles so I didn’t fall backwards over the bannister. As I said in my earlier post, some people seem to lack simple common sense.

@Austina Have you considered a town house? My friend had one...It had a huge kitchen, dining room and family room. It was one large space. The bedrooms were smaller but she felt they only went there to sleep so it was okay. I know you wanted a proper dining room. She had an office and sitting area that could be used for a dining room if you don’t need an office.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Sunny but kind of a blustery day. My dentist told me today there is a polar vortex headed our way....I say GET LOST anything polar vortex like! (well except for the bears and Santa) Had a brief walk--prolly could have ridden but for the wind.

@missy hope things get sorted for you both soon. Seems like hospital stuff is a full time job! Stay cozy and warm.

@MamaBee hope your trip "home" was uneventful.

@marcy I think cold weather is on our way here soon. Oddly enough, we haven't had all that much to complain about this winter. Usually sub zero temps are talk of the day during this time.

Stay safe and well folks.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@missy good luck with your periodontal appointment. I was thinking of looking for one of them locally as well. My mouth is achy sometimes but probably because it’s on my mind. I am so glad to hear Greg doesn’t have an infection. I’m not squeamish but not sure I want to see Greg’s thyroid. Your earrings look fabulous and even the snow is pretty there. That’s great news Greg’s leg biopsy is clear. What a relief to get Greg’s medicine. I totally was nodding my head about houses big or small. Our place is way too big for the 2 of us but we like the space.

@mrs-b it sounds like you have many benefits where you live. Safety, close to work and good health care definitely are important. You have so serious renovation plans; how fun! The cat meme you posted is one of my favorites.

@Austina LOL on Colin’s comment you never stop talking; he and Marty sound alike there. Yes, I am seriously considering a second opinion. I was already thinking my jaw would be sore and what if I have to visit the little NIRDI’s room? I hope you find the perfect home. Good idea to move some of your furniture. When we moved in here our old bedroom sets went in our guest bedrooms and we got new bedroom furniture. The living furniture was the same but the dining room table and den furniture was new. It was so strange I felt like I was in a nice hotel that had some of my stuff.

@MMtwo don’t you hate those smoke detectors in the most inconvenient places? And they never, ever go off at a normal time of day. They need to invent a battery changer like they have to the canned ceiling lights.
@bling_dream19 gorgeous setting for your pretty spinel.

@MamaBee that’s awesome Libby is sold and also came back a F. Sweet.

@canuk-gal our weather is about the same. Very little snow so far but the horrid wind is making up for it. I still worry Mother Nature is about to say “Hold my beer.” Oh like maybe that Polar Vortex heading your way. Stay safe and warm.

Crazy day at work. I had to revise scores on my employee appraisals. Grr. If my boss wants to change everything - he should write them. Oh well, wishful thinking. We had a mistake that I probably haven’t heard the end of yet. I am concerned they will tell us we can’t work remotely anymore.

My SIL left today. Other than those few days she was getting on my nerves it wasn’t bad having her here. She at least had dishes done before I got home from work. I sent her this picture of my “puppy” looking for her down the hall. I did take care of my fly swatter by the door; I haven't seen a fly in the door for months. Ha Ha.

I lifted today too.

Take care.
Marcy

IMG_0857.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ill see you Gaga and raise you a Springsteen
The most perfect song
Land of hope and dreams
A song about acceptance and community
bruce-springsteen-te-square-210120_8b709f98ef862e1694c47fd012379715.fit-760w.jpg
Im so tired
ive been up since 5.30 watching America's big day
This is actually my 4th favorite song

Take care NIRDI ladies

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - Once the pandemic is over and people can get out and about, I'm going to have the garage sale to end all garage sales. We have lots of nice things we don't use, that should be re-homed. And I agree with your dad - but also with you, in that - I just enjoy a lot of space! We also use substantial space for guests, since most of our guests come from either Australia or California and tend to stay a while. None of this 'long weekend' stuff for us! Our guests tend to come from weeks at a minimum, and often months. My goddaughter will come back for a few more months shortly, and it's nice to be able to give her a bedroom, sitting room and bathroom, all with plenty of storage. We also have an Alexa in every room, so she will often lay in bed while I'm upstairs in bed, and we'll chat. :)) And just by the way on a different note - WOO HOOOO!! - re Greg's biopsy results! One step at a time, granted, but I was very pleased to read this one! How is he feeling today? Has the redness subsided at all? And how are *you* holding up? Caring for a patient is hard on the body; pls take care, dear girl! oxo

@Austina - I totally hear you re wanting things that fit with entertaining. Tim and I made a guest list for his 60th birthday / our 40th wedding anniversary (within 2 weeks of each other), and we got to over 110 invites. It's not for 3 years yet (the things you do during a pandemic to pass the time!), but even now, we were grateful to know we can have the sort of celebration we want. We don't entertain as much as we did in Australia, but we still have parties and dinners, and it's nice to have the room to do it without exploding our house! But I also wanted to say...an orangery?? Oooohhhh - photos please! Tim and I lived in Portsmouth in the 1990's, then in Epsom for some years before we moved to the US, and I used to LOVE the British orangeries! I don't want to put you out, but would love to see some snaps, if it wasn't a bother. I'm loving your taste and your view of housing sounds like my own!

@Polabowla - I'm so sorry you're feeling worse. Are you comfortable sharing what diagnosis you've had so far? I really hope you have some family there who can look after YOU. And - can you elaborate a bit on what's happening for your husband, end Feb? I read 'oncologist' - that's almost never a good thing. I'm thinking of you these days - you sound like you're doing it tough, and I'm so sorry to hear it. Please know my thoughts are with you.

@bling_dream19 - pretty setting! It's going to be lovely! And - you donated your hair? Having seen your photo, I now can't imagine you without that gorgeous mane! Altho, having said that, I can also imagine you with a face-frame of curls! How short did you go? My hair is crap, so I live vicariously.

@canuk-gal - it's been relatively mild here in MA, too. But I don't like the sound of 'polar vortex' and the weather here is going to be rough for the next 3 weeks, apparently. I don't mind the 40's - I truly don't. But the 30's are miserable for walking, and the 20's...forget about it; I'm staying indoors! But even so, as you said, it's been mild this year, and we feel lucky. Six weeks from now things will look a lot better and we'll be shaping up for spring! Yay!

@MamaBee - an F VS is a great result! Congratulations! You must be thrilled. Will you miss Libby when she goes? I'm not really attached to my jewelry and often think of dumping everything except my hoops and pearl studs, my plain bangles, 3 meaningful necklaces and my wedding ring and a small anniversary ring my husband bought me years and years ago. If ever you see me do this, it won't be because we've fallen on hard times, it will be because I've just lost all interest. It could happen - it really could.

@Daisys and Diamonds - I spent a lot of yesterday watching the inauguration and am glad you enjoyed it. :)) I like Springsteen, tho one of my best friends has a passion for him, like you. He's an entertainer who seems to inspire devotion. But I'm with @Scandinavian here, in that it was Lady Gaga who rocked my world yesterday. That woman is just all class. Love her!

Tim normally goes on a conf. in FL every Jan for work, but this year the whole thing is remote. There's normally a few activities during the conference, and they're still trying to keep that vibe going, so they offered a bunch of things for yesterday, early evening, and Tim signed up for a whiskey tasting. We thought "That sounds pleasant!" - then 3 large bottles of whiskey arrived via FedEx and we were kind of going "Ummm...what the heck...???" The tasting was last night and he was allowed to bring one guest, so I rolled up with him and we...er...drank a lot of nice whiskey. The whiskey was great and the whole thing was very informative - right up until the second bottle, at which point we were hammered. Bottle three was just a blur, but I vaguely remember ordering a home delivery of lots of different ice creams from our local ice creamery, then waking up after midnight feeling rather less than stellar. All I can say is - beware insurance companies bearing whiskey gifts!! It's now 1.52am and I'm sitting up in bed wondering how long it's going to take the lady with Crohn's to detox from *that* act of lunacy.

Murphy and I have been rendezvousing in our respective back yards and chatting over the fence. His owners let him out and he comes to the fence and barks. I hear him and come out with a treat. It's an excellent system. :)) I don't know what it is about that dog, but I just adore him.

My back is feeling much better - which is the way with Crohn's. One day you can't walk - 2 weeks later, it's like it never happened. I have an appt with the neurosurgeon next week to go over the results of the MRI, then an appt with the oncologist to get some new, growing lumps checked out and see what's going on there. Orthopedic surgeon at the beginning of Feb.

And so it rolls on....

Shout out to all you lovely NIRDIs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies! Happy Thursday. It's a new beginning in many ways and I am cautiously hopeful for a brighter future for us all.

My back is feeling much better - which is the way with Crohn's. One day you can't walk - 2 weeks later, it's like it never happened. I have an appt with the neurosurgeon next week to go over the results of the MRI, then an appt with the oncologist to get some new, growing lumps checked out and see what's going on there. Orthopedic surgeon at the beginning of Feb.

I am so happy your back is feeling better and that you have an appointment with the neurosurgeon to check out the new growths. And an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon in February. One day at a time. Continued healing vibes and well wishes and big hugs being sent to you. I hope you can feel the good energy coming from Greg and me to you @mrs-b.
Thank you so much for all your good wishes and love. XOXO.

Crazy day at work. I had to revise scores on my employee appraisals. Grr. If my boss wants to change everything - he should write them. Oh well, wishful thinking. We had a mistake that I probably haven’t heard the end of yet. I am concerned they will tell us we can’t work remotely anymore.

My SIL left today. Other than those few days she was getting on my nerves it wasn’t bad having her here. She at least had dishes done before I got home from work. I sent her this picture of my “puppy” looking for her down the hall. I did take care of my fly swatter by the door; I haven't seen a fly in the door for months. Ha Ha.

I lifted today too.

Sweet you lifted yesterday. Today is my "lifting" day. Haha not lifting as much as raising baby weights but you know what I mean and I am doing the best I can lol. One day when I grow up maybe I will be able to lift a quarter of what you lift but probably not haha. I am glad your SIL is on her way to her new home and that it wasn't bad having her as your guest for that time she was living with you. Nice that she did the dishes and was a polite (for the most part) house guest. Hope today is not as crazy as yesterday was for you at work. And I hope you can work remotely for as long as possible. Until the pandemic is over (or you get both of the vaccines which you probably aren't going to do because of your severe allergies) you should be able to work remotely. It makes the most sense. Have a good day today and hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds aww I am glad you enjoyed Bruce's performance and thank you for sharing. XOXO.

@Scandinavian she is very talented indeed. XOXO.

@MamaBee I am still overjoyed for you and on a Joanne high lol. Greg was cute coming up with names for you yesterday. What can I say? We get all our loved ones involved when it comes to diamonds. Woohoo for some 2021 good news. May that continue. XOXO.

@Slick1 how are you? How is your DD enjoying her new home? Hope your week is going well and can you believe tomorrow is Friday? Wow it goes so fast. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how is your week going and happy Thursday to you and your sweet DH. It's almost FriYAY woohoo. Hope all is well and you are loving (I know you are) all your beautiful bling. XOXO.

@MMtwo yup same here. The smoke detectors can be so annoying. We have had to take a few apart and well let's just say it took some time because they are hard wired. In Brooklyn I remember Greg had to take so many of them apart because we couldn't tell which one was the offending smoke alarm lol. It wasn't funny at the time being in the middle of the night which is when they always tend to go off. Hope you are having a good week. XOXO.

@canuk-gal it is a full time job but we do what we have to and take it one day at a time. Big warm hugs to you and thank you for doing what you do for others. There is no more noble profession IMO. Especially now during the pandemic. Big hugs. And I shared a few links in that other thread for Blanton's. Hope you can get some if you want to. XOXO.

@Polabowla how are you feeling today? Sending you healing hugs and lots of well wishes. I hope each day gets easier and you feel better and that good news happens at your DH's appointment this February. Cancer is super scary and we are here for you. Please please please let good news be the theme for 2021 for everyone here.:pray: XOXO.

@Austina I hope today is the day you get called to get your vaccines. I am with you. I like big open spaces and the square footage we have at the beach house is perfect for us. And so is our square footage in Brooklyn. It's a good use of space and we do live in every room in Brooklyn. At the beach house we don't use one room for now which is the guest room/cat's room upstairs. We have a lot of work to do in that room since RW and we have to rip out the carpet and throw out the mattresses on the beds there etc. RW can last up to two years and we wanted to get rid of everything in that room but as you know the last half of 2019 and into and through 2020 and now into 2021 our lives have been super busy so no opportunities to take care of that room. We have it closed off for now and as soon as we are strong enough and have the time and energy we will rip apart that room and make it usable again. Not that we can have guests over anytime soon but the cats did enjoy that room very much and I would like to get it back into commission. All this to say for the most part we use all our square footage with the exception of that room at the beach house. Hugs to you and enjoy a lovely day.

@Bayek hang in there. Each day is a day closer to you being done with the house and all the aggravation. You are almost there. And you got the vaccine woohoo and your friend is on the road to complete recovery. Wonderful news all around if you think about it and much to be grateful for. Big hugs to you Great Kate.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Yesterday we ran much needed errands to Costco and the supermarket. Costco was the emptiest I have ever seen it. Weird. We got what we needed minus anything heavy like water as Greg cannot lift heavy items for now because of his stitches in the neck and I can only lift so much also but we have enough water so we are OK. It was very windy yesterday despite the temps saying 40F it felt like 20F no kidding.

Not sure what is on our schedule today but it's a new day and we are here and I am happy about that. One day at a time and we are slowly getting through the pandemic and with new leadership hopefully a healthy happy future is coming our way. Big hugs to you all.

And because I have no other photos to share from yesterday I will share the selfie I took for Joanne haha. Sorry I have nothing more interesting and fun to share with you. Can you see how windy and freezing it felt yesterday?

missyoutsideoffoodtownjanuary2021.png

Big hugs girls. Be well and stay safe.

Hi to everyone else.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sweet and loving hugs to you my sweet friend. hahaha! the electricians are here to fix the stove hookup and now they say it's a gas problem, I shall never ever get why there are so many nincompoops in Texas :( How's Greg, how are you, text me! I'm making a concerted effort to lift my mood Missy, it's been really really horrible Missy, sort of like detached so I've missed so much here.. so sorry to not be here for you, pix are as always beautiful!.. love you.

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon sweetie! nice to be here again, hope you are well and happy! xo

@MamaBee i'm trying to figure out if you sold your stone and sent it back to WF and are upgrading cause I thought you mentioned another jeweler? ugh I gotta get it together, hope your little boys are doing well, I hope EVERYONE is doing well girlie. xoxoxo

@marcy thanks for the sweet words Marcy, how much snow y'all got now? I am soo soo Texan now lol.. SILs are great if they leave! got a few myself. i'm back and working out of this Kafkaesque life has and still is nutzoid. xoxoxo

@mrs-b Hola lovely wonderful woman! how are you? I love Boston and NYC and would give my eye teeth to live in either! xoxoxo (hope you are feeling well).

@bling_dream19 hi sweetie! xoxo

@Scandinavian Hey I thought GAGA was GREAT!!!!! xoxoxo

@springerspaniel Hey how are you? sorry I've been not a good NIRIDI, but am back xoxoxo

@Austina Yes I saw that your Adam was getting hitched! how wonderful, how smart, and it's all about the love between us and our DIL and our son, you are the best not sure if I will ever invite you up here! when we get together I will spill the whole sad event. :( hi to Colin and sending you huge KATE HUGS!!! xoxoxo

@Slick1 Hey, how's everyone in your neck of NY? snow? hope you are ALL enjoying winter and family xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds Greetings! how's your summer going? xoxoxo

@MMtwo Hello! greetings from Liberty Hill, TX! xo

@Calliecake hey how are you? great day yesterday! I cried on and off all day.. truth! xoxoxo

So I'm back and there are plumbers here (3) and a fireplace fixer guy.. it's hell but moving along, seems there is a major uckfayup with the hookup and gas hookup for the fireplace, John is pacing and while I ALWAYS wear a mask - I can't breathe! hahaha

loves you all! kate the GReaT

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @Bayek, I’m so hoping everything get’s sorted out soon, just hang in there, it WILL get done. I’ve been trying to be very patient waiting for my kitchen floor to get finished, small potatoes compared to what you’re dealing with, but the new tiles are eventually going down on Monday, nearly 3 months since it all started, oy! Don’t let what’s going on suck all the joy out of being close to your DS, DIL and most of all, your gorgeous granddaughter. That’s the reason for your move, and in time, when all this mess is far behind you, you‘ll be able to enjoy seeing her grow up.

As you say @marcy, why bother asking you to do the appraisals if your boss doesn’t agree? It’s nice having guests, but nicer when they leave :lol: At least your SIL helped out which is something. How’re you feeling now about your sapphire setting?

I’m starting to feel cold just hearing the words Polar Vortex @canuk-gal :shock: You must be a hardy lass living in those conditions. Your new ring is lovely, you must be thrilled with it.

I’m really happy to hear your back is feeling a little better @mrs-b, being in pain is miserable, and any relief is a welcome one. Everything crossed your appointments next week go well, and you only get good news. Epsom isn’t that far from us, it’s the other side of Surrey to where we are.

5C26EBA6-0C85-4153-9882-0C1E8629A26C.jpeg 236E3CDB-71B2-4992-AF01-389FF3CE9668.jpeg

We actually had town houses where we lived before @MamaBee, and they had even more stairs that we had in our house. Our current house is 3 storeys, so ideally, we’d like a single storey, but will probably end up with a 2 storey to get the room sizes and plot size we’re looking for. I’m not sure if they’re the same there, but essentially here, they’re what we call terraced houses, i.e. adjoined both sides. My friend Tricia lived in one, and they had extremely noisy neighbours.

Sounds like you enjoyed the performances @Daisys and Diamonds :mrgreen:

I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit more optimistic now @missy, I think there are an awful lot of people feeling that way ;-) I hope Greg is continuing to improve each day, and I really hope this is the beginning of better things for us all. No news here about the vaccine, our Dr’s website is now saying they’ll be texting people to go for their jab. Yesterday figures showed 2,000,000 people were vaccinated in a week, so I ‘should’ get mine end of March if they keep this up. I’m really hoping that your dear parents can get appointments soon, at least that’ll be one less worry for you. It’s hard being patient, but at least I don’t have any underlying health conditions that make me more susceptible.

I hope today is a good one for you @Polabowla, I really wish there was something there to help you.

Another lazy day here, I heard from Graham this morning that the tiler is coming Monday to do the kitchen floor :dance: Patience isn’t normally one of my virtues, but boy will I be glad for it to finally be done.

I did my roots this morning, honestly my hair is so white it looks like I have bald patches when they need doing.

How can tomorrow already be Friday? I haven’t been out of the house for nearly 2 weeks :???:

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

I am staying up way too late these days! Bad habits! I work tomorrow so tonight will be early.

Chilly out--think I'll stay home today. I don't need to run around everyday.

@missy Hope Greg is feeling better by the day. Is he still working--or on sick leave? Nice that Costco was empty. Not something you hear very often.

@marcy don't work too hard!!

@Bayek I am hoping your house issues diminish soon. I feel for you and your DH.

@Austina thank you I am. Your home is beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 it's friyay already! How are you? How is your week going? Big hugs. Have a wonderful day and weekend. XOXO.

@mrs-b good morning sweet friend. How are you feeling today? Sending you big hugs! Did you get a lot of snow? Ours has all melted. Did you enjoy some hot chocolate yesterday? Sending you big hugs and lots of love. Have a wonderful FriYAY.

@missy sweet and loving hugs to you my sweet friend. hahaha! the electricians are here to fix the stove hookup and now they say it's a gas problem, I shall never ever get why there are so many nincompoops in Texas :( How's Greg, how are you, text me! I'm making a concerted effort to lift my mood Missy, it's been really really horrible Missy, sort of like detached so I've missed so much here.. so sorry to not be here for you, pix are as always beautiful!.. love you.

Love you too Kate the Great @Bayek. I texted you but haven't checked to see if you got it. LMK. We are OK thank you and please do not worry. You have been dealing with a lot on your plate and we know we are here for each other no matter what. How is your shoulder? What is your house update? How did the electricians and fireplace guys do yesterday? Hope everything is fixed and working. Big hugs and much love. Hang in there. One day at a time.

@missy Hope Greg is feeling better by the day. Is he still working--or on sick leave? Nice that Costco was empty. Not something you hear very often.

Hi @canuk-gal yes, Greg is stil working. He only took off work the day of his surgery. He has been working from home since the pandemic so it's doable. He is feeling better but still quite fatigued. The surgeon called him yesterday to check on him and said the fatigue could be due to both the Augmentin he is taking twice a day and the thyroid meds. So just work through it and we shall see where he is in two weeks at his follow up appointment. It is hard seeing him fatigued like this but hopefully it is just temporary and he will get back to where he was as soon as the thyroid meds are adjusted properly and he is off the antibiotics. Thanks for asking.

Hope you enjoyed a warm cozy afternoon at home yesterday while the weather was chilly and that work goes smoothly today. Hugs.

@Austina glad you have no underlying conditions and you will be able to get the vaccine soon. Nice decor. I enjoy those rugs. Love the geometric shapes. Lots of visual interest. Glad your kitchen floor is getting retiled Monday and I hear you re patience. The one good thing about patience (at least for me) is the time is flying so I don't even have to practice patience because before I know it the time is here that I was waiting for...does that make sense? LOL. Wow to being inside for 2 weeks. I know, for me, I feel a bit stir crazy after 2 days lol. We went for a walk yesterday and it was chilly but good to get out of the house and once we started walking we warmed up so it was a nice walk. Sweet you did your roots yesterday. My hair is very gray/white with brown so there is no way I could just touch up my roots. As you know I am just letting it be but it isn't pretty and I am glad you were able to make your white roots go away. Hugs and have a wonderful FriYAY Austina.

@MamaBee do you remember I told you Libby was an F? LOL don't make me go back to the texts to find that haha. But I just knew. I am extra sensitive to certain things and that was something I felt in my gut. Listen to me girl. Big hugs and still doing the happy dance for you. Now I cannot wait to see your finished ER upgrade. Cmon cmon cmon. This is where patience has to come in but as I wrote to Austina it will be here before we know it. Big hugs. And F F F F F F F F F F :lol:

Hi @Slick1 how are you? I have a periodontal appointment next week and for some reason I always think of you when the appointment comes due lol. How is school going? Any vaccine update? And more importantly how is that gorgeous new ring of yours? SWOON! I love your new screen pic and I love love love your new ring. Hugs. And happy FriYAY.

@Polabowla how are you feeling? Thinking of you and continued well wishes for you and your DH and children. XOXO.

@GK2 you remain in my thoughts as does your DH. Big hugs and continued healing vibes to your DH. (((HUGS))).

@Sally Brown @SallyBrown not sure if you are around but just thinking of you and hoping your gallbladder surgery went well. Hugs.

@MMtwo how are you doing? Happy FriYAY and happy weekend. XOXO.

@springerspaniel have a wonderful day and a lovely weekend and hope all is going well. XOXO.

@marcy how are you? Hope you are happy it's the end of the week (I know you are lol) and looking forward to a good weekend. Any truck updates? Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well and a good week is being enjoyed.

Greg and I managed to go for a walk yesterday. Just under 4 miles. We were short 500 steps but Greg was very tired so it was time to go back home. He slept OK but I am concerned of course. I know it's one day at a time.

We are still waiting for the pathology report and I am a bit anxious about that. My poor sweet DH. What a crazy 2 years it has been and counting. So many surgeries during Covid 19. And we might not be done. We shall see.

I appreciate all the well wishes and love. Nothing goes unnoticed or unappreciated by me I promise. I so appreciate all your caring wishes and love and it has made a challenging time less difficult. Big hugs and much love to you all. XOXO.

I love the sky with the bare trees against the scape. Eery and beautiful.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.30.11 AM.png

It is a gentle walk we are doing and no hiking til Greg is much improved.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.32.12 AM.png

As we approached home after our walk lol. When I disarm the alarm the cats know we are coming home and they run to the front window haha.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.28.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.29.21 AM.png

Happy FriYAY girls. XOXO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.32.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 7.32.12 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 7

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY friends! Yay I'm so glad it's Friday - this week went really quickly actually.
Thinking about you @missy I love the gentle walks that you all are doing and the beautiful pictures. I am sure Greg is healing and getting stronger each day thanks to Nurse Missy! Hugs and lots of love to you and Greg.
@MamaBee I am so happy your Libby is an F and that your new ACA is an F! You go girl! This ring is going to be AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I'm really happy for you. And thanks for the compliment re finding gems and settings. It's one of my favorite things to do! I love to find preloved high quality settings. It makes me happy to have only high quality settings and if I switch stones out over time then I can because I love the setting. And it's also an endless hobby lol. I fall in love with a gem and need to find a setting. Or find a fabulous setting and need to find a gem. But, I'm coming to a close - I really don't need anymore rhr lol :lol: I'll be setting the new Summer ring, I've got a HOF sapphire ring bought preloved from Switzerland and shipped on 12/3 and finally got tracking that it arrived in the states yesterday! I was prepared it was lost or stolen. Hopefully it gets here soon. Mail has been very slow. And then I'm done with rhr for a little while! But I do have fun with them and usually wear 2 per day, a girl has to have a day ring and then a night ring - perks of wfh:lol::kiss2:
@mrs-b Thanks for the hair compliment - I'm enjoying my shorter locks, no more tangles!!!! I was losing lots of hair when it was long and it was constantly tangled. I'm enjoying the curls and hubby likes my new do so that's good. I hope you're feeling better and enjoying the crisp winter weather!
@Austina I LOVE your home - beautiful - brick is my favorite! You have a nice clean aesthetic. @Bayek hey girl! Hope you're having some fun and relaxing. Stinks about the house stress but hopefully it will be all worth it.
@marcy Your puppy is cute missing your sil. How are you loving your rings! Have you done a ring family shot? I know you've got a lot of rhr too :bigsmile::kiss2: Hope you're enjoying some good food and relaxing.
@canuk-gal I LOVE your Tiffany:kiss2::love::bigsmile: it's just magical.
@MMtwo I'm loving all of your pearls - hope you're having a great week!
Happy FriYAY and love and hugs to all!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDIs. I follow this thread off and on but not sure I've posted on it before.

We're finishing up our downsizing here. I don't regret our decision but still feel a little lost at the mo.

Now, on to finding new furniture for my one and only living room. :)

Has anyone else downsized? If so, details, tips, pics, etc. appreciated!

Recommendations on reclining chairs also appreciated lol.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be brutal @seaurchin, we downsized when we moved here, and we went through each room and just got rid of everything we knew we wouldn’t have room for. No point paying to move things you can’t use. Oh, and don’t make major furniture purchases until you’re sure they’ll fit in your new space, like ‘someone’ I know did :eh::shifty::oops:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I didn’t realise Greg has been working through all this @missy. He’s obviously very strong to keep going. He’s really been through the mill poor thing. I’m not surprised he’s getting very fatigued, it’s still very early days after such major surgery. Everything crossed for the best possible results. Honestly, it’s been so cold here, I really didn’t feel like venturing out. I don’t know it if would make any difference, but I feel that going out when it’s really cold might affect my knee, and I don’t want to aggravate it or cause any further issues.

Kim finds the same thing @bling_dream19, she recently cut 7” off her hair because she found she was losing more. It’s a great length now, and really suits you. Mine, on the other hand, is growing wild, and it could be another 2 or 3 months before I can get it cut again. First world problems I know, but I usually have it cut every 5 weeks. :shock:

Colin had a massive clear out when we did his walk in, so we had several bags of good quality clothes (some with tags on) to donate, but all the shops are closed. We remembered there were some recycling bins at the supermarket for the Salvation Army, so we loaded up the car, and dropped them off. Hopefully they’ll collect them soon, there are lots of jumpers and fleeces which will help someone out. We went out for a walk at the meadow, but it was filthy there, really muddy and icy.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good week and looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Seriously, what I have been dealing with is a first world problem of the nth degree, yeah my builder is a schmuck, he's a sleaze bag imho, the girl who did the cabinets won't talk to me - really I am 68 for christ sake - because John and I refused to pay the over charged bill, beware those who speak the word of Jesus and live the world of the liar, that's all I can say.. None the less, it's all a bunch of BS, I have the money, it was supposed to go to a new car, but that will have to wait, so be it.. now to you and Greg...

Your problems are not first world problems, what you are going through and what you have gone thru for the last 2 years in addition to covid is so much worse than my stupid, dumbass money problem, Kath is home btw, but not sure how cognizant she is, she is having a home health aid to help her with mobility.. I dunno, maybe I'm just stupid... so cancer is a big, horrible, damn scary thing, I can say, hey thyroid cancer is a more curable cancer than some, but ya know Missy girl, that is just a platitude and BS, it's damn scary, you keep your chin up and move forward (the late great Irish Shirley would say that) you move ahead, but Missy it's so much.. and I'm not gonna berate myself anymore, but I will say, YOU are owed an apology because I should have been paying attention, but I wasn't.. my stupid, dumbass bad, but won't happen again.

Hoping so much you are having a good day, the beautiful ocean behind you, or in front of you.. we ARE a part of a bigger plan (not sure wtf it is but I do believe).. I have always said and I say again, if the world were full of Missy and Greg's what a wonderful world it would be.. lucky us to be in YOUR life.. so I miss you, miss Greg, miss the city, miss everything, glad I got my first shot but you can be sure after the 2nd I'm on my way YOUR way... PLEASE give Greg a hello, a kind hug and a belief in the good of medicine (albeit most docs are PITAs and seem like they are ignoring you and you have to check everything so they don't kill you), I believe you guys live in a GREAT place full of GREAT medicine and I TRULY believe and I'm never wrong, Greg is going to peddling bit time soon, ice cream and spreading his kindness to all.

Kath is home, she isn't speaking much, just told me that she was outta ICU and spent 2 days on the Telemetry Floor, (i looked this up, this is a place where you are hooked up to machines that monitor you constantly and you have one nurse assigned to you).. after 2 days they let her go, so she's been home 2 days today.. she has a walker, I imagine being on an ECMO machine for over a week is going to REALLY cause muscle tone loss, a breathing problems etc. https://khn.org/news/miracle-machine-makes-heroic-rescues-and-leaves-patients-in-limbo/
ECMO machine is heavy duty and I hope I never have to be on it, personally, I'm not a good patient. :) Sent her flowers, she sent me a pix and said thank you.. she had told me BEFORE this whole episode happened that she wasn't going to be talking much or at all to save her strength so her heart and life could settle down and repair (the heart), but she went into another VTach or VFIB storm I'm not sure which one she had but she has had at least two now, 911 called 2x in the last month and all kinds of shocks to get her back.. so I get that she wants to mellow. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5491469/ (ventricular storm). The woman is a trooper, she has 2 grands in July they will be 4 and 5, one year apart, it's been a tough last 2 years for Kath, her daughter left the rich psycho with the 2 kids, then her daughter had a functional kidney problem and needed robotic surgery to try and save the kidney, while her daughter is having the kidney operation, Kath starts the STORMS! and so I don't even know how her daughter is doing - daughter doesn't like me cause she think's I'm the root of Kath's 'problems'... not true, but people like to blame someone, that's life. This whole thing has been so bewildering, and upsetting episode because I can't do anything, nada, covid makes that clear, I can't go to the city and train to Jersey or something (maybe Danny would drive me, altho he's getting over covid up at the Catskill house sheesh)..Geeze Louize this is turning into a tome.. I'll stop.

Do not forget me, until I go senile I expect to always be in touch with you 2 wonderful people and your beautiful family.. so much wonderful there.

So I'll go into the house again another time.. hahaha I'm so sick of it.

@Austina Can't wait to see a pix of Adam on his wedding day! congratulations, welcome to the MIL club!!! we are very special.. bbl to finish up and read.. do know I'm lucky to know you all.

Kate the GReaT

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy @Slick1 Our Slick1 has been thru the river and over the woods with dental work, infection pain, and seems to be out of the Kafkaesque world of crappy surgeons etc.. When I think oh crap about my jaw I think of Slick and I think she is the BEST trooper ever and always up, so Slick glad to read good stuff and I don't blame Missy of thinking about you when it comes to perio or ANY dental work, I think of you too.. you are my hero. xoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B E A U T I F U L, you have exquisite taste... and btw, it's 70F today, you will love it here. miss you. Kate

Hello lovelies

Oh @Bayek, I’m so hoping everything get’s sorted out soon, just hang in there, it WILL get done. I’ve been trying to be very patient waiting for my kitchen floor to get finished, small potatoes compared to what you’re dealing with, but the new tiles are eventually going down on Monday, nearly 3 months since it all started, oy! Don’t let what’s going on suck all the joy out of being close to your DS, DIL and most of all, your gorgeous granddaughter. That’s the reason for your move, and in time, when all this mess is far behind you, you‘ll be able to enjoy seeing her grow up.

As you say @marcy, why bother asking you to do the appraisals if your boss doesn’t agree? It’s nice having guests, but nicer when they leave :lol: At least your SIL helped out which is something. How’re you feeling now about your sapphire setting?

I’m starting to feel cold just hearing the words Polar Vortex @canuk-gal :shock: You must be a hardy lass living in those conditions. Your new ring is lovely, you must be thrilled with it.

I’m really happy to hear your back is feeling a little better @mrs-b, being in pain is miserable, and any relief is a welcome one. Everything crossed your appointments next week go well, and you only get good news. Epsom isn’t that far from us, it’s the other side of Surrey to where we are.

5C26EBA6-0C85-4153-9882-0C1E8629A26C.jpeg

236E3CDB-71B2-4992-AF01-389FF3CE9668.jpeg
2959C886-F13A-4C09-A1D4-292419F56FC1.jpeg

We actually had town houses where we lived before @MamaBee, and they had even more stairs that we had in our house. Our current house is 3 storeys, so ideally, we’d like a single storey, but will probably end up with a 2 storey to get the room sizes and plot size we’re looking for. I’m not sure if they’re the same there, but essentially here, they’re what we call terraced houses, i.e. adjoined both sides. My friend Tricia lived in one, and they had extremely noisy neighbours.

Sounds like you enjoyed the performances @Daisys and Diamonds :mrgreen:

I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit more optimistic now @missy, I think there are an awful lot of people feeling that way ;-) I hope Greg is continuing to improve each day, and I really hope this is the beginning of better things for us all. No news here about the vaccine, our Dr’s website is now saying they’ll be texting people to go for their jab. Yesterday figures showed 2,000,000 people were vaccinated in a week, so I ‘should’ get mine end of March if they keep this up. I’m really hoping that your dear parents can get appointments soon, at least that’ll be one less worry for you. It’s hard being patient, but at least I don’t have any underlying health conditions that make me more susceptible.

I hope today is a good one for you @Polabowla, I really wish there was something there to help you.

Another lazy day here, I heard from Graham this morning that the tiler is coming Monday to do the kitchen floor :dance: Patience isn’t normally one of my virtues, but boy will I be glad for it to finally be done.

I did my roots this morning, honestly my hair is so white it looks like I have bald patches when they need doing.

How can tomorrow already be Friday? I haven’t been out of the house for nearly 2 weeks :???:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay some pix!

1611346580188.png Auti at Xmas, she H A T E D that dress and took it off immediately I heard.

1611346674483.png ALL finished sorta.

1611346768295.png Kitchen sink

1611346833081.png Kath sent me for my birthday before she got really sick.

that's it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!!
Oh @Bayek thank you so much for thinking of me!! Your Autie is so beautiful and has gotten so big!! Your house, despite the BS, is just gorgeous! I love your choices of finishes. Yes! I’ve been through the wringer but am out the other side. I am finishing up the restoration work soon!! Having three-hour appts is draining and painful but it’s almost over!! Sorry you miss your son and your friend is ill... ((hugs))

@missy I am sorry Greg is feeling fatigued. I’m sure it’s normal after all his body has been through these past weeks, and year! He is strong and will beat this. So happy you got out for a walk. Fresh air is good for the soul! Good luck at your dental appt! I will be so happy to be finished with the whole dental thing! Going on three years!!

@Austina love your home!! I hope the move and downsizing is smooth for you and can happen sooner rather than later. You must miss your son so! Congratulations to the newlyweds! ❤️

@marcy hope all is well and you’re keeping cozy. Sorry to read about your husband’s accident. Hope work is not too crazy for you!

@MamaBee so happy your stones are Fs!! Woo hoo. So excited to see your new ring and stone. I’m sure you’ll fall in love and won’t miss Libby at all!! How long until you get it?

@bling_dream19 love your new jewelry pieces. You have a lovely collection!!

Keeping this short as I had a busy week and day. The students are back in school...No vaccine yet available here and I am not driving hours away to get one like my colleagues have. Honestly, I am hesitant due to AI issues all of my life and am afraid of having it flare up.

DD made the local paper (full page write up) and we had to get more copies so I posted in the local Facebook group. We just returned from driving all over town and picking up copies from strangers’ mailboxes. What we do for our kids :lol:
DD is moving in April, but we did get to see her new place and it’s the bomb!!

Loving my new ring. I got a CvB Platinum Astrid with a Moissy center. Sadly the restorative work is costing in the tens of thousands so Moissy it will be for now. Here is a pic.

Sorry if I missed anyone! Have a fabulous weekend lovely ladies. ❤️

A7C6D792-B1F0-4F4E-99A9-0B093D2ED736.jpeg
189D0DEB-F6D3-4DF2-83CD-74B1F1574531.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results