shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And make mom and dad watch please, im very worried about everyone in your city right now
One of my dear NJ Bruce freinds just had her doctor pass away from covid

I am so sorry! My girlfriend who is a pediatrician in NJ just had 2 of her MD friends die from Covid :(

One was a pulmonologist (and I am so worried for my other friend who is a pulmonologist) and one was a physician working in urgent care. And one of their wives died too. Tragic.:cry:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds thank you for that link. I didn't realize laying on one's back closed off airways the most. I forwarded it to my sister and parents and aunt and uncle and a few friends too. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds thank you for that link. I didn't realize laying on one's back closed off airways the most. I forwarded it to my sister and parents and aunt and uncle and a few friends too. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

We have to all survive this missy
We can't loose any more friends or family - every infected person is loved my someone
Its not unlike watching 9 11 from afar
Its different and not violent, but its shocking and heart breaking and it keeps happening again and again every day and the worst thing is most countries are so overwlmed themselves with their own situation its very hard to extend a practicle helping hand

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have to all survive this missy
We can't loose any more friends or family - every infected person is loved my someone
Its not unlike watching 9 11 from afar
Its different and not violent, but its shocking and heart breaking and it keeps happening again and again every day and the worst thing is most countries are so overwlmed themselves with their own situation its very hard to extend a practicle helping hand

I agree with you Daisy. We all have to survive this.

It is violent though :( if one ever saw one die of this it is horrible. But yes we need to support each other and we are all in this together. It cannot be every man for himself. Because then we are truly doomed. If we all just work together and support one another and help one another we will get through this stronger and better.

And to that end I won't get into politics but I am so upset about someone in our government who is trying to block sending masks to our friend Canada. But we cannot learn by that example. Rather most people are generous and kind and want to help.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry! My girlfriend who is a pediatrician in NJ just had 2 of her MD friends die from Covid :(

One was a pulmonologist (and I am so worried for my other friend who is a pulmonologist) and one was a physician working in urgent care. And one of their wives died too. Tragic.:cry:

What? OMG no. I’m so sorry to hear such news. I have friends working in the “first line of fire” too and I do worry for them.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s odd to be on PS when many of us are asleep, and fun when NIRDIs wake up and start posting.
I just had my French lesson and my mind is full. Mr. hedgehog seems to be doing OK. Of course he is asleep in the daytime as usual but wakes up a little when I check on him. He ate a little of the food that I put out for him, and there are plenty of insects in the garden as well. If indeed he is healthy he will do just fine here.
I am off to the garden up on the hill, which I call the Sky Garden, to start clearing a garden path with a hoe because my son-in-law is going to bring up a wheelbarrow of small stones he is removing from his terrace to start his own garden. Busy busy :)

Marcy, all I know about badgers is that they dig big holes in my garden every night. I have never seen one. Are they agressive or only when provoked??
Roscoe is hanging in there. Still not talking back, but gets a funny look on his face sometimes.

Will check in later!
XX

Good morning niffler : )

Our badgers are fine for humans, but might attack for example cats and dogs. So we try to persuade them to move into the forest each spring when they pop out from under our old barn...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends! I had my two gigantic mugs of coffee...I drink decaf but I’m so sensitive to caffeine that I get a jolt from the small amount in those cups of coffee!
@marcy I’m worried about the order I put in with Omaha Steaks. I ordered it on March 24...When I check the order it says delivery on April 14 but not one update since I ordered. Do you ever get updates? That would be three weeks...If I’m sending my husband home with dinners then I’ll need that for him...
I saw that episode with the moss on the walls! OMG That was hysterical!
I hope your foot is feeling better...I wonder if you snapped a little bone...I broke my metatarsal bone in my foot years ago. I could hear it snap like a little twig...Try not to bend it...Can you wrap it to keep it stable?
Ok Marcy and @missy...I want to see the filthy video. :lol: Missy you can email me...I need a laugh about now...haha
@missy Gracie is so adorable! I can tell you love her already. She looks like she can hold her own against Oliver the Terror...haha Oliver is so adorable...I should call my visiting cat Olivia...but not sure of her gender.
I’m happy Greg had a good night. I can see that it’s a big decision whether or not to go to NJ. I hope it stays quiet until this virus nightmare is over.
I love all your photos of flowering trees in New York. This is a pic of my favorite tree in my back yard. It’s hard to take a good photo but it comes over like a canopy.. I sometimes have to duck my head to go underneath it..I took this photo a few days ago...It’s fuller with more blooms now. I think I want to order a power washer from Home Depot so I can clean that walkway...
5E19A178-4461-4BDB-AED7-302235D550DF.jpeg
The handyman starts replacing the roof of the gazebo tomorrow! Exciting! :lol:
@Austina I’m so sorry your plans as well as Adam’s are put on hold now...
That‘s crazy that Adam ordered $1,000 worth of meat for the two of them! Haha
I’ll be back..The handyman sent me pics of my choice of cedar shingles! Woo Hoo!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @missy I’m so sorry about the doctors and wife that lost their lives to Covid-19. Heartbreaking...:cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My neighbor just sent me pics of my house in Pa in case I missed it...My poor lawn is a little bald because it wasn’t seeded or fertilized...but it’s really greening up...My pink tree is blooming...

00597D38-3BC1-4F81-A341-DBF0F534BC30.jpeg
F3D86215-D253-4902-B00F-6CECE8DCA6CF.jpeg
8C7538A9-3DAD-490D-A32A-B80F2797796A.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

@missy I am really sorry to hear the news of lives lost to those on the frontlines. As the rates have risen for covid we are now all either affected in some way or know people local to us who are. ::) How's greg? Here's a pic of Oreo playing peek a boo at the top of our stairs!
20200407_110239.jpg

@marcy Hi, how's things? How's the foot holding up? I can really empathise with the 'click....ow what the heck have I done!?'
@Mamabean I am enjoying looking at your photos. I meant to go for a longer walk today to get some photos of the lovely flowering trees local to me but didn't get round to it. Will try again tomorrow.

So our bathroom is now freshly painted. As we can't really move forward with any other jobs in there currently so we are going to freshen up the gloss paint on our hallway skirting boards. Thrilling stuff! o_O

Take care everyone, you are all in my thoughts! x

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No news is good news,

@missy Oh, the white stelata magnolias get me every time; there are none around (only the giant magnolias can take the dought, of them, thre are many.) Every year I am making sure to spend time uder a star magnolia, even if it takes a day trip. @Mamabean Is there one also on the side of your PA house? (last photo) - beautiful place (& new ring! & flowering crabapple!?)

-

@Jimmianne I can tell of having been host to a horde of hedgehogs - they used to winter under a pile of rotting timber/brances/leaves (waist high) reinforced with an arm length of wild raspberry hedge; mysterious & quite a few of them each year.

-

It seems that the few open shops around will keep the usual Easter schedule - ie. shut Thursday - Monday/Tuesday, so this makes things interesting in this household (normally, I go out on such occassions; this Easter, the last of my garden clearing fires will be for roasting things, starting tomorrow (never too early & then, another week of rains is likely, or so they say.) - ie. all the best ,)

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It cannot be every man for himself.
Of course not. Its every man for me! No... that was wrong. Hmmm... It’s every man for every girl, of course. Sorry. Bad joke.

It’s hard to take a good photo but it comes over like a canopy..
Oh how I wish my trees looked like that! Wouldn’t have the heart to cut them down. Much less work. LOL

My pink tree is blooming...
Gorgeous!

another week of rains is likely,
Of whatever you do, don’t send me any rain! So sick of rain, feels so nice to have some sun at last !!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, yippi for good weather! I think we both deserve some! How is home office treating you?

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Thinking of you and Greg and all the kitties. And you parents. Wish you all could have moved to the beach house but I know that’s al tiny bit challenging lol. Hugs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening ladies! I’m sooooo tired, I have spent the entire day gardening. This place has far too many trees so I have been cutting down some of them!
I’ll leave you with the view <3

727321DA-9958-4FBE-A1CC-A57207BF8D33.jpeg

Gorgeous!!!! The color blue is so beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne badgers are very aggressive and more so when provoked. My BIL is a wheat farmer and has had several of them go after him. Nice to be building a garden path. Good idea. My bears give me funny looks sometimes as well. And of course those stupid rabbits keep trying to bite me.

@Daisys and Diamonds very interesting information about hedgehogs.

@Mamabean how was your morning walk? I do not get updates on our orders from Omaha Steaks. I would say this shutdown has slowed down their shipping times. I noticed they are out of some things online too. Their chateaubriand is awesome; we usually order one for holidays. I have never had issues getting my orders from them. That’s funny you saw the moss episode too; it was so strange I doubt I’ll ever forget it. I’m like who wants live things growing on their walls? My foot was pretty agitated last night but better now that I have a shoe on. Ouch to breaking your metatarsal bone, did you have to wear a boot or brace? I was looking for our ace bandages but can’t find them. Marty thinks he threw them away because they were old. I have some self stick wound tape I might wrap on my foot tonight to see how that works. That video is totally funny. Your house in PA and all those trees are gorgeous.

@Austina too funny Adam orders from Omaha Steaks too. And once again I forgot to use my $20 off coupon; I think it’s good through the 15th. Thanks for reminding me. That’s great you can eat a lot; I have a girl friend that can keep up with Marty and she is tiny. Everyone is different. Thank goodness for stretch pants, eh? I saw your PM is in the ICU; I hope he has a quick turnaround.

@missy I’m so sorry Greg’s stones have not passed. Keeping him in my thoughts. My foot was bad last night and taking a shower this morning but getting my shoe on it helped. Yes, I have enjoyed the video several times and LOL to challenge accepted. You matching bands are awesome. I am loving all the signs of spring there - flowers, trees and COLOR. Sweet. Great pictures of sweet Gracie, glad she is strong and can hold her own.

@Scandinavian that is interesting your badgers aren’t aggressive towards people.

@Niffler75 peek a boo back to Oreo. What a cutie. Today my foot is better with a shoe on, thank you. Sweet to having a freshly painted bathroom.

@AV_ darn you can’t eat out for Easter. Roasting things from you garden sounds great.

@Scandinavian gorgeous view. Yes, we deserve nice weather. It was quite nice again today. Sweet. Woo hoo to doing yard work but that is “work”. I am getting more used to working from home but my car is calling my name “drive me, drive me”. I might have to go for a ride. Sadly Saturday and Sunday has snow in the forecast.

So as I mentioned above my foot was talking to me last night. I got a little Tupperware out this morning and put some Advil in it for me; that way I don’t have to get up and limp off to the bathroom to get some. Once I got my shows on after my shower the pain subsided again. I might go try my presses and rows today then wait a few days for deadlifting.

I fixed both of us a dish of strawberries and sent Marty a text - he thought I was teasing him. Funny he is so suspicious of me. Like I’d play jokes on him or something.

Work is boring today. I have meetings this afternoon tho.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No news is good news,

@missy Oh, the white stelata magnolias get me every time; there are none around (only the giant magnolias can take the dought, of them, thre are many.) Every year I am making sure to spend time uder a star magnolia, even if it takes a day trip. @Mamabean Is there one also on the side of your PA house? (last photo) - beautiful place (& new ring! & flowering crabapple!?)

-

@Jimmianne I can tell of having been host to a horde of hedgehogs - they used to winter under a pile of rotting timber/brances/leaves (waist high) reinforced with an arm length of wild raspberry hedge; mysterious & quite a few of them each year.

-

It seems that the few open shops around will keep the usual Easter schedule - ie. shut Thursday - Monday/Tuesday, so this makes things interesting in this household (normally, I go out on such occassions; this Easter, the last of my garden clearing fires will be for roasting things, starting tomorrow (never too early & then, another week of rains is likely, or so they say.) - ie. all the best ,)

@AV_ No..The trees on the other side of the house are white..I have another pink tree in my back yard that you can see through the family room window...
What will you be roasting? Food or brush?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean There should be sardines [I dip them in a hot, spiced brine after], mussles & random seafood, asparagus & eggplant roasting in the next few evenings, on the charcoal that is getting ready now; might get other ideas tomorrow.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian that is interesting your badgers aren’t aggressive towards people
They might still remember my grandfather... or tell tales about him... He had dogs that he was very protective of...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean There should be sardines [I dip them in a hot, spiced brine after], mussles & random seafood, asparagus & eggplant roasting in the next few evenings, on the charcoal that is getting ready now; might get other ideas tomorrow.

It sounds like a feast @AV_! Enjoy!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Just a few late lunches / early dinners, as they might be. It is all very simple & from nearby.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! how's everyone today? I've been in a real funk about this whole Covid mess but today I feel better, it's still so mind boggling to me.

Glad to read that yesterday morning the dear doorman is doing better @missy , as my Dad was blue collar and I remember how people treated him in his uniform at Grand Central when I was a teenager I know some people can be so damn haughty ( don't mean you guys at ALL!).. our worth in life is based on what we give back. not money. that said. Glad that things were looking up yesterday, I'm going to continue to read before posting this so I hope today is good too at this point. Jeez louise Missy that brownstone looks tons like Danny's place except the window in his brownstone is bigger but so similar but then again all the houses on his street look a lot alike, interspersed with apt buildings, so pretty Brooklyn is! Actually the picture with the beautiful tree looks exactly like his house with the windows jutting out of each floor, such beautiful Queen Anne architecture.. and sorry Greg has been moved to June but I am praying (and I try to NEVER pray for anything unless it's very important) I so pray that he does not have to go to the ER, before the zap. OH NO, I am soo sorry to read about your friends friend's deaths and spouse.. our first line responders our physicians gosh I am so so sorry Missy.. it hurts all of us. My SIL retired as a pediatric cardiologist last year at UVA and she volunteered to go in and help, but she is 64 now and they told her NO because she's at the age of getting sick, she said the hospital doesn't have a lot of action right now anyway and her daughter is a nurse at the hospital and her hours are normal, the college is closed, she said to me that she will again volunteer to read and diagnose for clinicians.. hopefully it won't get that bad in Charlottesville VA.. again so sorry about these deaths. so painful especially for the families of course and friends.. I feel it too. :( sending you and Greg and kids so much Kate love you will be blown over Missy girl. my heart to yours. xo

@Mamabean hey how's you? and the fam? Oh my your other house is so beautiful and the lawn looks wonderful! You must miss it.. you are such a good mamabean :) xoxoxo

@Jimmianne lol yeah clustermess ;-) hope you are doing very well Jimmi! How great that you saved the hedgehog.. hopefully he/she will find their way back to it's burrow but until then I think it's just wonderful you fed it and helped.. a sense of humor and a caring human! that's you. . and lucky us!

@Keeliamira Hi Keeliamira I too wish and hope that your appts will be scheduled soon, I know waiting for testing is a drag.

@springerspaniel Hi SP! hope you are having a wonderful week!

@Austina Isn't facetime the next best thing to being there! I miss Chris so much my heart aches. I'm hoping once we get back in order that naturalization papers speed up! sending a hug back to you and Colin! Austina I was sorry to read that Boris Johnson has been hospitalized, I'm no fan of him and his party really, but I see GB doing wonderful things for each other on either side for each other, that counts billions in my book on Britain coming thru the change perfectly well..

@AV_ oooh that fog picture is beautiful!

@marcy Glad the toe is feeling a mite bit better! and thanks for the kind words about my brother Joe, he's not called today but it's only 1ish there!

@Daisys and Diamonds Hi DD! I read that NZ is doing a wonderful job of keeping Covid19 at bay! hope you are having a wonderful morning in NZ.

Hey @Scandinavian I'll take your ring if people are so rude! how could they not know it's real! ;-) hope your family is doing well Scandi. Oh Scandi the view is soooo beautiful, I wish I had a view for my eventual house but it's just outta our price range but we will have our pool and the side yard will have a bit of view so I can't wait.. are you are your ocean house or your other house? maybe they both have water views, sometimes I can't remember everyone's houses! :) xo

@Slick1 Hi Slick sending hugs, hellos and love to you and yours hope everyone is well. xo

So I have such a damn hard time with the PS editor, it won't highlight Scandi, it's a real pain I hate to say this because basically I always like the latest update but this has been terrible, it's buggy meh.

Okay stop complaining Kate! Had happy hour yesterday with our friends in Austin on zoom, I had 1 martinis, usually I can handle that but boy I had a headache this morning, told John I dunno about Martini Monday anymore, maybe white wine monday or something.. these are our friends for John 40 years and me 35 years :) love them and their kids and grands.. good people.

Got the latest house plans and have to look at them all we are waiting on his the blueprints who heck knows.

My boys are good and Auti and Cara are great no complaints.

sending Kate love to you all.

xo

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

@missy Your very bad news of physicians falling caught me off guard; I am hearing of many everywhere spending many weeks away from homes they cannot return to, ill, dying on the job ,( - if not them, who can be protected at all. ,((( Few things make less sense & there is so much nonsense to choose from!

_

today better be over.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Scandinavian I'll take your ring if people are so rude! how could they not know it's real! ;-) hope your family is doing well Scandi. Oh Scandi the view is soooo beautiful, I wish I had a view for my eventual house but it's just outta our price range but we will have our pool and the side yard will have a bit of view so I can't wait.. are you are your ocean house or your other house? maybe they both have water views, sometimes I can't remember everyone's houses! :) xo

LOL no Ithink I’ll keep my pink tutu ring, I quite like it LOL I actually like that people don’t comment etc. No chance of being robbed. But in someother countries, the service has a tendency to improve when I flash it a little. People are weird.
Family is same same.
This is the summer house. A little longer to drive to work for DH but manageable. The house is a little smaller than our main hobbit dwelling, but the garden is huge :D
Your lot looks amazing, view or no view. Nature always wins my heart!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No news is good news,

-

-

I completly forgot about Easter being this week
they are going to let supermarkets open on Easter sunday to speed the week out - all these years latter people still shop like shops are still closed for days over Easter and theu do not want that this year
But still closed on Good Friday as usual because supermarkets need a rest and also they can restock and tidy all day without interruption

On the news last night so cute - Easter bunny has been given special permission to still deliver - but only him, so grandma and grandad etc will have to wait till the lockdown is over to give the kiddies the eggs

anyeay Easter !
Wow
the trees still have all their leaves on

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate mentioning your dad made me think of that saying that goes something like you can tell the character of someone by how they treat people no matter who they are or what they do. Did your brother call? My friend tried to get me in one of her freaking out conversations today but I changed the subject. How fun to have a happy hour with your friends on Zoom. Sorry you ended up with a headache. Good idea to try wine.

@Scandinavian it’s probably a good thing some people think your ring is fake. Yes some people treat you differently; some don’t pay attention. I wonder if badgers get used to the same person being around them.

@Daisys and Diamonds how cute the news says the Easter Bunny can still deliver. Luckily I picked us up some chocolate bunnies a few weeks ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results