shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy You remind me of my move to Spain a couple of years ago - what would have been day-long events would take a three day trip to do, often at wrong times; distance wiped out my calendar of fun with friends. From what I hear, it seems barely feasible for you to leave the circus for a day, even if it were enough for the reunion ,( Uh...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Uh... Not bad that you and your doctor got on the same page, not soon enough ,( They want their treatments to work more than we do!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate OMG..That must be so painful...Nerve pain is horrible..and all those needles...Sending you a big hug from Pa! I hope the antibiotic kicks in and it starts feeling better. xxxxoooo
Thank you for liking my bling..:kiss2:
This has been the day from h*ll so heading to bed. Nothing bad but I was on the phone for hours trying to set up a CT scan for my mom..It took me three hours to sort it out between the doctor’s office and the hospital where she will get it done. I also had a bunch of other stuff going on...I’m heading to bed at 9:25..I’m whipped. I know how to party! Lol
Goodnight girlfriends..I’ll talk to you tomorrow....from Maryland. xxxxoooo

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, the Bears dressed as the Village People would be funny. Maybe I should beat him to it and do the same to the rabbits. It is scary the work Marty and his team are doing; it’s a dying business. Are you feeling any better yet? Have fun on your mini vacation.

Missy, the only song that I remember of the Village People is YMCA and I can’t say I know the lyrics. Times change. I am quite interested in the new iPhone 11 Pro because it has a telephoto lens, a wide angle and ultra wide. It also has a f1.8 aperture for low light. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my iPhone X but I am quite interested in the camera. We were pricing them out tonight. The battery life sounds good on them too. I usually don’t have problems with mine unless I use a lot of data on a trip to Denver or something. That is so sweet the new ice cream place made you your favorite PB&J. I’ve had PB ice cream before but not with J. Gorgeous pictures and sweet picture of Oliver. I am sad to hear Fred isn’t dong well but glad he is purring when you pet and hug him.

Kate, that is awful about your infection and pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery to Jawgate. Big hugs to you. I hope your medicine helps SOON.

AV, the moves never go as smoothly as we hope.

Mamabean, sorry you had an awful day. Making arrangements for tests and treatments is way more difficult that it should be. I hope tomorrow is relaxing and pleasant for you.

I had a scary dream and woke up about 3:30. So in my dream Marty sits down on the edge of the bed and is talking to me; I’m thinking this is a dream because he is in Denver. Then he says wake up, wake up. Next thing i know I feel the mattress moving like someone is getting in to bed and that starts to freak me out because I’m the only here. Then I swear I felt someone’s hand touch mine. I am trying to wake up, I’m freaking out and can’t wake up. I finally wake up and turn on the lights and yes I’m still the only here. I watching Minions videos for a while then tried to go back to sleep but failed until about 5 minutes before my alarm went off. I was going to call in sick but we had a problem yesterday that required some manual entries today so I went in. I swear I wasn’t all there today.

Marty rushed home from Denver so we could meet a friend of ours from the astronomy club who moved to New Mexico about 8 years ago. He comes back for a few days to see his mom. We were going to meet for coffee and pie at about 7:30 and at 7:45 when they were a no show I sent him a text and they left this morning for New Mexico. He said his phone hasn’t been working too well up here. Some of the phone carriers don’t have great reception in Wyoming. So anyway Marty and I had our piece and came home. I took him an eyepiece tonight that I was going to give him so I sent him a picture of the present he missed out on. It’s our last door prize that I’ve had for about 5 years now. I’ll save it for his next trip.

I am totally yawning and struggling to stay away.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy You must never try to write a horror script, or I should know better than read details of nightmares at 05:53 Today is a long day.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @Tekate, I missed your post about having the implant removed. It’s just awful that you’ve been having so much pain and another infection. It doesn’t give me much confidence in dentists there, as I’ve never hear of anyone having such drastic complications as you and Slick. The only time a patient had a problem was when they went abroad to get an implant on the cheap, and well, things didn’t go well. I’m really hoping you can knock the infection on the head and heal up quickly. Would you be a candidate for a Maryland bridge? I don’t recall any of our patients having a problem with a bridge. I hope you’ve managed to have a good sleep and wake up feeling a bit better.

Love the new bling @Mamabean, your pendant is a very delicate shade of blue and the hexagon ring looks really stunning.

Thanks for the good thoughts for Dottie @marcy, this is the worst part of having pets, they just don’t live long enough, and it doesn’t get any easier. You think you’ll cope better each time, but you don’t, it’s just as devastating, but we keep on doing it! Sounds like you had an interesting day at work, and I hope you have a nice quiet time today to ease in to the weekend.

What’s going on with the universes @missy dumping all the c**p on you at once? Oy, you really don’t need any more problems, especially with all the laundry you’re doing every day. It sounds like Fred is a real battler despite all the problems, and what good news that he’s managing to eat and is still happy to be loved and petted. The fact that he’s still hanging on after all the treatments I think is reason to be cautiously optimistic. How great that your favourite ice cream was available, I’d have eaten both :lol:

Anything on the cards for this weekend @AV_? It’s getting cool here first thing and in the evening now, definitely noticing that we are in the grip of Autumn.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs, I hope all is well with you.

We had a busy day yesterday, took Dottie out, did our food shopping then we started on the utility room. Got the ceiling painted and one coat on the walls, and will be getting the second coat on soon before we take Dottie out today. She’s doing OK, we’re just giving her gentle walks as we feel she still needs to move, but much shorter walks.

TGIF :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Some good news. My apple laptop computer is all fixed and back in my hands woohoo. So fast. They emailed Greg yesterday at 11AM saying it was fixed and last night after dinner Greg went to pick it up for me. Best dh ever. After a loooong day (cats meds, cleanup, cycling and a conference call too) he wanted me to have it sooner vs later so instead of waiting til today he insisted on getting it back for me last night. And it is working well fingers crossed it continues.

@junebug17 good morning. Hope you are all better and enjoying a lovely long weekend in SC. (((Hugs))).

HI Nirdi's, I was on then off, went to see the surgeon and he finally saw the pus (sorry) etc so he's giving me gabapentin for nerve pain (?) my eye tooth hurts if I breathe on it :( my jaw is killing me due to the infection and all the needles.. so the plan is to keep me on Doxy again, try the gabapentin for a while, and probably have to see somebody in Austin that my surgeon will contact.. such a mess. I will never ever never ever ever ever get an implant again.. it's not worth it for someone like me, all started out with one abscessed tooth that the endodontist screwed up.. been one never ending jawgate.

Just wanted to give you guys a post to let you know what is going on.. I have to read all the above, I hope everyone is doing well, @Mamabean your new bling is just beautiful, love love love the Topaz ring, it's a dream..

Going to bed after this. @missy I can't take miralex I'm not surprised a cat can't it's tough.. sending you love and support missy. xoxoxoxo

bb tomorrow.. sending love all around!

Awww sweet Kate! I am sorry :( that you have pus and are dealing with this. Darn why can't the doctors see what we tell them when it is first happening. I am sending you so many healing vibes and big hugs and lots of good wishes. Please let the antibiotics take care of the infection and the Gabapentin helps the nerve pain and that you get well ASAP. Darn Jawgate! Grrrrrrr.:nono:
Thanks for the info about Miralax being hard on the system. I had no clue. Elaine recommended it as did a few PSers. My sister recommended Benefiber and I should have listened to her. Oh well. I wonder if I should now get Benefiber for Fred or if it might not agree with him either.

Dear Kate the Great please feel better and I am keeping good thoughts for you that this is easily resolved and you are pain and infection free very soon! (((HUGS))).

Missy, the only song that I remember of the Village People is YMCA and I can’t say I know the lyrics. Times change. I am quite interested in the new iPhone 11 Pro because it has a telephoto lens, a wide angle and ultra wide. It also has a f1.8 aperture for low light. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my iPhone X but I am quite interested in the camera. We were pricing them out tonight. The battery life sounds good on them too. I usually don’t have problems with mine unless I use a lot of data on a trip to Denver or something. That is so sweet the new ice cream place made you your favorite PB&J. I’ve had PB ice cream before but not with J. Gorgeous pictures and sweet picture of Oliver. I am sad to hear Fred isn’t dong well but glad he is purring when you pet and hug him.

The new iPhone sounds good. I might just get that when I need a new phone. Greg said the tech section of the WSJ gave it good reviews. Camera excellent and yes battery life is good on it too. I think I probably know all the VP songs by heart haha. Wish you could join us for our homemade ice cream. Today is a Days Ice Cream day unless I don't like the vegan flavors he has today and then we will head to Jimmy's place. I am very loyal generally but I need my ice cream yanno? :cheeky:

I had a scary dream and woke up about 3:30. So in my dream Marty sits down on the edge of the bed and is talking to me; I’m thinking this is a dream because he is in Denver. Then he says wake up, wake up. Next thing i know I feel the mattress moving like someone is getting in to bed and that starts to freak me out because I’m the only here. Then I swear I felt someone’s hand touch mine. I am trying to wake up, I’m freaking out and can’t wake up. I finally wake up and turn on the lights and yes I’m still the only here. I watching Minions videos for a while then tried to go back to sleep but failed until about 5 minutes before my alarm went off. I was going to call in sick but we had a problem yesterday that required some manual entries today so I went in. I swear I wasn’t all there today.

Oh that is a scary dream Marcy and thank goodness it was just a dream. Sending you comforting hugs and good thoughts and glad Marty is home with you and that you are both safe and sound.

Marty rushed home from Denver so we could meet a friend of ours from the astronomy club who moved to New Mexico about 8 years ago. He comes back for a few days to see his mom. We were going to meet for coffee and pie at about 7:30 and at 7:45 when they were a no show I sent him a text and they left this morning for New Mexico. He said his phone hasn’t been working too well up here. Some of the phone carriers don’t have great reception in Wyoming. So anyway Marty and I had our piece and came home. I took him an eyepiece tonight that I was going to give him so I sent him a picture of the present he missed out on. It’s our last door prize that I’ve had for about 5 years now. I’ll save it for his next trip.

Sorry your friend couldn't meet you and sorry he couldn't let you know beforehand. I would have been annoyed but I get annoyed by stuff like that. Wish I could be easy going and let it roll off my back but because you guys rushed to meet him it would have made it more aggravating for me. Glad you enjoyed coffee and pie though so you did get to have that.

I am totally yawning and struggling to stay away.

Hope you are having sweet and easy dreams dear Marcy and wake refreshed. XOXO.

This has been the day from h*ll so heading to bed. Nothing bad but I was on the phone for hours trying to set up a CT scan for my mom..It took me three hours to sort it out between the doctor’s office and the hospital where she will get it done. I also had a bunch of other stuff going on...I’m heading to bed at 9:25..I’m whipped. I know how to party! Lol
Goodnight girlfriends..I’ll talk to you tomorrow....from Maryland. xxxxoooo

Aww I am sorry you had a bad day and hope today is better. I hope your mom's CT scan appt is sorted out. You don't need added issues and it's hard enough dealing with all you are dealing with and it makes it that much more challenging to hit roadblocks at every corner. Sending you good wishes and hugs and hope you are having a good night's sleep. LOL I get ready for bed now around 7:30/8pm so who's the partier hahaha. 9:25 is like midnight to me.:lol:

@missy You remind me of my move to Spain a couple of years ago - what would have been day-long events would take a three day trip to do, often at wrong times; distance wiped out my calendar of fun with friends. From what I hear, it seems barely feasible for you to leave the circus for a day, even if it were enough for the reunion ,( Uh...

True @AV_ and wise. Cannot even make plans for a short time with friends. Just too much going on and to head into the city to attend the reunion isn't feasible. I am loathe to even go to my endocrinologist appt next Wed but I must go to that. Anything optional is just that and becomes too intrusive to my day as much as I want to go. As much as I want to see my friends. Just not possible at this time. Only so many hours in a day and so much energy I have.

What are your plans for the upcoming weekend @AV_?

What’s going on with the universes @missy dumping all the c**p on you at once? Oy, you really don’t need any more problems, especially with all the laundry you’re doing every day. It sounds like Fred is a real battler despite all the problems, and what good news that he’s managing to eat and is still happy to be loved and petted. The fact that he’s still hanging on after all the treatments I think is reason to be cautiously optimistic. How great that your favourite ice cream was available, I’d have eaten both :lol:

LOL I am eating my weight in ice cream every week I think. :lol:
I am not feeling good about how Fred is doing but that is because I am living with it every day. Writing about it makes it seem less extreme but truly he is looking terrible and I am so concerned but we are doing all we can and hoping and praying for the best.

We had a busy day yesterday, took Dottie out, did our food shopping then we started on the utility room. Got the ceiling painted and one coat on the walls, and will be getting the second coat on soon before we take Dottie out today. She’s doing OK, we’re just giving her gentle walks as we feel she still needs to move, but much shorter walks.

Glad Dottie is doing OK and that shorter walks are happening for her. Sending her lots of healing dust and hope her appt goes well. Monday right? Good luck with all your painting. How lovely it will all be when you are done. It's sweet seeing the transformation and knowing you made it happen with your own hands.

@canuk-gal how are you? What are your weekend plans? How's the weather? Hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing.

@Slick1 sending you hugs and happy wishes and have a wonderful weekend.

@bling_dream19 what are your weekend plans?

@Scandinavian thinking of you guys and sending hugs.

We had a good cycling day yesterday. Should be hitting 6K by tomorrow I think. Another perfect weather day albeit windy. We don't mind. And we have taken off the canopy so the wind resistance is much less and we are going faster despite the windier conditions. That canopy really slows us down due to the wind resistance.

It was another gorgeous day.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.37.19 AM.png

We both got a large yesterday. :lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.38.29 AM.png

Have a wonderful Friday lovely ladies.:sun: I cannot believe i's Friday already.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, starting to read through, sorry I have been off more than on, I just have felt so crummy, tired of tooth pain etc. But it's Friday and I'm going to shake it off, plus the cleaning service is coming!

@Mamabean jeezus I hope they find your missing diamonds at DK's... it's okay I've lost 2 diamond rings lately and a stone I bought a few years ago - green tourmaline, loved it.. cannot find them and that is the way it goes for me.. :) and your studs - well they are STUDLY! and gorgeous as is the pendant. they look beautiful on you Joanne.. all your jewelry is fine! :) thank you for caring Joanne, I sincerely appreciate it, I'm about ready to pull out all my teeth :) no pain no gain I guess. :) Joanna I am sorry you had a shit day yesterday, my mother said it never rains but it pours, if you are dealing with medicare which I assume you are, finding anywhere that will work with you is next to impossible, I am and I truly hope your mom is okay ((((Joanne)))) I don't mean to pry, but I hope your Chris is doing better Joanne, also my mom said 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is how it goes with our adult children, we do our best and that is all we can do sending you healthy dust for Chris and your family Joanne. sending you oodles of love true that. xoxo (you are very kind to me as is everyone here but I do want you to know I appreciate your words very very much).

@marcy Hello lady, how are you? I bet you have awesome muscles!!! I have awesome blubber! Marty is a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor and sorry if he thinks his company will have the losing bid, but your story about the Village People is hysterical, gotta have a man with a sense of humor I say! I feel okay and thank you so much for caring lady.

@junebug17 Hello there dear June! Thank you for your kind words June, I sincerely and truly appreciate your thoughts, after reading what you said I felt like a weight lifted off my back, we are women are stoic and strong it's true, but I have had a bitch of a week and thank you for saying it, it was liberating... xo ... have a WONDERFUL time in SC June, you deserve it, swim, eat and enjoy how beautiful SC is I know you do but I am happy to read you are jetting off! we leave on Wed for our trek across America, we have our first stop next sat. in Swope VA for our niece's wedding, Mike, Chris, Cara and my Awesome Autumn will be there and we are celebrating Mike and the brides older sister's birthday they were born on the same day with Mike being 4 years after Alicia, my SIL is handling everything (as mother of the bride but a physician this woman is more organized in 10 minutes than I am in 10 days :) ) have fun, are either of your kids coming down for a visit?

@missy I understand about missing the choice, once it get's colder it's back to Brooklyn! (if you can that is).. I am so so sorry you have to miss your graduate school reunion :( bummer totally, I love reunions. (this note is from the beginnig where I started to read, more below girl :) )

@AV_ Totally true AV, my surgeon sees this as 'new' I feel it's never been gone but percolating in the jawbone, it totally bugs John, I do know that our mouth nerves are very very senstive and that could be it, but I doubt it.. he's not done a CT scan which sort of surprised me, he DID do a CT before he did the implant or he wouldn't have done it if he saw ANY infection, when he took out the implant he didn't see any sign of infection so he thinks it's in the gum, maybe, maybe not, I cannot have anyting in that jawbone, I'm going send a msg to Slick and see how her infection started. Thanks for hte input AV xoxo

@Austina Hi Austina, thank you so much, I can see why you would have no faith in our dentistry, this guy is a medical doctor, went to medical school at Harvard, is a surgeon, he went to dental school at UConn and undergraduate at Bowdoin, all top notch schools here in the northeast with getting Harvard medical very impressive, that said, WTF! John is beginning to hate him, he has treated for 3 years now gratis and that is amazing, of course he does it also because he thinks I could probably sue him. :) he's a good guy and I don't really think at all this is his fault, his problem is that he's a cutter, surgeon (which isn't a problem per se) and not a healer, surgeons just cut, sew up and move on, the Infectious Disease doctor really doesn't do much either so it's
just one of those types of things that move from one physician to the next, I got a letter yesterday saying the ID group at Intermed here in Portland is moving to Maine Medical, which makes sense since most of ID doctors work is in hospitals, but it's a pain for me sorta, who knows. I think physicians in the USA are very good, my SIL was heard of Cardiology at UVA and she says: African doctors are better than Indian doctors, she thought they were better trained and she would go to an African doc b4 a Hindu doc... my SIL is retired now and loving and living life that she never had for 40 + years, a bit o wine, travel and happiness I love her a lot because she cares. oh well wanking on here aren't I? How's Dottie, I know you said she was better hoping she still is, Salley came back from her walk with John and she's limping and just lying around but not crying, John said she was running around with a bunch of German shepherds jeeze louise because my Salley is tiny compared to them, but no blood, we will wait and see and if bad, take her to the emergency VET tomorrow a.m. :) Austina, I've had bridges at least 3 in that area in the beginning it was 2 teeth now it's up to 4 gone, my wisdom tooth is there with a cap that they left on when they cut out the bridge 3 years ago, there is an implant next to the bridge that is okay and waiting for 3 years now and all the rest is gone till my eye tooth, sooo no bridge (the eye tooth has had root canal, this infection just moves leftward in my mouth)..it will have to be a device since I cannot have another implant there ever :)

my dear wonderful marvelous! (no commas!) @missy hello, I feel the same but am moving on! I agree with Austina that there is reason to be cautiously optimistic, maybe because I WANT to believe that, I sure do. Glad your Apple is back as the apple of your eye, I do so hate when my main 'puter breaks!..as you know John worked at Intel, one of his bosses at Intel is a huge biggy vice prez at Apple now, one of the finest men I have ever met, brilliant and interesting and a listener! he listened to me once about Intel's products and I thought that amazing 14 years ago, the guy is like totally loaded now too, which he deserves.. I was thinking of sending him an email and asking him to hire Mike! in Austin, Apple is growing hugely (thank you Trumpski for that) and it would be a great place for Mike but I'm chicken and John MIGHT kill and it would be akin to those mom's and dads who paid their kids getting into high end colleges, better NOT to do something like that, Mike will be the best programmer he can be and it's up to him to forge his career and he's happy working for the State of Texas so I have to keep things in perspective, helicopter mother. Missy, my jawgate is a pain in the mouth and derriere, but RWgate is worse, I will get better, and I can talk but with your furbabies it's harder so YOU take of yourself and the gorgeous Greg! and give him a hug from me... John is out getting the gabapentin now... Is it kismet, is it God, is Yahweh, whatever it is has somehow had this in your path in life and Missy, I don't think anyone could do a better job of taking care of your furkids and peeps, you have a heart of love, it ain't been easy and I feel for you.. Ice cream always helps though ((((MISSY))))) Missy the tech section in the NYTimes gave the new Iphone a great review and said unless you need the camera there's no reason to upgrade, I was shocked, the guy has never said that before.. we are android users so I now nothing about the Iphone, but everyone I know who has one loves it! The weather looks glorious yesterday the ice cream looks to die for.. glad you took the canopy off as the sun is not as high up in the sky so you won't get as much heat and no sunburn! you have a wonderful friday and sending you and Irish woman's hug xoxoxoxoxoxo etc. :)

@Slick1 greetings and happy weekend, wedding...... news?..... how's it going....... :)

@Scandinavian sending a huge hug aross the ocean to you and the family and your mom.

@Calliecake hi Callie!!! how are you? This is going to be the best weekend for you.. remember to get sleep :) and take advil if you back hurts from picking up your little niece! it's gonna a fun weekend and I send you happy vibes and also an Irish woman's huge HUG.. xoxoxoxo

@bling_dream19 have a wonderful Friday girlie! sending you wonderful happy dust and a huge hug also, and btw, my son was married on a Friday night and it worked out fine, seems many young people today have 2 weddings, my nephew next summer will marry here in the US and then have the wedding in France! my niece married her husband 4 years ago and they married first and then had the wedding a few weeks later because her husband is from England and for some reason they had to marry quickly to keep him here so they could have the big event..

Sending love to you all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 My daughter-in-law is Jewish....Her mom told her they couldn’t get married before sundown on Saturday because of the Sabbath. The reception was to be held at President Washington’s historic home...but the home had to be closed at ten which would have not worked out for the reception after the wedding. I suggested that they get married on Saturday after sundown but have the reception the next day..on Sunday. I gave the Wedding Dinner instead of the rehearsal dinner. Close family and friends attended the wedding which kept it intimate and meaningful. There were around seventy people so it was a mini wedding...She even had two gowns...one for each night...It was so much fun to do this for them. The next day they had the reception...It was a fun weekend!
Having it on a Wednesday will be a challenge for some people...so they may only be able to make the Saturday wedding. Try not to worry about that...The people that can make it work will come on Wednesday...If you are getting married in an area with things to do you can make up little brochures of fun activities in the area to bridge the time between Wednesday and Saturday. I bet there will be people that will make a vacation out of the time...even a family reunion...
I forgot to mention...I have the 2.3 mm pink sapphire band from Sarriel....I love it..

Hi @Mamabean thank you for sharing how your son and daughter in law got married. That is very unique to have the ceremony and wedding dinner and then the next day have the reception. I actually love the idea of the ceremony and then a small dinner. My parents have said they will pay for my dress - and my mom has already suggested 2 dresses! So, I might be wearing 2 dresses too! Thanks for helping me calm down. I agree the people who can make it for Wednesday will make and those who can't will be there for Sat wedding and reception. And you're right, the folks who come wednesday and stay might really enjoy the time and make a vacation out of it.

Ok I NEED TO SEE YOUR 2.3MM PINK SARRIEL!!!:love::love::love:
I'm hoping I still made the right decision with the 1.8mm one, my plan is for when I'm swollen lol that I will prefer the thin band, or when it's winter I might be able to wear 3 bands. It's funny, I have size 7 long fingers but I don't seem to be able to stack - my fiance says my length comes from the knuckle to the nail but I'm stubby from knuckle to the hand lol:lol::D

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, my wardrobe malfunction was approached with amusement. I always have a sweater and jacket at work so I had plenty of “cover” material if necessary. I wore cotton today. I am so glad your energy level is up but colds this time of year seem to linger. I hope you start to feel way better soon. Yes, that is very kind of Dee Jay to send me the one Snoopy book I am missing. She is way more considerate than my sister. LOL. I am glad I have diamonds to compare and I don’t regret having either one of them. Thank you, I appreciate your kind words; I like them a lot.

Missy, I hated to hear you had a tire go bad today. Greg is the man; nice he got it fixed and made it to a dealer. Like you guys needed more problems. Nice that your husband, the saint; got your laptop turned in to fix. Apple should fix it up right away. LOL, I did have a cocktail for you and me both. I should have just had one for you. I’m not impaired so did drive home but one more sip would have been a different story. We debated between a second glass of wine or dessert; we both opted for a second glass. Then they filled them to the brim. There is totally a joke in there about a soggy bun; luckily my sandwich was fine for lunch today. Peach ice cream sounds fabulous. Nice to run in to J; it’s good to catch up with friends. Your Moissy is fabulous; very pretty stone. Missy I had to hear about Fred but maybe getting all of that out of him he will feel better and start eating again. That sound promising to me the RW seems to be less prominent. Hoping things are improving for the better.

Callie, I’m with you on not wanting to get implants. They had to pull a tooth of mine about 7 years ago now and I haven’t done anything to replace it. My allergies are better today; it looks like that bad smoke cloud moved your direction and blew out of here. I didn’t have a coughing attack at all last night. Nice. My wardrobe malfunction was funny; I got out trusty old non-slick cotton clothes to wear today. Luckily they keep it chilly at work so buttoning up my sweater was fine; I was warm in my car driving home though. You do have a fun and busy week planned. I know you’ll have a blast with your grandniece. She’ll have lots of good stories for you. Enjoy. Are you feeling okay now?

Bling Dream, my knee is slightly better. Thank you. Fall is a very nice time of the year; sadly it’s quickly followed by 8 months of winter here. How are you doing? I have a total RHR obsession. That is cool to get married on Wednesday but I see the dilemma of people being able to attend on a Wednesday - especially those who have to travel. A friend of our got marred at at justice of the peace then did a church wedding but they were about a year apart. Best timing ever - during the church wedding they asked if there is anyone who objects … and there was the biggest crack of thunder ever. It shook the church. The cluster pendant is gorgeous. I have 2 sisters; how many do you have? The one is rather judge-mental and bitter the other one is overly sensitive and has a sense of entitlement. I don’t know how I turned out different than both, but I did which is why I was named the trustee of my parent’s estate. Sweet you love teddy bears and mermaids. Yes, I am kind of a clean freak and drive others crazy so I try to keep it less frantic. I am excited for your sapphire band. Neither Marty or I take things too seriously but having a rumor like that out there is kind of unsettling. I bet your lavender spinel is gorgeous. Spinel is a great gemstone. Pictures?

Mamabean, I love that color of blue. I had a blue zircon solitaire ring once - one of those things I sold to buy more jewelry. That’s great your couch is such resistant to dirt and stains. I used to make a cream of chicken casserole too; the soup, chicken over rice. It was quite tasty. My mom used to make a lot of jello salads and desserts; I only liked it when I was sick though. What a hassle to get an approval to remove a dead tree. We have to get approvals on any outside changes from our HOA; so far we haven’t done anything that required the consent. Ooh to a pink sapphire band - is there a thread on it?

Kate, I am so sorry you had to have your implant pulled. I hope you are doing better now. You can tell John you are buying a CBI for scientific purposes; to see if light really can be refracted differently in an ideal cut diamond. I am a total enabler. Yes, many things I consider childhood comfort food were things made from scratch and on a budget. Sometimes we just have to fix them, huh? All right for being in for dinner and drinks with friends. Hoping someday many of us NIRDI’s can do that. We used to have butter Rainbow bread with cinnamon and sugar on it. It was quite a treat as a kid.

I had a great time at supper with my girl friend. She is recovering really well from her hip replacement and is working full time again. I got home about 7:30 and my 2 glasses of wine must have made me slippy I am yawning big time while I am typing this.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

Hey marcygirl! Yay your knee is better. I need cleaning lessons from you! I will take some pics of my mermaids and teddy bears for you. Ok that's a cool idea too - to get married justice of the peace and then do a church wedding a year later - so happy that worked for your friend. I have 1 sister 2 years older - she is awesome, very caring but she always says she's impressed that I'm a professional and I actually work and am good at what I do. She's said she will always think of me at 18 years old.
And I am starting to be obsessed at rhr's too!!! I need to size the ones I currently have so I can wear them lol. But my new spinel will be a rhr - I have my heart set on a rose gold setting. Just need to get the project going. Work always gets in the way - but necessary for the bling!
I used to eat cinnamon sugar butter toast too growing up - always a treat when I got to have that for breakfast! And a chicken dish with mushroom soup and cheese was a hit too @Tekate
Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I just finished making the pumpkin spice cake and making cream cheese frosting soon!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Yesterday ran away with us, as I went to Pilates which was a big of a struggle, and we went to the cinema to see the Downton Abbey film. We both really enjoyed it.

Wow @bling_dream19 , I love the band and what a great price too, it looks so pretty. I’ve been dithering as to whether I want a band to wear with Bella, and modern diamonds just don’t go, but perhaps a coloured stone band would! Your cluster pendant is really lovely and exactly the type of piece you’d get a lot of wear out of.

:lol: Next on the list is the utility room @Tekate, it’s only a small room but we’ve decided to change the sink and worktop and the tiled splashaback. We changed the units when we moved in, so this is the final thing that needs doing. How’re you feeling today? I really hope that Toothgate will be over soon.

How great that DeeJay got your book for you @marcy. I’m glad it wasn’t a cold, where’s the smoke coming from? We’re not staying in Austin for Christmas, they came here last year, so it’s her family’s turn this year, and also, our dog sitters don’t work over Christmas. I know she wouldn’t know any difference, but I also wouldn’t want to leave Dottie over Christmas. Great news that Marty has picked up another client, better for clients to come in one at a time than a huge rush. Enjoy your liquid meals with friends :P2

Thanks for the recommendation @Mamabean, the band is lovely, and I bet looks great with aquas too. I hope your life is less stressful and you’re taking time for yourself. :love: Your bling projects, nice to have a distraction from the problems, and you thoroughly deserve to treat yourself.

It doesn’t hurt that I actually like decorating @Calliecake, so we’ll be painting the utility room this weekend in readiness for the small makeover. Sounds like you’ll be having fun with your grandniece this weekend as well as a busy week. I’m not surprised that you’re having second thoughts about implants, I did hear of one or two patients having problems, but nothing like poor Tekate and Slick have experienced. On the whole, they went well and patients were delighted with the results.

I hope you’re feeling better @junebug17 and you’re on top of the cold and on the mend.

Oy indeed @missy. Poor little Bobby :(2 I really hope the lime dips went well yesterday and the kitties weren’t too traumatised. Are they still eating OK? I remember when you got your new computer and it wasn’t that long ago, they just don’t make anything to last these days, is it still within warranty? I know you can’t get back to the store at the moment, what a pain.

The delivery men have already been with the dressing table, and they put it together before they left. The legs were definitely wrong last time, as these just slotted in to place with no resistance at all.

I’m really worried about Dottie, as I mentioned before, she’s had some stiffness in her left front leg, but yesterday evening, she was really hobbling and I was going to ring the vet this morning for an appointment. I’m slightly reluctant to take her because she hates going, and I don’t want them putting her through endless tests or giving her lots of drugs because we have insurance. This morning, she’s a lot better, so I don’t know what to do. I’ve manipulated her leg, and I know if she was in pain she’d be yelping. Tom has also now said he can’t have her when we go away in Nov/December. I’ve contacted my friend Anne who’s happy to have her, just means a 4hr+ journey, which I’m happy to do to know she’s being well taken care of.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a wonderful Wednesday :wavey:

Ooh that's great you saw the Downton Abby movie - I want to go see it! I think a colored band would look glorious with Bella! What color are you thinking about? I'm thinking these little bands will be addictive - I'm already thinking about an emerald one. Hope you have great weekend with decorating and I agree bling projects are a great distraction and brings a lot of joy while we are all going through what we are going through. Hugs to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies.

Dear Kate, how are you feeling this AM? I am sorry the implant had to be removed but now I hope and pray you are healing and feeling better. You are on my mind. I am sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love. Thanks for your lovely comments about Greg and well everything. You are such a warm and kind and generous loving individual. I admire everything about you Kate and your wise philosophy of life too.

The peach ice cream was fab and the coffee espresso ice cream delish. I am borrowing Greg's computer (before he needs it and then I have to go to Mr Clunky computer) so I can share a photo because Mr Clunky computer doesn't have access to the photos. Here you go. Coffee Espresso. Wish you could join us Kate. Ice cream goes down so easily.:lickout: And we needed an espresso boost yesterday for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.35.29 AM.png

And I second @marcy 's wish for dinner and drinks with the NIRDIs...or perhaps a weekend of pampering at a spa? When life calms down everyone is invited over and we will cook a grand meal complete with baked goods. Just saying. :appl: I look forward to calmer and happier times. XOXO.

Speaking of which @Scandinavian how is your mom doing? Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping it is a good week for your mom. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 hope your week is going well. Sending you hugs and love.

Thank you Marcy for all your kind comments. Greg went to Apple yesterday and had to really beg to get seen as there were no appointments available til next week. Over the phone they told him no appts til next week but if he walked in he could maybe be seen. It is over 30 minutes away (like we have any extra time in the day no we don't) so he went and at the store they said it would be over a 2 hour wait. But he was able to talk to a manager and somehow he got in to be seen in 30 minutes sweet. It will take them 3-5 business days to fix (hopefully they can fix it) so in the meantime I am on the old Mr Clunky though at the moment I am borrowing Greg's "good" computer. Which is still clunky compared to my Air. I miss my Air. So it goes.

As far as a choice between wine and dessert I say have both. Life is short and we need to make it as sweet as possible. Glad you drive safely and never drive impaired. Smart cookie. Haha see what I did there? Yummm cookies. Glad you enjoyed a lovely dinner with your girlfriend and that she is recovering nicely from her hip surgery. LOL 7:30 is the time I get ready for bed these days. Have a good day at work Marcy and sending you hugs.

@bling_dream19 I 100% think you and your FI should do what works best for you. If that is to have 2 ceremonies than that is what you should do. If it is to have just one Wednesday ceremony then that is what you should do. Talk it over and think about it and see who can come and who might not be able to come who you want to come. If everyone you want to come will then I guess it is an easy decision. From our personal experience we loved both ceremonies and they were both special in different ways. They were both romantic and memorable. The weather here has been perfect and I hope you are enjoying some gorgeous weather too. What season were you thinking about for your wedding? Summer/Spring/Winter or Autumn. They all have pros and cons.
And remember you cannot go wrong when you are marrying the love of your life!

@Austina I am sorry about Dottie and I would take her to get checked out even though she is better today. Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry and a little stress is worth it if it helps prevent a bigger issue. I am glad Annie can watch her when you go away next trip. What a relief and peace of mind.

Thanks for your good thoughts for the kitties. Fred is barely eating and even Bobby is eating less. And Tommy is definitely losing weight but that could be partly due to his overactive thyroid that we are not treating at the moment. It's a long struggle every morning/every day but we take it one step at a time. I feel Bobby's RW area is getting larger but we will see since the vet was unsure if it is new RW or not. The computer is under warranty it turns out. 2 years old and we have Apple Care which is 3 years. But if they cannot fix it not sure what that means. Hope you get Dottie's health issue sorted out and it turns out to be nothing of concern. XO.

@AV_ good morning. How are you doing? Any delicious fruit you are enjoying? Blackberries still in season? The blueberries here aren't sweet anymore so sadly my favorite snack is no longer good. Summer went so fast this year. Hope you are having a good week. Hugs.

@Mamabean how are you doing? How is your week going? Hoping you are feeling well and that things are going as smoothly as possible. Sending you love and hugs. And let's see any bling you have to share with us bling sister. :kiss2: Speaking of bling...

Thanks for the AVC love all. @Tekate I just love this ring. It is me. Simple elegance IMO. :sun: Not to say I am elegant no that came out wrong but more my style is simple. Yes that is what I mean.:cool2:
Still photo from the car trip to the vet yesterday. Sun streaming in through the windows.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.48.13 AM.png

OK off to eat some breakfast and then start the cleaning. The cats got their meds and ate a little bit. It's a struggle. I definitely see Bobby's newest RW area increasing in size. I do not love his vet. I don't think she is great. But we have little choice here and I just hope we get the cats through this. Poor Fred. He obviously has something else going on besides (in addition to) RW but we don't yet know what it is. What a summer this has been and it will be continuing into Autumn but we are going to continue taking it one day and one hour at a time. Sending you all hugs and love.

Leaving you with our mileage of the cycling season 2019 so far...

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.58.51 AM.png

Not bad...only 187 miles left to go til we hit 6K woohoo.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Have a great Wednesday girls. XOXO.

@missy thinking about a December wedding on the beach on a Wednesday - we don't care if we are cold lol. My dad can still walk me down the beach aisle and my mom will be there too and my fiance's family - whomever can be there. Then all go to a fantastic dinner. Relax and do fun things over Thursday and Friday and then do a church wedding with all the family and friends, on Saturday and a reception after. Then head off for a honeymoon on Sunday or Monday! Ok that feels good to say that. We are getting somewhere:) Hopefully, we will take the plunge soon and officially plan it. I want a beautiful dress, beautiful jewelry and feel beautiful, have delicious food and everything else is a bonus. And you're right, you can't go wrong when you're marrying the love of your life! Hope we are as happy as you and Greg! My fiance is wonderful and I'm ready to officially be married to him and start our life!
Your ring is gorgeous Missy and I hope your kitties are healing each day and you are too. Sending you strength and hugs.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
89BBE820-0E33-4613-8108-320998A87764.png 8CB5B862-7E8C-4923-87BD-ECDA1BD6DEBB.jpeg 6E637ED7-4147-428A-B69A-DB028A5CB21D.jpeg
The bling came! The Swiss Blue Topaz is gorgeous...but so blue! I don’t usually wear colored stones...so it will take getting use to. I can’t capture the sparkle but it sparkles a lot more than any topaz I’ve ever seen..There’s no black area or obstruction..It just photographed that way...because I stink at taking photos. It truly looks like a zircon...The hexagon moissy setting looks so much better with the points rounded off a little. I love it now...The blue pendant does not look blue to me unless I put it next to Libby, or on a sheet of white paper...It’s also pretty huge for a pendant...for me...I like small diamonds on my neck....Here are some photos but they’re bad.
David never sent my diamonds that I sent with my first setting and five diamonds that I thought he could use in one of my settings. I reminded him once and he forgot..so I told him it was okay. I always have projects and send it next time. I got my five diamonds back today but not the four diamonds and baguettes from my very first setting. I think he had them too long. I’m hoping he didn’t misplace them or send them to someone else...:pray:

@Mamabean brought the bling!!! I am in love with the Swiss Blue Topaz! Costcy has some Swiss blue topaz jewelry https://www.costco.com/gemstone-earrings.html they are towards the bottom of the page. https://www.costco.com/gemstone-necklaces.html And there's a few necklace options too - in case you need a set now that you have your stunning ring!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
77B2DF66-F30F-4E97-A448-F63616638BC3.jpeg
Here’s a pic of it on my neck next to one of my diamond studs. You can see a color difference..but not really blue unless you stare at next to a white diamond.

Looks beautiful on you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM girls!

@junebug17 yay for a mini vacation in SC. I hope you are feeling all better and sometimes being relaxed and unmotivated is just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy and have fun!

@marcy glad the workweek is going quickly and you are also getting to lift. Sweet. Haha Marty that joker. I enjoyed The Village People in the seventies. LOL if I listened to them now I wonder if I would cringe. Exciting you are considering a new phone. Greg just told me yesterday the new iPhones (11?) have 3 different camera lenses and an amazing battery life so when I am ready for a new phone I might just get the newest model which is very unlike me. But I love long battery life and love taking photos with the phone.

@AV_ glad you could enlist the help of a local grocer for the best most fruitful items. I love fruit and veggies. They are (besides ice cream haha) my junk food. Winter always brings less to enjoy re fruit and veggies as I like to eat fresh and local and organic. Which can be challenging in NYC. And NJ. I am sure hoping we won't be at the shore all winter. I might just lose (or have I already) my mind.

@Mamabean How is your son doing? How are you doing? Continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts. I love the Swiss Blue and hope you are pleased with all of your beautiful new bling. Speaking of bling...

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? Any bling (or other) updates?

@Tekate dear Kate the Great how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and continued healing vibes and hugs being sent your way. Greg says hey and sends all his best to you too. Any home updates? (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 well you are firmly into the school year. How are things going? Are the parents as nice as their kids? How are you feeling? Sending you hugs and healing vibes and I am sure you are super busy with all the wedding stuff. Enjoy.

@Austina how is Dottie doing? Hoping she is feeling better and you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian sending you and your mom lots of good luck dust and gentle hugs. Thinking of you.

So as you know we have been doing lots of laundry all day long each and every day due to RW gate and now one of our dryers appears to be having issues and OMG IDK what we are going to do. Because it is the one in the basement so hard to get down there. What a pain in the neck this is. Greg is shopping online but I just don't want to give up a whole day waiting for delivery either but we cannot manage with just one dryer. Greg wants to buy a whole new washer and dryer even though it is just the dryer that is having issues. The set is about 20 years old. Still, not great timing if you kwim. The machines are running almost all day with all the sheets, towels and clothing we are washing all the time. Cmon universe, please stop beating us up. Pretty please?:pray:

We had a good ride yesterday and Jimmy (the owner of the ice cream place we started going to when Days closed during the week) surprised me with my favorite flavor ice cream. He made it just for me yesterday. Isn't that so sweet? It was delicious and of course I got a large. Haha Greg only got a medium though he is always the one to tell me let's get large. But what happened was Greg was chatting with Jimmy while I ordered with the staff (I got a medium size peach at first not realizing Jimmy had made PB&J special for me and it was put away so it wouldn't sell out before we got there) and then Greg ordered but Jimmy said hey wait did you get the PB&J and I was no I didn't know you had it and he took my peach for himself and gave me the PB&J. In the meantime Greg had already ordered a medium and didn't want to add to it. Oh well. And yay for PB&J.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.35.29 AM.png

The day was unbelievably gorgeous as has been the whole week. A perfect weather week. It was windy but just so beautiful it didn't matter.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.57 AM.png

Have a lovely Thursday girls and sending hugs and love your way.

And little Ollie meows and purrs hello to each and everyone of his aunties. He is still very yellow from his L-S dip.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.38.32 AM.png

Fred isn't doing well :cry2: and he cannot tolerate the Miralax and is constipated again. What a vicious cycle. And he looks just awful. But he is eating some and purring when we pet him and hug him. Please keep him in your thoughts. Thanks lovely ladies. Have a wonderful day. XOXO.

Costco has some good washers and dryers @missy, Your pics are just gorgeous - I'm not beach bound for this weekend unfortunately so your pics are making me happy. Thinking about your sweet kitties. If this was the Olympics, you and Greg would get the gold medal for sure regarding best care for your furbabies. Hang in there friend.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good evening, NIRDI!

@Tekate I get it that you could make an interesting introduction or two - & such things tend to be not too useful [how does one follow up!], but of course not pull strings unless you own a lot of apples very, very, very discretely [attempted humour.]

@Austina @missy I don't believe this is Friday! Short week ,( It needs to be longer & I need the break, what else is new. I have a tough choice of Sundays: the weather is perfect for anything outdoors - mid twenties & somewhat cloudy so mid day sun is not something to avoid as it were all through summer, and there is a hill trail I haven't been on for ages, and kitchen does require new herbs etc. - so every pretext is there; then, I haven't paid my visit to the city for a month - and there might be something worth doing/seeing Sunday or Saturday - else, it is still worth an afternoon. Either way, thank you for the nudge to weekend: I am getting sunk into work, of course.

The day has been so eerily pleasant, 25°C or so & misty - you could see the fog tumbling down the mountain & thinning out just above my street [this is my thing - even in stones fog is beautiful!]; it must have rained down in Granada.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean brought the bling!!! I am in love with the Swiss Blue Topaz! Costcy has some Swiss blue topaz jewelry https://www.costco.com/gemstone-earrings.html they are towards the bottom of the page. https://www.costco.com/gemstone-necklaces.html And there's a few necklace options too - in case you need a set now that you have your stunning ring!!!
Thank you @bling_dream19 It’s just so blue...and I really only wear pastel colors. I hope I wear it. I’m still on the hunt for a different gem.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean thank you for sharing how your son and daughter in law got married. That is very unique to have the ceremony and wedding dinner and then the next day have the reception. I actually love the idea of the ceremony and then a small dinner. My parents have said they will pay for my dress - and my mom has already suggested 2 dresses! So, I might be wearing 2 dresses too! Thanks for helping me calm down. I agree the people who can make it for Wednesday will make and those who can't will be there for Sat wedding and reception. And you're right, the folks who come wednesday and stay might really enjoy the time and make a vacation out of it.

Ok I NEED TO SEE YOUR 2.3MM PINK SARRIEL!!!:love::love::love:
I'm hoping I still made the right decision with the 1.8mm one, my plan is for when I'm swollen lol that I will prefer the thin band, or when it's winter I might be able to wear 3 bands. It's funny, I have size 7 long fingers but I don't seem to be able to stack - my fiance says my length comes from the knuckle to the nail but I'm stubby from knuckle to the hand lol:lol::D
I think your 1.8mm will be beautiful. I’ll wear the sapphire tomorrow and take a pic for you..:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
!
I’m starting to see more blue..I set it down on a paper towel..and it looked much bluer.
It’s just so blue...and I really only wear pastel colors. I hope I wear it. I’m still on the hunt for a different gem.

The perfect blue is inbetween, then! Fun trials.
I feel the same about wearing startling colours.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
!

The perfect blue is inbetween, then! Fun trials.
I feel the same about wearing startling colours.
@AV_ The blue topaz is really bright blue but the light blue moissanite pendant is the one I have trouble seeing the blue..My ideal color blue is probably a shade bluer than the pendant.. :twirl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Just got to the house but wanted to pop in and say hi -

@missy, great news about your computer! The ice cream looks SO yummy and love the pics of the clouds. I'm sorry to hear Fred is still struggling. Keeping him and all the kitties in my thoughts. I hope the weather is good there and you can get some cycling in this weekend. XXX

@Tekate, sending lots of healing vibes to you, so sorry you're still in such pain and I hope the meds kick in quickly.
((((HUGS))))

@Mamabean, making arrangements for tests and medical treatments are such a hassle, sorry you had such a rough time and a stressful day, and I hope today was better for you. XOX

@marcy, what an awful dream, no wonder you couldn't go back to sleep. It's a shame things didn't work out with your friend and I hope you enjoyed your pie. Now I want pie LOL...missy's ice cream is giving me cravings!

@Austina, sounds like the utility room is coming along nicely, will be great to have things fresh and new. I'm so glad Dottie seems to be feeling ok and happy that she is still enjoying her walks, even though they're a bit shorter!

@Calliecake, have a fun weekend with your adorable grand-niece! <3

@bling_dream19, I think your band sounds perfect! Can't wait to see it...and wouldn't mind a pic of your beautiful ering either :halo:

@AV_, I hope you have a wonderful weekend, whatever you decide to do! Just be sure to tell us all about it :kiss2:

@canuk-gal, those earrings are adorable! :D

I think the weather is going to be pretty nice while we're here, supposed to be sunny and low 80's.

Will check in soon, hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I’m sorry to butt in on this thread, I have no one to talk
with except my sister( thank goodness we are partners with an ongoing
crisis with my Mom)....Our Mother is still living in her own home, she requires 24/7 care since her recent diagnosis with CHF. Myself and Kim
share duties, weekdays for me/weekends for her( plus her full time job).
We have hired a dear soul to help with nights and mornings. My Mother
Is a feisty feminist (rare from where we live.) She resents losing her
Independence, spending her money for the help at night, moans about
not being able to drive her car. Are we giving her the right medicine
(Suspicious cat eyes noted.). She goes over her bank statements with a
Fine tooth comb. She dislikes the food she is served. She never has a nice thing to say about Gloria ( the night help) she eats all the time, on her cell
phone. BTW Gloria is wonderful. Basically- she sits and complains. I’m
always kind to her, I don’t let her bait me. She may end up living with me,
I love her, that would challenging, to say the least, does it ever get better?
The battles? #2) My DH is going thru a big merger with another Company,
Don’t know how that will shake out #3) My baby girl is unhappy in her
Marriage, I can tell. She will come to me when it gets so bad she needs
support. In the meantime, I turn to retail therapy to get it off my mind.
Thanks for letting me vent. Had to on this Friday Night.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal You are bold!

-

My ideal color blue is probably a shade bluer than the pendant...

Ask for another, they say - WWW,
Furthermore, WWW, WWW - both faint blue/violet shift, I expect;
Either the round brilliant and the other rounds can be low enough - 70% or so, the rippled model is particularly low.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Happy Caturday Saturday. How did the last weekend of summer happen so fast? :shock:

@junebug17 yay for lovely weather. Enjoy the weekend to the fullest. Hugs.

@Tekate I have been thinking of you and hoping your tooth/jaw/mouth pain is gone and that you are healing and feeling well. Sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust and big gentle hugs.

@AV_ did you enjoy ice cream the other day? I meant to ask you. Enjoy some today and have a wonderful Saturday. XO.

@Mamabean how are you doing? Weekend plans? Thinking of you and hoping family struggles are decreasing and things are improving. Hugs.
Oh and if the bling is too blue for you hand it over girlfriend. That is my color. :cheeky:

@bling_dream19 aww thanks for your kind words. Just doing the best we can. I don't know if it will be enough though :(
Your plan sounds like a good one and I am excited for you. Marrying the love of your life and everything else will fall into place. And I love a winter beach wedding...just saying. Romantic and beautiful.
Thanks for the Costco rec. We did look there too. There is a 2-3 week lag time for all of those appliances and if ours breaks we might not have that time. Why does it take so long to get? Oh well. Fingers crossed our dryer and washer do not break til we find a suitable replacement.

Hello NIRDIS!

All Hallows.png

Custom made, Spess and Enamel! :cheeky::lol-2::P2:saint::whistle:

Love it Sharon.:bigsmile: Perfect for Autumn wear. :bigsmile:

@Slick1 enjoy a wonderful weekend and sending you lots of good wishes and happy occasion dust.

@Scandinavian continued good wishes for your mom and lots of healing dust. Hugs.

@marcy did you have astronomy last night? If so what was the topic? I keep thinking of the Neil Young song "Harvest Moon" since we had the full moon the other day. Love that song. I took a photo of the moon during the day when we had that full moon. I will find it and share it here if I can. Hope you only had sweet dreams last night. XO.

Hi @Luvallgems sorry for your challenges and I hope things are going smoothly by you. It's not easy caring for our aging parents. You're a good daughter.

We had a great cycling day yesterday. Another beautiful weather day. And the ice cream was yummy. And so much larger than the large with Jimmy. Dave's medium is larger than Jimmy's large. As I wrote before I am eating my weight in ice cream every week lol.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 5.31.10 AM.png

:lickout:

Another beautiful day at the shore (for @bling_dream19 )

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 5.32.40 AM.png

and we saw our favorite bird too. The Cormorant.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 5.32.05 AM.png

@marcy here is the photo I took during the full moon...it was in the morning. I love it when we see the morning moon.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 5.34.32 AM.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. Sending you hugs and love.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I’m sorry to butt in on this thread, I have no one to talk
with except my sister( thank goodness we are partners with an ongoing
crisis with my Mom)....Our Mother is still living in her own home, she requires 24/7 care since her recent diagnosis with CHF. Myself and Kim
share duties, weekdays for me/weekends for her( plus her full time job).
We have hired a dear soul to help with nights and mornings. My Mother
Is a feisty feminist (rare from where we live.) She resents losing her
Independence, spending her money for the help at night, moans about
not being able to drive her car. Are we giving her the right medicine
(Suspicious cat eyes noted.). She goes over her bank statements with a
Fine tooth comb. She dislikes the food she is served. She never has a nice thing to say about Gloria ( the night help) she eats all the time, on her cell
phone. BTW Gloria is wonderful. Basically- she sits and complains. I’m
always kind to her, I don’t let her bait me. She may end up living with me,
I love her, that would challenging, to say the least, does it ever get better?
The battles? #2) My DH is going thru a big merger with another Company,
Don’t know how that will shake out #3) My baby girl is unhappy in her
Marriage, I can tell. She will come to me when it gets so bad she needs
support. In the meantime, I turn to retail therapy to get it off my mind.
Thanks for letting me vent. Had to on this Friday Night.
@Luvallgems I’m so sorry you are going through this. My mom is with me eight years...I don’t know you but I will tell you it was a big mistake to have my mom come live with me. If my mom was pleasant and loving it would have been a different story. If you can afford to place her in a nice place I would suggest you do that. If she is ungrateful now you can count on it being so much worse when she’s in your house. I wish someone told this to me. Hugs to you...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends..My son and daughter-in-law called and asked is to meet them this morning at a fair..an hour away... Of course we said yes...No sleeping in an extra hour today! I hope you guys have a great day today. I’ll talk to you later! Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girlfriends..Scott and Allie called and asked is to meet them this morning at a fair..an hour away... Of course we said yes...No sleeping in an extra hour today! I hope you guys have a great day today. I’ll talk to you later! Hugs!

Enjoy the day Joanne!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results