shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last post for this AM. Another live act that was happening while we were shopping. Very cool.

Then we stopped by Eataly in the same huge complex and had a nice look around. We haven't eaten there yet but we will meet one day on a Friday for lunch when the tourists go home in January. Looking forward to it because the food looks amazing.

Callie, next time you visit me we will go to the Oculus. It is less than 15 minutes away from us by train. I had planned it when you visited in October but we ran out of days LOL. 8)

Have a great Sunday girls! Stay warm and comfortable and enjoy. :wavey:

livemusicandperformanceatoculusdec2016.jpg

eataly.jpg

eatalywithgregdec2016.jpg

eatanddrinkwell.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -
Bea-utiful! She looks huge and disco-y and wonderful.

I think Marcy decided to tell her nieces there was only one ring and keep the other??? Hi Marcy :wavey:

Oh la la to the boots and Callie and Greg as enablers. Can I borrow them? [the enablers]. I've been looking at diamonds on line literally all morning and could feel the process advancing. First: just looking. Then, maybe a little cute diamond? Then, I deserve what I want!! omg

Of course, if the boots are 7 1/2 I would not mind borrowing them too : )
My favorite boots are by Ivanka Trump. Sorry : ( they are very nice looking & comfortable and fit my skinny old calves. I wish I were not supporting her, but that was pre-politics and I like the boots too much to toss them.

I have a dandy case of the flu. I knew I might be in trouble when at least half the people on the train to the airport were sneezing and coughing. But, ever faithful to our cause, I can use this down time to do some online retail therapy.

Happy Sunday, dear NIRDIs. Please, let's not have winter just yet.

Scandi, your post about throwing out the bed made me laugh. Of course, that is EXACTLY the way things should be done!
Impulsively and with great confidence.

With that in mind, it's back to looking at diamonds. lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww honey, I'm so sorry you have the flu. That really sucks. :knockout: Can you please get yourself to an urgent care center being Sunday and not being able to call your regular doctor for some flu mess that can shorten the duration of the illness for you? Sending healing vibes across the miles and of course big gentle hugs.

Leaving you with a photo of Greg from yesterday that will surely put a smile on your face. The ever patient loving dh waiting as I try on many pairs of boots lol. Also including the 2 finalists. I went with the gray. Keep in mind I was wearing my Bordeaux boots hence the burgundy tights. I wouldn't wear this outfit with either of the boots below FYI. ;))
Jimmianne I promise you SW boots fit skinny calves. Try them because we are not fans of anything Trump that's for sure. But as always I respect your decision no matter what. :halo:

And one last pic of the transportation hub. It's so cool. :sun:

Feel better sweetheart!

50248294462__fe6a75bb-5597-4567-97e5-2f20e9bd1369.jpg

img_13863.jpg

img_13864.jpg

img_13865.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EDIT to weekendplans: DS sick, throwing up. The charm of having children.. Worried that DD will get sick, because her ballet school are having their annual Christmas show tomorrow.

Missy, I really need to come visit you so you can take me shopping for boots !!

Jimmianne, off course you deserve anything you want :bigsmile: (I'll be your enabler..)

Missy, I love the nutcracker! I *am* sorry that you did not get to dress up, but only because I love it so much! We are going away (without the children) Wednesday - Sunday, so stay tuned for some "I'm dressing up" pictures, lol. But that fantastic new dress of yours - perhaps Greg could take you to a really nice restaurant so you could wear it with just the two of you going out..? Oh don't mind me, I'm a bit like Cinderella.. "Oooou is that a dress...?" "Is it for me....?" LOL I have packed something like 4 pair of flats and 2 pairs of wedges and 2 pairs of stilettos already, lol.

Marcy, cook book in Serbian! You should totally invite yourself for a cook-together! Might be very interesting with google translate :) Good job getting that money back for the TV! I hate buying things that are later sold at a discount, even if it is much later. Grrr.. LOL.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy, for being such a doll.
I promise to take good care of myself : )
btw, my email isn't working properly since Apple had me download El Captain.
I can get, but not send mail

Scandi - the joys of motherhood...right? I hope everyone else stays well and your DS feels better soon.

PS is just so perfect on a grey rainy day. b-l-i-n-g!!!!!
diamonds and high boots. a winning combo. <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I always have good intentions of keeping up with this thread and end up falling terribly behind, but I will do my best to catch up!

Missy, sorry about your computer issues, it's frustrating when a simple thing turns into a production. It sounds like you have a good handle on the flea situation and are doing all you can, I think you're in pretty good shape. I understand where you're coming from with the black tie event, there are times I feel the same way and I prefer smaller gatherings myself. SO happy to see the pics of Yoshi, Zeke, and Theo and very relieved they are doing well. Also glad to hear the feral kitty food situation has been straightened out and it's great to see pics of them. Lol to Fred being so adventurous! Love the pic! I kind of like that he decided to live on the wild side for a little while, although I'm glad he finally came to his senses and got back in his carrier with getting hurt.

Wow, the Oculus is just gorgeous and a great place to spend some time! Love your new boots, I'm really into the color gray these days and they look great on you. So fun that there was a performance of the Nutcracker going on , that worked out well lol. Bea looks especially gorgeous in the pic, the apple store lighting is very flattering. I enjoyed seeing all the pics of your day, made me feel like I was there!

Thanks for the encouraging words about settling the estate, you made me realize that I have accomplished some things. The last time I saw my sister she offered to help but it was kind of a vague offer and she's dealing with a few health issues so I don't know. I'm not even sure in what capacity she could help at this point but once I get more organized hopefully she can lend a hand in some way.

Rainwood, thanks for the advice about dealing with the house, SO helpful, gives me an outline of what to do. We're actually exploring the option of my brother remaining in my mother's house, not sure at this point but we're thinking that just might be the easiest thing to do, for now at least, and might make the most sense for my brother. It's an option we're looking into, don't know if it will pan out. Thanks a lot for the encouragement and support, you're right, I'll get through this and it will eventually be behind me.

I'm glad to hear you've been feeling better and hoping by now you're back to normal. Love seeing the pics from the Asian Museum, my favorite is the bird, she really is pretty! Beautiful pics of the beach. The table setting is absolutely lovely. Try as I might, I can never get my table to look as elegant and pretty as this. I'm glad you have some trips lined up, you seem to really enjoy traveling and seeing new and different places.

And talk about buns of steel lol! He's in great shape :halo:

Jimmianne, welcome back!!! I am so happy to have you back, I've missed you - and I'm happy to read that you are doing well being back home and are not as sad about leaving France - so sorry about the jet lag, I can relate, I had a terrible time adjusting when I went to China a few years ago. And I hope you recover from this flu quickly, take care of yourself. I LOVE the lavender cabinets, you have such a good eye for color, your kitchen looks so pretty. I like that this house will be your boho house lol - and the frog handles are adorable! Very glad you feeling excited about cooking, it's invigorating to have a new interest.

Wow, you weren't fooling around when you said you were going to work on your house in France! You actually got into some demolishion lol. It is very exciting to see progress being made. Love the pics of the flea market, there are some lovely things. And what a beautiful view from your house. :love:

I totally get what you mean about looking at jewelry online lol - I start out by thinking I'm just going to buy a little "something", nothing big, and then the budget keeps going up the longer I look! :roll:

Marcy, I hope the person you're interviewing works out. The sign you're having made is a great idea, I love it! Thanks for the good thoughts about my son - yeah, I do think the transition into the adult world is hard for him right now. And congrats on getting back some money for the tv, sweet! I love when things work out like that.

Oh no Scandi, so sorry DS is sick and I hope he's feeling better soon! And I truly hope DD doesn't get it, especially with the dance recital tomorrow. Glad to hear you're getting away next week, you deserve it after how hard you've been working.

Speaking of bling fever, I currently have it and figure Christmas is a good excuse for it lol. I've gotten dh to climb aboard the bling train and have been browsing around and trying to figure out what the best purchase would be. Trying to keep the cost down somewhat and stay within a certain number. I still love the cluster ring I posted a while back, it's at the top of my budget - but I'm thinking it is a similar "look" to my ering. Here's a pic of the cluster -

il_339.jpg

Here's my ering - I don't know, don't both rings have a similar look in a way?
img_9878.jpg

Ok, another option - for the price of the cluster ring I could get 2 rings - I stumbled upon this peridot ring and it's very reasonably priced - and the setting is really pretty - I couldn't get a pic of the profile of the ring but I included the link. I was thinking I could get this peridot ring and the pink spinel ring I've been looking at. I know, they are similar styles, but I have been wanting green and pink gemstone rings.

il_319.jpg

OR…I could get the peridot ring and this cluster ring, and still not be spending as much as the larger cluster. The coloring is off in the pic, it's platinum. Smaller carat weight than the other cluster but still has hand presence.

Thanks for bearing with me and my ruminations, I'm leaning towards getting the peridot and the smaller cluster but would love to hear your thoughts. Here's the link for the peridot, I think the setting is very cool -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361833817238?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&autorefresh=true

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

s-l200.jpg

6271.png

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm going to call him Free-Range Fred from now on! Quite the escape artist although it sounds like he thought better of it. And the Oculus looks very cool as do your new gray boots. Greg is so patient. And sorry you don't feel up to the black-tie party, but it's better to be honest about it.

Jimmianne, look at you, the demo queen! And the view from the road behind the house is amazing. I can spot half a dozen things at the flea market that I'd want to take home. And it's right in the village. Lucky, lucky you. If I go to Paris next fall, I'm going to hire a guy who can take me through, negotiate and arrange shipping at the Clignancourt flea market. I've never been and would want to do it as efficiently as possible. And sorry you have the flu. That can be a real downside to traveling in the fall and winter. But a great excuse for online shopping. Hope you find some great things!

Junie, if you all decide your brother should live in the house, you should have a written agreement signed by all the siblings about who pays for what, including property taxes, repairs, etc. and how and when the decision can be made to sell (assuming your mom left the house to all the kids in equal shares and there's no mortgage). It may seem like overkill to do that for family, but it's best for everyone to think about how it's supposed to work before anything comes up. It will save a lot of potential hard feelings or disputes.

And I love all the ring choices, although I'm still partial to the original cluster ring.

Scandi, sorry DS is sick and hope your DD doesn't miss her performance.

Sharon, that brooch would look just like me if she were wearing jeans, clogs, rain gear, and a hat, carrying a poop bag, and the dog was off-leash because she pulled too much!!

I went to the island for a short visit and went out for brunch then onto the art studio tour today. They do it twice a year, and a lot of island artists open their studios for people to see and buy their work. I bought a woven scarf from my weaving teacher and a wooden bowl that was so smooth, I just wanted to run my hands across it all the time. And the weather was supposed to be rainy, but turned into a beautiful, cold, sunny day. And everything worked!! I did a few things to winterize, but think I'm otherwise ready if the weather turns cold.

Have a great Monday!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimianne- Love your rehab post and pics. Please start a separate thread as I know so many of us would love to hear about and see the progress and neighborhood pics. PLEASE?! I love those 4 cane back dining chairs in the picture... reminds me I need new chairs.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your shopping trip looks like a great deal of fun. I love your boots. My other niece’s ring is ready to pick up tomorrow so she’ll pick it up sometime this week. I asked her to send me a picture of it on her hand so I’ll post her picture when I get it. Your pictures are great and how nice to catch the Nutcracker. Bea looks fabulous under Apple lighting and that Christmas tree is huge. Eataly is a fabulous name.

Jimmianne, I am completely innocent and have nothing to do with my niece’s rings or sapphires. I swear. I would gladly try them on for them though. I am sorry you have the flu. I sure hope you are feeling better tonight. What diamond shapes are you browsing through? I am trying to squash my natural must buy jewelry impulses until May so I of course will be more than happy to help you shop.

Scandi, I hope your DH is better and the rest of you don’t catch it. The Christmas show will be fun. Have fun on your mini vacation. You wonder how well google translate would work on recipes. I know what you mean about hating it when something you just bought goes on sale. I rarely go back but for $300 I didn’t think it would hurt to ask. Plus our salesman told us the day we bought it to watch prices between now and Christmas because they will honor the lower price. Pretty good deal.

Pretty cook brooch, Sharon.

June, the nice thing about dealing with the estate most of it can be worked on in small pieces and when you get around to it. That would be nice if it works out your brother could just stay at your mom’s house. All of your ring choices are beautiful. The cluster ring is about the same finger coverage as your ering but I think they do look different. The colors of the peridot and spinel ring are luscious. I like the YG cluster ring too; it would be an obvious different from your ering since it’s YG. Enjoy picking out what you want.

Rainwood, the art studio tour does sound like fun and you came home with some nice things. Is the deep freeze coming our way going to hit you? It sounds like Wednesday is going to be brutal here.

Hi Lambskin!

My sister and BIL came up for the day. She dropped off some of her sapphires at my jeweler to get made in to some rings and pendants. A few are for her but the rest of them are for some of her friends or co-workers. My jeweler must realize he’s got a sure deal with her for a while because he gave her his cell phone number so she doesn’t ever drive 100 miles and find he isn’t in his shop.

We all watched the Broncos game then went to lunch. I am still full. I had 1/2 of a big steak, salad and some fries then a very hot apple cobbler.

I had Marty and my BIL take my car to fill it up with gas. They were teasing me when they came back that it wasn’t even below a 1/2 of a tank but I pointed out to them today is the warmest it’s going to be for at least a week so I want gas now.

I spent quite a bit of time today trying a new desk top publishing app I bought and downloaded. Hate it so far. Tried some more DTP in Word and hated it as well. My Tourettes was kicking in what I was messing with it. I know I could buy Parallels and use Microsoft Publisher but I am way too cheap to pay $79 each year for Parallels. I have a few weeks to mess with the new app and see if I can get it to work for me.

Have a great evening and Happy Monday!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I'm sorry honey. But I can't help you with the rings. After seeing your e-ring I can't remember anything about the others... :lol: (Buy the one you love, regardless of price, it will always be less expensive than buying something reasonable first, and then the one you really wanted later.. LOL)

Rainwood, yay, everything worked!! Sounds like an amazing weekend!

Jimmianne, :wavey: just wanted to tell you how nice it is to have you "home here" again.

Missy, that car incident was kind of scary, glad you had the good sense to take pictures for us though :)

Marcy, oh that sounds nice. I hate filling gas on the car too. The one that needs that kind of food needs diesel, and it smells on my hands no matter how careful I am..

CJ, how are you?

Gypsy, how are you and DH and Harry doing?

DS is still sick, at home today with DH until my mother gets off work, she only works half days. And then I need to leave work early to go home, get DD, get to the theatre where they are having the recital/Christmas show, and then - highlight of my day - babysit 21 girls from through rehearsals and the show :lol: Its OK, its my turn this year I guess. And I think I get to watch the rehearsals, and that is always a lot more fun than the show. The instructors are soooo stressed, lol.

Got to go! Ton of work to do before I leave today! Only 2 more days until WEEKEND lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All,
Going to be posting under a different name from now on. I am retiring my Prosumer name. I am going do some social media posts for some vendors, annoymously. It's not a full time gig or anything close, so I am still doing very serious job hunting. But it was worth the opportunity to go over to the trade. Just wanted you guys to know. If this path works out, fabulous. If not, like Allison, I'll revert back to Prosumer and retire that name. I will update on Harry on here still, and chatting but I will be posting less from now on in general. Harry is learning to play, he had a break through today. Please contact me privately if you want to chat, Missy has my information. Miss you guys.
Best,
Gypsy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1480926154|4104885 said:
Hi All,
Going to be posting under a different name from now on. I am retiring my Prosumer name. I am going do some social media posts for some vendors, annoymously. It's not a full time gig or anything close, so I am still doing very serious job hunting. But it was worth the opportunity to go over to the trade. Just wanted you guys to know. If this path works out, fabulous. If not, like Allison, I'll revert back to Prosumer and retire that name. I will update on Harry on here still, and chatting but I will be posting less from now on in general. Harry is learning to play, he had a break through today. Please contact me privately if you want to chat, Missy has my information. Miss you guys.
Best,
Gypsy

Carpe diem, seize the day! Much luck to you and so happy to hear about Harry!! Wish you all the best and hope you will stop by sometimes :) Veni - vidi - vici -> you will be the best! Hugs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, that's quite a pin!

June, I especially like the pink spinel. It's so elegant. So many good choices. It will be fun to see what you end up doing.

I bought a small asscher online this morning. just fell in love with it. There is a decent return window, so I can see if it's as lively in person.
I must have looked at 500 stones [probably a great underestimate... :lol: ] and this one just jumped out at me and yelled [silently] buy me! buy me!. That's what happens when you look long enough : ) yes?
But this does NOT preclude a trip to Adam's, Missy

Happy Monday, everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Monday!

Sharon, ooh la la I love that. Beautiful brooch. I want to be that girl and have that dog. :love:
Hope your holiday season is going well!

Scandi, I am so sorry your DS is ill and I hope he recovers fully very very soon. In the meantime I hope your DD doesn't catch it and all goes well with her ballet christmas show today. And yes please. Come here for boot shopping (plus anything else you are up for) anytime! Open invitation. :appl: I think we could do some (monetary) damage together LOL. :cheeky:

Junie, I am no help because I love that ruby ring so much and the peridot ring isn't shabby either. Though honestly I might just go for the more expensive cluster ring because the old adage a deal isn't a deal unless you are getting exactly what you want rings true. You have been lusting for the antique diamond cluster and if it is within (even though at the top of) your budget I say go for it. And personally I just LOVE an antique cluster and if I wasn't unsure about a specific bling project I might go for an antique cluster myself and I just might do that in the near future if I don't go for the other project...I tried one on at the Antique Jewelry show this past October that was gorgeous but at 16K (if memory serves me correctly) I was hesitant to pull the trigger. So if you found one that you love with the right proportions pleasing to your eye (and it seems as if you have) within a reasonable price range my vote is to go for it. You can always find a pretty antique ruby halo another time.

Hope your DS is doing well and that the estate issues are not stressing you out. (((HUGS))) and good thoughts being sent your way.

Jimmianne, how do you feel today? The flu meds are effective if you take them within the first 48 hours so just reminding you if you haven't maybe you still can contact your doctor's office and have the pharmacy deliver the Rx to you this morning in time to take effect within that 48 hour period. In any case I hope you are feeling better!

And woohoo to your new bling purchase! :love: Pics please. :appl: And whew what a relief that doesn't preclude our visit to Adam. :naughty: I am looking forward to it! :appl:

Rainwood, I am glad you had a lovely visit at the island house and the art studio tour sounds like a blast. I love things like that! LOL to free range Fred. He is the very definition of "scaredy cat" so it is quite amusing he tried escaping. Glad he thought better of it and that he was not injured in his adventure. And yes I always believe honesty is the best policy in99.99% of situations. There are some (rare) exceptions and that involves situations where others feelings can be (unnecessarily) hurt. This was not one of those situations.

Marcy, thank you and looking forward to seeing a photo of your other nieces sapphire ring. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice weekend and the company of your sister and BIL. Yumm to apple cobbler. Did you have vanilla ice cream on top? :lickout:
I am sorry the desktop publishing app isn't working out well for you. Most of what you wrote re the computer is like a foreign language to me so I didn't understand it all but I am hoping it works out and becomes more user friendly for you. I am with you. I like to fill the tank of our car whether or not we are past the 1/2 full mark or not. Once a week no matter what I like filling the car. You just never know. I remember Sandy quite acutely and don't want to be caught without enough gas. Of course I was always like that before Sandy but never mind. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. :!:

Gypsy, congratulations on your new endeavor and wishing you the very best of luck!!!! As Scandi so wisely writes Carpe Diem! You will be great at whatever you set your heart and mind to do. Of that I have no doubt. Big (((HUGS))) and lots of good luck dust for this next stage of your life and happy adventures to come. :!:

Callie, how is the snow by you this morning? I hope it is still pretty and that it has stopped and is easily managed by your snow removal company. Stay warm and safe and if you go out today to make returns please take it slowly! Or just stay in and go out when the snow is completely gone. No rush with the returns. TTYL.

Hi Lambskin.

Have a good Monday girls! :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, say hi to Free-Range Fred for me! Hope everyone and everything is flea-free. (I have some serious "f" alliteration going on today). Hope your technology is working and Monday is not so challenging as last week.

Jimmianne, you sly devil you! Another asscher? You have been online shopping!! Hope you're feeling better.

Junie, is your DS seeing a therapist? It might do him a lot of good if he tends to keep things in. Finding the right person is important, but can work wonders. Still putting my hand up for the original cluster ring. Unless Jimmianne finds something else for you!

Gypsy, best of luck to you on this next step. It sounds right up your alley!

Scandi, hope the rehearsal and performance go well. You're a good mom!

Trying to get out before it snows or freezes tonight. Hello, Costco, here I come!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, and Scandi, it was cold enough today that I got to wear my Marianne Abelsson pleated fleece scarf and hat I got at Illium Borghius in Copenhagen. I know it's a Swedish design that's been around forever, but I've never seen them here. I got both the blue and the light gray. Wore the gray today. So warm and soft and elegant. Loved them!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls!

Missy, thanks for commenting about my ring dilemma, and it turns out that pink stone is a tourmaline, I was calling it a spinel haha! I agree with you, the cluster ring is calling my name for some reason so I'm going to go for it, I feel the most excited about it. I do like the gemstone rings though too…maybe for my anniversary…I'm so bad…

The estate stuff isn't too bad right now because I haven't been thinking about it lol - but there are a few forms I need to fill out, going to force myself to tackle them tomorrow.

Thanks for thinking of my son, I can't stop worrying for some reason but he seems to be doing ok right now.

Rainwood, thank you for the excellent advice, I appreciate it and you make good points - I should have been more specific, we're actually looking into my brother buying out one of my siblings, in which case he would own the home - 2 other siblings are giving him their portion of the house. (will says house is divided among the 4 children) We're just in the preliminary stages of seeing whether is makes economical sense for my brother and what is involved so not sure at this point what we'll end up doing.

No, my son isn't seeing a therapist but I have suggested it - my son is resistant to the idea but says he'll think about it. I think it's a good idea and worth a try, I will continue to discuss it with him.

Thanks for the input on the ring - yes, I think I'm going for the cluster! Kind of silly to get caught up in such a thing but thinking about diamonds cheers me up!

The brunch and the studio tour sound like such fun outings. Your purchases sound really nice, and I'm glad you're ready for the cold weather.

Marcy, I forgot to tell you I love your niece's ring! It's very much up my alley. By now it's probably obvious I love gemstones in halos lol. Thanks for the input on the ring - yeah, after thinking about it today I agree with you that the two rings look different enough so I'm going to go for it. I've been looking for a while and it's the nicest one I've found in my price range. How did I do on the ornament? I went to Fed-ex today and there were a few Peanuts ornaments randomly on sale there so I bought one. I think it's so cute!

Glad you had a chance to get together with your sister and her husband, sounds like it was a fun day. Sorry you're struggling with your new app but I have faith in you that you'll figure it out!

And you're right, I can take care of the estate business a little at a time so that helps…well, except for one form that has a deadline :roll: which I've been putting off but I'm determined to get it over with tomorrow. It's 12 pages! :shock: What the heck?

Scandi, thinking of your sweet ds and hoping he's feeling better, poor little guy. And I hope everyone else is staying healthy! Good luck with the show, I know it's hectic and it's nice of you to help out so much. And thank you for the nice words about my ering, you made my day! :))

Gypsy, wow, I'm very excited for you and I hope you enjoy this new venture! Sending best wishes that you have a great experience, best of luck to you!

Jimmianne, thanks for the input on the rings, turns out that stone is a tourmaline lol - but it's such a pretty color, isn't it? Sigh. Maybe I can get it for my birthday if it's still for sale by then, poor dh lol. Oooh, can't wait to see your new asscher! And yes, you're bound to find something to buy if you look long enough, haha!

Sharon, that brooch is fabulous! I love it, so whimsical and fun.

Ok, guess I better sign off for now and at least try to get into bed at a reasonable hour - have a good night everyone!

img_13881.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, diesel fuel does smell bad. Marty used to enjoy blowing black smoke out on his buddies with his diesel pickup. How was the Christmas show? I am sure it was fun for the kids. Oh no to your DS being ill. I hope he gets well soon and the rest of you don’t catch it.

Gypsy, good luck with your new adventures.

Jimmianne, I can’t wait to see your new asscher. Sweet.

Missy, I did have vanilla ice cream with the cobbler. The cobbler was right out of the oven so it was a great combo there. I think I am sticking with Pages even though I can’t flow text from one box to the next – that is easy to work around. That new program I bought doesn’t have the ability to make links which I think is pretty lame. Oh well, it gives me something to do. I bet it was hard to get gas after Sandy. I usually fill my car when it gets down to about ¼ of a tank but in the winter it’s more like top off the tank whenever the weather is decent. Ha! How are your new boots?

Rainwood, your scarf and hat sound toasty warm.

June, that’s awesome you are going to go for the ring you’ve been wanting to buy. It is very pretty. When will you get it? I like halos around colored stones. It really makes them pop. That is a great Snoopy ornament you found. Ugh to a 12 page document to fill out for the estate. I had to consult my attorney a few times and a CPA once but other than that the people in the clerk’s office were pretty agreeable to helping me. That would be great if it works out your brother buys the house.

Not much exciting going on here today. My surround and backup cameras on my car didn’t work this morning. The sensors still worked because they were beeping when I was backing out of the garage. When I left work they came on fine. Weird. Breaking my new car already.

It is cold and windy here. Snow starting tomorrow. It was 20 when I came home and my fleece jacket didn’t keep me very warm between the door and my car. I cranked on the heated seat and steering wheel heater for my drive home.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia :wavey:

Lots of work to do today, because :appl: LAST DAY AT WORK THIS WEEK :appl:

I *will* be reading, but not sure how much I'll be able to post. I'll only take my phone with me. But I will try to post some pictures for you girls :) Please let me know when you get bored and I'll stop :lol: Just write SCANDI STOP so I'm sure not to miss that post.. :lol:

OK - 3-2-1 back to my emails! And my deadline.. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, checking in with you...how are you feeling? Sending more well wishes and healing vibes and gentle hugs your way. And we are waiting for pics of your new asscher(when you are up to it that is). :naughty:

Rainwood, I hugged Free Range Fred for you and said hi too. I hope you don't mind I hugged him from you but he loves his hugs and he sends purrs and kisses back to you. Sweet Fred aka Free Range Fred is a frenetic feline fur baby filled with fervent faithful fabulous aFFection. :lol:

Monday went well thank you for your good thoughts. I cleaned out a few more drawers in the bedroom and am feeling satisfied with my progress. Still lots to do but I am making a dent and lightening my load. :appl:

Your new scarves sound fabulous (haha continuing the use of some good F words). Photo maybe? :halo:

Junie, glad you are doing well and that your DS is making some progress. Hopefully if necessary he will decide to go for professional intervention and he is lucky you are there for him. Sounds like a good plan you all have re your brother buying out your siblings so he can own the house and remain where he is happy and safe. Hoping it makes economic sense for him. It would be nice keeping the house in the family and also peace of mind knowing your brother is OK.

Yay for going for the cluster ring. I have always wanted a cluster OEC/OMC ring and now I can live vicariously through you till maybe one day I get my own. Cannot wait to see it on your lovely hand Junie. :love:

Scandi, how is DS today? How did DD's recital go? Hope work goes well and YAY for vacation. You deserve it. :appl:
And yes please post LOTS of pics. You won't get a Scandi STOP from us. 8) :love: :appl:

Marcy, Hahaha I knew it. What is hot apple cobbler pie without some cold vanilla ice cream preferably slow churned. YUMMY. :lickout:

Wow 20 degrees. :errrr: Thank goodness for heated seats and yes I can see where you need your warmer winter coat ASAP. Oh no to snow but hope it is pretty and then it goes away just like Callie's snow storm did. I hope everything in your car continues to work. Maybe the temps caused a temporary failure of the cameras and once things warmed up they started working right again? Be careful driving and have a good day Marcy.

I had some fun playing with Bea after cleaning out more closets and drawers yesterday. Took a few videos and shared it with one or 2 of you. Sorry I cannot share here because we aren't allowed to share videos. But I will share a few still pics if you don't mind indulging me. LOL I'm a grown a** woman *still* taking videos and pics of her ER years after I got it. Not normal. :roll: :boohoo:

First pic is Bea waiting for me to finish cleaning out drawers and closets so I can take her out and adore her. She is in her jewelry box created by Greg and surrounded by cooler colors we have in the bedroom. Quite the contrast to pic 2.

Second pic is right before Greg got home and it is dark out and the light is so different with the overhead warm lighting and yellow walls and cream and yellow area rug. Bea has more of a soft glowy creamy coloring with that lighting and surrounding colors. Of course HRH Francesca wants in on the action. If only I could share videos here!

And for Marcy, I am enjoying my new boots and wore them yesterday in fact. Attaching a photo. :halo:

Have a great day girls! Stay warm and comfie. :wavey:

beawaitingtobeworn.jpg

beaandfrankie.jpg

graycity5050swboots.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hope you have a fabulous time on your long weekend.

Missy, anything made with apples is best right out of the oven and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I wish we had some dessert stuff here tonight. I have slow churned ice cream but it is way too cold out to eat ice cream tonight. Bea looks fabulous in any light and your boot look great. They should be great for cold weather.

Speaking of cold - holy deep freeze! It says it feels like 6 now and tomorrow is going to be colder. I am so glad I am taking a day off from work tomorrow and hopefully I can stay home all day.

Marty and I must have been in oblivious land last night when we went to bed. We left 2 steaks thawing out on the counter, left all of the little Christmas lights on and the tree was still plugged in. I guess that is better than the time I left a gas burner on low all night. We threw out the steaks this morning and Marty had to go buy some more for supper.

I decided to go back to my original desk top publisher program. The new one I bought can’t set up links to websites or emails. My only issue with my original program is the newer version can’t link text boxes but I can work around that pretty easy. I am kind of redesigning the newsletter anyway so the first edition for 2017 will look different anyway.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, oh no to leaving the steaks out all night but luckily that is easily replaceable. We have done things like that before. It's OK and it was nothing dangerous or irreplaceable at least.

Wow it is cold by you. I agree apples taste amazing with vanilla ice cream. Actually everything and anything tastes amazing with vanilla ice cream. :cheeky: And I can eat ice cream anywhere and any temperature so bring it. :appl:

Glad you are going back to your original desktop program as it is much more user friendly and glad you figured a way around the linking of text boxes. I am sure your newsletter will be wonderful.

Big YAY for a day off today for you Marcy. Today is my Monday and it is going to be a very long day. I am not scheduled for patients today but rather we are meeting at a different location which is a long walk away and wouldn't you know it the weather here is very rainy and cold-perfect for a long walk LOL. Today will be a full day (8 hours plus) of EHR instruction. A round table instruction of 8-10 people today (8-10 people per session and different groups are scheduled for different days) and with a round table and small group all eyes are on us and there can be no checking my phone, email, texts etc. Drat. Out of touch with the outside world all day. It will be a long and boring day and tomorrow we start the new EHR system with patents. A challenging week but I will do my best.

Thank you for the Bea love. And thank you for indulging me. I don't know why but I have been on a Bea photo shoot lately. :lol:

Enjoy your day off and stay warm and cozy!
Everyone have a good Wednesday. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

Your newly awakened love affair with Bea sounds very philosophical. The beauty is always there and suddenly you wake up to it. It's almost surprising. Because of Bea I got Joy out of the safe. I have not worn her for months. Now I too am taking photos and enjoying something I was blind to for a long time.

I like your tunic very much, and with those boots! Very excellent look. Would you mind sharing where you got the tunic or the brand? Probably around here I could only find such things online.

I do hope your day is not as ugh-ful as it sounds : (

Full report later? At least it's [your] Friday! and they can't make you go traipsing around tomorrow.
wow - edit that!! It's your Monday! what WAS I thinking.
Run away! Come to NC :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, ugh to a long and boring day, I hope the time goes by as quickly as possible for you.

Thanks for the supportive words about my brother's living arrangements - you are a very intuitive person, where my brother is going to live is a big concern for several reasons and you seem to be understanding the situation without my having to go into a lot of detail. Dh is working through the numbers to see if financially it will work out, and it looks like it might so we'll see. In my heart I do think it would be best for him to be able to remain in the house if possible, and honestly the easiest thing for everyone concerned.

Love the pics of Bea! :love: Such a gorgeous diamond. She looks amazing in both lighting conditions. I see Francesca is trying to get into the action lol. And your new boots look great and I love your outfit.

Marcy, yay to a day off, enjoy it! Too bad about leaving the steaks out and lights on but no harm done, I do stuff like that a lot :oops: Sticking with your original publishing program sounds like your best bet, sometimes new is better but not always! Yikes, you are certainly having some cold weather, thank goodness for the heated seat and steering wheel. Sounds like the perfect weather for staying warm and cozy indoors.

Jimmianne, I hope you're feeling better - and I'm glad you've rediscovered Joy's beauty and are enjoying her, she's fabulous and deserves the attention ha!

I ordered the cluster ring yesterday and it should be here by Friday. I think the best part of buying bling is waiting for it to show up lol. I'm dying to see it in person. I can't officially wear it until Christmas but I can play with it so I'll take pics as soon as I get it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1481126177|4105363 said:
Hi girls!

I ordered the cluster ring yesterday and it should be here by Friday. I think the best part of buying bling is waiting for it to show up lol. I'm dying to see it in person. I can't officially wear it until Christmas but I can play with it so I'll take pics as soon as I get it.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...I went from flirting to getting serious.
My insanity? of the day. I feel sane haha
I feel a NIRDI bling-fest coming on.
I don't know who started it - Bea or June's eye-candy post :naughty:
i know...I already just got an asscher, but then I started thinking that maybe it's time to get exactly what I want instead of trying to make do and make excuses [it's small but I can see it's square when I use my loupe]. I think this may be as large as I want to go. But if I do this, the little asscher is being returned.
My dear NIRDIs....thoughts???
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-asscher.227376/#post-4105369#p4105369']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-asscher.227376/#post-4105369#p4105369[/URL]

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful view, Scandi :appl: :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I hope you are having a great time with your husband!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results