shape
carat
color
clarity

November Healthy Lifestyle Chat

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great weekend. I made pot roast for supper today. I had the butcher's shop cut me about a 3 pound roast out of sirloin; kind of pricey for a roast but very delicious. Marty has been playing his PS3 all day and I've been reading on my Kindle. I have enjoyed my week of vacation and will be very sad to go back to work tomorrow.

Take care.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I got my Kindle too! I absolutely love it!! Pot roast sounds delish. I just made a ham yesterday so no cooking for me tonight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, I am glad to hear you like your Kindle. I am sure your enjoyed not cooking dinner tonight. I thought I'd fix something quick - asparagus, bread and some lite fettuccine alfredo but I didn't get done with cooking and dishes till about 7. Ugh.

My first day back at work wasn't too bad. One lady was on vacation and another went home with a sick kid so I did both of their work plus mine. it made my day go very quickly anyway.

Laters,
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I always forget about the light alfredo. I need to make that soon. Now that it's cold, I need my carbs!

Can't believe tomorrow is Dec.!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, I know; I can't believe today is the last day of November. This year really flew by for me. Carbs are good in the winter.

I had another busy day at work. I put out my first club newsletter off my Mac tonight. My distribution list wouldn't work with the ":" between addresses. I had to change them to a comma. Too funny.

Now I am off to make up our member form for next year and update our webpage. Training exercises on Mac for Marcy tonight. Wish me luck.

Marcy :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!
marcy - are you totally enjoying your new sparkly? I haven't checked about replacing the lost stone in my band. It's from WF and I assume I'd have to pay for the repair, plus go through the hassle of shipping it. This is the band I bought in a size 6.5, and now I wear a 5, so it's way too big. I had been thinking about having my stone reset anyway, so I'll probably just get a different band to go with it. But you know how long it takes me to make a decision about anything! How are you liking the solitaire look? That's one I've been considering. I'll have to download a few of those Stephanie Plum books after I get done with my Sue Grafton series. I'm on the R book, and I think she has written through U - so I've almost read all she has so far.

shiny - I love your Christmas avatar. It's one of my favorites!! I feel for your DH with back problems. Back issues can really get you down. I love my kindle too! Hubby bought me one for Christmas last year, and I can't believe how much I have used it.

Our router has been working, not working, working, not working. It's so aggravating! Matt is going to go get a new one this weekend, and things will get back to normal. He has to get that thing soon so I can do my Christmas shopping! We had a blast with the kids over the weekend, and I was so incredibly happy to see my sister on Sunday when she came to pick them up. Parents must have not one single minute to themselves - I don't know how they do it. It has been pouring buckets all day and hasn't let up, so we didn't get our walk in. We had ham & broccoli casserole for dinner (I love that stuff), and I'd like something sweet but I don't think we have anything. I'm going to read for a bit and then head to bed. I can't believe tomorrow is December 1! Where has this year gone??? Have a great day everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am anxious to try a Sue Grafton book. I saw there are quite a few of them. I am really enjoying the solitaire - actually more than I thought I would. Most of my RHR’s have the diamond accents but my new diamond can hold it’s own. LOL! I hate to hear what a hassle it would be and having costly repair bill to replace the diamond in your ring. That is why I like buying my things from the jeweler in Denver. I can walk in the door, hand over my jewelry and it’s fixed no questions asked and free of charge. I think I’d have a coronary putting my solitaire ring in the mail anyway. Too funny about your comment on how long it takes you to make up your mind; I was recently wondering if you are still trying out new cars. It’s too cold here for rain but right now it is more windy than snowy.

BTW, my html editor turned out to be quick and easy. I am getting the hang of my Mac and find working on windows at work a bit odd now. It is amazing how quickly you can get used to something new.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

SS - ooh so glad you like your Kindle! I LOVE mine!

Marcy - Glad work is going well! You guys are making me hungry again and I just ate.

Deegee - Ugh that is annoying about the router! My internet keeps crapping out - not a router problem but the provider itself - so annoying.

I am tired. Yoga was intense today and yoga followed by zumba just about kills my thighs. On the plus side, I am going to have killer thighs soon. I have lots of motivation to get myself into shape though since I believe I am going snowboarding this weekend! (Well that and the new guy so lots of motivation to look good, lol) My BFF and I are doubling up on gym classes this week to kick our bodies into shape - tomorrow is kickboxing and zumba, I forget what Thur. and Fri. are....just terrified for tomorrow. Plus tomorrow morning I have an interview at 7:30 for substitute teaching. More tiredness!

I'm hungry again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG, good luck on the job interview tomorrow. Yay for you and your BFF doing some marathon workouts. Snowboarding will be a piece of cake for you. Darn, there I go talking about food again. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello to my healthy living friends. :wavey:

We had a heatwave here today. It got in the 40's. Woo hoo! I walked down this morning and picked up 3 days worth of mail; it's been too cold, windy and dark to wander down there after work.

Marty had some problems at work so we didn't leave until after 6 tonight so we picked up some fast food on the way home. I don't have any leftovers for lunch tomorrow then so I guess I'll get us subways for lunch. I wanted to make tacos tonight so we'll have them tomorrow night instead of going out for date night.

I stayed up late last night to finish the book I was reading. The one thing I don't like about the Kindle is it does not show you how many more pages you have to finish that chapter.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results