shape
carat
color
clarity

Nova tonight: Lessons Learned from the 9-11 WTC Fire & Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many saw Nova tonight?

About the detailed study on why the WTC collapsed and why the Oklahoma Mury building collapsed - and the recomendations to improve the building codes to better protect life in high rise buildings.

Most of the recomendations have been adopted into building codes for the newer buildings; and other high rises in other countries have already started to build buildings that way.

It may have taken a while; but here is something good that came out of 9-11.

Perry

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see it. I was watching a different 9/11 special on the discovery channel.

Has anyone ever read the 9/11 commission report? I bought it a couple days after it was released. I still remember bawling when reading the phone conversations and testimony.
7.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I wish I''d seen it!

I''m closely connected to the commitee that approved the building of the tallest skyscraper in Europe. A Renzo Piano building called the Shard of Glass. I love it and am so excited to see it get built, but we are aware it could become a terrorist target in the same way as Big Ben is in London.

It''s an area planning committee''s here haven''t had a lot of training on. Maybe they''ll show it here - I think we call Nova, Horizon...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The following link should get you the information you are looking for.

http://wtc.nist.gov/

Click on the left had link to the status of their recomendations.

The Nova show included discusion some of the issues discovered and on the pro''s and con''s of implementing certain recomendations (is there a real cost benifit for normal emergencies?).

Nova has a history of selling video copies of their shows to appropriate organizations (schools often buy various episodes). If your code committe is interested I would contact Nova through the following website.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/

Hope this helps,

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results